Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

#occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released (17143 Views)

How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account / #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. / What You Should Know If Arrested While Protesting In Nigeria #occupynigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by MrGlobe(m): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
Perhaps the hackers can now be taken seriously. They have unleashed a cyber attack on govt officials and websites. Already the federal Ministry of Transport Site has been hacked http://fmt.gov.ng
they are also sending a million sms to all the senators each and giving out their phone numbers after that. Find the numbers and contact them on twitter @Naijacyberhack
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by lekerenike: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
check this as i found it out as well. www.christimageinme..com
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by stepo707: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2012
3 senators right now
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by 2mch(m): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2012
[size=28pt]Mu che che che che che[/size]

GEJ and NOI nko?
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by ochizo(m): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2012
Thank God say our eyes don open, we should fight together, or we die together, we have a very useless government.

God help us.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by ortopazz(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2012
i d find mark and ndume, so tey i wan finito ndume yansh wiv bokoz
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by ortopazz(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
Thz 1 me no d twita na! Cn sum1 pass thz 1 4 me, yan them senatorz 2 trim down their accounts b4 I vex.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by Pukkah: 4:08pm On Jan 06, 2012
This is in order.

Nigerians, having endured so much suffering over the years from useless, inept, greedy, barbaric, and thieving leaders, have the right to protest.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by mukina2: 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
NaijaCyberHack NaijaCyberHactivists
Just sent a million messages to Sen Enyinnaya Abaribe || Phone Number : 08033129152 || Bombard him NOWWWWWWWW! CALLS/SMS/Anything. Pls RT
https://twitter.com/NaijaCyberHack/status/155261349226749952
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by Efizzi: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2012
THE WAR JUST IS JUST BEGINING!!!!!
THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD
BUILD REFINERIES AND RESUSCITATE EXISTING ONES
TACKLE CORRUPTION BY MASS ARREST OF SENIOR CORRUPT OFFICIALS (TO START) WITH SERIOUS SENTENCE
CUT DOWN ON CONVOYS AND UNNECESSARY GOVERNMENT COSTS
RESUSCITATE THE POWER SECTOR BEFORE THEY REMOVE SUBSIDY
AS PERSONALLY I AM NOT AGAINST THE SUBSIDY BUT I THINK IT SHOULD BE REMOVED IN STAGES AND THE PEOPLE SHOULD FEEL THE IMPACT OF WHAT HAS BEEN REMOVED.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by bros12345: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
coup de tat

I didnt say it
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by betrani(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
what the noise abt? subsidy removal una no well! government been no owe any body anytin! them just the help! nw una d behave like say they owe una! I don't even no hw foolish who ever introduced petroleum subsidy was! wrong advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the money shld have been used to set up additional working and reliable refineries! instead the refinaries were abandoned and the money used for subsidies! see wahala nw we wey want free for all d vex! grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#770077][/color]
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by adedoke(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
grin hahahahhahahahhha grin
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by unrattled: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2012

08062892788 Sen. Ita Ennang's number

#occupynigeria @NaijaCyberHack"

08035897127 the phone number of Minister of information Labaran Maku

https://twitter.com/#!/@adeoluwasolesi
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by jpphilips(m): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ mamita99

read my initial post and tell me jonathan did not cause this problem 60%.

lets talk about this present subsidy regime, the Cbn gov has already confessed he has evidence. of round tipping , he said he paid subsidy on 15 fake vessels approved by customs.
what did jonathan do? nothing

the reasons investors did not build refineries over the years was lack of cheap crude in part
but the biggest reason is corruption

how? licences were given to companies without the financial muscle to build refineries also part b of the license clearly states that these armed robbers have oil lifting license embedded in their refining license,
tell me who will choose refining over lifting where he makes instant profit and inflated subsidy
what did jonathan do? nothing as usual

do you know that NNPC does not have storage facilities for all those millions of products they are quoting and importing.
how exactly does Nnpc wish to store 30million litres of pms? odechukwu's scrotum I guess.

