Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention (27749 Views)

Whatsapp Voice Note Is The Best Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 7:31pm On Apr 24
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Namaster: 7:41pm On Apr 24
I hate that shiit like shiit.

Some people are so STUPID that they'll send you a VN from inside a party venue. Really grinds my gears.

Like if I wanted to hear your frog voice, I'd give you a call. But I don't and that's why I'm texting you.

Whenever someone does that NONSENSE with me, I warn them IMMEDIATELY to never send me a VN. If they persist, I block them and delete their number.

Thought I was the only one that dislikes that shiit.

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by dominique(f): 7:43pm On Apr 24
I thought it was only me that thing annoys grin

It's not a bad invention, it's the way Nigerians use it that is very annoying.

189 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 8:35pm On Apr 24
Namaster:
I hate that shiit like shiit.

Some people are so STUPID that they'll send you a VN from inside a party venue. Really grinds my gears.

Like if I wanted to hear your frog voice, I'd give you a call. But I don't and that's why I'm texting you.

Whenever someone does that NONSENSE with me, I warn them IMMEDIATELY to never send me a VN. If they persist, I block them and delete their number.

Thought I was the only one that dislikes that shiit.
Omoh, I tried to be understanding but truthfully I just dislike unexpected VN; like you said, I would have just put a call across to you. Very annoying something.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Caleb15(m): 8:37pm On Apr 24
Frog voice

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 8:37pm On Apr 24
dominique:

Bad wording dear, but that stuff is so annoying; it requires a different organ, what makes you think I want to stress myself to answer you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 8:41pm On Apr 24
Caleb15:
Frog voice
Very annoying voices, I literally cringe listening to a voicenote this morning.

I listen to that VN more than 4 times without being able to comprehend and reply and I was at a busy/noisy spot. I haven't reply self upto now, would do that this night before sleeping or tomorrow morning.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Caleb15(m): 8:46pm On Apr 24
RickyJesus:

Very annoying voices, I literally cringe listening to a voicenote this morning.

I listen to that VN more than 4 times without being able to comprehend and reply and I was at a busy/noisy spot. I haven't reply self upto now, would that this night before sleeping or tomorrow morning.

I guess that was why AirPods were invented, Nigeria is stressed for someone to be stressing me on VN

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by SPF247(m): 8:59pm On Apr 24
dominique:

Me too angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by buharibanjo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 24
🤔
Una just de Yab una people voice
Na to de do VN with artistes na lol
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by OnionBandit(f): 9:18pm On Apr 24
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!

302 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by BigDickProblems: 9:31pm On Apr 24
Op and his proponents should all getat!

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Mercury12(m): 10:18pm On Apr 24
Una wahala too much. Voice note is just another way of communication.

223 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Ade1177: 10:21pm On Apr 24
Mercury12:
People are rude actually then turn around and call the other person unserious

Imagine running a business
And someone just sends you a voicenote while you're trying to reply other msgs

The most annoying is

WhatsApp call from someone you don't know
People just believe they have access to anyone and no need to ask for permission

27 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by alphaNomega: 10:33pm On Apr 24
vn is great when you have too much to type and don't feel like

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 10:54pm On Apr 24
Mercury12:
You don't get it clearly.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Felabrity: 10:55pm On Apr 24
Imagine you got kidnapped, you texted someone and the werey is sending VN

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 10:58pm On Apr 24
Ade1177:

People are rude actually then turn around and call the other person unserious

Imagine running a business
And someone just sends you a voicenote while you're trying to reply other msgs

The most annoying is

WhatsApp call from someone you don't know
People just believe they have access to anyone and no need to ask for permission
I don't want to even start about the WhatsApp call self, I can only pick WhatsApp call from very few people.

Others you have to take permission so that we schedule a call. Lot of annoying people out there that don't know the meaning of boundary.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 11:01pm On Apr 24
alphaNomega:
vn is great when you have too much to type and don't feel like
Understandable, but that is why you learnt summary in school.

The annoying part of VN is that it's selfish, do you care to think if the person is in a space where he could easily listen to VN and reply ASAP?

As long as the person didn't start the chat with VN, it is idiotic to reply with it.

25 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by alphaNomega: 11:07pm On Apr 24
RickyJesus:

The annoying part of VN is that it's selfish, do you care to think of the person is in a space where he could easily listen to VN and reply ASAP?

As long as the person didn't start the chat with VN, it is idiotic to reply with it.

don't stress yourself about vn. if you cannot respond immediately, you cannot respond immediately.

you can type as much as you want

besides, not everyone has the same "amount of time" you have to type 300 lines of text on whatsapp

that means even you, complaining about vn, are being selfish.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 11:10pm On Apr 24
alphaNomega:

don't stress yourself about vn. if you cannot respond immediately, you cannot respond immediately.

