Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

What Would Be.. Would Be - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Be.. Would Be (57 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Would Be.. Would Be by ACKCITY: 4:16pm On May 01
Sarah had been childless for so long up till her old age, she was already in in her nineties without a child and knowing the importance of having a child to preserve the lineage of her husband, she approached him and proposed to him that he took their maid-servant, Hagar as wife so she could bear him a son to preserve their lineage.

Hagar eventually bore a son for Ahraham, Ishmael, when Ishmael was already fourteen years old, because of the promise of God to Abraham and Sarah, she eventually conceived and bore a son too, Abraham at this time was already hundred years old.

According to the bible in Genesis 21:9, "And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking"

Lots of things must have gone through her head, things like, why did I allow my husband to marry this woman, this slave woman and her son, imagine she's even an Egyptian, now her son is older than my son in fact which so much age gap, so her son would become the heir to my husband's wealth, the riches we both suffered to have!

I'm sure jealousy must have stirred her anger. And she approached her husband (a very gentle man and an old ma too, who doesn't want any trouble. She told him to send his slave wife and her son away from their home.

One point to note here, Abraham loved his wife Sarah a lot, secondly, it was her who came up with the idea that he marry Hagar so that could have a child.

So Abraham was sad, he didn't know what to do, if he didn't do what his wife, Sarah wants his house obviously would be on fire, there won't be peace!

In Chapter 11 of Genesis 21, ... And the thing was grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son (Ishmael).

Read more here > https://www.ackcitynews.com/2024/05/what-would-be-would-be.html

(1) (Reply)

The Church And It's Abdication Of Duty- By Blessing Isah / God Is Not Happy With Today's Church & Tithe Paying Is Not An Avenue To Heaven / Where Is Your Vision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.