do you know that these fg goons went ahead to licence importers without storage facilities leading to the govt paying extra for storage on a product u are paying over 70 naira as subsidy can u beat this stup1dity and incompetence?

what did iweala and jonathan do? nothing,

do you know that these leppers in Nnpc have no grading structure for imported pms low grade,mid grade and high grade all na pms same subsidy, same price even ethanol blends have subsidy paid on them, can you beat that
? even abroad where the products come from have different prices. some are far cheaper than others which ordinarily should attract low subsidy
what did iweala do? nothing.

do you know that these bingos at Nnpc dont maintain their pipeline networks which ordinarily should link one depot to the other,
they have to pay extra for tankers transporting these products all na subsidy.
even their jv partners are maintaining over 1000 pipeline networks in Nigeria.

what did iweala do?
nothing.

do you know that under madueke's watch demurrage is paid as subsidy to these importers .
how cant they be reponsible for their import schedule, is it not commonsensical for madueke to prioritize the discharge of those vessels quickly in tank farms as not to attract demurrage for a product you are subsidizing.
madueke a toddler is smarter than you.

and you want me toughen for a better future? which future ? can iweala,Sls and madueke plan for a sustainable future if given the task?
dead failures.

for every extra kobo you pay on pms you paid for madueke's incompetence.

now they can see high expenditure but cant see how their incompetence is inflating the subsidy regime.

look at their teeth that economy will crash, u seriously think iweala will see it comming if it was true that economy will crash.

incompetent basta.rds.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by gameaddict(m): 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
Awesome and all but we are still fighting the wrong battle.

For starters, the country should vote on government salaries henceforth. We cannot allow crooks to decide their own salaries and allowances anymore. Governance is voluntary service not voluntary enslavement of the people.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by betrani(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
@bros12345! No try am o! u say coup de tat? no just think am if not na for ur house the fight go begin and end! wo nyor li'' two
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by Saheed9: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
This is serious.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by Eastcoast33(m): 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
Senator Ike Ekweremadu's No is 08065290996 08062892788 Sen. Ita Ennang's number, kill dem wit SMS'S
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by jpphilips(m): 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2012
read this and give me two reasons Nigerians shouldn't be on the streets

How many of you have researched on this subsidy issue before taking a stand?There are more misnomers than facts surrounding this subsidy brouhaha.

First,

the Govt said the economy will collapse, ridiculous indeedsecondly, the Govt said oil importers are a 'cabal', nearly fell off my seat.

Fellow Nigerians, there are no cabals, in 2009 the scarcity of petroleum products became intense and the Govt admitted that Nnpc through its subsidiary PPMC has failed Nigerians by their inability to meet up with the supply of pet. Products and that phenomenon gave rise to licensing of some people to 'assist' the Nnpc in doing their job for which they are paid for.

Please don't forget that hitherto, Nnpc has been doing the importation and refining themselves before corruption eroded their common sense.These importers went abroad and came back with a price Nnpc is already aware of comprising of logistics, storage and administrative costs, these were quantified before they arrived at a price.

The FG now fixed a price tag of 65naira on Pms and agreed to be reimbursing the importers the balance not oblivious of the fact that the landing cost is higher than the stipulated price

To my greatest chagrin, the Jonathan’s administration woke up and termed them 'cabals' who are fleecing the nation.

Assuming Ruben Abiati goes abroad to buy a TM underwear for 1k and decides to sell it 1.5k adding purchase price  plus logistics plus profit and the Govt tells him to sell at 900 naira, wont he ask for the 600naira balance?  When the incompetent NNPC agrees to reimburse him, then he has become a cabal stealing from the GOvt?

