Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs (11483 Views)

Brand New Tablet Pcs For Sale(9.7inches)3g Browse,hdmi,sim Slot,1.2ghz Processor / Brand New 7" 3G Android Tablet PCs (Wholesale/Retail) / Over 50 Amazon Tablet Pcs With Swift 4g Broadband Internet Connection For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by buyandroidpad: 5:43am On Apr 17, 2012
I just read an article on Tethering BlackBerry Phone with Tablet PCs.

http://www.tabletpcforum.ca/tethering-blackberry-internet-to-android-tablet-pcs/

If you have the following Blackberry Phones, it is possible to share your 3G GSM Data Plans with you laptop, and Tablet PCs:

*Blackberry Curve 9350, 9360, 9380
*Blackberry Torch 9810, 9860
*Blackberry Bold 9790, 9900, 9930

When buying a Tablet, it will soon not matter if it supports 3G or not because you can easily tap the Internet from your phone.

Read this article to discover what to do: Very important...you can save lots of money doing this. You will require an OS upgrade to BlackBerry 7.1 to do so.

http://www.tabletpcforum.ca/tethering-blackberry-internet-to-android-tablet-pcs/

Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by Leopantro: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
good show. can someone please confirm this so I can buy a bb this week. thanks
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by mjay(m): 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
Do not be over excited,it will simply turn your bb os7 into a hot spot, but you will still need to pay for a data bundle Internet as usual. The bis will only work with blackberry bridge. Notice also that joiku spot will also do this same thing in some selected Nokia tones.
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by mjay(m): 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
Do not be over excited,it will simply turn your bb os7 into a hot spot, but you will still need to pay for a data bundle Internet as usual. The bis will only work with blackberry bridge. Notice also that joiku spot will also do this same thing in some selected Nokia fones.
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by buyandroidpad: 12:51am On Apr 18, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. You are right Mjay, the device will become a hotspot and you will still need a data plan.

However

*Before now we could only attach 1 unit (laptop, pc) to the blackberry device at a time. With the Mobile Hotspot solution you can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously.
*Android Tablets do not have the drivers to connect to the Blackberry via the USB. That is why we had to get MiFi solutions from GSM providers. A good number of Android Tablets do not come with Bluetooth but they all come with WiFi capability.
*There are some Android, Nokia and Apple iPhones that have this capability currently. Blackberry just added this - a bit late, but the capabilities are now here with some select Blackberry phones.

Please refer to the following sites for verification: http://ca.blackberry.com/apps-software/blackberry7/ and http://www.tabletpcforum.ca/tethering-blackberry-internet-to-android-tablet-pcs/

Thanks.
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by Chizzybenjamin(m): 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
Nice 1
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by AndroBlaze: 12:32am On Apr 24, 2012
Leopantro: good show. can someone please confirm this so I can buy a bb this week. thanks

Well most Android phones have been capable of this for ages- oh well, good luck and hopefully your BB is as adequate as the Droids are at the task (peronally doubt it).
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by Alonu(m): 12:48am On Apr 24, 2012
I can solely confirm that my blackberry 9810 which I jst upgraded to os 7.1 now serves as d wireless router in my house, my laptop and ipad r connected to it and runnin smoothly. Its basically a network dependent ish. Once u have gud network coverage U r gud 2 go
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by buyandroidpad: 10:35am On Apr 24, 2012
Hi Alonu, thanks for the confirmation. It does work well and it is one way of connecting multiple devices at the same time...

Business tip:- Some people can set up a small hotspot for people without a data plan or a phone to check their mails....only as web browsing will consume bandwidth....for a little fee.

Imagine school students making extra cash doing this....I hope I am not giving too much information but my objective in life is to assist people in using technology more efficiently. Thanks...
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by Leopantro: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
i have an android tablet and android phone that can create a hotspot. what I'm interested in is can you use this method to browse with a BIS plan or does it run down your normal credit? can i use the unlimited browsing BIS plan with this?
Re: Tethering Blackberry Phone With Tablet Pcs by buyandroidpad: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2012
Hi Leopantro, as far as I know, if you take your SIM card from you blackberry phone and use it on your Android device then you will be using your data plan and therefore incur a cost. However it solely depends on your provider.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Efficient Solution For Masts & Towers / Urgent Sale@ Fairly Used DV5 Wit 1.2gb Graphics Memory @ 50k. / Apple Service center in Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.