Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,725 members, 7,834,411 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? (362 Views)

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? / Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) / Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Ken4Christ: 8:46pm On May 09
Muslims claim to be serving the living God. Christians also say the same thing? But there can be only one divine God. Are both serving the same God. If the answer is yes, then both must have the same attributes and the same moral standard. But it doesn't appear to be so.

If they are not the same God. One must be real and the other false. Then what happens to the followers of the false God?

Too many questions begging for answers. Please, let me know your thoughts on this question.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by OJODEL10(m): 8:50pm On May 09
No

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Jashub: 8:52pm On May 09
Muslims and Christians arent serving the same God. Just read through the Quran and you'll see the big differences.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 8:55pm On May 09
Na you know the one wey you dey serve.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 8:56pm On May 09
Jashub:
Muslims and Christians arent serving the same God. Just read through the Quran and you'll see the big differences.

why you think say nor be the same God?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by muyico(m): 9:31pm On May 09
NO! Allah is different from GOD! God isn't allah ,and Allah isn't God!

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Ken4Christ: 10:15pm On May 09
muyico:
NO! Allah is different from GOD! God isn't allah ,and Allah isn't God!

So, which one is the true God?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Jashub: 10:19pm On May 09
Sprinklepee:
why you think say nor be the same God?
Is not that I think...I've read both the bible and Quran , and every narrative within those books tell of a completely different God.

For example, Mary in the Bible is referred as the mother of Jesus who is the cousin of Elizabeth (the mother of John the Baptist), but the Quran calls Mary the mother of Isa( only God knows what that means ) the sister of Aaron(Moses brother ). These are completely different persons .

Secondly , the Quran denies that Jesus is not the son of God , and that God doesn't have a son . Rather it says that all believers (including prophets) are slaves of Allah. On the other hand , the bible calls believers sons and daughters of God...and also affirms that Jesus is God's son

Different concepts ...totally different
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:52am On May 10
The name or mode of worship doesn't matter because for ages Satan and demons often disguise themselves as angels of light {2Corinthians 11:14} when people use the title "GOD" in ancient times each nation has a name they call their GOD {Micah 4:5} yet we all know that the nations are worshiping demons! 1Corinthians 10:20

Whatever any religion claims or the books they're using doesn't matter after all the Jewish religious leaders in the first century had all the inspired writings with them yet Jesus said they're worshipers of Satan! John 8:44

So how can we IDENTIFY religions worshiping the same spirit?
Jesus said:

“Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men" Matthew 7:15-20

Satan is the God behind politics and political ambitions {1John 5:19} he is using politics and racism to turn people against themselves as he wants the entire human race wiped out but he can't just do it by himself because the true God has warned him not to think of destroying mankind out of envy! Job 1:12; 2:6

So Satan is using politics engineered by racism this is the only way humans can continue calling the name of the true God destroying one another {Matthew 15:7-9} yet claiming they're doing God's will thereby defaming the One whose name is LOVE! 1John 4:8

Jesus made it clear that there are just two roads one leading to life and the other leading to destruction {Matthew 7:13-14} those on the broad way are many but only few ones are finding the narrow path to life.

So to IDENTIFY which side you belong think about what motivates your religion and what moves your fellow religionists into action if it's the anxieties of life {Matthew 6:25} then there's no way you can practice your faith without (hating anyone who is hindering you from getting the good things of life you so much desire) even though the person is calling on the same God as you do your thoughts will always be centered on how to get rid of him. The love God commanded in the midst of His worshipers can't work among you! John 13:34-35

So whether you're claiming Muslims, Judaists, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Traditionalists or whatever religion you claim as long as your spiritual sight is blurred by politics {Matthew 6:22-23 compared to 2Corinthians 4:4} Satan is your God he will continue to make you hate your neighbour {Read Mark 12:29-31} and you will either kill or support the killing of those you call "BRETHREN"

God bless you and may you have PEACE!
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by muyico(m): 6:58am On May 10
Ken4Christ:

So, which one is the true God?
GOD!
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 9:03am On May 10
Jashub:
Is not that I think...I've read both the bible and Quran , and every narrative within those books tell of a completely different God.

For example, Mary in the Bible is referred as the mother of Jesus who is the cousin of Elizabeth (the mother of John the Baptist), but the Quran calls Mary the mother of Isa( only God knows what that means ) the sister of Aaron(Moses brother ). These are completely different persons .

