Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,546 members, 7,932,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:59 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1834270 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
asha 80: abia to udi?abia as in abia state or a town known as abia in enugu?
He probably meant Umuabi in Udi LGA of Enugu state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Whoever takes over from Gov. Chime must continue the man's great programmes especially on infrastructure.
Next big deal for Coal City is Geometric bringing the Enyimba power project home.
Enugu's future looks really bright if the current tempo of events continue.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nightshift: He probably meant Umuabi in Udi LGA of Enugu state.
ok.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nightshift: Whoever takes over from Gov. Chime must continue the man's great programmes especially on infrastructure.
Next big deal for Coal City is Geometric bringing the Enyimba power project home.
Enugu's future looks really bright if the current tempo of events continue.
don't you think it is time rural areas of enugu are faced?nsukka,awgu,igboeze etc?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
joeluv: SEC

It gives me joy seeing solid buildings under construction. This secretariat and that Army 5 star hotel are encouraging.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
asha 80: don't you think it is time rural areas of enugu are faced?nsukka,awgu,igboeze etc?
Sure, but because of the decade- long decay of Enugu it was pertinent to give the city profound facelift.
Gov. Chime has also tried in opening up some of the state's countryside. Although much still need to be done.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Abagworo:

It gives me joy seeing solid buildings under construction. This secretariat and that Army 5 star hotel are encouraging.
Personally, i hate the 82 Division of Nigeria Army hotel issue. We don't even need an army base at it's current Abakaliki Road abode.
Those folks should be relocated along Enugu - Port Harcourt Expressway - just like the one at Obinze, Owerri.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
One can notice a lot of bashing going on here. I'm so surprise this kind of childish argument has taking up to 4 pages, Like What ibo~ boi said that some people are already here to put conflict between south east state using state development as there basis to insult our intergrity.
I have also observe that not only inno18 and Bz are out for this mess, but most of them that I won't mention thire names but I have already reported to relevant authority to take a drastic action on these act of inpersonation .
My advice for the rest of umu nnam na umu nnem don't let them succeed on these mission simply ignore them and let us be positive with our self not forgetting that united we STAND.
Anambra,Abia,IMO,Ebonyi,Enugu
Anyi bu otu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
Enugu Airport Bypass Bridge works in articulated progress

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Establishing Right of Way : Okunino - Agbudu Road 2013

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ugwogo - Neke Road Transformation in

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
soma042: One can notice a lot of bashing going on here. I'm so surprise this kind of childish argument has taking up to 4 pages, Like What ibo~ boi said that some people are already here to put conflict between south east state using state development as there basis to insult our intergrity.
I have also observe that not only inno18 and Bz are out for this mess, but most of them that I won't mention thire names but I have already reported to relevant authority to take a drastic action on these act of inpersonation .
My advice for the rest of umu nnam na umu nnem don't let them succeed on these mission simply ignore them and let us be positive with our self not forgetting that united we STAND.
Anambra,Abia,IMO,Ebonyi,Enugu
Anyi bu otu

Dude are u high on Marijuana?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ugwogo - Neke Road Transformation in progress

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by onuleo(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
weldon bro joeluv. u r doin gud.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
joeluv: Ugwogo - Neke Road Transformation in progress
the asphalt here looks thick but the shoulder looks small.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
Obiagu/ Onuasata Roundabout : StoneBase activity in progress..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nightshift: Sure, but because of the decade- long decay of Enugu it was pertinent to give the city profound facelift.
Gov. Chime has also tried in opening up some of the state's countryside. Although much still need to be done.
though i agree with you on shoring up infrastructure in enugu city i do not believe in have a wonderful city and leaving the rural areas to look like relics of the 19th century so i hope the next administration focuses more on the rural areas and smaller towns in the state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WarriPikin1: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Joeluv, thank you for the nice pics.
I always view this thread because it is often filled with pics when ever it is updated.
RECENTLY IT BECAME about rants from Awkunanaw kids measuring their d.icks and beating their chest grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
joeluv: Obiagu/ Onuasata Roundabout : StoneBase activity in progress..
It seems Obiagu Rd is finally getting the attention it deserves. When i was in Enugu about a year ago, i noticed reconstruction works on some streets at New-Layout area.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WarriPikin1: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Those involved in the derailment of this thread have been banned for 1 week and their posts hidden. We shall no longer tolerate the derailment of this thread. Stick to the purpose the thread was created.

Thank you so much Sir for your prompt action on this matter. They should have been done immediately they started derailing and calling other places names so as to attract co-conspirators to help them rubbish this thread.Anyhow,better late than never. This thread should be respected in NL, since it has set the precedence of what we want NL to be. Not just a tribal place,but a place to showcase Nigeria's key centers. This thread inspired the UYo,Sokoto,Ibadan and similar threads of Nigeria,other than just Abuja and Lagos.These kids tried to rubbish this my favorite thread on NL and made me scared of opening a similar thread on Warri.