Are we this docile? If Nnpc lived up to their responsibility, we won’t have need for the importers in the first place.There is no doubt that the subsidy regime is met with corrupt practices, is it not the responsibility of the govt to clamp down on those malfeasance?

the Governor of central bank confessed  during the town hall meeting that he paid subsidy to 15 fake vessels who connived with customs to falsify their papers.
is this not fierce corruption?
and we have a shameless commander in chief? by the way, how many naval officers patrol our waters on tax payers account? efcc,icpc etc

The only solution that came to the minds of this disgruntled PDP administration is to remove subsidy into-to not minding its inflationary consequences.

This is the si1liest approach any human being with brain if they have one can summon.

Thirdly,

Jonathan insulted the intelligence of Nigerians telling us  that we don't benefit from this subsidy except for the importers and he had the unbridled temerity to be advertising it on NTA saying the rich are getting richer.

This people are demons.
When Ruben abiati's mother goes to the market to buy vegetable at a price, does he not know that the seller included cost of transportation to that price?
So when the transporter buys PMS @ 65naira and fixes his price based on that, he says his mother did not benefit from the subsidy that guaranteed the price in the first place?

In a generator driven economy like ours?
It is either Ruben Abiati and his employers are drunks or they think that Nigerians are m0rons.

I feel sorry for people that think that competition will crash the deregulated price erroneously juxtaposing it with GSM.Do you know that the price of crude being the raw material for refined pet. Products are sold at the same price in the whole world?

If you agree to this, then, even if you deregulate and license 5million importers the product will still be expensive because crude itself is expensive. You will still need to subsidize it to 65naira, exactly why deregulation of diesel in part did not work.The only reason you have not bought diesel @ 200naira is because there are so many illegal refineries who bunker crude, settle JTF and refine diesel at a lower price.

This people still pose a great threat to the importers who buy at a higher price that is why you get diesel @ 140naira elsewhere but in the delta i buy as low as 70naira.At this verge you will not over rule the fact that these unscrupulous elements contribute to the availability of diesel, if you are in doubt, anywhere you see cheap diesel, ask the dealer the source of his consignment If he is honest he will tell you the truth, when i was told, i took an hr 20mins boat ride to a remote village in the delta between Belema and Kola communities and i saw the local refinery myself. I will post the pictures later.

Conduct a chemical test on those cheap diesels if you are not convinced and you will realize a lot of additives are missing.Sounds incredible but those are the realities on ground.You now know why many importers in the delta hardly have diesel.

I still feel sorry for those who think the Govt should build more refineries, that will not solve the problem either because there is no cheap crude to supply these refineries.

The oil production of Nigeria stands at 2.37 million barrels of crude daily. Nigeria get this crude in a JV (joint venture) with IOC's (international oil companies) and the Nigeria's cut stand btw 55% to 60% of the lot, if we go by 60% then, that gives a total of 1.4m barrels daily.If we average the crude price from 2009 till date, the price falls close to 100usd/bbl.In that case, Nigeria makes 140,000,000usd daily from this JV.

Nigeria has a policy called DSO (domestic supply obligation) which mandates 250,000bbl/d of this crude to be refined and consumed locally,In monetary terms, the Nigerian govt is giving us 25,000,000usd worth of crude to refine.

Our three refineries at optimum capacity utilizes about 450,000bbl/d which gives 45,000,000usd in monetary terms in other words, the price of raw material in this case, crude, accrued to our refineries comes at 45m usd per day

, if you add refining cost and profit of 6usd per bbl,The total cost becomes 270,000,000usd per day.There is no way you can refine that crude at that price and sell it 65naira/l and make profit.

Meanwhile, once we mark out that 45m usd worth of crude for our refineries (assuming they are working at optimum capacity), the govt has already lost 45m usd from their 140m usd daily earnings (which will affect budget implementation) and after refining will still spend more money to subsidize it to 65naira/l

With this analogy, you will agree with me that if all our refineries are working optimally, the govt will spend 3times our present day subsidy to bring the pump price down to 65naira/l.

