Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,404 members, 7,978,280 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:53 AM

40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa (54241 Views)

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens / Masquerade In London. White Men Wearing Egungun Costume Dance In London Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by jmoore(m): 7:47am On Sep 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJIB1HCc268?si=w-rO9c5lAcOuBW-S

Zulu nation celebrates 40 years of Reed Dance.

Around 40,000 virgins participated in this year Reed dance.

The Reed Dance tradition, which was intended to protect women from rape and promote staying pure until marriage, was started by King Mpande kaSenzangakhona in the 1800s.

King Mpande was inspired to start the Reed Dance after hearing that young women used reeds to defend themselves from men who tried to attack them.

The maidens brought the reeds to the palace, and they were used as a symbol of protection against men who preyed on women. King Mpande decided to have a ceremony to encourage maidens to remain virgins until they were married.

It wasn’t until 1984 that King Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu and Queen Regent Mantfombi kaSobhuza Dlamini-Zulu revived the Reed Dance. Initially, only daughters of the Zulu royal family attended the ceremony.

On Saturday, King Misuzulu kaZwelithini celebrated 40 years since the ceremony was revived.

https://www.snl24.com/dailysun/news/reed-dance-festival-celebrates-40-years-of-zulu-tradition-at-enyokeni-royal-palace-20240912#:~:text=About%2040%20000%20virgins%20are,%2C%20with%20the%20maidens'%20arrival.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by jmoore(m): 7:48am On Sep 16
One of the participants flaunts her certificate of virginity

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by jmoore(m): 7:48am On Sep 16
More pics

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Zonefree(m): 7:51am On Sep 16
The total number of virgin women in Nigeria is not up to 11.

192 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by jmoore(m): 7:51am On Sep 16
The King.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by jmoore(m): 7:52am On Sep 16
Virginity till marriage is cool.

Tear rubber!!!! cool

I must marry a virgin.

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by PlayMaker14: 7:56am On Sep 16
jmoore, is it that you want to end up like Tinubu?

Why are you covering the picture with sticker?

212 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Everyday247: 8:10am On Sep 16
How did they know that they are virgins?

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by richeeyo(m): 8:11am On Sep 16
All this ladies wa don turn gbola to prescription drug
One in the morning
One at noon
One at nigth

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by EyeCumInPeace: 8:13am On Sep 16
Why can't Nigeria emulate this kind of laudable culture.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by DevilsEqual(m): 8:24am On Sep 16
cheesy
Hate aside

SA women are head and shoulder above these rubbish that Nature had cursed us with in this Country

These ones look like pure works of art....Slim body on thick thighs

In the Afterlife, only men that banged fit thick ladies should go to heaven

185 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by jmoore(m): 8:25am On Sep 16
richeeyo:
All this ladies wa don turn gbola to prescription drug
One in the morning
One at noon
One at nigth

Envy don open mouth waaaa!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by DevilsEqual(m): 8:30am On Sep 16
jmoore:
One of the participants flaunts her certificate of virginity

Wow...she's almost Flawless

No be everything be comparison, but ladies that aren't even 30% as pretty as this, are everywhere in Nigeria bragging about getting laid with 20m

Sexual purity tells alot about a woman

178 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by BigBrother9ja: 8:44am On Sep 16
Good
Very beautiful!
When you poke an average Nigerian girl (15-21 years) that's already a WHORÉ with minimum of 3-5 BODYCOUNT now, they'll ask you as a man if you're a virgin too grin grin grin
Shameless whorés.
Where in the world is virginity affiliated to men?
Do men have hymen?
Virginity is a inborn asset for women, while men grow up to work for their own assets...

Nigerians should priotize this type of culture.
JUST LIKE MOST CHURCHES NOW DEMAND FOR MEDICAL COMPATIBILITY TESTS BEFORE WEDDING NOW, VIRGINITY TEST SHOULD BE INCLUDED AS WELL.
A GIRL NOT FOUND TO BE A VIRGIN BEFORE WEDDING SHOULD BE MADE TO FACE SOME DISCIPLINES AND PENALTIES, HER PARENTS SHOULD ALSO BE PENALISED AS WELL FOR RAISING A WHORÉ.

188 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by BigBrother9ja: 8:45am On Sep 16
Sexual purity tells A LOT about a girl's

- personality
- morality
- discipline
- fear of God
- THE TYPE OF HOME SHE CAME OUT FROM AND HOW RESPONSIBLE HER PARENTS ARE - ESPECIALLY HER MOTHER.
ETC.

There's absolutely nothing like LOW BODYCOUNT.
If you're not a virgin, no one alive can know your true BODYCOUNT and 99.9999999% of girls are never honest about the true figure.
So a man with functional brains knows that if you're not a virgin, THEN YOU'RE A WHØRÉ.

