Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge (1858 Views)

Popular Obi Promoter Who Claims To Be A Woman On Twitter Actually A Man-segalink / Peter Obi's Supporter Displays Gun, Threatens Whoever Votes Tinubu, Atiku / Peter Obi's Supporter Rocks 'Peter Obi' Haircut (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:14pm On Apr 30
This guy here is a popular supporter of Peter Obi. this statement below was made on a thread where Peter Obi condemned the relevance of the coastal road.

This guy here while trying to make his point and support their oga, questioned what the economic benefit of the third mainland bride is?

It is important for people who think they are being fairminded to know the kind of people they are dealing with. Why they may pretend to be using logic, but the real motive behind their actions is pure hatred.

Give them news like APC steal 15 trillion they will be happy, but now that the news about a possible 15trillion being invested in a massive project like the coastal road, their main oga has been tweeting up and down, while the foot soldiers like this one are everywhere trying to gaslight people to hate the project.

mrvitalis:

And what is the economic benefits of 3rd mainland bridge?

A simple fairy system that can carry people and car would do and generate billions

All you APC people know is to build worthless projects that u can brag with, that's all

For you that's governance

GDP growth, HDI and other relevant development stats means nothing to you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by helinues: 6:16pm On Apr 30
Abeg ignore that guy

Reasonable number of them dey chew hypocrisy raw

https://www.nairaland.com/3773717/hypocrisy-peter-obi

21 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30
9jatriot:
This guy here is a popular supporter of Peter Obi. this statement below was made on a thread on a thread where Peter Obi condemned the relevance of the coastal road.
This guy here while trying to make his point and support their oga, questioned what the economic benefit of the third mainland bride is?

It is important for people who think they are being fairminded to know the kind of people they are dealing with. Why they may pretend to be using logic, but the real motive behind their actions is pure hatred.

Give them news like APC steal 15 trillion they will be happy, but now that the news about a possible 15trillion been invested in a massive project like this, their main oga has been tweeting up and down, while the foot soldiers like this one are everywhere trying to gaslight people to hate the project.

You said plenty thing and said nothing... What exactly is the economic benefit of 3rd mainland bridge

It has zero economic benefits as it doesn't generate revenue

Is it a bad project no... But it's a feel good projects my only issues with feel good projects are when they are build in period of economic hardship or built with borrowed funds

You empty guys just shout and make zero point

Note ;- it's obvious most of you guys quoting me don't even know what economic benefits means... So far no body have been able to name one economic benefits of the 3rd mainland bridge or even second niger bridge

Those are feel good projects
are they good yes
are they important yes

But should never be built on borrowed funds
Should never be built when economy is not growing

Below is a picture explaining economic benefits

7 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30
What can mere men do against such senseless hate. --- Theoden, king of Rohan

mrvitalis:

You said plenty thing and said nothing... What exactly is the economic benefit of 3rd mainland bridge

Is it a bad project no... But it's a feel good projects my only issues with feel good projects are when they are build in period of economic hardship or built with borrowed funds

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 6:27pm On Apr 30
mrvitalis:

Oga, if you know what Nigerians faced before they completed this bridge, you wouldn't say it was a feel good project..
You may not know anyway because there was no Internet then.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30
9jatriot:
What can mere men do against such senseless hate. --- Theoden, king of Rohan

Typical running away from the argument because u have nothing to say

3 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30
Jogs1900:

Oga, if you know what Nigerians faced before they completed this bridge, you wouldn't say it was a feel good project..
Did you have ferry then?

Fairy is use around the world

You drive your car in, sit and move then u drive out

Yes the bridge is good but if it was built with borrowed money or a period of economic downturn it was a bad decisions

That is my point

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by OPICANTO2223: 6:35pm On Apr 30
This author may be the Michael chibuzo. Afunjarians and hypocrisy eeeeeeeeh

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30
Yes I have nothing to say to a minimalist like his oga who thinks that 3rd main is not useful that we should be using canoes or ferries instead.

Where in the name of whoever you believe will I start the argument with you? Ferry fairy vs bridge

mrvitalis:

Typical running away from the argument because u have nothing to say

7 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by naptu2: 6:35pm On Apr 30
mrvitalis:

Did you have fairly then?

Yes the bridge is good but if it was built with borrowed money or a period of economic downturn it was a bad decisions

That is my point

A fairy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 6:36pm On Apr 30
mrvitalis:

Reduction of travel time from 6 hours from Lagos island to Lagos mainland to just 30 minutes...
What can you say about this?
It's the busiest road in Nigeria..Any objection?

3 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:38pm On Apr 30
It is the level of their thinking that frightens me.

Please I do not even believe trying to discuss the relevance of 3rd mainland bridge is necessary. I suggest you do not bother....

