Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. (198 Views)

My 83-Year-old Father Is Getting Married To A 60-Year-Old Lady / 83-Year-Old Muslim Man To Marry 16-Year-Old Girl In Niger State (Photo) / 83-year-old Virgin Finds Love, Marries 90-year-old Father Of 10 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by TrendingVideos7: 7:36am On Apr 24
All thanks be to God🙏. God bless the pilot.

On Tuesday morning, Dana Air flight 5N BKI skidded off the runway during landing at Lagos’s Murtala Muhammed International Airport. The airline promptly confirmed the incident in a statement, expressing regret and clarifying that the flight from Abuja encountered the mishap while landing.

Thankfully, all 83 passengers and crew safely disembarked without injuries, prompting gratitude from the airline. dana Air immediately notified the Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) and the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and reassured the public of its safety commitment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCdDgOkF6s

1 Like

Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by Idens: 7:38am On Apr 24
Glory to God Almighty who made it possible. The entire nation would've been mourning by now

1 Like

Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by Nazgul: 7:55am On Apr 24
It still baffles me how people still feel comfortable booking this particular airline. Very useless airline that terminated so many lives in the past and has had so many near misses in the last few years.

If you look carefully you'll notice that the nose gear is gone, probably got damaged. That's what caused the accident.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by folake4u(f): 1:35pm On Apr 24
Nazgul:
It still baffles me how people still feel comfortable booking this particular airline. Very useless airline that terminated so many lives in the past and has had so many near misses in the last few years.

If you look carefully you'll notice that the nose gear is gone, probably got damaged. That's what caused the accident.

@the bolded

Wahalur! I used Dana Air for one of my trips late last year and didn't have any issues though.

1 Like

Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by Nazgul: 9:51pm On Apr 24
folake4u:
@the bolded

Wahalur! I used Dana Air for one of my trips late last year and didn't have any issues though.
If you value your life, better stay away from that airline cos they're always in the news for the wrong reasons. From flight delays to faulty airlines, last year they had to reverse an Abuja bound flight from Lagos midway cos it developed a fault.

Their planes are old and worn out, that's why they're always developing faults.

If you're trying to avoid Air peace because of their high fare, there are a handful of airline companies with new aircrafts like Ibom Air, Green Africa, United Nigeria...etc. That would take you to your destination in one piece.

In 2022 when Air peace were charging about 80k for their Enugu fight, I entered Green Africa 50k to Enugu...The plane was very new and clean. I enjoyed my flight. It's much better than entering that flying coffin called Dana.

1 Like

Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by folake4u(f): 10:35pm On Apr 24
Nazgul:

If you value your life, better stay away from that airline cos they're always in the news for the wrong reasons. From flight delays to faulty airlines, last year they had to reverse an Abuja bound flight from Lagos midway cos it developed a fault.

Their planes are old and worn out, that's why they're always developing faults.

If you're trying to avoid Air peace because of their high fare, there are a handful of airline companies with new aircrafts like Ibom Air, Green Africa, United Nigeria...etc. That would take you to your destination in one piece.

In 2022 when Air peace were charging about 80k for their Enugu fight, I entered Green Africa 50k to Enugu...The plane was very new and clean. I enjoyed my flight. It's much better than entering that flying coffin called Dana.

Yes Sir!

I've also used Max Air and other airlines.

Lol. I avoid local Airpeace because of their delay in flights. Those people are something else.

1 Like

Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by Nazgul: 11:25pm On Apr 24
folake4u:
Yes Sir!

I've also used Max Air and other airlines.

Lol. I avoid local Airpeace because of their delay in flights. Those people are something else.
I've heard about Max Air. They seem good too but they don't fly my route (Enugu) that's why I've never boarded them before. They cover the North. Abuja, Kano, Kaduna...

I'm only conversant with airlines that fly my route like the ones I mentioned on my previous post.

As for Air Peace, I don't avoid them because of their delays, I avoid them because of their price. Cos when I compare them to the other airlines flying my route, they end up being the most expensive. This is what makes me discard them.