Secondly , the Quran denies that Jesus is not the son of God , and that God doesn't have a son . Rather it says that all believers (including prophets) are slaves of Allah. On the other hand , the bible calls believers sons and daughters of God...and also affirms that Jesus is God's son

Different concepts ...totally different
you see what i know is that, muslim have their own beliefs system and ethics likewise christain.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Jashub: 11:46am On May 10
Sprinklepee:
you see what i know is that, muslim have their own beliefs system and ethics likewise christain.
Belief systems doesn't necessarily translate into the belief of the same deity
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 1:34pm On May 10
Jashub:
Belief systems doesn't necessarily translate into the belief of the same deity
yeah i know, christains believe that Jesus christ is the son of God that's their belief, muslim belief in prophet Muhammad(SAW) which was shown a vision by angel gabriel, to the muslim Jesus is a prophet not the son of God, despite that they believe Allah is the greatest, which to christain is God.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Jashub: 3:31pm On May 10
Sprinklepee:
yeah i know, christains believe that Jesus christ is the son of God that's their belief, muslim belief in prophet Muhammad(SAW) which was shown a vision by angel gabriel, to the muslim Jesus is a prophet not the son of God, despite that they believe Allah is the greatest, which to christain is God.
We do not believe in the same god. Get that point straight
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 7:35pm On May 10
Jashub:
We do not believe in the same god. Get that point straight
why do you think so?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Ken4Christ: 9:42pm On May 10
Sprinklepee:
why do you think so?

We don't think so. We know it is so;

Contrasts Between Allah and The True God.

1. You pray to Allah of the Muslim in Arabic language. But you can talk to the God in the Bible in any language.

2. The Allah of the Muslims says that Mohammed is the last Messenger or Prophet of Allah. The God and Father of my Lord Jesus doesn't know Mohammed. And we still have Prophets till date as servants of God though their prophetic role is more of forth telling rather than foretelling.

3. The Allah of the Quran says that Ishmeal is the son he asked Abraham to sacrifice. The God of the Bible says that it's Isaac that he asked Abraham to sacrifice.

4. The Allah of the Muslims said that Jesus didn't die and that he took him alive to heaven. The God of the Bible said he sent his Son to die for us and he did die and rose again.

5. The Allah of the Quran says that Muslims should hate and kill those who don't believe. The God of the Bible says that we should love our enemies.

6. The Allah of the Quran makes his followers servants or slaves. The God of the Bible makes those who believe sons.

7. The Allah of the Quran did not promise or make provision for the salvation of mankind. But the God of the Bible did not only plan our salvation. He executed it through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus.

8. The Allah of the Quran permits men to sleep with women taken captives but the God of the Bible doesn't.

9. The Allah of the Quran promise 72 virgins to those who kill in his name. The God of the Bible says that all murderers will have their part in the Lake of fire. They that do such things cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

10. The Allah of the Quran gave his revelation only to Mohammed. The God of the Bible gave his revelations to several of his Prophets of old and Apostles if Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Jashub: 10:14pm On May 10
Sprinklepee:
why do you think so?
Our Holy books don't agree . Simple
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by KilimanjaroKING: 11:37pm On May 10
we've flogged this matter a thousand times.

well, to me have finally comes to the decision that all religion on earth worships the same God's...

we just only had different perspective's of worship passed by our ancestors unto generations to come. The old testament let us know physical sacrifices like cattle, birds etc, burnt offering where offered to God just like our traditionalist does nowadays...

The God's i guessed just doesn't care how you worship, just be faithful and loyal,. and about the Son & Servant issue with christian & moslem. When Jesus came, he told people his the son of God which the voice of an angel confirmed when he was baptized. so his followers follow suit.

When Mohammed came, he said his a servant of God, so also his followers follow suit. So I don't think this should cause an arguement.

You can choose to be a Child of God, likewise you can choose to be a servant of God. whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Veecruz: 8:54am On May 11
KilimanjaroKING:
we've flogged this matter a thousand times.

well, to me have finally comes to the decision that all religion on earth worships the same God's...

You confuse being under God with serving God

The whole world and everything in it is under God but people serve anything they choose to serve whether themselves (atheism) or other people like footballers/musicians or other things like trees, iron, inventions etc

But no muslims and christians do not serve the same God as is proven by the fact that they are always trying to allign with the christians
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 10:38am On May 11
Jashub:
Our Holy books don't agree . Simple
just dey decieve yourself.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Jashub: 10:40am On May 11
Sprinklepee:
just dey decieve yourself.
Na you dey try deceive yourself .
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by KilimanjaroKING: 3:10pm On May 11
Veecruz:

You confuse being under God with serving God

The whole world and everything in it is under God but people serve anything they choose to serve whether themselves (atheism) or other people like footballers/musicians or other things like trees, iron, inventions etc

But no muslims and christians do not serve the same God as is proven by the fact that they are always trying to allign with the christians

well, everyone has his/her opinion to hold unto 🤷🏽‍♂️

End.

