Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,607 members, 7,975,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:20 AM

Again, National Grid Collapses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, National Grid Collapses (10300 Views)

Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, National Grid Collapses by treesun: 8:48pm On Oct 14
The national electricity grid has collapsed again, The PUNCH reports.

The grid collapsed at about 6:18 pm on Monday, leaving Nigerians in darkness.

Checks by our correspondent confirmed that power generation dropped from 3.87 gigawatts at 5 pm to 3.56GW at 6 pm and 0.00GW at 7 pm and 8 pm.

The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company confirmed the grid collapse in a statement on Monday evening.

The EEDC informed its customers “of a general system collapse that occurred at 18:48 hours today, 14th October 2024,” saying this has resulted in the loss of supply currently being experienced across the EEDC network.

“Consequently, due to this development, all our interface TCN stations are out of supply, and we are unable to provide services to our customers in Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo States.

“We are on standby awaiting detailed information of the collapse and restoration of supply from the National Control Centre (NCC), Osogbo,” the EEDC stated in the statement signed by the Head of Corporate Communications, Emeka Ezeh.

The Abuja Disco also said, “Dear Valued Customer, Please be informed that the power outage being experienced is due to a system failure from the national grid at 6:58 pm today, affecting the power supply to our franchise areas.

“Rest assured, we are working with the relevant stakeholders to restore power as soon as the grid is stabilised. Thank you for your understanding.”

https://punchng.com/just-in-again-national-grid-collapses/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Jokerman(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14
Chai.

And fuel too cost to buy o... So na darkness be this now??

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Samuel1106(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14
T-PAIN ON THE BEAT.

83 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by treesun: 8:50pm On Oct 14
Nlfpmod, this is serious!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by richmond500: 8:50pm On Oct 14
No wonder they took the light this evening.
This national grid is just greedy with light

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Parishioner: 8:51pm On Oct 14
Theres really no hope at this point

1 Like

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by BarrNosaEsq: 8:54pm On Oct 14
Samuel1106:
T-PAIN ON THE BEAT.

Which beat? You people need to stop making light of dire situations with this stupid comment.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by illicit(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14
NAIJA

1 Like

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by iwaeda: 9:00pm On Oct 14
It is finished Nlfpmod. I am under Band A, but no light since 10 am. I doubt how Minister of darkness came about 40 percent twenty hours light. grin grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by treesun: 9:06pm On Oct 14
This country is really a joke, people paying for darkness!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by JAOS(m): 9:08pm On Oct 14
😀we still have light here
States should generate their own electricity to avoid this national grid whahala

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by treesun: 9:09pm On Oct 14
JAOS:
😀we still have light here
States should generate their own electricity to avoid this national grid whahala
Which state is that!

8 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by JoeyNaza: 9:11pm On Oct 14
treesun:
The national electricity grid has collapsed again, The PUNCH reports.

https://punchng.com/just-in-again-national-grid-collapses/

Where do you get that attached picture from, like the site so that I can stay updated too
Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by JAOS(m): 9:14pm On Oct 14
treesun:

Which state is that!
Akwa Ibom

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by LordAdam16: 9:33pm On Oct 14
JoeyNaza:

Where do you get that attached picture from, like the site so that I can stay updated too

https://niggrid.org/DisCoLoadProfile

-Lord

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Rainer123: 9:38pm On Oct 14
Dear everyone, please forgive me for doing this but it seems that I have no choice. I'm typing this with tears in my eyes and with a very heavy heart. I'm doing this for my little girl who is asthmatic, I have exhausted my savings to buy her Seretide inhaler but at this point it has become too expensive to afford. I work two jobs to provide for my family but it never seem to be enough and as it stands I have exhausted all channels with which I can borrow money to buy it. It is sold for 18,500 but anything we can lay our hands on is perfectly okay please. Even 1k will go a long way to keep my baby girl alive please. Please my family, am on my knees, I am pleading for assistance to save my daughters life. I beg you in God's name please.. Any well meaning Nigerian whom God has touched their heart to help us, please help us. May the Almighty GOD bless all you lay your fingers on, amen.

10 25 02 57 87. First City Monument Bank (fcmb)
May God bless you immensely ❤ 🙏

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by toprealman: 9:38pm On Oct 14
Tinubu is the worts human to be called a president!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Skydivine: 9:38pm On Oct 14
What is not collapsed in Nigeria under T-Pain?

8 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Godfullsam(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14
Ok
Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Twoclans(f): 9:39pm On Oct 14
This is not just a collapse it has entered comatose

5 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by MrPresident1: 9:39pm On Oct 14
Gridlock in the national grid. So, if Nigeria is still having gridlock collapse in 2024, how exactly has American and British helped us all these years, or is there gridlock in American?

2 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by kennyz247(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14
It's normal , nothing new again about collapse of national grid under T-pain

4 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Achor1111(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14
This is the end of the tunnel, still no light.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Racoon(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14
Nothing works right under this failed government

3 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by meobizy(f): 9:40pm On Oct 14
The grid has bed sores. Imminent death in three days. I pity una.
Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by omoredia: 9:40pm On Oct 14
Na wetin make Libya do us woto woto. UseIess country with useIess citizens and over-useIess leaders

14 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14
Na wa
Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by 43Ronin: 9:41pm On Oct 14
Can any good thing emanate from T-pain? Fuel too expensive to buy now no light. Anyway Tpain told us he will continue from where buhari stopped

8 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Kelklein(m): 9:41pm On Oct 14
What this people can't destroy doesn't exist..

The opposition always quick to jump on the failure of the ruling class.. Hello!! all of you all ruling class are crass failures and should all be ashamed of yourselves..

4 Likes

Re: Again, National Grid Collapses by Onyeobie: 9:41pm On Oct 14
But light dey my side

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof. Sagay Is The Most Inconsistent Nigerian - Odumakin / 2023 Elections: IGP Orders Restriction Of Movement On Election Day. / Air Force Denies Locating Missing Chibok Girls

Viewing this topic: Easybet1(m), TemitayoMark, Obalola2010(m), Thatsammie(m), Efep, Kobojunkie, Ismaxtr3(m), Dioxidane, Shadomaan7, Ishilove, spartachico(m), baaliyah(m) and 47 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.