Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,160 members, 7,845,818 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police (18088 Views)

How Onyebuchi Anele Died After He Was Shot In Face With Police Tear Gas / UK Based Man Disappointed With Police After This Happened In Imo. Photos / Soldiers Clash With Police At Osisioma, Aba, 3 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by back2sender: 10:12am On Apr 23
Lavor234:
Let the Police take care of themselves before they Lord over other agencies. Those agencies perform better than the Police
Exactly Police that has not been able to perform to Nigerians expectation. I dont see the reason why the police cannot do as thier counterpart in UK,USA ,Germany etc. i deliberately refuse to compare with african countries.
Rather they should merge NCSDC and FRSC and Fire service into one body
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by cjfavour(m): 10:30am On Apr 23
This IG sef!!! IG wants more power oooo. He can’t control just police officers and their bribe taking but he want to control road safety and civil defense. Ok oooo!!!!!
TouchNfollow:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/ig-wants-nscdc-frsc-merged-with-police/
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by kolaaderin: 10:38am On Apr 23
While we are trying to dismantle the over bloated police to functional states controlled units, the IG wants more cumbersome uncontrollable larger police force just to increase his own ego of controlling larger force. He is definitely not in term with what he needs to do, devolution of strength should be enforced not accumulation.

1 Like

Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by Emman08: 11:03am On Apr 23
Imagine police processing your vehicle papers! You go pay tire

Or imagine police protecting public infrastructure. Nigeria will collapse.

They should stick to roadblocks and extorting Nigerians abeg. We're not complaining
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by Rechargeam247(f): 11:41am On Apr 23
Lol, imagine you getting a job as a civil defence officer then ending up as a police officer
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by Mussolini1(m): 11:47am On Apr 23
Scam! This logo guy scam me of 3k after paying him he refused to send me the raw file of the design. That's make what he did for me useless, meanwhile I begged him for about a week to send me the raw file to no avail. I have contact someone else. Look before you leap!
sdeli:
One will wonder the original aim Civil defence since they're both for peace keeping

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/5ipxFNUnGQRW3ENE8

1 Like

Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by sammiewrite(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23
I think I speak for most Nigerians when I say, if NSCDC cannot absorb the police instead, they should let them be. Or do they want the NSCDC staff to be bringing ogororo to work and drinking on duty like these policewomen I see everyday, or their bribe taking men? You want a corrupt, inefficient, unprofessional organisation like the Nigerian Police to absorb an organized, efficient, and professional entity like the NSCDC?

1 Like

Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by sukar886: 12:56pm On Apr 23
Abeg make una no give road safety gun ooo
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by BadBradley: 2:50pm On Apr 23
TouchNfollow:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/ig-wants-nscdc-frsc-merged-with-police/
police officer speaking like a politician or political aide.

Very unfortunate.
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by philipstanley(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23
People will just say rubbish just to trend.
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by CyberG: 4:24pm On Apr 23
The IG is supposed to look into providing options for the president / country on how to achieve critical / national objectives, not listing all the problems we already know! None of the problems listed are unsolvable but how about coming-up with options? So after 10+ years, police still cannot solve terrorism, kidnapping & banditry problems & we should therefore wait forever? If you don’t try, you will NEVER be ready!

Has the IG heard about divide-and-conquer strategies to solving a big problem? Bottom-up solutions rather than a big boss in Abuja, doing top-down big-manism and having no clue the real impact of not having effective leadership & personnel within 5-10 mins of criminal, terrorism, kidnapping incidents?

The IG should simply resign or be fired by the president so a more dynamic, idea-driven leader can be appointed. Nigeria cannot wait for every state / person to be ready while crime overtakes the country. When the ready / active states secure their boundaries, the criminals will descend en-masse to where they are NOT ready and the terrorists and bandits can run amok with consequences until the state is ready.

If the IG knows the police is underfunded & under-equipped, why does he want it larger by merging the NSCDC & FRSC? So that the failure can be magnified? Hypocrisy!!
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by BALLOSKI: 7:36pm On Apr 23
sdeli:
One will wonder the original aim Civil defence since they're both for peace keeping

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/5ipxFNUnGQRW3ENE8
Are you proud of the police? Would you go NSCDC or to the police?
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by siant: 9:25pm On Apr 23
In Egbetokun's opinion, state governors will use the state police to suppress the opposition, but president will not use the Nigerian police to suppress the opposition. Hence, Nigeria is not ripe for the state police, but ripe for federal police. Nonsensical nonsense and rubbish.

Egbetokun wants frsc and nscdc merged with the police. Perhaps egbetokun believes frsc is getting lion share of the highway extortions, hence, wants everything to himself alone. Selfish and greedy man.

Of all the security agencies in Nigeria, NSDC still earns my respect a little bit. It is relatively responsible. Egbetokun wants to useless and corrupt the most responsible security organization in Nigeria by merging it with the most irresponsible security organization.
Re: IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police by Mandyjosh: 11:06pm On Apr 23
I believe the idiot is an angry man.he lacks focus.he is avoiding state police establishment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Police Rescues Kidnapped Victims, Recovers Toyota Highlander / Isah Aliyu: Kogi Blogger Arrested On Natasha Akpoti's Reques Freed After 14 Days / Nigerian National Detained For Possession Of Cocaine In Trinidad & Tobago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.