Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,000 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) (13029 Views)

A Nairalander's Visit To Knowsley Safari Park In Liverpool / Lagos Launches Uber Boat To Ease Transportation (Pictures) / The Beauty Of A Kenyan Safari . Here's My Journey In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 2:36pm
Uber is now offering a ‘Safari’ option for customers in Cape Town as part of its ‘Go Anywhere’ limited-edition travel products.

Uber Safari will be exclusively available on the company’s app from October 1 to February 1, offering people in Cape Town a day trip to look to see the big five (lions, elephants, buffaloes, leopards, and rhinos).

Uber has partnered with Aquila Private Game Reserve, one of the country’s most famous wildlife conservancies, which is about two hours from the City.

“We’ve designed our ‘Go Anywhere’ series to help our customers book bucket list adventures with the Uber convenience they know and love,” said Frans Hiemstra, Regional General Manager of Uber in the Middle East and Africa.

“With Uber Safari – one of our wildest offerings to date – our Reserve technology makes it easier than ever to unlock an epic South African travel experience.”

The full-day trip includes a pickup in Cape Town in an Uber Safari-branded vehicle.

Upon arrival at Aquila, guests will receive a welcome toast and lunch before boarding a traditional safari vehicle that has experienced game rangers and field guides.

Uber said that guides will ensure guests have the best opportunity to see the big five.

After the game drive, riders will have access to Aquila’s picturesque grounds before returning to Cape Town.

“We’re excited to partner with Uber to extend our bucket list wildlife experiences to their customers,” said Johan van Schalkwyk, Commercial Officer of Aquila Collection.

“Uber Safari allows folks to book and enjoy an unforgettable day at Aquila, where they’ll get to experience the Big 5 in an easy and luxurious way.”

“It’s the perfect combination of modern convenience and natural beauty, all while supporting wildlife conservation efforts that are vital to preserving South Africa’s biodiversity.”

Reservations for the season will become available in the Uber app on October 1 and can be booked 24 hours to 90 days in advance.

Uber Safari will run on Fridays and Saturdays until February 1, and it costs a $200 (roughly R3,500, N334,000) flat fee. It can accommodate up to four guests.

With the availability of trips expected to be limited, riders are encouraged to book in advance.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/motoring/792924/uber-now-offering-safari-rides-in-south-africa/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Sepukku: 2:50pm
Tomorrow you will say you are not trying to make money off nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:01pm
Sepukku:
Tomorrow you will say you are not trying to make money off nairaland.

And how's that done? Give me tips 😝

2 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:07pm
WannaHowzit:

You want me to educate you on making money like those township rats that don't know how to dominate their own township economies.

I can't empower the enemy.

13 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:09pm
Sepukku:

You want me to educate you on making money like those township rats that don't know how to dominate their own township economies.

I can't empower the enemy.

Empower yourself first by learning the meaning of sarcasm.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:15pm
WannaHowzit:

Empower yourself first by learning the meaning of sarcasm.

Come now, you weren't being facetious in anyway, more of a mockery in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:21pm
Sepukku:

Come now, you weren't being facetious in anyway, more of a mockery in my opinion.

You mean after hundreds of frontpage threads I wouldn't know how to monetize that - and instead ask you with your 2 dead threads how it's done? You think very highly of yourself neh👎🏾😂😂😂

14 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:30pm
WannaHowzit:

You mean after hundreds of frontpage threads I wouldn't know how to monetize that - and instead ask you with your 2 dead threads how it's done? You think very highly of yourself neh👎🏾😂😂😂

You are projecting. I am not a product of bantu education so I can only estimate your intelligence level based on that antecedence, neh!

Ps. All you need do is run a search on nairaland and Morpheus's thread antecedence will be revealed.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:54pm
Sepukku:

You are projecting. I am not a product of bantu education so I can only estimate your intelligence level based on that antecedence, neh!

Ps. All you need do is run a search on nairaland and Morpheus's thread antecedence will be revealed.