So, for those of you clamoring for refineries should be careful what you wish for because there is no cheap crude for you to refine.

I have argued abinitio that the sales of other derivatives of crude will bring down the cost of most sort PMS,DPK etc but after doing some feasibility studies, i realized i was dead wrong.

I further argued that to make cheaper crude available for our refineries, the Govt should reduce the price at which it is supplied unfortunately, the senate mandated the then GMD of Nnpc that the DSO must be sold at international crude price.

This i believe was proposed for the following reasons:

1 the refineries are working below capacity so what the heck does Nnpc use the crude for?

2, there is a benchmark on crude price for budget implementation.With these reasons, any existing or yet to exist refinery in Nigeria will get crude at a high price and must need subsidy to sell at 65naira/l, at this cross road, the then GMD of Nnpc decided that all crude should be exported and subsidy be paid on imported products.

At this verge, i must reiterate here that competition amongst importers will only crash the profit margin but not cost price.Even if every Nigerian becomes an importer of pet. Prods, we can never change the fact that crude in the int l market is already expensive before thinking of refined prod. So we must need subsidy to make profit.

Before this issue of subsidizing petroleum products can be addressed,You must have the following at the back of your minds:

1, Nigeria pegs a benchmark on crude prices to enable it implement budget. This stands at 75usd/bbl. And this crude is sort from the JV

.2, if crude price exceed the benchmark above, Nigeria makes excess crude revenue (ECR)3, conversely, if we make excess crude revenue, the price of subsidy on refined products shoot up.With the above analogy,

One can argue that the ECR be used to subsidize imported petroleum products since both are a function of each other unfortunately in Nigeria, it comes with its own challenges.

By law, the constitution clearly states that all revenue accrued to the FG be shared amongst the three tiers of Govt.This alone makes it illegal for the FG to keep the ECR to itself for whatever reason.

This is where the wahala started, during GEJ's campaign, he astronomically increased workers salary without consulting the state Governors,most Governors have refused to pay on the grounds that they cannot afford it.

On that grounds Taraba, jigawa and some other states have a genuine case.With the above development, the states started scrambling for funds and remembered the ECR and insisted it must be shared to enable them pay the new wage and develop infrastructures.

you now understand why all state governors are for subsidy removal including the literally "one of us"  comrade Adams oshiomole, because they know it will be shared just like the ECR

The way forward:

In the short run:

While the FG is consulting, they must consider these options,

1,  identify and tackle the corruption prevalent in the subsidy regime. That will push down the cost of the subsidy in the first place.Like i said in April, no matter how sincere GEJ think his administration is, he cannot make any reasonable progress in the face of corruption,

2, the power projects must come upstream before removing subsidy, this will reduce the demand on pet. Products to a very great extent.

3, Nigeria must accommodate Gas export, port duties and other forms of revenue in their budget implementation policies.

4,  Govt must never invest an extra kobo in our moribund refineries, by doing otherwise, the cost price of the refineries will rise to an extent that it will no longer be attractive to investors or will prolong their repayment plan.Thereby making it very capital intensive.

5, Instead of deceiving Nigerians with their cabal bullshit and deluding them that they don't benefit from this subsidy, the FG should channel that propaganda with intense lobbying to the senate,NLC and civil society organizations to stop the state governors from demanding for the ECR, this can be achieved by the FG asking the state to pay whatever increment they can afford for the workers that way the ECR will be used for subsidizing pet. Products.

In the long run:

Nigeria must seek local production capacity.It is no longer news that Nnpc and its subsidiaries have failed woefully in meeting the needs of the Nigerian people.

