Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road (1681 Views)

Fashola: Buhari Govt Delivered 3 Projects That Defy Solutions For Decades / Godwin Obaseki: 8 Key Projects That Define His Term In Office / Update On Awka Millennium City Projects That Started October Last Year (photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:17pm On May 01
Let's start with Atiku's objection to the coastal road. Atiku is more focused on transparency. He is asking FG to be more upfront about the cost of the project. His objection is more reasonable.

Now to lamba king... that one is saying FG should not do the road because it is not a priority. Members of the obidient mobs have expanded on that to mean that all other projects in the country have been stopped just to focus on this one.

If your only source of news is this guys, you would think that there is no more investment in the power sector, whereas just a few days ago, the Zunger hydro power plant added 624MW to the grid. https://www.nairaland.com/8078221/fg-completes-switch-zungeru-hydro

Also, not too long ago, the 3rd main land grid was opened after weeks of repairs

Then, you have the Benin Lokoja road under construction: https://www.nairaland.com/8038895/fg-complete-benin-lokoja-road-within. There is no evidence of it being stopped because of the coastal road.

This is the man in the storm, Umahi trying to ensure Benin Sapele road is done properly: https://www.nairaland.com/8025488/umahi-threatens-revoke-benin-sapele-ologbo-road
Here is another thread of the road e Enugu 9th Mile-benue Expressway also under construction not yet stopped because of the coastal road as people like Obi would have you believe. https://www.nairaland.com/8048948/fg-begun-construction-expand-enugu

Meanwhile, Wike is working round the clock in Abuja to deliver projects before May 29th. If my info is correct, part of the projects will be a train service. Once again these projects were not stopped because of one coastal road.

One of the most troublesome road is the east west road, even that is getting its own fair share of attention: https://www.nairaland.com/7986508/fg-orders-contractor-back-eleme-onne

According to this thread, 260 roads are going to be under construction. https://www.nairaland.com/7875317/umahi-tinubu-approved-over-260
Before I forget, the Aba PH train service, was restored in April and is even offering free service from the 1st to the 4th of May, 2024

Similarly a lot of work is ongoing in the different refineries, power sector is getting attention but some naysayers who only stock in trade is wishing the nation bad have become minimalist like their oga who is only capable of delivery sub standard projects.

The truth is , if your only source of info is from these mobs, they will gaslight you into believing that the air you breathe is not good for your body.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by socialmediaman: 6:18pm On May 01
I think Nigerians are beginning to realize that the Coastal road will not terminate anywhere near the south south by 2027.

It will be used as a campaign promise for the next election (never to be fulfilled) the same way they do with the second Niger bridge

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by StOla: 6:18pm On May 01
The truth is , if your only source of info is from these mobs, they will gaslight you into believing that the air you breathe is not good for your body.

QED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by helinues: 6:19pm On May 01
Wondering why those wailers refused to locate the missing senses.

Some of them are just devil in the making for their hatred towards the development of Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:20pm On May 01
One of them even said that the 3rd mainland bridge has no economic benefits to Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/8078084/popular-obi-supporter-questions-benefit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by Coolestguy2023: 6:24pm On May 01
You Igbos can cry from now till eternity, the coastal road would be started and completed.
I don't know why we southerner must especially the igbos hate anything called development and would oppose it. If it were to be a northern President that embark on this project, all this clowns making noise now would have kept quiet. When Buhari embark on the Niger train project, northerners did not object to it neither was there any major opposition to it but see the so called educated SE people making noise on a daily basis. I am beginning to accept my conviction that Majority of SE people don't love this country

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by Seefinish: 6:24pm On May 01
Fuel is 2000 per liter under pamper wearing Ebola, the man without traceable ancestry.
People like you want to use Peter Obi to console yourself over a disaster called Tinubu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by helinues: 6:25pm On May 01
Seefinish:
Fuel is 2000 per liter under pamper wearing Ebola, the man without traceable ancestry.
People like you want to use Peter Obi to console yourself over a disaster called Tinubu

Make una stop being petty.

Is this thread about fuel prices?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by Jogs1900: 6:25pm On May 01
9jatriot:
Let's start with Atiku's objection to the coastal road. Atiku is more focused on transparency. He is asking FG to be more upfront about the cost of the project. His objection is more reasonable.

Now to lamba king... that one is saying FG should not do the road because it is not a priority. Members of the obidient mobs have expanded on that to mean that all other projects in the country have been stopped just to focus on this one.

