Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,878 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Ndigbo, Share Your Views. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndigbo, Share Your Views. (3543 Views)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / Your Views On Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by Slizbeat(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2012
I have being wondering if the igbo language is incomplete or is it that the igbo language is going into extinction. Just few weeks back, i was asked a question worthing 10,000 Naira but couldnt answer it because i was confused and short of idea. The question was "what is TABLE in igbo language?", please if you know it, you can help me out so i wouldnt lose such money again. Ma fellow Ndigbo, share yours(words that confuse you) so we can interact and know how to get it solved. You can as well let me know the meaning of "BED" and "MOSQUITO" in igbo language
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by Gboliwe: 7:50pm On May 20, 2012
Table - Okpokoro
Bed: akwa
Mosquito: anwunta

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by ifyalways(f): 8:35pm On May 20, 2012
Slizbeat: I have being wondering if the igbo language is incomplete or is it that the igbo language is going into extinction. Just few weeks back, i was asked a question worthing 10,000 Naira but couldnt answer it because i was confused and short of idea. The question was "what is TABLE in igbo language?", please if you know it, you can help me out so i wouldnt lose such money again. Ma fellow Ndigbo, share yours(words that confuse you) so we can interact and know how to get it solved. You can as well let me know the meaning of "BED" and "MOSQUITO" in igbo language
. . . So because you don't know what simple things like table,bed na mosquito are called in igbo the language is onits way to extinction.
kuora onwe gi aka .

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by Slizbeat(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2012
Tnx 4 d answer. @ify, no b xo o0, abeg wahs train and bike(okada) in igbo?
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by Slizbeat(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2012
Gboliwe: Table - Okpokoro
Bed: akwa
Mosquito: anwunta
sum1 told me mosquito is "ababa", is it correct?
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by odumchi: 9:16pm On May 20, 2012
Slizbeat: Tnx 4 d answer. @ify, no b xo o0, abeg wahs train and bike(okada) in igbo?

Train is ugbo-igwe or ugbo-tracki while bicycle/okada is igwe.
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by ifyalways(f): 9:36pm On May 20, 2012
Train : Ugbo oloko
Bike : Igwe oku
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2012
odumchi:

Train is ugbo-igwe or ugbo-tracki while bicycle/okada is igwe.

Bicycle = inya igwe
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by Antivirus92(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
Slizbeat: I have being wondering if the igbo language is incomplete or is it that the igbo language is going into extinction. Just few weeks back, i was asked a question worthing 10,000 Naira but couldnt answer it because i was confused and short of idea. The question was "what is TABLE in igbo language?", please if you know it, you can help me out so i wouldnt lose such money again. Ma fellow Ndigbo, share yours(words that confuse you) so we can interact and know how to get it solved. You can as well let me know the meaning of "BED" and "MOSQUITO" in igbo language
this ur post is absolutely rubbish and doesnt make sense.i doubt seriously whether u are an igbo cos no igbo person can write such rubbish against his tribe
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
Antivirus92: this ur post is absolutely rubbish and doesnt make sense.i doubt seriously whether u are an igbo cos no igbo person can write such rubbish against his tribe
Dude, take it easy biko. The guy does not mean any harm.
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by ChinenyeN(m): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
Antivirus92: this ur post is absolutely rubbish and doesnt make sense.i doubt seriously whether u are an igbo cos no igbo person can write such rubbish against his tribe
Sigh. . .
Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by achi4u(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
@op,i for slap u__if u near me with that kind of ur ajuju.
well to anwers ur ajuju:
*Nke mbu table?___table aburu ihe ji azu ebu nri,Oburu ihe ji ukwu ano aga ije.
*Nke abuo Bed?___bed bu ugbo ura.inwekwara iji nke gi eme keke napepegringrin ma oburu na onwere ukwu.chai!grin
*Nke ato mosquito?___hahahagrin ha na aru oru dika ndi 'Mpiawa azu' nke Otu-onistha.

i ka nwere ajuju?grin

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo, Share Your Views. by Antivirus92(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
ChinenyeN:
Sigh. . .
don't have words for you hater! lipsrsealed
ChinenyeN:
Sigh. . .
don't have words for you hater!

(1) (Reply)

I Found Axum's Sister / Emir Of Gaya In Kano Is Dead / Tribes And Their Best Occupation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.