Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,675 members, 7,965,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:19 PM

Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business (2156 Views)

RATTAWU Receives Palliatives From Enugu Government / Account Freezing: Akwa Ibom State Government Slams N50b Suit On EFCC / "Martin Elechi, The Elder With Reproach" - Ebonyi Government Slams Ex Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Tabithatim: 1:21pm
The Enugu State Government has described as mischievous and fake news, a report, which claimed that the state ranked 36th out of 36 states of Nigeria in an Ease of Doing Business Subnational Survey carried out by the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council, PEBEC.

The rebuttal was made by the Enugu State Focal Person on Ease of Doing Business and Managing Director of Enugu State Investment Development Authority, Dr. Sam Ogbu-Nwobodo, on Wednesday.

[B]Ogbu-Nwobodo, who is also a member of the PEBEC-NEC Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) Technical Working Group (TWG), representing Southeast region, explained that the first ever Subnational Baseline Survey and Ranking was released by PEBEC in 2021, followed by the second edition released on Monday, March 27, 2023, more than two months before Dr. Peter Mbah was sworn in as governor on May 29, 2023, while the third edition is due in March 2025.[/b]

He, therefore, wondered how those behind the fake report came about the purported new Ease of Doing Business ranking of Enugu State, describing it as “a fake report from the pit of hell and coven of bitter political losers.”

Puncturing the report further, the MD explained that whereas Subnational Baseline Survey measures only six indicators, the offensive report referred to 10 indicators, including economic and social indices, which he said, were never part of the survey.

He further explained: “The subnational Baseline Survey measures state performances against six indicators and not the ten so-called ‘Key Economic and Social Indices’ mentioned in the report.

“The official indicators are infrastructure, which covers electricity, transportation, logistics, telecoms, internet and digital access; security, which measures secure and stable environment; transparency and accessibility of information; regulatory environment, which measures business registration, license renewal, contract enforcement, land and property acquisition and taxation; skills and labour, including expertise and talent; and economic opportunity.”

The Managing Director added that contrary to the report, the Governor Mbah Administration had improved Ease of Doing Business in Enugu State, a fact, he said, has been variously confessed by both local and foreign investors as well as diplomats.

He said that the over N300bn worth of investments garnered by Enugu State in the last three months was a testimony to the fast-rising investors’ confidence in the state under Mbah’s leadership.

His words: “Upon assumption of office, Governor Mbah adopted a structured and systematic approach to enabling business climate reforms as the bedrock of the ongoing economic renaissance aimed at growing the state’s GDP from $4.4bn to $30bn in eight years.

“This was demonstrated by the issue of Executive Order 003 by the governor minutes after his inauguration on May 29, 2023. The order was further expanded by Executive Order 005 on Promotion of Economic Growth through Transparency and Efficiency in Government Service Provision and Ease of Investment in Enugu State.

“Consequently, the administration purposefully embarked on the most groundbreaking business-enabling reform initiatives ever witnessed in the state.

“These are evident in the areas of security, infrastructure development, urban renewal, e-governance, economic diversification and industrialisation as well as the revitalisation of some of the moribund government-owned enterprises and various other initiatives for improved efficiency in government services and enhanced transparency and accountability.”

The government faulted claims of over-taxation in the state by the opposition, explaining that it did not increase tax, but only widened the tax net, checkmated tax evasion, while also introducing e-payment to plug leakages in revenue collection.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/10/03/enugu-govt-slams-fake-report-on-states-ease-of-doing-business/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by OgaTheTop2: 2:06pm
Enugu, of all States... The coal city of the nation .

Indeed, a mischievous and fake news.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by FacelessKing: 2:06pm
The problem I have with this is that Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council, PEBEC is giving a ranking of state’s ease of doing business.

Is this ranking done for the local or foreign businessmen? What is the aim and purpose of this?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Mopolchi: 2:06pm
Mba is not doing well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by GenghisCan(m): 2:07pm
The
Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by zombieHUNTER: 2:09pm
Mopolchi:
Mba is not doing well

miles better than Ugwuanyi though

If Efcc was effective

Ifeanyi ugwuanyi should be in jail for raping Enugu for eight years

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by maxiuc(m): 2:09pm
grin cheesy
Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by kelechiodo(m): 2:10pm
Mopolchi:
Mba is not doing well
He is working hard.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Raydden(m): 2:11pm
Hmm problem dey
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design
Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by crestedaguiyi: 2:12pm
Mbah should focus on the goal post.

