Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,963 members, 7,841,698 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped (47341 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / El Chapo Final Journey To Colorado Prison Where He'll Serve Life Sentence(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by thesicilian: 1:47pm On Apr 25
Any human being harboured in this kind of place deserves to escape

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Emmanuel30a: 1:48pm On Apr 25
Emmanuel30a:
Omo, my dear no dey hear... Those who no get ear no dey hear, those who no dey hear; because dey no get ear, no be my dear... My dear, when wud u knows dat seer is different from overseer?My dear, u no dey fear?As u no dey hear&bin dey do like sum1 who no get ear...Naso I go dey tear u from d rear...U eye
Go soon clear...Leah, ur eye go soon clear, u dey take beer; u no gives me money wey I go take buy deer?&you won dey calls me dear...? U go dey see me here&there... U no dey hear...? Here and there, I go dey tear ur ears from the rear...
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by karmaolu1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25
we call this freedom of escape grin grin
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Solababa91(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25
Where are the police warder who are to secure the yard? I'm beginning to think it's a planned work for one or two of the high ranked inmate to escape.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by MILLERMannn: 2:25pm On Apr 25
youngrichnigga:
Does it mean there were no guards present when this happened or how were the prisoners able to to break through a wall to escape seeing that the window burglaries are still intact sad sad angry angry
You are highly intelligent and no one seems to comment on that to show you how foolish Nigerians are.
How do they break their respective cell since it will be locked?
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by idahme(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25
stacyadams:
I can't eat in such a disgusting environment

Are you better than those eating there? grin don't just commit crime cheesy you must eat grin
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by millionboi(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nothing like freedom sha

You nor know wetin you dey enjoy as a freeman
Untill you find yourself inside one of these jail

Abuja people should be careful

Because the last time I visited Abuja I decided to move around na one man come tell me say I don enter Niger state
So which means abuja is very close to Niger state and those criminals go easily enter Abuja
Zuba and madilla joined together after it is suleja, very close.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by idahme(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25
bassdow:

if successfully done, they could migrate to a larger city and live a normal life.

When them find you for one month it is over since you are not high profile person
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by idahme(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25
Padipadi:
U go fear prison. Looking at these buildings alone is torture
Nija prison na hell

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by treatise: 2:36pm On Apr 25
GistMedia0:
Here are the photos of Decimated Niger Prison where 118 Inmates Escaped

https://www.nairaland.com/8072577/over-100-inmates-escape-rain

A heavy rainstorm at the Medium Security Custodial Centre in Suleja, Niger State, led to significant damage to the facility and enabled 118 inmates to escape on Wednesday night. The Federal Capital Territory Command of the Nigerian Correctional Service confirmed the incident, attributing the escape to the damage caused by the storm, which included a breach in the perimeter fence. Ten of the escaped inmates have been recaptured through collaboration with security agencies, while efforts to find the others are ongoing.
Was this a prison or a warehouse ?
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Kingslayr: 2:49pm On Apr 25
Gy
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Iamicekid(m): 2:55pm On Apr 25
tiswell:
na warders' barracks/quarter's.
It's govt owned

Oh okay
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Kingslayr: 2:59pm On Apr 25
Iamicekid:
9ja sef… but who are this people building houses right beside prisons unna no dey fear
The chiefs emir palace is just besides the prison itself is surrounded by both old and modern houses and shops, and even the famous suleja IBB market is just within a very short trek able distance from the prison, so the prison is located in the very heart of suleja town, I know all this because that's where I reside

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Iamicekid(m): 3:04pm On Apr 25
Kingslayr:

The chiefs emir palace is just besides the prison itself is surrounded by both old and modern houses and shops, and even the famous suleja IBB market is just within a very short trek able distance from the prison, so the prison is located in the very heart of suleja town, I know all this because that's where I reside

Hmm that’s bad, prison’s are supposed to be situated outside commercial areas
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by ufotunang: 3:23pm On Apr 25
Look at the deteriorating condition of the building...since this building was built...no repairs, rehabilitation and upgrading and maintenance of the building have been done
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by 99thEnemy(m): 3:26pm On Apr 25
stacyadams:
Nutritious super hydrated beans grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Love800(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25
What do you mean by pillars? They already built fence there!
bassdow:
so they BUILT such a HIGH walled FENCE with no form of support e.g Pillars
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by aestake: 3:36pm On Apr 25
amnesty7:

Then be a good citizen and avoid crimes.
Like the president.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by aestake: 3:39pm On Apr 25
dangermouse:
Better to escape than be drowned Abeg

Nigerian prisons are what it is, prisons.

