Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,806 members, 7,834,703 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. (52782 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / Update On Rural Roads Constructed In Akwa Ibom For The Last 18months... Photos / Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by FatherOfJesus: 7:54pm On May 06
A lot of his concrete roads are failing.

David Umahi act as if he knows too much. This same man constructed concrete runway in Abakaliki airport that is not safe for planes to take-off or land on because of poor grip hence commercial airlines avoided the airport (aside that the airport has no economic value). He wasted 40billion.

While I know that concrete roads are good if they are properly constructed, like the one in gbagada, but Umahi will be forming engineer while he cannot deliver quality roads in his state.

I don't trust the quality of the concrete road that Will be delivered on the coastal road project. Umahi likes substandard and shiny things like China and Hitech construction company is not reputable enough to handle such magnitude of project. The only construction company I can trust to deliver is julius berger.

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by triple996(m): 7:54pm On May 06
Them swear 4 diz people ? Always doing substandard project.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by FatherOfJesus: 8:02pm On May 06
triple996:
as in eh

9 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Dijita: 8:07pm On May 06
I support the Lagos Calabar coastal highway. This is a legitimate concern. The press should ask the minister why Nigerians should trust him with such gigantic project when the one he did as governor is already cracking.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by tommy589(m): 8:18pm On May 06
What is the commercial benefits of airports built by these governors. Life becomes more easy to live in this country if you don't have high expectations on social responsibilities of government

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Kwamecron(m): 8:21pm On May 06
Nigeria most move forward

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by immortalcrown(m): 8:26pm On May 06
Yet, the praise singers never learn.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by CodeTemplar: 8:36pm On May 06
The one that runs from enerhen toward warri is still intact decades after. They should go learn from tested and trusted contractors and not gandollar-esque ministers.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by kettykin: 8:41pm On May 06
Nkalagu cement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by NwaNimo1(m): 8:43pm On May 06
Heat expansion not considered.....one of the benefits of tar is that it expands and contracts

Umahi is an illiterate responsible for so many atrocities and monstrosities!

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by LegendHero(m): 8:45pm On May 06
So what should we do with this news? Some road built with asphalt also get spoilt as we’ve seen in many case.

Cement Roads that Hitech constructed in Lagos are still standing in good condition so I don’t know what’s up with this.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by LegendHero(m): 8:47pm On May 06
FatherOfJesus:
go fuckkkk yourself with it

I no be hermaphrodite. You got someone close to you that is one??

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by ekineme: 8:49pm On May 06
1.Preliminary investigation from the picture reveals expansion as the major cause of the crack, the heat this year is intense, they was no (Joint) provision made for expansion.
2. The underneath soil is expansive clay, which swells due to the rainy season hence the result you are seeing.

Recommendation:
The concrete should be partitioned leaving room for slight Earth movement ( this will prevent crack as a result of expansion of reinforced concrete as a result of extreme temperature and Earth movement)

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by LegendHero(m): 8:49pm On May 06
Below is one of the bridge constructed by Bitter Obi.

I am waiting for OP to call him out instead of getting fixated on Umahi who have more record of visible infrastructure he embarked on.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by FatherOfJesus: 8:50pm On May 06
LegendHero:

I no be hermaphrodite. You got someone close to you that is one?

Do I have time for a notorious nairaland riffraff? No, ire oo

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Nwaokunkpara: 8:56pm On May 06
LegendHero:

I am waiting for OP to call him out instead of getting fixated on Umahi who have more record of visible infrastructure he embarked on.

Are you not ashamed of yourself

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Urheadmaster(m): 8:59pm On May 06
Our politicians knew exactly what they are doing.

Everything is turn by turn tongue
triple996:

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by kenny714433(m): 9:02pm On May 06
cry
ekineme:
1.Preliminary investigation from the picture reveals expansion as the major cause of the crack, the heat this year is intense, they was no (Joint) provision made for expansion.
2. The underneath soil is expansive clay, which swells due to the rainy season hence the result you are seeing.

Recommendation:
The concrete should be partitioned leaving room for slight Earth movement ( this will prevent crack as a result of expansion of reinforced concrete as a result of extreme temperature and Earth movement)

Keep quiet, you are busy talking rubbish.
From the pictures, the type of failures are Longitudinal cracking and Pumping. None of those failures are related to thermal expansion but poor quality job in joint and inadequate slab thickness.

The thing is that this road here is not a reinforced concrete road but the coastal road is reinforced, so these failures won't be a thing or would be negligible. (Reinforced means to use iron rods)

That being said, Tinubu should start the Calabar axis or he's busy deceiving himself and would dump the road after Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Beautifulday: 9:06pm On May 06
triple996:

It's not about substandard. Concrete has low expansivity ratio. So will easily crack under high temperature or low temperature. For it to last, it must be overlayed with asphalt.

4 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Beautifulday: 9:08pm On May 06
LegendHero:

Road not well maintained will spoil.

I went to oshodi today, the floor in new brt built by ambode of which day is getting put holes

4 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by LegendHero(m): 9:10pm On May 06
Beautifulday:

Road not well maintained will spoil.

I went to oshodi today, the floor in new brt built by ambode of which day is getting put holes

Oh so why not apply same metrics to Umahi roads in Ebonyi?

5 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Beautifulday: 9:15pm On May 06
LegendHero:

Oh so why not apply same metrics to Umahi roads in Ebonyi?

Umahi road is a recent road. I am a civil engineer. I know the cause of the break with cement road.

5 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Gerhards: 9:17pm On May 06
FatherOfJesus:
Do I have time for a notorious nairaland riffraff? No, ire oo

You just finished that small rat causing nuisance here everyday

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Racoon(m): 9:24pm On May 06
Humn! This is the fella initiating the coastal highways construction.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by FreeStuffsNG: 9:24pm On May 06
LegendHero:
So what should we do with this news? Some road built with asphalt also get spoilt as we’ve seen in many case.

Cement Roads that Hitech constructed in Lagos are still standing in good condition so I don’t know what’s up with this.
My point exactly! Even the link bridge that connects Ozumba to Falomo bridge that hi-tech donated to LASG is still in great shape and state in spite of its heavy usage and traffic on it.

7 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by ekineme: 9:31pm On May 06
kenny714433:
cry

Keep quiet, you are busy talking rubbish.
From the pictures, the type of failures are Longitudinal cracking and Pumping. None of those failures are related to thermal expansion but poor quality job in joint and inadequate slab thickness.

The thing is that this is not a reinforced concrete road but the coastal road is reinforced so these failures won't be a thing or would be negligible.

That being said, Tinubu should start the Calabar axis or he's busy deceiving himself and would dump the road after Lagos.

The problem with some of you is that you are too insultive, can't you pass your message without insult?
For the sake of information:
Longitudinal crack in concrete pavement is caused by the presence of highly plastic clay( expansive) soils as the subgrade material and changes in the moisture content of these soils due to climatic changes.
Ensure you put yourself in order before quoting me Mr Man.

2. The rigid pavement Umahi constructed was reinforced with Y8 rod which is the primary cause of the thermal expansion due to extreme high temperature.

3. Ebonyi falls under the tropical monsoon region which has alternate high temperature and heavy rainfall, considering the underneath soil is plastic clay, what do you think will happen when the clay absorb water?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Rexymania(m): 9:52pm On May 06
Yahoo yahoo government

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Yankee101: 9:59pm On May 06
Concrete roads crack under the equatorial sun
This man just wants to do deals with the dangotes

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Ezmans: 10:05pm On May 06
triple996:
the new governor is reconstructing the runway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before You Come To Ireland!!! / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.