That report is demarketing the state and even the entire region
Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:13pm
Instead of taking notes and making amends, the foòls are busy "slamming"

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Smartcitizen: 2:16pm
Useless government, when you were tasking solar systems up and down you want the world to be clapping for you.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Jame5jre: 2:22pm
:

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Typing: 2:30pm
The report is correct.
The worst States to do business are:
1- Enugu
2- Abia
3- Anambra
4- Imo

If you go do these States to do business, the probability of you coming back alive or without getting robbed/kidnapped is very slim.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:48pm
Typing:
The report is correct.
The worst States to do business are:
1- Enugu
2- Abia
3- Anambra
4- Imo

If you go do these States to do business, the probability of you coming back alive or without getting robbed/kidnapped is very slim.

What chance did Enugu have when the the entire federal gov’t and its agencies are filled with emilokans like you, and those subservient to them! It’s obvious this was a hatchet job, done to demarket the state!

Governor Mbah has been doing well, and that’s not a accolade i hand out willy-nilly! His efforts were bound to attract the negative attention and envy of supremacist Igbo-haters like you who bristle with anger when anyone or anything connected to Ndigbo receives accolades and commendation!

No honest person that’s true to themselves and who has been following events in governance in Enugu since Mbah took over, will agree with that 36th ranking! Those responsible overplayed their hand and revealed their true evil intentions by ranking Enugu 36th!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Typing: 2:52pm
LOVEALAIGBO:

What chance did Enugu have when the the entire federal gov’t and its agencies are their true evil intentions by ranking Enugu 36th!

Stop speaking big big grammar. The ranking is correct. I know Enugu like the back of my hand.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by AntiChristian: 2:56pm
Why not publish your own report?
Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:56pm
When i keep on warning Ndigbo not to get too comfortable with ‘one Nigeria’ i know what i’m banging on about!

NDIGBO WILL NEVER BE FULLY SAFE, SECURE AND FREE TO USE OUR OWN RESOURCES TO REACH OUR FULL POTENTIAL WHILE SHARING THE SAME COUNTRY WITH TWO GROUPS IN PARTICULAR, AND WHILE HELD DOWN BY THE PRESENT POLITICAL-ECONOMY AND STATUS-QUO! The envy, hatred and sabotage is just too much!
Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by stp211: 3:25pm
Raydden:
Hmm problem dey
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design
there is problem is the Land

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Ezennia101(m): 3:31pm
Typing:

Stop speaking big big grammar. The ranking is correct. I know Enugu like the back of my hand.

That means your hand doesn't have back simple.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by goslowgoslow(m): 3:52pm
I don't believe that Enugu is the worst, Enugu is a very good state to live. The rest of course are accurate.
Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by Wickedfact: 3:55pm
zombieHUNTER:

miles better than Ugwuanyi though

If Efcc was effective

Ifeanyi ugwuanyi should be in jail for raping Enugu for eight years

Enugu is in hands of God grin

Where is that fellow called Amoke Louis AKA Oepheus

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Slams Report On State’s Ease Of Doing Business by goslowgoslow(m): 3:56pm
LOVEALAIGBO:
When i keep on warning Ndigbo not to get too comfortable with ‘one Nigeria’ i know what i’m banging on about!

NDIGBO WILL NEVER BE FULLY SAFE, SECURE AND FREE TO USE OUR OWN RESOURCES TO REACH OUR FULL POTENTIAL WHILE SHARING THE SAME COUNTRY WITH TWO GROUPS IN PARTICULAR, AND WHILE HELD DOWN BY THE PRESENT POLITICAL-ECONOMY AND STATUS-QUO! The envy, hatred and sabotage is just too much!
Stop your tribal ranting, I am Yoruba who have lived between SE and SS for 27 years. I can categorically tell you that as far as Enugu is concerned that is NOT true. Enugu is the best place in Igbo land. As for the rest I totally agree especially Abia State.

(1) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje / Lucky Igbinedion A Big Thief Check Out This Site Http://www.luckyigbinedion.info / Arm Robbery In Ghana

Viewing this topic: princepee, obilli, nony43(m), chosen6(f), ZUBY77(m), Maurindo(m), LOVEALAIGBO, Uselessigbos and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.