Anyhow, thanks for banning them.Their utterances was becoming unbearable. Please ban that bad kid mario again for 4 weeks once the one week is over. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Thank you so much Sir for your prompt action on this matter. They should have been done immediately they started derailing and calling other places names so as to attract co-conspirators to help them rubbish this thread.Anyhow,better late than never. This thread should be respected in NL, since it has set the precedence of what we want NL to be. Not just a tribal place,but a place to showcase Nigeria's key centers. This thread inspired the UYo,Sokoto,Ibadan and similar threads of Nigeria,other than just Abuja and Lagos.These kids tried to rubbish this my favorite thread on NL and made me scared of opening a similar thread on Warri.

Anyhow, thanks for banning them.Their utterances was becoming unbearable. Please ban that bad kid mario again for 4 weeks once the one week is over. grin grin grin
B2 mario wasnt even banned! Only Chino was singled out..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoIsBack: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
INNO18: B2 mario wasnt even banned! Only Chino was singled out..

I was not arrested by the mods. I was invited for questioning (in Soludo voice) grin

After that late afternoon e-war my wife gave me over dose so I went into deep sleep. Just woke now to see that our dear thread has come back to live. Kudos to afam. Don't worry very soon I will invite you all for my house opening party here in Awka to celebrate with me. cheesy

@ Sullivan Chime he has really shown that democracy is working in Enugu state. I know that wherever Chimaroke is now, he will be feeling so ashamed. Dalu rinne
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Is there any new good radio station in Coal city? Anytime i'm in Enugu i miss the good old days of Sunrise 96.1 FM. I miss those fine hours of good music and great radio voices such as " Mr C" Chuzzy Iboko, Ikechukwu Agu, Mike Anene, Gbuliwe Iwobi and Rosemary Azinge.

"Welome to Saturday night jam, my name is Mr. C , i'll keep you thrilled through the night with great music. And now, let's get down with Miss Tina Turner; she 's asking " What's love got to...."

Coal City Rocks! grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
Another announcer would tease Miss Iwobi to predict the outcome of Saturday's match between Rangers International and Iwuanyawu Nationale at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium.

Coal City is it! grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
History lesson : Enugu was the second city in Nigeria to get an FM radio station, after Port Harcourt the home of the then famous Radio Rivers 2 FM Stereo, on 99.128 MHZ.
Some years later Lagos got Ray Power FM.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
i decided to share these lil picture to my brothers and sisters that are in Diaspora especially those that like hanging out in a natural atmospheric environment or a quiet place to cool over the stress of life, that protea hotel aka NIKELAKE result hotel has all the natural endowment to make your outing down to the eastern part of the country a perfect destination.
Protea hotel is located in a community in Nkwo Nike, in Enugu off the city center. the location was choosing becouse of the environmental calmness and the water that surrounds it.
The lake is usually known for its neat nature, though at the time i took this pics, it has been raining for almost two weeks here, thats was the reason why the color of the water seems to have changed a bit.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nightshift: Is there any new good radio station in Coal city? Anytime i'm in Enugu i miss the good old days of Sunrise 96.1 FM. I miss those fine hours of good music and great radio voices such as " Mr C" Chuzzy Iboko, Ikechukwu Agu, Mike Anene, Gbuliwe Iwobi and Rosemary Azinge.

"Welome to Saturday night jam, my name is Mr. C , i'll keep you thrilled through the night with great music. And now, let's get down with Miss Tina Turner; she 's asking " What's love got to...."

Coal City Rocks! grin

Yes of course!
We have Dream FM, Solid FM and Caritas University Radio. Ngbatis Raypower FM has been sent packing. They cannot compete with Radio stations owned by Igbos. Those stations especially the Dream FM is da bomb. I bet you that u will not tune to Sunrise FM or Coal City FM once listen to those sations.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
ACM10:

Yes of course!
We have Dream FM, Solid FM and Caritas University Radio. Ngbatis Raypower FM has been sent packing. They cannot compete with Radio stations owned by Igbos. Those stations especially the Dream FM is da bomb. I bet you that u will not tune to Sunrise FM or Coal City FM once listen to those sations.
are you sure it competition that affected raypower enugu because ait enugu is also having issues....ait is owned by raymond dokpesi from edo state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
ACM10:

Yes of course!
Well, i use to like Cool FM in Lagos when it was newly opened. Though my all time favorite still remains Radio Rivers 2, it was so famous that people use to visit Port Harcourt just to feel the station's vibes and voices.
Luckily, i lived in Enyimba city where the station was as clear as it was in Port Harcourt.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
ACM10:

Yes of course!
we have two new stations Solid fm and Dream fm, dream fm is the oga at the top
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
Eifeh: we have two new stations Solid fm and Dream fm, dream fm is the oga at the top
Where are these radio stations located in Enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
joeluv: Abia - Udi Road : Road Transformation in progress.

^^^This rural road is simply beautiful!....though they shouldn't forget the road markings to complete it. It's even got street lights as a bonus!

Can anyone post pics of Enugu urban? It's been more than a year now since we last got updates.....just want to see if they've maintained the high standards of environmental sanitation which was lacking about the time Chime went for a medical trip. And I hope the roads he built in the first two years of his administration are being maintained.

We've not yet seen much of what the Governor has done in education, health and agriculture, but going by what's shown thus far i have to say i'm impressed with the quality and scope of work shown; i'll grade him 75% on this! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.