Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Oh ! I Miss My Naija - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Oh ! I Miss My Naija (16505 Views)

My Face When I Miss The Presidential Chat / I Love My Naija / I Miss My My Noble Forum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh ! I Miss My Naija by McAdem: 6:14pm On Mar 14, 2012
[b]Oh! How I miss those days in Naija. Thinking about it makes tears well up in my eyes and bring laughter to my face. I was born in 1988 in Naija but there are some moments i remember and my face lights up. I miss this days:

• The days where Choco Milo was the best chocolate ever.

• The days of Tales by moonlight, speakout, new masqurade, papa ajasco

• Days of Christmas where we all looked forward to wearing our mama- tie- me -for back dresses and mother care socks.

• I miss the days of Christmas when we take food to our neighbors and they gave us money in exchange

• The days of Christmas when we dress up, wear our cute outfits and visit family and friends one after the other

• The days when Christie Ogoli, Shina peters, Onyeka onwenu , funmi Adams sang and brought tears of joy to our faces

• The days when “Nigeria, my beloved country” was the best song ever

• Days when birthday parties was fun. Cake and red jollof rice

• The days when actors and actresses were natural in their movies.Liz benson, Dolly unachukwu, regina askia, Antar laniyan, etc. unlike
this age were they are all so fake trying to form Americana. Tonto Dike and her likes

• The days where ladies wore long skirts that had slits up to their laps

• The days of love letter. Were we sent love letter to boy and girls and await their reply

• The days of father chrismas

• Days when we went for people’s birthday and danced to “hoo yay, I wish u hapi buyday” “hoo yay, very merry merry hapi returns”

• The days when rice was the best food ever

• The days when cousins, neighbors all lived and related well unlike this age where evrione is on their own. Aka OYO

• I miss the days of Akwa-oche, cloths made from chair materials

• The days when we went to school , lined up and the headmistress and teachers inspect our nails and uniform and then we march to our classrooms

• The days of “papilo, I know say one day, you go make us proud”

• The days of Mother care socks and socks that has lace round it

• The days of rashidi yekini, Daniel omokachi, Sunday oliseh, peter rufai, etc

• The days of pinafore school uniform

• The days of black and white Tv

• The days where only one person in that neigbourhood had that round phone and neighbors had to come receive calls in one’s house

• The days of sakobi the snake girl, Nneka the pretty serpent, Igodo, Living in bondage, Sharon stone

• The days of Maclean, Tura soap, dudu osin, okin biscuit, ribena, lucozade, tomtom, etc

• The days when MKO was the main man

There are still many more days that I cannot remember, but feel free to post some of your fun filled days in Naija. [/b] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by EfemenaXY: 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^ Lol!!

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when VOLTRON was the best cartoon ever

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when NTA starts promptly at 5pm (after staring for hours at the rainbow coloured screen of lines)

cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2012
i love dis thread..

those days wen bettle, volvo were d hottest cars

those days of town cryers..

DOES days of no GSM

does days wen we want to send msg to d village we go to d park to find someone going to our village. lol

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Ruqaya(f): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2012
Nice composition
the days when d whole family throws a big party for buying a mercedes benz
the days when limca and gold-spot were the best soft drink ever

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 20, 2012
OP.Run down here and have a warm Hug.nicce one.Memories are sweet and bitter
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
Oh my gosh! Mcadem i really need to give u a kiss! Mmwah.....!
Dis is really lovely and great! Oh how i love dis memories!

Dani ensure dat mukina takes dis to d front page! smiley

>the days of M&K
The days of Crush(one of the best soft drinks then!
The days of pali soda
the days of baba dudu
the days of sisi pelebe!

2 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by bunmioguns(m): 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
bunmioguns: https://www.nairaland.com/832178/back-days-xmas-special

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
abeg comot joor! Mtcheww.....angry Which kain enemy of thread progress u be sef?? Shey d two topics looks d same to you ni?? They're entirely different my friend! And stop postin mumu links here. angry undecided Yours is diff from dis, although ur thread was a nice one too.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by mikuz(m): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2012
booqee: abeg comot joor! Mtcheww.....angry Which kain enemy of thread progress u be sef?? Shey d two topics looks d same to you ni?? They're entirely different my friend! And stop postin mumu links here. angry undecided Yours is diff from dis, although ur thread was a nice one too.
confusionist!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by bunmioguns(m): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2012
mikuz: confusionist!

I dont knw why d damsel kip Jumping like Frog everywhere . . .
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2012
bunmisango and mikuz, stop derailing a nice thread!

nice one @OP and booqee! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2012
otooro: bunmisango and mikuz, stop derailing a nice thread!

nice one @OP and booqee! cheesy cheesy cheesy
i wonder for them oh!
Thanks jare.....smiley
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2012
booqee: i wonder for them oh!
Thanks jare.....smiley

yeah barbie, just doing my job- to make u happy kiss kiss kiss kiss

so, wassup? u want a ride? *flashing my new toyota porsche* wink wink wink
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by angelsing(m): 11:41pm On Mar 20, 2012
grin I remember those days of catchers, where we have to chase our self through 3 streets..family catcher.. Miss those days grin I remember those days of catchers, where we have to chase our self through 3 streets..family catcher.. Miss those days grin I remember those days of catchers, where we have to chase our self through 3 streets..family catcher.. Miss those days

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by freecocoa(f): 9:59am On Mar 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Lol!!

