Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,864 members, 7,848,507 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

How Abapower Is Overcharging Me - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abapower Is Overcharging Me (36168 Views)

Abapower Lowest Tariff In The Country Is False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by CJStarz: 11:57am On May 06
jmoore:

I removed the number of the address. Let the name of the street be there. No be only our house dey for the street.
But your surname show and so part of your account number.
E no too make sense
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by CJStarz: 11:58am On May 06
Tallesty1:
You are saying that robbers are better than security OPs in your darling nation?
😂😂😂😂😂
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by georgeakins: 12:06pm On May 06
Tallesty1:
You are saying that robbers are better than security OPs in your darling nation?

Robbers are better than security operatives in biaflan jungles
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by maasoap(m): 12:13pm On May 06
Paraman:
I really doubt Aba power is affected by NERC regulations and tariff. Aba power is 100% owned by the private sector.

Why wouldn't they be under NERC? Being a private company doesn't exempt you from being under the government's agency/regulator, the government can't just allow you to do as you like because there will be tendency to misbehave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Geovanni412(m): 12:14pm On May 06
jmoore:
I have made several complaints to Abapower customer care and they have not resolved this, that’s why I am bringing this out to the public.

Abapower placed us on the wrong band, thereby overcharging us, which is extortion. My district is Ariaria district under Ukwa 33 feeder, Enyimba transformer We are on prepaid metre. I previously complained about the 95 naira per unit they were charging us because the power supply in our area is poor, only to check a week later to see that they have increased the charge to 102 naira per kwh. R2SB-NMD is what is on our receipt, which is a wrong classification.

To paint the true picture of power supply in our area, I took down records from Sat 27th April to 3rd May 2024. Sat 8 hours supply, Sunday no power, Monday 3 hours supply, Tuesday no power, Wednesday 45 minutes supply, Thursday no power, Friday 1 hour. Out of 168 hours, they only gave us power for 12 hours 45 minutes of power supply in a week, which is not up to 10% of 168 hours. This means the average supply per day is around 1.7 hours a day.

The lowest band category by NERC is Band E, which is a minimum of 4 hours a day but we are getting an average of 1-2 hours per day and are being charged same rate as those in Band B.

If they are overcharging you, this is the wrong forum to come to

Write to the proper regulatory authorities about the issue.

And customer care are not the people you talk to when you have such issues that remain unresolved

You have to write to an organisation that regulates the one you are complaining of.

If you don't know, consult a lawyer in Aba to do the needful and pay the required fees.
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by vanunu: 12:21pm On May 06
What of people that have 4 hours a week in Imo State
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by SolarEngr(m): 12:22pm On May 06
This kind of practice is not only unfair but also unacceptable, especially considering the poor power supply in the area. The discrepancy between the actual hours of power received and the charged rates is stark, highlighting the urgent need for regulatory oversight and accountability in the electricity sector.

On a related note, if you're seeking a reliable and sustainable solution to power supply challenges, consider investing in a solar inverter system by The Trills Consulting. With solar energy, you can enjoy uninterrupted power, reduce your electricity bills, and contribute to a greener environment. Reach out to The Trills Consulting today to explore your solar energy options and take control of your energy needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94kdMLYyIVg?si=VUKdpPJA2RSPWv6U
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Atarakpa: 12:27pm On May 06
jmoore:

I can't give the correct tariff for those in band A but Abapower said on radio that they are not implementing the 225 naira. So it should be less than 200 naira.
you are been charge 107. Which is good. Here in Lagos I paid 241 per kw.
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Atarakpa: 12:28pm On May 06
yhunusanni:

Why? So how much are they charging for 24/7 light areas? Just want to compare
he is been charge 107
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by okunwaye(m): 12:34pm On May 06
favor914:
Very funny, you never start to dey wail Yet, make you blame APC & Tinubu as usual.
E pain slimly gbegiri glumping miscreants wella grin grin grin

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by CluelessMODS: 12:35pm On May 06
Kemistri3:

Try and read na. He already said his area isn't yet connected to geometric

My area is and we have at least 20 hrs electricity everday. Though we're yet to get meters. But they're doing free mass metering rn for those already connected to geometric
Why are they making noise as is everywhere is already connected?
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by CluelessMODS: 12:38pm On May 06
123yes:
Oga why do you hate ibos like this. What has what I asked got to do with Ibos as a tribe. God have mercy on you.
Mr man I don't hate any tribe. For your information my wife is Igbo and I have lots of Igbo friends. I know everywhere in the east in and out. But I don't deal on sentiments truth must be told! Igbos are full of pride and arrogance, majority of them. Saying that doesn't mean I hate them.

1 Like

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by CluelessMODS: 12:41pm On May 06
Saao:
geometric power only covers some area in aba not everywhere. I'm not from aba or Igbo land but I got the explanation since, please listen very well or read very well. I even read few minutes back here that those area covers by geometric power are receiving free meters
When the project started operating do you know all the noise they were making all over that the whole Aba is now having constant electricity supply? You can go back and read old posts.