#SHALOM
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Veecruz: 3:20pm On May 11
KilimanjaroKING:

well, everyone has his/her opinion to hold unto 🤷🏽‍♂️

End.

#SHALOM

Sure. But the essence of talking and presenting your opinions is to see if it stands or falls, for you already have and hold your opinion, so why express it since you are already holding it?

But, no wahala, i understand.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 5:36pm On May 11
Jashub:
Na you dey try deceive yourself .
lol. I don't see any differences here.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Iamanoited: 5:55pm On May 11
YES THEY DO BUT IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
CHRISTIANS SERVE GOD LIKE ANOBI ISA (JESUS)
MUSLIMS LIKE LUCIFER WITH CRAFTINESS.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Jashub: 6:21pm On May 11
Sprinklepee:
lol. I don't see any differences here.
That's because you choose not to see it. Infact, your allah is very different from my Yahweh . And they can't possibly be the same deity due to the fact that the hebrews and Christians never worshipped an Allah...rather, Allah was a historical idol worshipped by the idolatrous arabs.

And besides, by mere checking the word Allah, it literally means CURSE in the Hebrew language...so how would Jews or christians accept Allah as their deity? grin
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 6:51pm On May 11
Jashub:
That's because you choose not to see it. Infact, your allah is very different from my Yahweh . And they can't possibly be the same deity due to the fact that the hebrews and Christians never worshipped an Allah...rather, Allah was a historical idol worshipped by the idolatrous arabs.

And besides, by mere checking the word Allah, it literally means CURSE in the Hebrew language...so how would Jews or christians accept Allah as their deity? grin
op na christain i be, you are saying these because you are christian and that's the problem with nigerian christian think they are the only real religion, about the idols u were talking about, that was the period of ignorance(jahilliyah period) when prophet muhammad come, he abolish everything and bring islam to them. So what would you say about buddhism and jewish religion.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 2:05pm On May 12
Ken4Christ:

We don't think so. We know it is so;

Contrasts Between Allah and The True God.

1. You pray to Allah of the Muslim in Arabic language. But you can talk to the God in the Bible in any language.

2. The Allah of the Muslims says that Mohammed is the last Messenger or Prophet of Allah. The God and Father of my Lord Jesus doesn't know Mohammed. And we still have Prophets till date as servants of God though their prophetic role is more of forth telling rather than foretelling.

3. The Allah of the Quran says that Ishmeal is the son he asked Abraham to sacrifice. The God of the Bible says that it's Isaac that he asked Abraham to sacrifice.

4. The Allah of the Muslims said that Jesus didn't die and that he took him alive to heaven. The God of the Bible said he sent his Son to die for us and he did die and rose again.

5. The Allah of the Quran says that Muslims should hate and kill those who don't believe. The God of the Bible says that we should love our enemies.

6. The Allah of the Quran makes his followers servants or slaves. The God of the Bible makes those who believe sons.

7. The Allah of the Quran did not promise or make provision for the salvation of mankind. But the God of the Bible did not only plan our salvation. He executed it through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus.

8. The Allah of the Quran permits men to sleep with women taken captives but the God of the Bible doesn't.

9. The Allah of the Quran promise 72 virgins to those who kill in his name. The God of the Bible says that all murderers will have their part in the Lake of fire. They that do such things cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

10. The Allah of the Quran gave his revelation only to Mohammed. The God of the Bible gave his revelations to several of his Prophets of old and Apostles if Jesus.
so with these lines now, lemme ask you... Who is Allah?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Ken4Christ: 2:54pm On May 12
Sprinklepee:
so with these lines now, lemme ask you... Who is Allah?

You want to hear from my mouth? If he is not the divine God, then you should know who he is. Don't quote me please.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 5:04pm On May 12
Ken4Christ:

You want to hear from my mouth? If he is not the divine God, then you should know who he is. Don't quote me please.
your mind go dey. I nor who he be. Tell me na
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Ken4Christ: 8:55pm On May 12
Sprinklepee:
your mind go dey. I nor who he be. Tell me na
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Serve The Same God? by Sprinklepee: 10:58pm On May 12
Ken4Christ:

You want them to carry me to Sharia court? Please, ask another person.
shey your mind don full now lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waiting For The Perfect Partner. / Leaders And Managers / Spiritual Digest For The Day 22nd Of November 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.