Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,765 members, 7,969,247 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs (11517 Views)

Tinubu Orders Massive Fixing Of Federal Roads Nationwide (list) / Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN / Sowore's Party, AAC Records Massive Wins Over PDP In Two Rivers LGAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Notjustzaki(m): 5:25pm
President Bola Tinubu has broken his silence on the ongoing crisis in Rivers State, calling on political stakeholders to exercise caution.

Tinubu has been silent about the Rivers situation since the intervention he made fell through last year.

The warring camps had returned to the battle field months after the president summoned stakeholders to the Presidential Villa in Abuja, with a view to settling the dispute.

In a statement which Bayo Onanuga, his spokesman, issued on his behalf, the president directed the police to maintain order and secure local government workers.

He also said issues arising from Saturday’s local government election could be resolved in court.

“In response to recent tensions following last Saturday’s local government council election, the President expressed deep concern over reports of arson and explosions in the state.”

He urged all political actors to de-escalate the situation and discourage their supporters from engaging in violence or destructive actions.

President Tinubu directed the police to restore and maintain peace, law, and order immediately.

While instructing law enforcement agencies to bring the situation under control, he emphasised the need to ensure the security of public institutions.

“President Tinubu said government facilities built with public funds must be safeguarded from vandalism.

“He stressed that self-help has no place in a democratic system, especially after 25 years of continuous democracy.

“According to President Tinubu, the judiciary can settle all political disputes, and the outcome of this election should be no exception.”

At least three Local Government secretariats have been torched by suspected hoodlums in the last few hours.

Eleme, Ikwere and Emouha are among the secretariats that were destroyed by the hoodlums following the victory of Action Peoples Party (APP) in the LGA election.

Governor Siminalayi Fubara, who is locked in a fierce battle with Nyesom Wike, Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), had sworn in 23 Local Government Chairmen on Sunday.

Subsequently, Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun, relaxed the 3-month siege at the secretariats.

The IGP had deployed his men to the secretariats after supporters of Wike and Fubara clashed in June.

But after the policemen left, hoodlums trooped to various secretariats where supporters of the strongmen of Rivers politics clashed.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-tinubu-breaks-silence-on-rivers-crisis-asks-police-to-maintain-order/

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by yyba: 5:30pm
The governor won't like it, he is promoting violence so that he can blame IGP and WIKE for insecurity in the state.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Salewa97: 6:08pm
Toh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by tundegan: 6:08pm
This is a big win for democracy.

Tinubu is the best president Nigeria ever had.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Judolisco(m): 9:02pm
Na so dis fubara go use 2 yrs fight wike oh...ino say make uno fight oh, fight and work.... When they wanted to impeach you, d state house of assembly suddenly went up in flames, now local government offices are suddenly going up in flames as well....

I'm not saying you're d one burning them oh... But as d chief security officer of your state, take responsibility before d whole state would go up in flames.... Wike is no longer d governor, u can't keep blaming him

Infrastructure dat you didn't build, you'll send people to burn it, later you'll be shouting dat northerners are using your money to develop their states.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Afonja44: 9:02pm
The fact that an IGP refused to deliver his job to a particular demographic is grounds for dismissal.

Even the democrat-controlled US supplied secret service agents to their bitter rival, Trump.

This IGP must not have completed nursery school.
He is immature.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:02pm
Hiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Vineyard1: 9:02pm
Dear everyone, please forgive me for doing this but it seems that I have no choice. I'm typing this with tears in my eyes and with a very heavy heart. I'm doing this for my little girl who is asthmatic, I have exhausted my savings to buy her Seretide inhaler but at this point it has become too expensive to afford. I work two jobs to provide for my family but it never seem to be enough and as it stands I have exhausted all channels with which I can borrow money to buy it. It is sold for 18,500 but anything we can lay our hands on is perfectly okay please. Even 1k will go a long way to keep my baby girl alive please. Please my family, am on my knees, I am pleading for assistance to save my daughters life. I beg you in God's name please.. Any well meaning Nigerian whom God has touched their heart to help us, please help us. May the Almighty GOD bless all you lay your fingers on, amen.

10 25 02 57 87. First City Monument Bank (fcmb)
May God bless you immensely ❤ 🙏

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by jubrilELsudan: 9:02pm
NOW THIS IS THE JAGAGBAN THAT WE KNOW

HE HANDLES HIS BUSINESS AND DOESN'T ENTERTAIN NONESENSE

WIKE AND THAT IGP MUST START PACKING THEIR LOAD CAUSE THE JAGAGBAN IS BACK TO SET THINGS STRAIGHT

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by TheDemola: 9:02pm
The blood of the dead is on you and Wike for playing with the loves of Rivers people

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by 5starmilitant: 9:03pm
yyba:
The governor won't like it, he is promoting violence so that he can blame IGP and WIKE for insecurity in the state.