A Whørē is not a girl of good value
A Whørē DOESN'T DESERVE full brideprice...
When you marry a Whørē, NEVER SLEEP WITH YOUR TWO EYES CLOSED....

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR A FÓOL...

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by PerfectStranger(m): 8:50am On Sep 16
Zonefree:
Bros for where u wan see virgins for this tinubu wicked administration grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Carcholce: 9:21am On Sep 16
EyeCumInPeace:

The same people that are against DNA testing? grin

16 Likes

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Kobicove(m): 9:26am On Sep 16
I would love to attend the event at least once in my lifetime cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by TheBreastSucker(m): 9:29am On Sep 16
Oh lawd see breasts everywhere grin

Please you people should invite me to next year's ceremony so I can come and suck breasts to my heart's content grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:30am On Sep 16
Zonefree:
grin grin grin cheesy wink undecided
Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Zonefree(m): 10:34am On Sep 16
EyeCumInPeace:
The culture is about virginity.

How many virgins remain for Nigeria? undecided

Softmirror:
😂😂😂😂 Virgins in the land of HIV and AIDS?! cry

Lol 😂.

It's not funny. Yet can't help but to laugh out loud how men can be easily deceived because majority are not wise.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
See them. Typical unemployed non virgin broke unattractive Nigerian girl. Full of envy!

Tueh!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Zonefree(m): 10:37am On Sep 16
PlayMaker14:
jmoore, is it that you want to end up like Tinubu?

Why are you covering the picture with sticker?
Someone like jmoore always finds it difficult to get favour from the Lord.

Why blur the photos for krissake? cry cry

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Softmirror: 10:45am On Sep 16
😂😂😂😂 Virgins in the land of HIV and AIDS?! cry

Lol 😂.

It's not funny. Yet can't help but to laugh out loud how men can be easily deceived because majority are not wise.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by richeeyo(m): 11:16am On Sep 16
jmoore:

Envy don open mouth waaaa!
Try they reason
Where is the Envy in virgins
You see say u no get anything for head

5 Likes

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Ngwamankillyou2(m): 11:55am On Sep 16
Zonefree:
to

In Nigeria or from your tribe.

Always talking as if Nigeria is made up of one lose tribe like yours.

10 Likes

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by KingNom(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16
Chastity is a great virtue

To secure yourself for now and eternity, please read:

Do you know that you are to live/exist forever, even after putting off your body (i.e death)?

A Human being is actually a spirit residing in a body. Dead body means the person inside (who is a spirit) has left, to meet God for his/her just reward.

To get set/saved for Now and WHEN you will leave your body;
Please accept Jesus into Your Heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY and live for Him!

You are not promised tomorrow!

There's no other Perfect sacrifice for Your sin (they must be paid for before the God Almighty of Justice) except that of Jesus. Acts 4:12

Adam's sin nature, which you inherited through bloodline and your sins, have been fully paid for/handled by God's Eternal Word who became a man, Jesus. He died in your place (God's mercy) and rose with eternal life for you. John 3:16

TO GET SAVED, PLEASE SAY OUT LOUD:
Dear Loving God, I thank You that Jesus died and rose for my salvation. I declare Jesus my Lord and Saviour and receive eternal life into my heart TODAY! Thank You for washing my sins away and lovingly making me brand new, your child in Jesus Name, Amen! (Romans 10:9-10, John 1:12-14)

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a Righteous Child of God! Kindly google, get/download and study the Bible and Rhapsody of Realities regularly. (1Peter 2:1-4)

Please message me for more information. God Bless You!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Talkisneeded: 12:41pm On Sep 16
Amazing, really amazing....

I sell herbs sha
Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by PlayMaker14: 12:57pm On Sep 16
Zonefree:

Someone like jmoore always finds it difficult to get favour from the Lord.

Why blur the photos for krissake? cry cry
grin

1 Like

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by advanceDNA: 1:51pm On Sep 16
Zonefree:

I took like vawulence... grin grin grin grin
Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Tallesty1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16
Zonefree:
Virgin also means young woman of marriageable age.

2 Likes

Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by Bazztadewu: 2:04pm On Sep 16
Baby,baby...ah ah hada,ah.baby I'm at the junction, I want 2cum....
Re: 40,000 Virgins Participate In 40th Anniversary Of Reed Dance In South Africa by SaintBishop: 2:33pm On Sep 16
All these old evening news paper are virgins? barbaric culture....

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Origin Of Urhobo People / Okenegoro: Sex Slavery In Cross River State (money Wives) Public Eye Episode 5 / An Encyclopedia Of Animals In Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.