Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,432 members, 7,839,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Speech Delivered By The Honourable Minister Of Power, Chief Adebayo Adelabua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speech Delivered By The Honourable Minister Of Power, Chief Adebayo Adelabua (94 Views)

Chief Adebayo Adelabu: Unleash Your Power To Illuminate Nigeria / Projects delivered by Udom To Mark 33rd Anniversary Of Akwa Ibom State - Photos / Ogun PDP Sure Of Victory - Chief Adebayo Dayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speech Delivered By The Honourable Minister Of Power, Chief Adebayo Adelabua by MarySimon2019: 3:43pm On May 02
SPEECH DELIVERED BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF POWER, CHIEF ADEBAYO ADELABUAT THE COMMISSIONING OF 63MVA,132/33KV MOBILE SUBSTATION INSTALLED  UNDER PHASE 1 OF THE PRESIDENTIAL  POWER INITIATIVE (PPI) IN AJAH, TRANSMISSION SUBSTATION,LAGOS STATE

Good morning, everyone.
1. It brings me immense pleasure to stand before you today as we gather to celebrate a significant milestone in our nation's pursuit of reliable and sustainable energy infrastructure. We are here to mark the commissioning of a pivotal project - the 63MVA, 132/33KV Mobile Substation, a testament to the renewed hope agenda’scommitment to transforming Nigeria's power landscape.

2. This Mobile Substation represents a strategic deployment aimed at improving the transmission capacity constraints by over 1300MW across the nation. Its strategic placement at key sites such as Okene, Amukpe, Potiskum,Apo, Ajah, Birnin Kebbi and others underscores our dedication to enhancing transmission efficiency and reliability nationwide.

3. Today, as we inaugurate this 63MVA Mobile Substation in Ajah, Lagos State, we recognize its multifaceted significance. Not only does it serve as a catalyst for capacity enhancement within our transmission network, but it also stands as a beacon of hope for the businesses and households reliant on uninterrupted power supply.

4. Furthermore, the versatility of this Mobile Substation cannot be overstated. From addressing major load centers to serving as a stopgap measure during maintenance and emergencies, its flexibility ensures swift responses to fluctuating power demands, thereby contributing to uninterrupted service delivery.

5. In tandem with this commissioning, I am pleased to announce the remote commissioning of a 60 MVA Power Transformer at Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State. Together, these equipment’s will boost our transmission wheeling capacity by 123MW, thereby paving the way for enhanced electricity supply for all Nigerians.

6. These endeavors signify more than just infrastructural developments; they represent a pivotal step towards revitalizing our power sector and reaffirming our commitment to improving the lives of our citizens. I commend the collaborative efforts of the FGN Power Company, the German government, and Siemens Energy, whose partnership has facilitated the production and installation of these world-class assets.

7. The Presidential Power Initiative (PPI) embodies our strategic approach to tackling Nigeria's longstanding challenges of unreliable power supply. With an installed power generation capacity of 14GW, it is imperative that we maximize operational capacity to meet the needs of our growing population.

8. I am happy with the collaborative efforts between the German Government and the Federal Government of Nigeria under the PPI, which promises to deliver reliable power supply to every corner of our nation. Moving forward, we remain committed to fostering mutually beneficial partnerships that drive productivity and socio-economic growth.

9. However, I must emphasize that the success of these initiatives hinges on collective responsibility. I implore all Nigerians to safeguard these vital installations against acts of vandalism and sabotage, recognizing them as essential economic assets crucial to our nation's development.

10. As we celebrate the activation of this Mobile Substation, let us not only acknowledge its technological prowess but also reflect on the socio-economic impact for our communities. Enhanced power infrastructure serves as a catalyst for industrial growth, job creation, and improved  standards of living.

11. In conclusion, let me extend my gratitude to all stakeholders involved in making this project a reality. Together, we embark on a journey towards a brighter future for Nigeria, one powered by innovation, resilience, and collective determination.

12. I therefore call on the Management of the FGN Power Company and all other stakeholders in the power sector to work with extra determination to ensure that the timelines, which we have set for this project is achieved. What we are doing here today is just the start of a long journey, to a destination that will make Nigerians to be proud of all of us.

13. Thank you and God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Speech Delivered By The Honourable Minister Of Power, Chief Adebayo Adelabua by DMerciful(m): 4:56pm On May 02
Accountant appointed to solve power problem.

Na statistics we go chop?

Re: Speech Delivered By The Honourable Minister Of Power, Chief Adebayo Adelabua by helinues: 5:04pm On May 02
Where is light Mr minister?

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Fr. Alia Wins NUJ's Advocate Of The Masses And Human Rights Award / Dr Doreen Yusuf Appointed Canadian Country Reps For Worldsdgs-org / Amaewhule Group Alleges Fubara's Plan To Demolish Rivers Assembly Quarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.