Nnpc through its subsidiaries Npdc and Ngc are saddled with the responsibility of the above for oil and gas production respectively, but as i write, the current production of NPDC stands at a paltry 90,000bbl/day which is a huge failure for an agency set up 23yrs ago,

The IOC's has made us believe that it will cost less than 12usd to extract 1bbl of our oil. The Management of NPDC must be reshuffled and if possible experts brought in on contract basis to improve NPDC's production.These experts must be placed on targets appraised by milestones. in ogoni land for instance, Anglo dutch has a lot of abandoned production facilities and marginal wells and others scattered all over the country, these can be bought by NPDC with the money FG want to waste on refineries to improve production,

If NPDC can extract oil at 12usd/bbl and make a little profit, with this cheap oil available, Nigeria will have no reason going to the JV.

This cheap crude will attract investors to build refineries and create jobs, A 250,000bbl/d refinery will cost a little above 5b usd, dangote alone can afford two of those only if NPDC can guarantee cheap oil. This is why no investor is coming to build refineries.

A crude price of 18usd/bbl from NPDC will guarantee pump price of less than 22naira per litre of pms from these refineries.With this plan,By the end of this Administration, NPDC will have robust production capacity and the refineries will guarantee steady refined products.

These refineries shouldn't be operated by the Govt for any reason.The FG will generate revenue from both ends, export of crude and export refined products and the production of NPDC must be increasing periodically.

this is necessary because Nigeria as a member of OPEC has a limit to crude export but we can earn more revenue from petroleum products export.

Once the above takes effect, there won’t be any need to be paying subsidy because pump price will be around 23naira/l and inflation will reduce by 40‰.

Now, how competent is Allison Madueke and iweala if they can’t figure this out?

To think of removing subsidy at this stage where there is no electricity and high corruption rate will be tantamount to economic suicide.

Please if the both of you want a trial and error approach to economic solutions please try the next country or preferably Haiti.

What iweala forgot is that in the face of inflation, the cost of running Govt projects will be high, All Govt contractors will definitely come back for contract variations or Abandon those projects.

As a sound economist, she should tell Nigerians the value of 1.3 trillion naira ( she intends to save on subsidy removal) in the face of 60% inflation and how many projects Nigerians will benefit from the subsidy removal.If you remove subsidy and the money disappears, then it is a NO NO for Nigerians.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by obxddon(m): 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
Come dont forget that lines have been registered oooooo
Them go track una later, bcareful
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by betrani(m): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
@unrattled! wat do we need their phone numbers for? threats? u lie! hw much does it take me out of =N= 47m to change a sim and text my colleagues that I have change my line! I dey laf u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by bros12345: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
betrani:

@bros12345! No try am o! u say coup de  tat? no just think am if not na for your house the fight go begin and end! wo nyor li'' two

This government don reach wen we go take koboko flog them commot for that mountain. ndi ori, ndi ori
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by bros12345: 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
Everyone should read this. Source:wikipaedia

It still is a mystery how the cost of subsidy shot up to 1.3 trillion naira in just one year of President Goodluck Jonathan's administration, especially since ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo's administration spent 300 billion Naira per year. When the Obasanjo government left power in 2007, the country was no longer in debt and the 30 billion dollar foreign debt that Obasanjo met when he came to power in 1999 was fully paid off. Today, under the administration of Jonathan, the country owes debt to the tune of 30 billion dollars and is still borrowing. Foreign reserves have been depleted from 80 billion dollars during the Obasanjo administration to 33 billion dollars under the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

When the Obasanjo administration left power in 2007, 23 billion dollars was left in the Excess Crude Account after he built it up from nothing in 1999. Today, the account is empty because the money has been squandered and the account scrapped.[citation needed]

