Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Minister Says Underage Kids Are The Ones Wrecking Havoc In Universities - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Minister Says Underage Kids Are The Ones Wrecking Havoc In Universities (205 Views)

Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / My Wife Is Pregnant Again And Our Kids Are Only 1 And 2 / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Says Underage Kids Are The Ones Wrecking Havoc In Universities by TransformationC: 11:33am On Apr 24
In a recent development, the Minister of Education, Prof. Tahir Mamman, has indicated that the Federal Government is contemplating raising the entry age for admission into universities and other tertiary institutions to 18 years old. This proposal comes amidst concerns over the challenges faced by younger students in higher education.

During the monitoring of the ongoing Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in Abuja, Mamman highlighted the issue of underage students, suggesting that they may lack the maturity required to manage university life effectively. He urged parents to avoid pushing their children excessively, allowing them time to develop the necessary maturity before pursuing higher education.

Mamman commended the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for its use of technology in conducting examinations, which has significantly reduced instances of malpractice. He noted that only a minimal number of cases were reported out of the large pool of candidates.

Addressing the challenge of limited slots available in tertiary institutions compared to the high number of candidates seeking admission, Mamman emphasized the importance of skills acquisition in preparing youths for the future. He stressed that acquiring skills from an early age would empower students, even if they did not proceed to tertiary education, ensuring they could lead meaningful lives and contribute positively to society.

The Minister of State for Education, Dr. Tanko Sununu, also praised JAMB's management for maintaining high standards in the examination process. He highlighted the objectivity and reliability of results, as well as the measures implemented to prevent malpractice during the exam.

Overall, the government's focus appears to be on ensuring that students are adequately prepared for both academic and practical challenges, with an emphasis on acquiring essential skills for success in various fields.

Re: Minister Says Underage Kids Are The Ones Wrecking Havoc In Universities by michlins(m): 11:54am On Apr 24
If my pikin no reach twenty years, he's not going to any university.

Before you rush enter me,hear my reasons. First, I'm not of upper middle class of Nigeria. I know how difficult it is to survive out there so I want to prepare my kids before university life.

Instead of them rushing to university to study home economics and all those zoology and stupid courses they offer people,he will rather take his time to get his desired course that will prepare him for what is to come.

During that time,he or she will learn a very good skill (digital or otherwise) and then the university education will be to help them grow the skills they have acquired.

The major cause of unemployment currently is the fact that the employee have zero idea of what they want to do so firms are retaining their old staff instead of retiring them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Says Underage Kids Are The Ones Wrecking Havoc In Universities by LordIsaac(m): 11:58am On Apr 24
The minister is a grounded scholar, his submission might be a product of research.
Re: Minister Says Underage Kids Are The Ones Wrecking Havoc In Universities by Creamypie(m): 6:03pm On Apr 24
Very nice. Now, u see 19 year old graduates
Re: Minister Says Underage Kids Are The Ones Wrecking Havoc In Universities by Caramia2020(m): 12:56pm On Apr 25
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Properties, Investments Is The Key,properties Banking Is The Way / How Best Can The Needy Children Be Helped? / For Our Mission Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.