High time they build built real correctional centres where inmates can be rehabilitated for good and reintroduced into the society instead of all these hell
Holes we call correctional centres where a convict is more hardened upon release to become a bigger menace to the society.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by HisXLNC1: 3:43pm On Apr 25
amnesty7:

Then be a good citizen and avoid crimes.
Na everybody wey go prison be criminal? Some wey dey prison no get anything to do with crime their entire life. Some na just miscarriage of justice.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by BiGVEEN58(m): 3:46pm On Apr 25
Paul and Silas have done it again. grin
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by lomprico(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25
stacyadams:

Then, don't fall into crime
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Idaytesj29(m): 4:08pm On Apr 25
immortalcrown:
Imagine the dangers the escaped inmates will constitute in the society now.

Look at the standard of the prison. Prison is meant to be a rehabilitation centre. But Nigerian standard of prisons harden inmates. Majority of those that leave Nigerian prisons become harder criminals.

If they vote big money for Correctional Service now, you will he the first to kick and say may be they want to eat the money.

But our Prison system needs total rebuild up modern standard. If you see the vehicles they use in conveying inmates to court, you will cry for this country.

People should just stay out of crime.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Idaytesj29(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25
HisXLNC1:

Na everybody wey go prison be criminal? Some wey dey prison no get anything to do with crime their entire life. Some na just miscarriage of justice.

Yes, I agree. But the miscarriage of justice accounts for less than 0.5% of the prison population.

You forget how crime rate spiked up within 12 ours of the jail break in Benin prison during COVID period.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by immortalcrown(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25
Idaytesj29:

If they vote big money for Correctional Service now, you will he the first to kick and say may be they want to eat the money.

But our Prison system needs total rebuild up modern standard. If you see the vehicles they use in conveying inmates to court, you will cry for this country.

People should just stay out of crime.
How much is allocated to them yearly?

What is the cost of a standard correctional centre and how much was used to build and maintain this collapsed one?

Answer these two questions.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Exceed15: 5:00pm On Apr 25
Giant of Africa my foot.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by zudozz: 5:19pm On Apr 25
GistMedia0:
Here are the photos of Decimated Niger Prison where 118 Inmates Escaped

https://www.nairaland.com/8072577/over-100-inmates-escape-rain

A heavy rainstorm at the Medium Security Custodial Centre in Suleja, Niger State, led to significant damage to the facility and enabled 118 inmates to escape on Wednesday night. The Federal Capital Territory Command of the Nigerian Correctional Service confirmed the incident, attributing the escape to the damage caused by the storm, which included a breach in the perimeter fence. Ten of the escaped inmates have been recaptured through collaboration with security agencies, while efforts to find the others are ongoing.

But Prison warders dey dey very wicked ooh!

If you visit prison ur heart go break for your fellow human being.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Idaytesj29(m): 8:42pm On Apr 25
immortalcrown:
How much is allocated to them yearly?

What is the cost of a standard correctional centre and how much was used to build and maintain this collapsed one?

Answer these two questions.

Less than 80 billion naira the last time I tried to find out things years ago, and most of it goes into inmates feeding according to the sources. Capital projects does not get voted much money.

A well fortified modern prison depending on capacity can easily reach a billion naira, take for instance the Janguza Prison in Kano.

I had to abandoned my research when access to info becomes difficult
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by immortalcrown(m): 8:45pm On Apr 25
Idaytesj29:

Less than 80 billion naira the last time I tried to find out things years ago, and most of it goes into inmates feeding according to the sources. Capital projects does not get voted much money.

A well fortified modern prison depending on capacity can easily reach a billion naira, take for instance the Janguza Prison in Kano.

I had to abandoned my research when access to info becomes difficult
Until you get the cost of the collapsed prison, you have no fact against me.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by Idaytesj29(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25
immortalcrown:
Until you get the cost of the collapsed prison, you have no fact against me.

Oh it's me against you?

I thought we are discussing.

Sorry, I am not up for that.
Re: Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped by baretalk: 9:11pm On Apr 25
Nigeria is rich enough to have decent correctional centres. That rehabilitate people. Clean place, sane, with decent meals and educational a d training schemes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wisdom Joseph On The Run After Strangling His Wife To Death In Abuja (Photos) / Ogun Motorist Bashes Car, Kills Owner For Complaining / Italy Arrests Nigeria’s ‘Rambo’ For Torturing, Killing Migrants In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.