Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Ignorance Is No Excuse To The Law - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ignorance Is No Excuse To The Law (133 Views)

Blasphemy: What Is The Position Of The Law? / Witchcraft And Charms Are Illegal In Nigeria. Read What The Law Provides On Them / What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignorance Is No Excuse To The Law by donleo92(m): 11:46am On Apr 20
Something happened in my neighborhood yesterday.

A girl worked in a hotel or would I call it a mini bar known as calabar kitchen in elelenwo rivers state. according to her she worked for 2months and few weeks, and she wasn't paid. now out of frustration she decided to take the hotels television home just to make them pay her.

When the manager of the hotel got to know about the incident he reported the case to elelenwo police station for them to arrest the girl. Now my question is why did the manager not pay the girl at first? because it's actually his fault.

anyway, I was fortunate enough to speak to one of the police officers who came for the arrest officer Yellow attached to the elelenwo police station and he said the girl is at fault, that she should have come to make a statement in the police station first.

but is this actually fair?

@seun

infact there is more to the story ooooh.
infact I have learnt to separate pleasure and fun from my work place
Re: Ignorance Is No Excuse To The Law by brain54(m): 11:59am On Apr 20
Never take the laws into your hands...

There are better ways she should have handled the situation to get her money!
Re: Ignorance Is No Excuse To The Law by 1000Capacity: 12:25pm On Apr 20
This story is straight forward, if your employer is owing you, walk up to them and ask.
They can't kill you for asking for what you worked for. The worst thing that can be done is termination of employment.
Re: Ignorance Is No Excuse To The Law by donleo92(m): 1:56pm On Apr 20
1000Capacity:
This story is straight forward, if your employer is owing you, walk up to them and ask.
They can't kill you for asking for what you worked for. The worst thing that can be done is termination of employment.

she asked severally.. Not once or twice according to her.. what the manager kept on saying, was that there was no money..

and the manger is ever willing to deduct her pay whenever she comes late to work, or damage something in the hotel
Re: Ignorance Is No Excuse To The Law by BigYash: 12:44am On Apr 21
The manager might have asked her out and she refused. So the bastard refused paying her to frustrate her.. Now she sef don score home goal

(1) (Reply)

Anti-graft War: Lagos Chief Judge Pledges Greater Support For EFCC / Speaker Urges Opposition To Join Hands With Gov Bello To Develop Kogi / Bite-business Development Investment Trade Economic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.