1 Like

Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by folake4u(f): 6:59am On Apr 25
Nazgul:

I've heard about Max Air. They seem good too but they don't fly my route (Enugu) that's why I've never boarded them before. They cover the North. Abuja, Kano, Kaduna...

I'm only conversant with airlines that fly my route like the ones I mentioned on my previous post.

As for Air Peace, I don't avoid them because of their delays, I avoid them because of their price. Cos when I compare them to the other airlines flying my route, they end up being the most expensive. This is what makes me discard them.

Yes. Max Air is good. Tested and trusted.

Asides North, they fly other routes like Portharcourt, Asaba, Owerri. Unfortunately, no Enugu.

Well, it's that their delayed flights that is my red flag and they're so non-chalant about it. I hope they maintain standard in their international flights sha.

Hahaha. Ibom Air is also expensive. Have you noticed it?
Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by Nazgul: 7:49am On Apr 25
folake4u:
Yes. Max Air is good. Tested and trusted.

Asides North, they fly other routes like Portharcourt, Asaba, Owerri. Unfortunately, no Enugu.
Most of those northern owned flights don't reach Enugu, both Max, Rano and the likes. I don't know why.

folake4u:

Well, it's that their delayed flights that is my red flag and they're so non-chalant about it. I hope they maintain standard in their international flights sha.

Hahaha. Ibom Air is also expensive. Have you noticed it?
Funny enough, I've never experienced their delayed flight before.

I'm guessing it might be their afternoon flights that gets delayed most of the time. Their 7am flight is usually on time, they have never disappointed me. And I'm a lover of 7am flights.
Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by folake4u(f): 11:47am On Apr 25
Nazgul:

Most of those northern owned flights don't reach Enugu, both Max, Rano and the likes. I don't know why.

Funny enough, I've never experienced their delayed flight before.

I'm guessing it might be their afternoon flights that gets delayed most of the time. Their 7am flight is usually on time, they have never disappointed me. And I'm a lover of 7am flights.

Maybe they feel there'd be low patronage to that state and it won't be profitable for them. I don't know sha, just guessing.

Yes, their morning flight is usually on time though.

You're lucky you've not experienced Airpeace delayed flights. Very frustrating something.
Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by GloriousGbola: 11:52am On Apr 25
folake4u:

Maybe they feel there'd be low patronage to that state and it won't be profitable for them. I don't know sha, just guessing.

You're lucky you've not experienced Airpeace delayed flights. Very frustrating something.

my experience is that if you are planning your trip, air peace is far more organized

as in you go online and book the flight and pay

i had a kano trip one time and i decided air peace cost too much. max air and another airline effectively used the same person to build their website. and the same online payment solution. an unweildy mess that charged me and did not issue a ticket

the way air peace works on price is if you book a week ahead it is cheaper. the others have some algorithm in their website that claims seats are sold out or close to being sold out. that was my experience when i had a project in kano and was travelling to kano once a month.
Re: Dana Aircraft Crashlands In Lagos On 23/4/2024. 83 Passengers And Crew Safe. by Nazgul: 1:29pm On Apr 25
folake4u:
Enugu airport is the busiest airport in the South East. It's not an issue of low patronage. I believe it's an issue of tribe. If you're a billionaire and you open an airline company, you'll cover your geopolitical zone along with similar zones before considering other zones. That's the normal thing in Nigeria.

folake4u:
Yea. They're usually on time.

Another reason why I feel afternoon flights are usually delayed is that in most cases the aircraft might have completed up to 4 flights that day before your boarding time. So the captain can request for timeout (like we saw in the last Air peace issue where there was no pilot) or the plane might develop a minor fault which might delay the flight by some hours)

If you study most local aircraft crashes in Nigeria, they're usually from mid-morning to afternoon flights. The aircraft would have completed more than 2 flights that day because developing fault. No morning flight has ever crashed.

Morning (first flight) remains the best.

folake4u:
Lol...I don't pray to experience it biko. And besides of recent I've kept Air peace on hold due to their high cost. Maybe when their fares come down I'll come back to them.

(1) (Reply)

6.25 KVA Petrol Generator For Sale. / The Best Of Interlocking Stone In Nigeria / Buy Your Properties, Investments Is The Key,properties Banking Is The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.