In the 2012 budget, President Jonathan allocated 1 billion Naira for his feeding and several other wasteful statehouse expenditure running into several million dollars. For instance, money allocated for feeding the presidential family was a reported 300 million naira
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by unrattled: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
Tell David Mark how you feel - 08035008888
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by drstone1: 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2012
My Personal Note: Whilst it was shocking to hear the news of subsidy removal on New year’s eve. I personally felt that the decision is somewhat sudden and “harsh” especially when Nigerians were not prepared for this. Some had made plans for the New year and may have budgeted money only to hear the shocking news. This was amidst ongoing negotiations by the Panel constituted for that purpose to argue for the need and find out how to cushion the effects thru the placement of adequate palliative methods. Many felt shocked at the insensitivity of the PPRA in making the announcement. I can not here hold brief for the Government as to what reasons they may have seen from their own position and based on the Stark facts available to them for which the decision to announce the removal of Subsidy on Jan1,2012 was made. While the procedure may have been crude, yet the arguments are not entirely out of place for the removal of Subsidy. However, in Nigeria where we have been saddled with corruption from different governments, politicians, or militricians and or political parties, whether they be PDP, ACN, APP, NPN etal during these our 53yrs of cohabitation. Moreso especially when Senators, Representatives, ministers, irrespective of their[b] party affiliations, religious inclinations and ethnicities[/b] collect jumbo pay and whenever convenient borrow billions from banks to share personal allowances running to millions among themselves with nobody being brought to book. It is also pertinent to note, that not one of these So called Politicians irrespective of their parties,creeds, ideology, or religion have come out to say that on the basis of conscience they have refused these MONIES and that they are making sacrifices to show their Love for the interests of this country and identify with the masses.
In fact certain persons, who once were in government formulating similar policies have suddenly turned “Pro People” and “Anti Oppression”. Hmmmmm!!! Skillful politicians are adept on riding to achieve their ambitions on the sentiments of the gullible and frenzied masses.
While these calls and the Demonization of GEJ is currently in full swing let me also sound a very strong note of caution to well-meaning and sincere agitators for an equitable distribution of wealth irrespective of one’s social strata in society. To be careful, and vigilant less they be the machinery that are blindly fighting to bring about the REALIZATION of an ominous and SINISTER Evil upon themselves unawares. As a matter of fact the times we are calls for the exercise of such vigilance irrespective of the Let downs and feelings of insensitivity we may have about government. For to be FOREWARNED is to be FORE-ARMED!!
What is the real agenda being played out in the fight against “INJUSTICE” Made even more worrisome in the context of massive killings, systematic executions, mass genocide being carried about by fundamentalist in parts of the country. Is there any correlation, with the present situation unfolding before our eyes??
From the Mahdist Islamic movements of Sudan in the 1890's, which the British helped Squash after the brutal massacre in Khartoum of a British Army officer, to the Revolution of the Sheik Usman fodio against the then Hausa rulers of Gobir, to the present days revolution in places like Egypt, Tunisia et al.

One thing is common. These fundamentalist organise their disciples into a ragtag army crying against INJUSTICE and seem to be fighting for injustice only to consolidate their Strict rule of Religious dominance in those Societies (ala Afghanistan). Back then in Omdurman, Sudan; the British were not fooled by such Crap.

They dealt a death blow to the Mahdist movement. We hear today that these events are political and not religious. In fact the gruesome murder of Christians having a prayer meetion about 7:30pm in Deeper life gombe this week was attributed to robbers and criminals. NOBODY, and i repeat, NOBODY should come fool us with such gibberish and balderdash. WE are not FOOLED [/b]by these same rhetoric with which the SULTAN exonerated the Bombings caused by BOKO HARAM as a mere handiwork of political agitations. It is a deep seated agitation by a fast dying oligarchy who feel they are loosing out of power and are desperate by all means possible to regain their domination of Power, politically, judicially,militarily and economically.

Hear Winston Churchil on the River War, written about 110 yrs ago.