See ego failing its master 👎🏾😂😂😂 So you finally admit you're Morpheus101 and blew your cover? Talk about bantu education. Mods, come see something o 😂😂😂😂

4 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Sepukku: 4:09pm
WannaHowzit:

See ego failing its master 👎🏾😂😂😂 So you finally admit you're Morpheus101 and blew your cover? Talk about bantu education. Mods, come see something o 😂😂😂😂

Seppuku has always been Morpheus24 and Morphues 101

it doesn't matter what "shell" I assume.

What matters is that the Matrix has you.

Free your mind!

6 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:13pm
Sepukku:

Seppuku has always been Morpheus24 and Morphues 101

it doesn't matter what shell I assume.

What matters is that the Matrix has you.

Free your mind!

You have derailed my thread enough, do you have something to say about Uber Safari or forever hold your peace.

2 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Sepukku: 4:14pm
WannaHowzit:

You have derailed my thread enough, do you have something to say about Uber Safari or forever hold your peace.

I forever hold my peace.

Carry on.

11 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Godwin4444: 4:23pm
Wait first, hope say no b d benz shallipopi n Tonto dike take Dey oppress men b dat?

It better not b, make I go observe am well

Instead make that Nigerian guy up there dey observe he dey argue Wetin no concern am, some people like quarrel pass fight

2 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Alaga2222(m): 5:16pm
Nah the Benz oooo me sef just finished to observe ham o
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Omoawoke: 6:11pm
White South Africans doing well!

2 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by BlackfireX: 7:48pm
If una provoke us again walahi we will transfer our anger on you by ordering your user to where lions and crocodiles 🐊 are expecting there meals

grin

Respect yourself o

17 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:21pm
Uber Sambisa loading in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Myrrhis: 8:21pm
WannaHowzit:

I hope you'll keep yourself in check this time, and not allow your mouth fingers run.

2 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by meobizy(f): 8:22pm
Look at the sum in rands. Now look at the sum in Naira. Doesn’t it make sense that a state of the art Benz will be used for transportation? Fucking dummies in this Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Chikel20000(m): 8:23pm
Copy copy
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Richardteea: 8:24pm
I love sa

1 Like

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by thatsleepboy1: 8:25pm
Na wa o
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Nazgul: 8:28pm
Imagine that sleek ride taking you to and fro on a 24 hour safari journey... It's definitely going to be an experience.

Most Uber and Bolt cars on Lagos roads are just scrap. Majority of them use car models of 20 years old and above. I remember entering one Uber ride last month with a friend. The driver was using a 2003 camry big daddy. As we entered he told us not to be offended that his AC isn't working.

We just jejely came down from the car, canceled the ride and proceeded to book another ride. Imagine entering an Uber from Gbagada to Lekki2 on a hot Sunday afternoon and you want us to pay you almost 10k for a car without AC, isn't that robbery?

We need to learn how to do business in this country. Most business owners are just interested in making money with zero regard about the comfort of their customers. Forgetting that customers would pay more once their comfort is guaranteed.

3 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by bluepreek(m): 8:30pm
Nigerians go soon begin place order wey go lead the Uber drivers straight to the mouth of lions grin

7 Likes

Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Magnumproperty: 8:31pm
Nice concept tho
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by chukwuibuipob: 8:36pm
cool cool
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by sofeo(m): 8:38pm
Alright
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by OgaTheTop2: 8:38pm
cheesy
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by victorazy(m): 8:47pm
Ok
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by Klchnjoku: 8:51pm
NIgerian jollofina's can only dream of this. Empty gaint of Africa.

Every Nigerian should leave our country and go back to their cesspit
Re: SA Launches 'Uber Safari' - Including Branded Luxury Vehicles (PICS) by SmartPolician: 8:56pm
How does this need concern Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

1 Million For Visa To Canada Or Stay Back In Nigeria / Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk / Traveling To Turkey With E-visa

Viewing this topic: SVPROJECT(m), nosa2(m), Praxis758, Missambitious(f), Madmazel99(m), ViktorCash, tayor3(m), Yadaddy(m), OgogoroDegree, erniok(m), gracealonev, skyoboy(m), jubrilELsudan, MrTed(m), obidevine(m), PencilBox, scolo20(m), TheGameYard(m), Burchester, viodemus, teamb, majekobaje1, jokerr(m), Olatunde10(m) and 48 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.