Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,539 members, 7,830,606 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo (17275 Views)

Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" / We Will Not Allow You Walk Alone – APC Tells Impeached Deputy Gov, Shaibu / I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Kosiso12(f): 8:05am On May 02
Recently impeached deputy governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, has said that Asue Ighodalo, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will require the services of an interpreter if he wins the forthcoming election.

Speaking during the Edo Central PDP leaders and stakeholders meeting held in Irrua, the administrative headquarters of Esan Central Local Government Area on Monday, Shaibu said any governorship candidate who can not speak the Edo dialect should not be allowed to govern the state.

He said he would support a candidate who understands the yearnings of the people.

He added that a candidate who needed the help of an interpreter did not qualify as a homeboy because of his inability to speak the dialect of the Edo people.

“Today, we have decided that a homeboy that we know will become the governor of Edo State. You already know that Edo born in Lagos State is not a homeboy,” Shaibu said

“Is somebody who comes here with an interpreter a homeboy? So, if that is a minus it means we will look for a homeboy.”

Recall that Ighodalo had been under fire after he hired an interpreter to announce his intention to his kinsmen at a ward in Ewohimi, Esan South East Local Government Area of the state earlier.

Ighodalo was seen in a video when he met with his kinsmen.

In the video, Ighodalo, who was vying for the PDP ticket then, addressed the crowd in English Language to seek their support while an interpreter translated his words into Esan language.

Also speaking, the party’s National Vice Chairman, South-South Zone, Dan Orbih, vowed not to campaign for the party if the crisis in the party is not solved.

Orbih said the re-election of Godwin Obaseki has only brought pain and anger to members of the party and the people of the state at large.

“In Edo State PDP, all is not well. Until I see concrete steps taken by the PDP government in the state to address all those issues that we have raised in the cause of our campaigns, until I see concrete steps to address the promises we made to the Edo people, I will not be able to face anybody to say vote the PDP at the next election.

“If they can treat you the way they treated you, you can imagine what it will be if we allow them to continue. I can see pain and anger in the faces of our people and members. I can not pretend to say all is well and I have come out clearly to decline to serve in the Edo State PDP governorship Campaign Council. My decision is based on how I feel. Members of the PDP were badly treated after the re-election of Godwin Obaseki,”
he stated.

Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/hell-need-an-interpreter-as-gov-shaibu-shades-pdp-candidate-asue-ighodalo-video/

5 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Bobloco: 8:15am On May 02
sad
Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by cassidy1996(m): 9:12am On May 02
Edo is finished......if small rain fall Uselu by tomline go full like river Niger

All politicians = d same

12 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:12am On May 02
You already know that Edo born in Lagos State is not a homeboy,” Shaibu said
Just imagine senseless talk from an adult.
Adults behaving like kids.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Klington: 9:13am On May 02

PDAPC are filled with illiterates that only interested in stealing and senseless looting.

11 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by gentlekeny(m): 9:13am On May 02
Philip Shaibu is another Wike in the PDP

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by agrowell: 9:14am On May 02
Hmmmmm
Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by StPete: 9:14am On May 02
Very stupid Shuaibu...no wonder they kicked him out of the office before his time.
A nonentity that thinks speaking ones dialect is the only good thing about been a Governor.

Lucky Igbinedion that spoke the language very well, what did he offer to the people of Edo?
Including almost all the past governors that can speak the language. No wonder Edo state has perpetually remained behind in the scheme of performing States because we look for the most trivial of reasons to crown one as Governor.

I fully support Peter Obi, any day and any time and twice on election days, but I will pick Asue Ighodalo over any other nonentity Governorship candidates because his track records and excellence in the public and especially private sector is very similar to Peter Obi's. As a matter of fact, I would gladly put in as freelance to work with Asue Ighodalo if possible.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by olaolulazio(m): 9:14am On May 02
E still be like movie for Shaibu eye🤣

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by maxiuc(m): 9:15am On May 02
grin

Good governance is what the people wants not someone who will communicate with them in their language and be killing them

Good governance

25 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Edoreborn: 9:15am On May 02
O ga o
Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Opinedecandid(m): 9:15am On May 02
What is there to learn your language?
Let's encourage our children to lean and speak our dialect.
It is disheartening to be subject3d to language slavery amongst other neo-colonisation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Emma09(m): 9:15am On May 02
Sore looser. E still dey pain u bros.

13 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Owaincouncil: 9:15am On May 02
I can interpret ooo. At least I have been doing that for my pastor since at no cost.
But this time around, any governorship candidates that needs an interpreter should call me at a reasonable price.

4 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Goodlady(f): 9:16am On May 02
post=129742969:

In fact it shocked me. How did Phillip Shuaibu lose his anointing oil?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Kingpele(m): 9:17am On May 02
Philip rest please restoooo...Impeachment at the twilight of an administration can be very annoying ....

10 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by slaawomirr: 9:17am On May 02
Damnnn niggar

Make Shuaibu rest

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by AOB1: 9:18am On May 02
Shaibu language is not an excuse, it's what the candidate is planning and willing to do for the state after election that matters.

14 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by id4sho(m): 9:18am On May 02
post=129742969:

Small nyash dey shake, rest Abeg .
Audio Grills

5 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by adecz: 9:18am On May 02
Political campaign vawulence ❗️❗️❗️

2 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by SmartyPants(m): 9:19am On May 02
What sort of divisive politics is this? So an Edo man with something to contribute cannot do so because he was born outside the State?

13 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Aristoworld: 9:19am On May 02
Asue speaks Esan fluently. Stop all these cheap propagandas, they won't work. Asue is next Edo governor....ther earlier you allow that to stick, the better for you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Angelfrost(m): 9:20am On May 02
Okay... So, you would take an indigenous Language speaker lacking leadership skills and morality over a better leader who can't speak the language!

Interesting...!

8 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by victorazy(m): 9:20am On May 02
grin see bad mouth. grin

1 Like

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Sensiblerealist: 9:22am On May 02
So Sorry Obaseki really finished Shaibu. Na wa ooo. The guy com turn opposition. He should have just ported to another party to test his might if truly he was loved by the people

10 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by haffaze777(m): 9:23am On May 02
This ighodalo worwor so he will win Edo state election, Edo governor must worworgrin

1 Like

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by ehissi(m): 9:23am On May 02
H

2 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Boyooosa(m): 9:25am On May 02
grin
Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by Mayflowa(m): 9:25am On May 02
You don't need any language to govern. That is why there is an interpreter. English is a common language we all understand. Do you want to speak your language and be hungry in a filthy environment? Government should serve the people by providing basic amenities and infrastructures not language. If you can speak your language, better but it is not disqualifying at all not to speak. How many language can anyone speak when you have hundreds of language in Edo State?

8 Likes

Re: He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo by godofuck231: 9:26am On May 02
Thats the voice of a greedy man who sat over various sectors of government contracts , he himself and his wife sat on okomu palm oil company supplies of diesel, palm produce transport, state bus companies diesel supplies and kicked out young up coming contractors , he's greedy and wicked , he feels this is a frat show where the heartless is praised for gruesome acts , them think say people outside Nigeria don't get information and facts ?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elections May Not Hold In North East –jega / $470m CCTV Contract: Reps Find Only 40 Cameras Working, Order Probe / Defection Rumours: PDP Governors Visit Matawalle In Gusau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.