They used to say, when it is raining, you do not need to tell a blind man, but this his argument off me abeg

Jogs1900:

Reduction of travel time from 6 hours from Lagos island to Lagos mainland to just 30 minutes...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30
Jogs1900:

What exactly are u showing me this for
I am not against building bridges and roads nope

I am against building them when the economy is dying or using borrowed funds to do that

My argument is this, in the present economic situation like we have now we don't need something like this,you have 2 other bridges

And we can have fairly industry that can carry 1 million cars per day , create multiple jobs, and generate billions

Focus now should be revenue generation increase and GDP growth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 6:40pm On Apr 30
naptu2:

A fairy.
Mistake ferry
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30
9jatriot:
Yes I have nothing to say to a minimalist like his oga who thinks that 3rd main is not useful that we should be using canoes or ferries instead.

Where in the name of whoever you believe will I start the argument with you? Ferry fairy vs bridge

Never said it not useful.. I said projects like that should never be down when your economy is struggling like we are now or done with borrowed funds

Is that too difficult for you to understand?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 6:42pm On Apr 30
9jatriot:

Please I do not even believe trying to discuss the relevance of 3rd mainland bridge is necessary. I suggest you do not bother....

They used to say, when it is raining, you do not need to tell a blind man, but this his argument off me abeg

With this level of reasoning, na ferry we suppose dey enter from Ojota to Maryland or from Costain to CMS?

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by loffyloffy: 6:43pm On Apr 30
mrvitalis:

That is my point
So you'd rather ferry the millions of people that cross the third mainland bridge daily so that the government can make money.

When we talk about economic benefit, we're not talking about making money. We're talking about the changes and impact on the economy that the project provides.

Let's even go with your ferry idea. How big would it have to be to carry the volume of people on the third mainland bridge daily? What would the traffic gridlock all over Lagos look like without that bridge?

8 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:45pm On Apr 30
It is like you do not understand these people. If you suggest ferry, they will ask you what is the relevance of ferry when you can use ordinary canoe.

God forbid...
Jogs1900:

With this level of reasoning, na ferry we suppose dey enter from Ojota to Maryland or from Costain to CMS?

5 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 6:45pm On Apr 30
mrvitalis:

What exactly are u showing me this for
I am not against building bridges and roads nope

I am against building them when the economy is dying or using borrowed funds to do that

My argument is this, in the present economic situation like we have now we don't need something like this,you have 2 other bridges

And we can have fairly industry that can carry 1 million cars per day , create multiple jobs, and generate billions

Focus now should be revenue generation increase and GDP growth
Mr. Vitalis, it's normal for countries to borrow and finance infrastructures.Moreover,the bridge is going to be tolled..It's not the FG that will finance it 100%
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by LegendHero(m): 6:47pm On Apr 30
lol 😂.

Make them quick build that mental hospital quick. We have lot of people that need to get off the streets.

22 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 6:51pm On Apr 30
loffyloffy:

So you'd rather ferry the millions of people that cross the third mainland bridge daily so that the government can make money.

When we talk about economic benefit, we're not talking about making money. We're talking about the changes and impact on the economy that the project provides.

Let's even go with your ferry idea. How big would it have to be to carry the volume of people on the third mainland bridge daily? What would the traffic gridlock all over Lagos look like without that bridge?
Chief, without the bridge if they use ferry sef, traffic go choke on top water....

Before completion of 3rd mainland bridge in those days, though I was young but I could remember odd numbers and even numbers...There's were days odd numbers car registration numbers were allowed to go to the island from the mainland and likewise even numbers all to reduce the traffic on the alternative routes to/from the island.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by tommy589(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30
loffyloffy:

Ferries were features of Lagos up to the late sixties and early seventies. Ferries won't be able to support the influx of passengers on apapa/island axis with the huge commercial activities that emerged from petrol dollar of the 70s
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 7:13pm On Apr 30
Jogs1900:

Mr. Vitalis, it's normal for countries to borrow and finance infrastructures.Moreover,the bridge is going to be tolled..It's not the FG that will finance it 100%
It's not normal for country to borrow to finance infrastructure that's how u get loan trapped

You borrow to provide access to credit to your business community.. They expand make more profit.. Create more jobs pay back the loan

Then you tax them and use it to build infrastructure

The only infrastructure you are allowed to borrow are basic essential infrastructure like health care and education

Tared road is not essential, costal road is not essential, rail are not essential except your country is mainly into mining
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 7:14pm On Apr 30
loffyloffy:

When you talk about economic impact you are talking about boast in GDP, revenue and job creation that's it

Maybe you need to review your knowledge
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 7:23pm On Apr 30
mrvitalis:

It's not normal for country to borrow to finance infrastructure that's how u get loan trapped

You borrow to provide access to credit to your business community.. They expand make more profit.. Create more jobs pay back the loan

Then you tax them and use it to build infrastructure

The only infrastructure you are allowed to borrow are basic essential infrastructure like health care and education

Tared road is not essential, costal road is not essential, rail are not essential except your country is mainly into mining
Ehen...
This coastal road will be tolled.. meaning it's financing itself when in used that's why it's a good infrastructure to finance.

