Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks (941 Views)

Glo, NTEL Customers To Be Cut Off From Calling Other Networks In Eight Days / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by adamusuleiman1: 9:14pm On Apr 24
Telecommunications giant, MTN, has recorded the highest number of subscribers porting out of its network since inception to December 2022.

This is according to the Nigerian Communications Commission in its newly published 2022 Subscriber/Network Data Annual Report.

The report represents the analysis of the Subscriber and Service Data – Porting Trend in Nigeria, from May 2013 to December 2022.

The analysis revealed that of the four major GSM operators in the country, 444,226 subscribers ported out of MTN to other network providers, as against Airtel, Glo and EMTS that respectively recorded 351,422; 277,527; and 190,724 customers porting out.

The analysis also revealed that EMTS recorded 676,944 port-ins, representing the highest number of subscribers porting into its network, followed by AIRTEL with 331,837; MTN with 181,301; and Glo with 105,746 port-ins.

A segment of the report titled, ‘C. subscriber & service data – porting trend in Nigeria as at December 2022’, highlighted the number of GSM porting activities across the four major network providers in the country.

It read, “Table 14 below shows the trend of Nigeria’s porting activities from inception (May, 2013 to December, 2022) for the four (4) major GSM Operators. The analysis illustrates that EMTS had the highest count of Port-in subscribers [676,944] while Airtel, MTN and Glo respectively recorded the following counts of port-in as follows [331,837]; [181,301] & [105,746].”

“Similarly, our analysis from May, 2013 to December, 2022, reveals that MTN had the highest number of subscribers that ported-out [444,226] to other networks while Airtel, Glo & EMTS are as follows [351,422]; [277,527] & [190,742] respectively.”

Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by Hezzyluv: 9:16pm On Apr 24
444,000 people porting out of MTN network no be small lose ooo. If them dey recharge average of #100 per day by these customers, na huge lose to MTN.

Anyway, them don make their money and they still remain the telecommunication with highest number of customers 4 9ja.

Meanwhile, I don even 4get sey Etisalat dey exist sef. We would recharge #100 and they will give us free 10mb for 2go those days. grin

2 Likes

Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by aylive02(m): 9:17pm On Apr 24
grin

E no go better for them. Na DSTV remain to feel the heat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by okosodo: 9:18pm On Apr 24
Na them get plenty customers pass na
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by immortalcrown(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24
MTN is still the leading telecommunications company in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by westlius(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24
aylive02:
grin

E no go better for them. Na DSTV remain to feel the heat.
Make senate or minister for communication just ban dem
Dollar high dem increase price
Dollar drop dem increase price
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by DevilsEqual(m): 10:14pm On Apr 24
Where are they porting to?
Cause it's nonsensical to port from MTN to the unserious Glo, unstable Airtel or that Arab Creation 9mobile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by beryledibor: 10:22pm On Apr 24
676,944 in 444,226 out. They make gains of 232,718.

DevilsEqual:
Where are they porting to?
Cause it's nonsensical to port from MTN to the unserious Glo, unstable Airtel or that Arab Creation 9mobile

MTN does not cover all places, if you relocate, you gotta port to network stronger in the area.
That's why GLO is still in the market, they are in rural areas that MTN no dey.
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by Matheusmartin: 11:49pm On Apr 24
Mtn offers better deal and stronger network than others..

I nor see wetin go make me port from mtn..
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by SuperOnyi: 1:01am On Apr 25
shocked

My internet subscription are been sucked recklessly that I'm forced to ask myself what exactly I saw in MTN that all my sim cards are their products. The 5.5 gigabyte I transferred to my router got sucked in less than 24 hours, I was so shocked I had to confirm if someone was using it to watch videos of nàaked men and women on the internet.
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by Yankee101: 3:11am On Apr 25
Respect your customers
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by Ekaette1621990: 9:12am On Apr 25
I thought op said MTN rice😂😂😂😂😂

Anyway I laugh in Swahili 😂😂
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by Tombrown3(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25
Their problem started after introducing the "your first call of the day must be charge from your main account, before your bonus account"

Lots of people were on Better Talk cause of how cheap it was amongst the rest. We payback our dept while we use the bonus to make emergency calls.

How can one recharge 1k, but because he or she owes extra 5h, they won't make call?

Naija are very economical, they will rather recharge a line they can make calls immediately with, guess what, Airtel and Glo will give you bonus for calls on each recharge while taking the money recharged to pay off your dept.

I told a friend when the policy started, that MTN will lose customers or more so, have low patronage because of it.

It's been over 1 year I recharged my MTN line, even though it's my main line.

A line that I always recharge twice daily had gone 1 full year with no airtime. If that is not them losing a customer, then what?

I've hardly gone anywhere without Airtel having stronger or equal network strength to that of MTN, so they became my favorite network.

I spend more than 10k weekly on the line. That's the lose MTN with their over restrictionsal policy made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by jmoore(m): 8:48pm On Apr 25
SuperOnyi:

My internet subscription are been sucked recklessly that I'm forced to ask myself what exactly I saw in MTN that all my sim cards are their products. The 5.5 gigabyte I transferred to my router got sucked in less than 24 hours, I was so shocked I had to confirm if someone was using it to watch videos of nàaked men and women on the internet.
Your smartphone and windows 10 are designed to suck data.

Not the fault of MTN.
Re: MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks by jmoore(m): 8:52pm On Apr 25
beryledibor:
676,944 in 444,226 out. They make gains of 232,718.

EMTS is 9mobile. 9mobile is the one with 600k plus port in.

(1) (Reply)

Download Into Ringtones Within Festac / What Will Be The Future Of Mobile Communication? / Resize Java Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.