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when VOLTRON was the best cartoon ever

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when NTA starts promptly at 5pm (after staring for hours at the rainbow coloured screen of lines)

cheesy
Is it 5pm or 4pm?
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Afam4eva(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2012
Those days were really fun. I miss those old Igbo and Nigerian movies that had actors such as Liz Benson, Kenneth Okonkwo, Dolly Nnachukwu, Regina Askia etc.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by asas(f): 10:11am On Mar 21, 2012
nta usually start @ 4pm dunno where u got 5 from....omg i miss christmas wen mummy buys new outfit for us for christmas and new year ,christmas parties no matter the holiday whether sallah oh easter ,christmas or parties a cow or ram must be slaughtered for suya ,i miss all my church programs .tales by moonlight, bathing outside wen dere is no water ...goin to dig whole at d back of the house so as to mess up the toilets wen dere s no water . i miss ghana food close to d ghana embassy .. i miss mama put.playing outside in the rain family prayers. a whole lot dat i cant remember now wud be back shortly
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by KINGwax(m): 10:12am On Mar 21, 2012
Well i still dey but i missed d days of 'eruku oshodi', days of thunderbirds, the next best cartoon after voltron. The days where u watch d older ones gracefully served bottle of cokes while u wish one day u'll get old boxe thus qualified for that too. I missed that manual clippers too, where our heads had to be pinned down. I miss d comb and blade days too. In fact, i missed that old table fan that 'shocks' you when it's on. I missed my great grandma's bed with those four long poles!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by blacksta(m): 10:14am On Mar 21, 2012
Days when i play football bare footed
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by obi123: 10:14am On Mar 21, 2012
i miss those days when we would go to lesson after school in groups.

i miss those days when a visitor would come to my house give me money and my mumsy would collect it, the day i ask for it is the day she would list all the things she used the money for, the bournvita and milk you have drinking , the retouching you did last week nko? i would nicely shut up jeje.

i miss those days when fetching water was fun because it was an avenue to chat at the tap with my friends , then those bloody tanker people started selling water , i was so upset.

i don't miss report card day sha.

i don't miss that my daddy made me do all the possible exams in naija when he already knew what school i was going to after primary school, he said it was practice but i hated it as it just seemed i was always studying for one exam or the other

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2012
The days when;

- 1 Naira & 50 Kobo still be note, and you could go on a biscuit & sweet shopping spree with 1 Naira.

- The days when mineral (soda/coke) was a big deal. When you go visit a friend, they give you and your sibling a bottle of coke to share.

- The days when malt was for adults.

- The days when owning and rolling of tyres made you a cool kid.

- The days when computer games (handhelds)had only 2 buttons and only one game on it, and used wristwatch batteries.

- The days when cortina school school and mothercare scandals where the in-thing.

- The days when Frank Olize use to anchor Newsline on NTA.

- The days when a walkman was like an Ipod and if yours had "auto-rewind" functions, then yours was like an I-pod touch.

- The days when we use to rewind audio tapes with pencils and clean video machine play-heads with spirit.

- The days when your T.V booster used to be one big ball-like device, and most folks had one distinct video tape rewinder on display in their Palours.

- The days when we strung a string to the butt of our pens and hung them on our necks, also when we wrote our names and put them inside of our pens also when we used to cram the numbers on the body of our pens.

8 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by eghost247(m): 10:19am On Mar 21, 2012
subscribing
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by denzel2009: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2012
the days of cortina shoes
the days when scotch eggs are real not egg buns
the days when Ghanaians are shoes menders and shoulder tailors
the days when mallams hawk hot chocolate and teas
the days when your tv sets have roller shutters
the days when you wear damask
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by bid4rich(m): 10:27am On Mar 21, 2012
I remember the days of DOCTOR WHO,

The days where the whole neighbourhood are using one toilet and one bathroom,

The days of face me and face you

The days where we use to carry plate to go and buy rice and macaroni with isan olora

the days of Hulk Hogan, warrior and Michohin

ohh! I remember the days of jumping on Molue in Oshodi

the days when we use to have inter secondary school fight, Eko Boys High sch vs any other sch.

The days we use to eat gari with rice. Oh! What a glorious day they have been. Thank God for those days.

Many more to say o but i reserve my comments
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by dridowu: 10:29am On Mar 21, 2012
I miss dos daz of " MUMMY AND DADDY "
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by gulfer: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2012
You guys are forgetting the SUPERTED and SPORTY cartons. Also no mention of speedy racers has been made. Nostalgic days grin grin grin grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2012
the only thing i remember now is that the GIZZARD of the fowl goes to the head of the family. I had to steal that from the pot one day, omo! see confusion when my mother begin look for am to serve my dad. grin grin

ThankGod now i have all the gizzard i want for myself. grin grin

Old memories indeed!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by oradee: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2012
Actually the best cartoon then was ''Super Ted''
I miss Ghana Bread...
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by freecocoa(f): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2012
denzel2009: the days of cortina shoes
the days when scotch eggs are real not egg buns
the days when Ghanaians are shoes menders and shoulder tailors
the days when mallams hawk hot chocolate and teas
the days when your tv sets have roller shutters
the days when you wear damask
Hello are you nigerian?thought you are oyinbo o.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by asadss: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2012
this is very nice tot
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by freecocoa(f): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2012
Vikin: the only thing i remember now is that the GIZZARD of the fowl goes to the head of the family. I had to steal that from the pot one day, omo! see confusion when my mother begin look for am to serve my dad. grin grin

ThankGod now i have all the gizzard i want for myself. grin grin

Old memories indeed!
Are you my brother?cos i can swear he did that back then too.grin grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by chuks49(m): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2012
Luv ds thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Order Wizkid To Frog Jump In Lagos / How To Be A Weird Nigerian In 10 Simple Steps / Only Geniuses Will Crack This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.