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by gosmoney(m): 7:30pm On Apr 30
Jogs1900:

are not benefiting it nw ode oloriburuku
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 7:31pm On Apr 30
Jogs1900:

Ehen...
This coastal road will be tolled.. meaning it's financing itself when in used that's why it's a good infrastructure to finance.
How much toll would you charge on that road

3rd mainland bridge takes 170,000 cars per day... Say this one takes 80,000 cars daily in fact 100,000 cars

Say you toll it 1000 . .. That's 100 million per day

That's 36.5 billion yearly

Would take you 22.5 years to breaks even... That's not even adding maintenance and cost of toll collection.. That would shift it to 30 years minimum

You know what the interest payment of that loan would be after 30 years?

Even if it's at 5% the intrest alone would 40 billion

So it can't even generate enough revenue to pay intrest
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 7:37pm On Apr 30
mrvitalis:

How much toll would you charge on that road

3rd mainland bridge takes 170,000 cars per day... Say this one takes 80,000 cars daily in fact 100,000 cars

Say you toll it 1000 . .. That's 100 million per day

That's 36.5 billion yearly

Would take you 22.5 years to breaks even... That's not even adding maintenance and cost of toll collection.. That would shift it to 30 years minimum

You know what the interest payment of that loan would be after 30 years?

Even if it's at 5% the intrest alone would 40 billion

So it can't even generate enough revenue to pay intrest

All this shalaye doesn't matter in as much as travellers are using it..

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by WizardOfNG: 7:48pm On Apr 30
9jatriot:

Bro, I am the poster who used to say "No nation can make progress hosting enemies-within such as the Igbos have constituted themselves to be against Nigeria".

I also used to warn that Igbo hatred for Yorubas and their fellow Nigerians is real and not online alone as some , to include 'woke' Yorubas, churlishly claimed to make out Igbos rabid toxicity was nothing but friendly online banter they would not act on.

At least eyes opened somewhat when terrorist Chinasa Michael from Anambra came to Lagos to burn BRT Park in an attempt to destroy the entire State.

I used to say all this long before Tinubu was President. If royalties was paid for visionary utterances then whoever is paying would owe me millions in dollars today considering the manner of enemies-within hellish behaviour all Igbos are now showing Nigeria today, starting from Obi downwards, because they did not get their Igbo Presidency.

Imagine the sheer hatred of Nigeria that would prompt anyone to proclaim Third Mainland a worthless or uneccessary project.

Igbos will do worse than this as the restive and hateful spirit they are. As far as most Igbos are concerned, they are today in a serious cold War against Tinubu and the Yorubas.

They will still do something very scary and crazy, under Tinubu's Presidency, like the lunatic Chinasa Michael did attempting to burn and destroy Lagos using #EndSARS as cover back then.

Na me talk am and I am yet to be wrong even when many thought I was talking rubbish previously only to then discover they were myopic and ignorant.

8 Likes

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by yommen: 7:52pm On Apr 30
Obidients are now 'on colos'.

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30
Jogs1900:

All this shalaye doesn't matter in as much as travellers are using it..
🤣🤣🤣🤣 the these one doesn't know anything about economics

And these is the fundamental issue with APC

Travelers are traveling and we are paying 76 billion yearly... How would the economy grow
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by WizardOfNG: 8:00pm On Apr 30
LegendHero:
lol 😂.

Make them quick build that mental hospital quick. We have lot of people that need to get off the streets.

Indeed. Suspect mental health jam rabid hatred for others a d today's behaviour of Igbos is the result.

They all wake up daily, out of hatred and frustration, to randomly pick anything from the SW or even Tinubu's Presidency to attack and denigrate senselessly.

When they are not demanding Remi Tinubu poison her husband, our President, they are busy predicting doom and gloom for the SW and Yorubas daily.

From their chief oga in hatred, Peter "Yes Daddy" Obi, to the average Igbo on the street, the mindless hate and vitriolic talk is the same. Goddam haters and abominable enemies-within.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Tinubu Or His Wife Following Fashola About > / Video: Massacre In Guinea. Is African Leaders Crazy? / Bin Laden Takes Credit For Abdulmutallab's Bomb Explosion Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.