Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

What Is Your Experience With Landlords And Their Caution Fee? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Is Your Experience With Landlords And Their Caution Fee? (109 Views)

Why Hosting Might Be The Smartest Investment For Landlords In 2022 / Have You Been Crypto Scammed. Share Your Experience And Learn How To Detect One / Binary Option Whatsapp Group Chat. Learn From Experts & Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Experience With Landlords And Their Caution Fee? by Cornel88(m): 7:28pm On May 01
Landlords these days request for caution fee, separate from agent and agreement, and still wants you to pay for 2 years for a start.😩
They claim caution fee is refundable. What is your experience with this please?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Landlords And Their Caution Fee? by ibechris(m): 11:48am On May 02
I got a place last month,when I asked for the account number to pay,the woman said,they are not collecting money yet.

I tried to know why they weren't interested in the cash...the woman said the owner of the house lives abroad and has promised to inspect the house before they will rent if out and that he is coming back soon.

I was ready to wait!...while I waited,the rent went from 1.8million to 2million for a two bedroom in Abuja. I said no wahala,I will pay.

After one week again they raised the
caution fee to #400k.
Agency.......200k
Legal 200
Rent 2million.

Total 2.8million.

I just looked else where and avoided trouble. Got a place where I paid a total of #2,370,000 and moved in peacefully.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Industrial Biscuit And Cookies Cutting Machine For Sale / Owner Of Dark Web Market Arrested By FBI / POS Machine Is Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.