Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

7 Advantages That Chelsea Has Over Man. City In Today's FA Cup Semi-final Tie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 7 Advantages That Chelsea Has Over Man. City In Today's FA Cup Semi-final Tie (133 Views)

Messi Scores His First PSG Goal In Win Over Man City / Edinson Cavani: I Am Sad And Upset Over Man Utd’s Decision / Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Advantages That Chelsea Has Over Man. City In Today's FA Cup Semi-final Tie by Titanium001: 11:40am On Apr 20
The Sky Blues lock horns with the Royal Blues at tea time in today's blockbuster English FA Cup Semi-final fixture at Wembley. The second tie of this stage sees struggling Man. United take on Championship's Coventry City roughly 24 hours later.
Titanium001 highlights 7 advantages we (Chelsea) have over the Cityzens...

1. Two Extra Days of Preparation
The Royal Blues played our last game of football before this game on Monday night, 48 hours before the Sky Blues hosted Real Madrid at the Etihad in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League (UCL) quarterfinals. This afforded the boys from southwest London two extra days to rest and prepare for this game. In that Everton game, we saw first-hand what enough rest before a game can do for this Chelsea team.

2. Momentum on Our Side
Since that defeat to Liverpool in the Carabao Cup final, the Royal Blues are yet to lose a game in all competitions. More like awa eyes don clear, right?Well, that's the only positive that both Pochettino and his players seemed to take from that loss as they've not looked back since then. Same can not be said about City, though: while Chelsea come into this game on the back of our 6-0 demolition of Everton-our highest margin in this campaign, City approach this game wondering what could have been, having being dumped out of the UCL on penalties by Real less than 72 hours prior. Momentum speaks for us here.

3. Wembley Our Home?
That defeat against Liverpool this season, which seems to have turned our season around, happened on today's ground. We thus are surely the team among the two, to have played in Wembley this season. And we obviously have learned so much from that same fixture. The chance to righting the wrongs of that performance has presented itself, and I see us doing just that, looking at other advantages we have here.

4. Their Weakness, Our Strength?
Inasmuch as this sounds like point 1 above, they are different. City did not only play in midweek; they were forced to work hard for 120 minutes for a ticket to the semifinals of the UCL by a defense happy Real, all to lose by penalties in the end. There is no better time to play the Cityzens than less than 72 hours after such an energy sapping game. The reverse seems to be the case for our young team who made light work of Everton in the premier league 48 hours earlier, having missed out on Europe following a 12th-placed finish last season. Visualizing the prospect of the likes of Noni Madueke, Nicholas Jackson, Mykhailo Mudryk, etc running constantly at their tired defense is mouthwatering, to say the least.

5. Confidence and Hunger Everywhere
If there was anything on display in our last few games, it's confidence and Hunger. Players are beginning to take responsibility by fighting to take penalties, jumping into duels and growing into their roles, etc. Examples like Malo Gusto, Marc Cucurella, Moises Caicedo, etc shows a new lease of life at Stamford Bridge. No better time to play City.

6. Our Recent H2H's
We are the only team to have scored 4 past City's defense (within 90 minutes) in years (if I'm not mistaken), and this shows that we have the know-how to breach the City backline; and with Palmer (more on him next) and co. in the form of their lives, I see goals raining here in our favour, and the result, too. Also, we drew both H2H's in the league this season (4-4 and 1-1), with them needing a late equaliser after some strange subs from our coach, to get a point from the Etihad fixture, our last H2H. On a neutral ground this time however, why can't we go one better, especially with other advantages as highlighted here? Your answer is as good as mine.

7. The Palmer Factor
Palmer is simply magic. Dude has already scored 7 goals in April, with half of the month still to go, thereby leveling on goals in the league with City striker Haaland. The young man loves the big occasions, and I see him written all over this game. I could say a million more things about the Chelsea talisman.

City though, are a formidable apposition, but I can see us being ready for anything they throw at us on this occasion.
Re: 7 Advantages That Chelsea Has Over Man. City In Today's FA Cup Semi-final Tie by tobenuel(m): 12:00pm On Apr 20
Lets go with Palmer factor

I really want Chelsea to win todays game. but the way wey City go take flog Chelsea today eh
Re: 7 Advantages That Chelsea Has Over Man. City In Today's FA Cup Semi-final Tie by obi4eze(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20
grin grin grin

I don't care about whoever wins the FA Cup after Fraudchester City is out.

But it's going to be very difficult to beat City in normal time.

(1) (Reply)

Thursday's Prediction / Neymar Mbappé Fails To Lead PSG To Champions League Title / Argentina’s President Alberto Fernandez Wants Lionel Messi To Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.