You don't get it bro, it's all good.

alphaNomega:

besides, not everyone has the same "amount of time" you have to type 300 lines of text on whatsapp

that means even you, complaining about vn, are being selfish.
You even have to modify to end some jargons, when I thought you are being reasonable. My guy just fvck off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by babzlim(m): 12:01am On Apr 25
my broda, naija like wahala too much
I love my voice note you love your type abeg do watin work for u make I do watin work for me.

every social media or chat app has it so use it, If u can't let people that needs it use it and stop the mumu shakara wa no make sense.

chai this country na shit hole 🕳 no be lie.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by babzlim(m): 12:06am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

The annoying part of VN is that it's selfish, do you care to think of the person is in a space where he could easily listen to VN and reply ASAP?

Oga simply type and let the person know whatsoever reasons you cant reply, listen and reply later.

most everyone type, oga type full speech if you want🗨 not every word you have to summarise.

like a friend will say, no be every word them dey type ... if u want make person feel u talk am as e be.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 12:13am On Apr 25
babzlim:

Oga simply type and let the person know whatsoever reasons you cant reply, listen and reply later.

most everyone type, oga type full speech if you want🗨 not every word you have to summarise.

like a friend will say, no be every word them dey type ... if u want make person feel u talk am as e be.
I like your enthusiasm but I right now my bro I can't deal with dull people.

You don't understand the crux of the matter but you decided to give your opinion anyway, can't stress myself right now explaining what a dumbass you are. So let's just say you are right to prevent any further back and forth.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by AcadaWriter: 12:14am On Apr 25
Frog voice
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by JasonNOTStatham: 2:38am On Apr 25
I like typing and prefer users responding on VN. Feels natural

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by babzlim(m): 3:07am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

I like your enthusiasm but I right now my bro I can't deal with dull people.

You don't understand the cruise of the matter but you decided to give your opinion anyway, can't stress myself right now explaining what a dumbass you are. So let's just say you are right to prevent and further back and forth.

you be serious Okpe
na English make you mumu so
no wahala continue your typing speech.

23 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by MaziX(m): 5:57am On Apr 25
BigDickProblems:
Op and his proponents should all getat!
them no get sense lol.. vert bitter pple

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by pricemond1: 6:23am On Apr 25
As for me, I prefer VN than typing, you typed because it's the best way for you to communicate. Am just too lazy at typing, so it's not intentional
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your chat and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.

16 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Gadafii: 6:46am On Apr 25
Actually I would rather type that shit out that use voice notes on Whatsapp, however people have preference and adapt to what's convenience to them, How ever I recently came to realize that using voice not to explain or give instruction, direction, etc is more effective than typing it out, it saves time and easier than typing long words.

Despite this, I found my voice very croaked and hoarse, worse than davido sef over voice note, so I barely do voice note

Meanwhile I know people that have become used to voice note, to even reply with "ok I will call you" Dem go use VN, it can be annoying tho

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Macmilla(m): 7:07am On Apr 25
What a waste of time.
All of you are not serious. The fact is that anything you chose to chat with me about is not that important and is definitely not urgent. If it were urgent, you will call me. So it means it can wait. That is for those that will cry I took 1hr to respond.
As for how I respond it is my business. If I chat you and you have a lot to say to me, please by all means use a voice note. I really want you to say all you have to say and not give me some shitty summary just because you can't type long. If I can't listen to it, then like I said earlier, it can wait. In our self righteousness, we have forgotten that speech is a much better communication tool that text. The tone of your voice can communicate your feelings and mindset, those things you can not type. There are a lot of things that can be misinterpreted when typed but when said, the intended meaning can not be mistaken.
What would you chose? For someone to type "I lv u", or for the same person to record a voice note saying "I love you" in a romantic way. I will definitely choose the later.
So all of you complaining about VN should rest. If you want formal communication, then call. If you choose the informal route, then let the other person choose how he wants it. It must not be your way.
As for the voice noters, try to understand that the dude chatting you up could be lazying around and bored and just needs the chat to while away time. So he wants the chat to be long and if you use VN, you would be cutting the chat short and he doesn't want that. So indulge him if you can.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Nairalander248: 7:21am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your chat and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

Why send me voice note, I go come play am, come do voice note and respond when you can just do voice call and say what you want to say

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC / Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Vs Huawei Y9 2019 Speed Test & RAM Management (photos) / Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.