1 Like

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by perfri(m): 12:43pm On May 06
Paraman:
I really doubt Aba power is affected by NERC regulations and tariff. Aba power is 100% owned by the private sector.
i dont understand, that a company is privately owned, does it mean it is not subject to the national regulations of the country it operates in. is there any bank in nigeria that is owned by government, why are they then subject to CBN policies
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by millionboi(m): 12:44pm On May 06
jmoore:

I removed the number of the address. Let the name of the street be there. No be only our house dey for the street.
Good for you,no be you open trade dey compare Dstv charges in south Africa and Nigeria,when you know that in south Africa is pay as you view.
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by toprealman: 12:44pm On May 06
yhunusanni:
Wait, in the same Aba that should be having 24 hours power?
Yes same Nigeria that is powered by Generator and yes, Abia is making an effort to give residents light!
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:05pm On May 06
jmoore:

If you talk nonsense here we now know where to find you and slap the shìt out of you grin
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Almightyprosper: 1:12pm On May 06
I think you should be grateful, it's almost 10k for 10 unit in Abuja
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by pandax: 1:35pm On May 06
jmoore:
I have made several complaints to Abapower customer care and they have not resolved this, that’s why I am bringing this out to the public.

Abapower placed us on the wrong band, thereby overcharging us, which is extortion. My district is Ariaria district under Ukwa 33 feeder, Enyimba transformer We are on prepaid metre. I previously complained about the 95 naira per unit they were charging us because the power supply in our area is poor, only to check a week later to see that they have increased the charge to 102 naira per kwh. R2SB-NMD is what is on our receipt, which is a wrong classification.

To paint the true picture of power supply in our area, I took down records from Sat 27th April to 3rd May 2024. Sat 8 hours supply, Sunday no power, Monday 3 hours supply, Tuesday no power, Wednesday 45 minutes supply, Thursday no power, Friday 1 hour. Out of 168 hours, they only gave us power for 12 hours 45 minutes of power supply in a week, which is not up to 10% of 168 hours. This means the average supply per day is around 1.7 hours a day.

The lowest band category by NERC is Band E, which is a minimum of 4 hours a day but we are getting an average of 1-2 hours per day and are being charged same rate as those in Band B.

I think you are an ingrate, AbaPower is charging everyone within their Business District a flat rate of 102 naira per kwh and you are complaining. Be patient with them, by July this year, Abapower will give 24/7 electricity to everyone in their business district at a flat rate of 102 naira per KWH

I am in Band A of PHED and using 8 units daily ( This will translate to roughly N60K per month). Guys, it is time to relocate to Aba for cheaper electricity

1 Like

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Love800(m): 1:50pm On May 06
Wetin be the difference?
jmoore:

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Izuchukwu70: 1:56pm On May 06
jmoore:

The way people celebrated this 24 hour Power supply like say ABA don turn to Dallas. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Love800(m): 1:58pm On May 06
What is the meaning of 33 feeder?
jmoore:

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Mrfeel: 3:06pm On May 06
Mohisah:
Media hyped AbaPower🤣🤣
Im shocked to see her complaining
Ignorantly you might be shocked cause you are not aware that this costumer is not yet connected to geometric power plant , DISCO distribution
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by f4bio4ss: 3:42pm On May 06
Interesting. a new perspective

acompanhantes brasilia
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Kemistri3(m): 5:09pm On May 06
aieromon:

How much do you pay per kWh?

Honestly, I don't even know. I don't even remember the last time I touched a NEPA bill. My brother makes all payment

But we used estimated billing. Three flats in our building gets about 20k per month. Though we don't actually pay full. We only pay like 5k

Very soon the mass metering will reach our side

1 Like

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Mohisah: 7:26pm On May 06
Franklyspeakin:
try dey read abeg
explain the post to me since u read it better. My comment isn't a hate speech as u may tink. It out of curiosity
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by LADEMINUS: 7:38pm On May 06
jmoore:

You do not have a meter from that receipt you posted Sir. The matter go hard
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Versal: 9:16pm On May 06
Cmanforall:

Is 1400 overcharging?
Did you see the kWh that was given?
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by ruffhandu: 10:00pm On May 06
helinues:
Hide important info from your screenshot, your home address.

Make una no dey loose guard now

Him don tire to hide the address. The Government has frustrated it's citizens. Imagine this man had to stay at home to be able to give details of the power supplied. These leaders deserve to be cursed.
Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by tranxo(m): 4:24pm On May 07
Mohisah:
Media hyped AbaPower🤣🤣
Im shocked to see her complaining
OP is still connected to TCN. This has nothing to do with Geometrics.

1 Like

Re: How Abapower Is Overcharging Me by Mohisah: 7:37pm On May 07
tranxo:

OP is still connected to TCN. This has nothing to do with Geometrics.
Alright! Thanks for this enlightenment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today / What Is Happening In The Capital City Of Abuja? / University Of Ibadan Confirms That Obaseki Graduated From The Institution (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.