Wasted sperm. Tuehhhhh

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Hcspace: 9:04pm
Better
Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by gaskiyamagana: 9:04pm
yyba:
Shut up.
You and your wiked wike are gone for ever in River, no matter any violence you orchestrated.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Postmusic: 9:04pm
Ok

..pi..Coins Needed at rate of 900 per one
Check my signature for contact and if you are in Lagos we can meet and if you are not in Lagos we can transact online

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Ndistar: 9:04pm
yyba:

FOOL

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by JAWBONE(m): 9:04pm
The useless happy slaves are already hailing Tinubu after he watched thinking Fubara will roll like a doormat.

The drug lord is not familiar with this kind of opposition to godfatherism.

He thinks Fubara is Ambode 2.0.

Now he has capitulated and done what he should have done a long time ago

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by id4sho(m): 9:05pm
Tinubu needs Rivers votes tongue

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Hemanwel(m): 9:05pm
Atiku, Kwankwaso, Peter Obi, and El-Rufai should help the Nigerian masses to form a united opposition in 2027. The only assurance of winning in 2027 the demonic T-pain that is currently in power has is a divided and disunited opposition. Tinubu is going to plant moles in all the opposition parties, in order to achieve this. They should be aware.

People like Wike and Reno, and many others are moles in the PDP. Let that sink in!

Words on the streets is that Tinubu must go in 2027! People are hungry and angry!

9 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by imiski(m): 9:05pm
Make dem keep their police P.H men full ground, security no be problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by BoldBrainz(m): 9:06pm
😆.

Even T-pain with his penchant for violence and godfatherism knows that it is going to be the undoing of his government if Rivers state erupts in full-blown chaos.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by chrisxxx(m): 9:06pm
yyba:
He demonstrated precedent of what is happening when he burnt down the HoA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by 5starmilitant: 9:07pm
T-pain should not just order the police to return to the state, he should order Wike to leave the state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by canalily(m): 9:07pm
No matter how wike tries...he can never break our MTN SIM in Rivers....he can only take fish....tinibu tell ur guy to leave Rivers and live on the mountains he chooses to stay on at Abuja ooooo 😯😯😯😯😯

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:07pm
I love fubara , na men him be, men are mounted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Bandakisk: 9:07pm
10 Prayers to Break Soul ties

https://aboutpastors.com/10-prayers-to-break-soul-ties/Unhealthy Soul Ties

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to you today with a heavy heart, seeking your help to break free from the unhealthy soul ties that have been holding me back. I know that these ties have been formed through my interactions with others, but I realize now that they are not of you. They have brought me pain, confusion, and have hindered my personal growth.

I pray that you would guide me in understanding the true nature of these soul ties. Help me to see how they have affected my life and how they have kept me from living the life you have planned for me. I ask that you would reveal to me any areas where I have given my heart to things that are not of you.

In your word, you say, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28). I am weary and burdened, Lord. I need your rest and your peace. I ask that you would give me the strength to let go of these unhealthy soul ties and to move forward in my journey with you.

I pray for your healing and your release. Help me to break free from these ties and to find my true identity in you. I know that you are my rock, my refuge, and my strength. I trust in you to guide me through this process and to bring me peace and joy. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Bible Verses
Matthew 11:28: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
Psalm 119:105: “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by news247: 9:08pm
How you take buy phone and data?

yyba:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by chukwuibuipob: 9:09pm
cool
Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Lamasta(m): 9:10pm
Wike should learn from Oshiomhole, everything is not violence when your godson chose not to follow your path again

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by etrouble: 9:11pm
We are watching
Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by yyba: 9:11pm
news247:
How you take buy phone and data?

ok
Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Chikel20000(m): 9:11pm
Get lost
Re: President Tinubu Orders Police To Return & Provide Security To Rivers LGAs by Barteze: 9:11pm
Notjustzaki:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-tinubu-breaks-silence-on-rivers-crisis-asks-police-to-maintain-order/
Hmm! So we're finally back in the days as it was during Ya'radu era were instructions and directives were issued by anybody in the president's name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) / Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State / Ekiti Workers Serve Fayose Strike Notice, Demand Information On IGR

Viewing this topic: Olusola147(m), sirBLUNT, Sampao, ideylaff, Sonofjesus123(m), Arowolo4real(m), Sundrus, Ahumokwu4real, Scholarzy(m), Ajebaba(m), AMKAG66(m), Namzy(m), muchmonie2016(m), ChikeGreat, philbad(m), IkeGod9891(m), betfair(m), dykedarlyn(m), sirojoegbe(m), chyeexcel, UltimatedeBest(m), Chibyke4real, Ayomat37(m), coldcandy, Macill23(m), bzion1, DOINGS2022, Fiorinaclinton, IfnobeGod20 and 70 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.