“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the creed rule or live, [b]Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities
. , all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. (SEE what has happened to Northern Nigeria Over the years, despite their dominant rule in the last 50years. The difference between them and those in the south being that they took advantage of western missionary education by their numbers.) No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being [b]moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant [/b]and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising FEARLESS WARRIORS at every step; and were it not that Christian Europe is sheltered in the strong arms of science (the science against which it had vainly struggled) the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
Hear Churchill,
About the modern machinery of war and its effectiveness against native terrorist tribesmen:
“ , the Maxim guns had also come into action. A dozen Dervishes are standing on a sandy knoll. All in a moment the dust began to jump in front of them, and then the clump of horsemen melts into a jumble on the ground, and a couple of scared survivors scurry to cover. Yet even then a few brave men come back to help their fallen comrades. end of quote.

Today, the effect of that science is in the possession of nuclear bombs, UAV’s ,cluster bombs and a SUPERIOR War technology.{italics mine}

By the way, i have not heard of Sharia banking 4sometime now after accusing, shaming and denouncing some people of grave injustice in managing the banks!!!!

These times call for ETERNAL VIGILANCE. The Coptics in Egypt after fighting for "INJUSTICE" alongside their fanatical brethren have their asses, finger burnt as repayment. We even had people who showed us pictures of how they were protecting their "brethren" from other faiths from the POLICE while praying on the internet to show their “UNITY” in fighting against “INJUSTICE” and “OPPRESSION”. Shortly after the ouster of Mubarak, they Were visited with the real aims of fundamental Islamist dragons, [b]BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, Assassinations and DEATHS[/b] in their numbers within their Churches. After Sufficiently intimidating and harassing these gullible comrades they have now tried to enforce the religious dominance in that country!!!

Make no mistake about this. There is a RELIGIOUS JIHAD being WAGED by a section of HOLY WARRIORS in accordance with the strict interpretation of their Creed. It is all summed up in this statement by Sheik Othman Dan Fodio.

"In his book Tanbih al-ikhwan ’ala ahwal al-Sudan (“Concerning the Government of Our Country and Neighboring Countries in the Sudan”) Usman writes:
“The government of a country is the government of its king without question. If the king is a Muslim, his land is Muslim; if he is an Unbeliever, his land is a land of Unbelievers. In these circumstances it is obligatory for anyone to leave it for another country”. [1]. In fact, Usman did exactly this when he left Gobir in 1802. After that Yunfa turned for aid to the other leaders of the Hausa states, warning them that dan Fodio could trigger a widespread Jihad. [4]. Eventually, he did and it was the first major Jihad for the series of Jihads which were surging during the 18th and 19th century across Sudan and the neighboring states. It was called the Sokoto Jihad and it took place in Hausaland. He finally withdrew his people to Gudu in 1802 and after 2 years, in 1804, he rose up and overthrew the unjust rulers.
In Islam Outside the Arab World, David Westerlung writes: “The jihad resulted in a federal theocratic state, with extensive autonomy for emirates, recognizing the spiritual authority of the caliph or the sultan of Sokoto.”[3] That means that Usman achieved his goal to raise the Muslim law above the power of the government which is one of his main ideas in his written works. In Tanbih al-ikhwan ’ala ahwal al-Sudan. He further writes: “As for the sultans(leaders of other African tribes practicing Islam), they are undoubtedly unbelievers, even though they may profess the religion of Islam, because they practice polytheistic rituals and turn people away from the path of God and raise the flag of worldly kingdom above the banner of Islam. All this is unbelief according to the consensus of opinions.”
Usman points out in his books many of the flaws and demerits of the African non-Muslim or Nominal Muslim rulers. Some of these are corruption on various levels of the administration along with absurdity and injustice regarding ordinary people’s rights. Usman is strongly criticizing the heavy taxation and obstruction created in the business and trade of the Hausa states by the law system. One can assume he was fighting for common equality according to the Muslim law which was inexistent before 1804.

It is astonishing how the call for overthrow of unjust rulers from Gudu(Gobir) managed to spread throughout the whole county as the Sokoto Jihad. The communication was carried along trade routes and rivers draining to the Niger-Benue valley, as well as the delta and the lagoons. The call for Jihad did not only reach other Hausa states such as Kano, Katsina and Zaria but also Borno, Gombe, Adamawa, Nupe and Ilorin. These were all places with major or minor groups of Fulani alims.