If your only source of news is this guys, you would think that there is no more investment in the power sector, whereas just a few days ago, the Zunger hydro power plant added 624MW to the grid. https://www.nairaland.com/8078221/fg-completes-switch-zungeru-hydro

Also, not too long ago, the 3rd main land grid was opened after weeks of repairs

Then, you have the Benin Lokoja road under construction: https://www.nairaland.com/8038895/fg-complete-benin-lokoja-road-within. There is no evidence of it being stopped because of the coastal road.

This is the man in the storm, Umahi trying to ensure Benin Sapele road is done properly: https://www.nairaland.com/8025488/umahi-threatens-revoke-benin-sapele-ologbo-road
Here is another thread of the road e Enugu 9th Mile-benue Expressway also under construction not yet stopped because of the coastal road as people like Obi would have you believe. https://www.nairaland.com/8048948/fg-begun-construction-expand-enugu

Meanwhile, Wike is working round the clock in Abuja to deliver projects before May 29th. If my info is correct, part of the projects will be a train service. Once again these projects were not stopped because of one coastal road.

One of the most troublesome road is the east west road, even that is getting its own fair share of attention: https://www.nairaland.com/7986508/fg-orders-contractor-back-eleme-onne

According to this thread, 260 roads are going to be under construction. https://www.nairaland.com/7875317/umahi-tinubu-approved-over-260
Before I forget, the Aba PH train service, was restored in April and is even offering free service from the 1st to the 4th of May, 2024

Similarly a lot of work is ongoing in the different refineries, power sector is getting attention but some naysayers who only stock in trade is wishing the nation bad have become minimalist like their oga who is only capable of delivery sub standard projects.

Well done..

Honestly, I like the way Tinubus supporters are giving them back to back unlike the Buhari s supporters that gave them the opportunity to use the social media against him.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by Jogs1900: 6:26pm On May 01
9jatriot:
One of them even said that the 3rd mainland bride serves no use in Nigeria

You wan pursue this guy from NL..Easy Chief
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:29pm On May 01
When third mainland bridge was to be built, they were people who kicked against it.

Even the GSM we enjoy today, not many people remember that they were folks who also accused the government of not focusing on other important issues, but here we are today, 24 years later enjoying it.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:31pm On May 01
Baba, I never fully recover from the shock of that statement say 3rd mainland bridge non de useful say an canoe for better pass.

Person wen fit talk that kind thing non suppose de this kind forum abeg.

Jogs1900:

You wan pursue this guy from NL..Easy Chief

2 Likes

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by Slytiger: 6:32pm On May 01
socialmediaman:
I think Nigerians are beginning to realize that the Coastal road will likely not terminate anywhere near the south south by 2027. According to word from various quarters, It will most likely be used as a campaign promise for the next election (never to be fulfilled) the same way they do with the second Niger bridge
Umahi said It's an 8 years project not 4 years.

1 Like

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by MEEVEET: 6:36pm On May 01
9jatriot:
One of them even said that the 3rd mainland bride serves no use in Nigeria

He said it has no economic benefits

How you interpret that has having no value is beyond reason
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by socialmediaman: 6:37pm On May 01
Slytiger:

Umahi said It's an 8 years project not 4 years.

You just echoed the point
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:38pm On May 01
Thanks, let me use his exact phrase, even though I do not see how both phrases are significantly different.
MEEVEET:

He said it has no economic benefits

How you interpret that has having no value is beyond reason
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:40pm On May 01
grin grin grin it's in their BLOOD. Hahaha grin grin grin This people sha. They are just so funny. grin
The North are the ones that are ,'suppose' to be shouting their hearts out as per, the super project though a Nigerian project, it's a project beneficial to the South at most. These people are truly CURSED. grin grin grin
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by MEEVEET: 6:45pm On May 01
9jatriot:
Thanks, let me use his exact phrase, even though I do not see how both phrases are significantly different.
Why don't you google what economic benefits entitles, list them then tell us which one 3rd mainland bridge meets

That's how to shut people like him up...

Have you googled what economic benefits means or you just assume you knew the meaning... Google it and you might be shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:51pm On May 01
You want me to descend to the level of questioning the economic benefit of an infrastructure like the third mainland bridge? LIke seriously?

Please, I'd pass. Thanks.

This looks like an alternate moniker.