Hmmmmmm, this special writing of Sheik uthman fodio, a man with uncommon supernatural powers, about the countries surrounding SUDAN makes a clear pointer to what we have been saying !!!!, the SPIRIT OF SUDAN- that EVILPOWER that has gripped that country for years causing intolerant oppressive rule of the South,,,,,,cast your mind back on The supporter of APC mercenaries that operate BOKO HARAM Style b4 the Indepenence of South Sudan. That Powerful Spirit is seeking Solace here in Nigeria. We Bind and Cast OUT of our land that PRINCIPALITY DEMON in the name of Jesus.
With reference to that great philosopher George Wilfried Hegel in his treatise of Dialectics from which Karl Marx and Engels further derived their theory of Dialectical materialism. He posited unequivocally that through a process of thesis, anti thesis and Synthesis, the material world in history is heading toward the realization of the Ultimate idea of the Supernatural Force in creation. What is this idea which is coming to fruition in our present day with the Events of the 1979 Revolutions in Iran, sept11 bombings and the American war in the Gulf, the so called Arab Spring. We turn again to a Legend and the ultimate seer and a man of uncommon foresight of the Last century who lived in france in the 1500’s; Michel de NOSTRADAMUS. A man who correctly predicted different events in divers places including wars fought and personalities that mark special events of the modern world 500 years after his time. You go and read his predictions about the last major World War or World War 3, the Players and the theatre of the Action. Those who fail to heed the wisdom of history are bound to inevitably repeat it and also be consumed from the face of the earth by it.
On a very sober note, here this words.
Uthman Dan Fodio, had a very disturbing dream around the middle of the 2nd decade of 1800’s. In which it was revealed that this kingdom he has established by the shedding of so much blood will last for just 200years.
Watchout, Be Alert as you agitate and ponder again!! THE ALARM IS SOUNDING VERY CLEAR. Say not, i never knew this is what it shall come to. BEWARE!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
Hope you guys all realize your numbers have been registered by the NCC
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by sniperwolf(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
Anonymous at work
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by sniperwolf(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2012
Please they should hack my bank and credit me with a lot of money. No time
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by jpphilips(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
I have a deal for iweala.
fight corruption and incompetence in the subsidy regime and
bring it down to 300billion for this year.

let the management of Npdc have a target
of 150,000bbl/d by dec 2012.

on january 2013 subsidy will go by 50%
and by dec 2013 Npdc should guarantee
200,000bbl/d

on 1st january 2014 subsidy must go 100%.
with or without the refineries on ground,
then if im sacrificing, I will know it has a
limit pending when refineries that will
utilize the cheap oil on ground arrives.

tell me what im sacrifising for today?
eternal slavery borne from the incompetence of a corrupt administration.

I and my generations cannot and will not
sacrifice for Govt's incompetence.

now, if you dont mind, I have placards to
paint.
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by Maximip(m): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
We are occupying everywhere. It's no more only about subsidy but corruption too. #OccupyNigeria #OccupyAfrica
#OccupyAsorock #OccupyNairaland #OccupyEverywhere,  except your homes  grin
Re: #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released by Kennyblues(m): 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2012
dangoma10son Benjamin Dangoma
RT @eggheader: RT @TheNew234: Tell H.E Mrs VP how u feel 08055567000 cc @omojuwa @ogundamisi @NaijaCyberHack , m.tmi.me/ki5UY
19 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over 11,000 Benefiiciaries Of Npower In Ekiti Declare Support For Buhari / Don’t Punish Us For Saraki’s ‘rebellion,’ North Central Leaders Beg Buhari / 'Don’t Vote PDP In 2023' - El-Rufai To Kaduna Residents (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.