MEEVEET:

Why don't you google what economic benefits entitles, list them then tell us which one 3rd mainland bridge meets

Have you googled what economic benefits means or you just assume you knew the meaning... Google it and you might be shocked
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by MEEVEET: 6:54pm On May 01
Coolestguy2023:
You Igbos can cry from now till eternity, the coastal road would be started and completed.
I don't know why we southerner must especially the igbos hate anything called development and would oppose it. If it were to be a northern President that embark on this project, all this clowns making noise now would have kept quiet. When Buhari embark on the Niger train project, northerners did not object to it neither was there any major opposition to it but see the so called educated SE people making noise on a daily basis. I am beginning to accept my conviction that Majority of SE people don't love this country
The fundamental problem with people like you is you don't know how development works ...

We aes not saying the project is not a good project but it makes no sense building it now

This projects is not needed , it should not be priority... Getting our economy back to the path of growth is what should be priority

If u want road fix the old ones... There is already a road linking South West to South South

Infrastructure like this have little or no impact on economic growth, they don't stimulate the economy

800 billion can be put to better use, to create 100s of thousands of jobs, that can increase revenue and growth GDP

But no let's build projects we can brag about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by nonhuman(m): 7:10pm On May 01
Coolestguy2023:
spoken like child that you are
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by Ezmans: 7:27pm On May 01
Coolestguy2023:
where are the train projects in niger delta because these are the 9 states Edo, delta,rivers ,bayelsa, akwaibom, cross river,imo & abia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 10:39am On May 02
The coastal road is expected to have a train station at the middle.
Ezmans:
where are the train projects in niger delta because these are the 9 states Edo, delta,rivers ,bayelsa, akwaibom, cross river,imo & abia
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 4:40pm On May 02
If we use your definition of economic benefit then the road in this video is just okay as it is since it does not provide any economic benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-HUv_fovuw

MEEVEET:

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by DMerciful(m): 4:51pm On May 02
Tinubu has to complete it now because of the businesses he has demolished esp landmark $200million business else it will be used against him!
Coolestguy2023:
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by DMerciful(m): 4:53pm On May 02
Ibrahim babangida bridge was built by Babangida using Niger Delta oil money. All major bridge in Lagos were built by fg using Niger Delta oil money
9jatriot:
Baba, I never fully recover from the shock of that statement say 3rd mainland bridge non de useful say an canoe for better pass.

Person wen fit talk that kind thing non suppose de this kind forum abeg.

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by igwebuike01: 5:00pm On May 02
socialmediaman:
I think Nigerians are beginning to realize that the Coastal road will not terminate anywhere near the south south by 2027. It will be used as a campaign promise for the next election (never to be fulfilled) the same way they do with the second Niger bridge
Very apt. Ask them how far with Buhari's coastal railway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by MEEVEET: 5:01pm On May 02
9jatriot:
If we use your definition of economic benefit then the road in this video is just okay as it is since it does not provide any economic benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-HUv_fovuw

These road doesn't need more than 5 billion to be motorable

You don't need to talk reconstruction that would be done when revenue is up
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by igwebuike01: 5:03pm On May 02
MEEVEET:

The fundamental problem with people like you is you don't know how development works ...

We aes not saying the project is not a good project but it makes no sense building it now

This projects is not needed , it should not be priority... Getting our economy back to the path of growth is what should be priority

If u want road fix the old ones... There is already a road linking South West to South South

Infrastructure like this have little or no impact on economic growth, they don't stimulate the economy

800 billion can be put to better use, to create 100s of thousands of jobs, that can increase revenue and growth GDP

But no let's build projects we can brag about
Deep. In depth understanding
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 5:04pm On May 02
I do not understand, should it be done or should government leave it as it is since it (using your economic benefit chart) does not offer any economic benefit?

Should FG position able bodied men at both sections of the road to carry people across the bad sections??

MEEVEET:

These road doesn't need more than 5 billion to be motorable

You don't need to talk reconstruction that would be done when revenue is up
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by igwebuike01: 5:06pm On May 02
9jatriot:
You want me to descend to the level of questioning the economic benefit of an infrastructure like the third mainland bridge? LIke seriously?

Please, I'd pass. Thanks.

This looks like an alternate moniker.

You need to read the book "confession of economic hitmen". Most infrastructure in Africa are useless and their economic growth are artificial. All are manipulation of big western corporation in connivance with money lending organizations
Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by igwebuike01: 5:08pm On May 02
9jatriot:
I do not understand, should it be done or should government leave it as it is since it (using your economic benefit chart) does not offer any economic benefit?

Should FG position able bodied men at both sections of the road to carry people across the bad sections??

This road and many other roads are actually a priority not a new coastal road in the middle of serious hardship

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Escaped Death / Reps Bow To Pdp, Appoint Akande-adeola House Leader / The Impressive Ongoing Agricultural Revolution Spearheaded By Agric Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.