Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,125 members, 7,852,830 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen (14390 Views)

Ondo Farmers Reject Proposed Grazing Routes For Fulani Herdsmen / APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch / Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
i like the "National Grazing Reserves Commission" idea, roflmao!!!
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
the people supporting this bill are FOOLISH....when did cattle rearing become a federal government project...this is a stupid way the north wants to acquire land free of charge all over Nigeria..........Is cattle rearing not a business of the Fulanis......if it is there business let them use there money to acquire land anywhere they want.....Make they no come south East oh.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by 9javoice1(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
1)hausa/fulani will get free land every where in naija, that is not enuf,
they need another free land to graze their cattles.

? why can't they buy a land to erect a structure for their own shelter unless its free?
but in sokoto we buy land from them b4 we erect structures.

? why can't they pay for grasses unless it's free of charge?
but when we need cow or beaf we pay them b4 we have it.

Now lets reverse the situation here.
1)if core-northern nigeria has a big sea, can an ijaw man fish there freely?
2) Can an igbo man sell his beer freely in sokoto? and feed his pigs freely in kano?
3) can a yoruba man rcv a free land in zamfara to buld his club for night party?
4) can a MB man be allowed to sell his burukutu in front of a mosque in kastina?

why isit tht nigeria gov are not keen to give the southerners free things but to core north everything to them is free.
they pay no price for anything in nigeria.
tell me why they should not hav "born to rule mentality"

whoever gv ds id10ts any pc of land in alaigbo will be stone to death.
is it because they are fighting their host comunity? then if that is the case, its time we fight back like wounded lion.
decimate them and instill terror in them.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
unclenna: the people supporting this bill are FOOLISH....when did cattle rearing become a federal government project...this is a stupid way the north wants to acquire land free of charge all over Nigeria..........Is cattle rearing not a business of the Fulanis......if it is there business let them use there money to acquire land anywhere they want.....Make they no come south East oh.
You see how some of our senator disgrace us with their myopic reasoning.........The cash realized from cattle rearing is it used to build school or construct road? FOOLISH ILLITERATES IN POWER(FIP)
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ahmedie25: Sentement apart ,this bill could have prevent future crises between fulanis & farmers,but Nigerians sentlement will not allow it.
Aboke
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
nwabobo[b:
]@topic, will shopping malls also be acquired for our igbo brothers who travel elsewhere for greener pastures?

The Igbos buy land to erect their shops or rent one when they go up North to do business. If the Fulanis want land for grazing, they should as well be able to purchase one or at least rent afterall it's their private business they r running. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.[/b]
good talk

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
Billyonaire: Its a good bill as far as the Grazing Land will be up North.....where they belong....
GOOD TALK
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=la furia]i quite understand and agree with d point from d southerners but i ask how do we address d frequent clashes btw farmers and cattle rearers. D southerners cant pretend not to want cattle meat thoug fish might do. D north dont hv enough grassland to cater for the cattles and goin to d southern part becomes a neccesity. Was thinkin d fulanis could be made 2 pay tax to d host community. If d bill gets thrown out, d fulanis wud continue wt d prblm becous no law says they cant graze anywhere. Unfortunately this nigeria, sentiment wont let pple see d merit and demerit of d bill.[/quote]No body should be allowed to graze anywhere....if fulani want to graze their cattles they should acquire a land and do so...
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by rhymz(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
I wonder at times the way northern politicians reason, they have this mindset that the FG must always come up with intervention plans when issues concerns the north.
They like to walk over the main issues and dwell on sentimental politics of no sense. Even here in the north, Fulani nomads occassionaly clash with local hausa farmers whose crops their cattle destroy in the process of grazing. Let alone in communities that have nothing in common with them.
The proposition in that bill is so insensitive and insulting to the rest of us. They make it look like we are afraid of the Fulanis that we have to make sacrifices to appease them. For God sake, these herdsmen are private business men not some emergency refugees that need settlements. There is no sense in recommending any special intervention for private business men that will take Lands from communities and hand them over to some cattle nomads for the purpose of grazing for the cattle. Nigerians doing business in other parts of the countries especially here in the north are not given such grants or privileges; this is common sense, you want anything you buy it with your own money.
There are far more Igbo and Yoruba people here in Sokoto doing all manner of businesses, they pay tax to the local officials, the space they use is rented and not given to them for free. The cattle these Fulanis rare are sold in the market and not given out for free. Why should anyone shift ground for them to rare their cattle in a primitive style that encroaches on other peoples means of livelyhood when there are far more effective ways of raring their cattle without having to move them around and risking clashes between them and their host communities. The northern senators need to come off their high horse and false sense of entitlement, nobody owes them anything, if they feel so strongly about the the Fulani nomads they should set up a settlement program in the north, that will house them and their cattle in ranches, provide them with basic ammenities like water, electrical installations, medicine and shelter. Design the program in such a way that the herdsmen and their families will be taught modern techniques on how to raise more cattle per acre of grazing land, how to use the faecal by-products of their cattle grow more grass for grazing. And in the end, tax them for the services. No need to make their problems everyone else's. My Igbo brothers doing business in Sokoto hardly gets anything here for free, yet they are all Nigerians even though thesame can not be said for all the Fulanis. Unless of course there is an expansionist agenda, they should drop or redesign that preposterous bill in a way that it will address the main problems rather than magnify it with ludicrous propositions.

4 Likes

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
very soon it will be "FULANI MUST GO"....LOL grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by 9javoice1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
Our yoruba brother's in the house did you all see why i said that "AFENIFERE" should not advice this evil ppl not to live naija.
the earlier they run away the better for us.

This guys has ulterior motives can't we see it?
Buhari said during election that if he becomes naija president "that state of origin should be replaced with state of birth".

that looks so innocent/cool in the eyes of fools.
Buhari suported sharianazation of all core-northern states and wants to establish state of birth.
did he remember there are non muslims in core-north?
how has he fought for their right?
how do we trust him to fight for our rights when a fulani man becomes a SE/SW/SS/MB Fulani?
can an animist in sokoto vile for governor seat without fulani's shouting allakuba during voting?

during last election, Buhari said that "core-norths should vote the person that will defend their faith".
therfore i blv strongly that there is a ground motive on all ths game.

all fulani northern elites are behind this move,
all fulani politicians fought for sharia till they get it,
when they wana move MB/south, they are using herdsmen to gain entrance.
when they wana take bak power from the south,they are using boko haram.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by aribisala0(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
It is wrong to say no law says you cannot graze.
Can you take your cattle to graze on the national stadium pitch and say there is no law.
The law of trespass is very much alive.[/b]The fact that people or communities are tolerant does not mean there is no law.

[b]TRESSPASS = intentional and unpermitted contact with the plaintiff's person or anything attached to it and practically identified with it

I cannot speak for the North but in the SW there is no single land that has no owner.

A lot of people use nomads to establish occupancy over land that they are not ready to develop and often give them tacit permission.
Land ownership procedures are probably different in the North especially where they have Fulani Emirs but do NOT make that mistake to say there is no law.It is wrong
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by 9javoice1(m): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
because of all this happenings:

ALL HAUSA/FULANI'S IN ANY REGION SHOULD BE TASK TO PAY FOR ANY LAND THEY OCCUPY.

ANY GRASS THEIR CATTLES ATE SHALL BE PAID FOR.

since we don't get anything free from them, so shall we not give them any free thing.

they hav mistaking our hospitality as foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by jimmyboy1010(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
edicolove: I read this story earlier this morning and was like dumb for 2 minutes! Are you kiddin me? Grazing reserves across the country!!! Honestly, this born to rule folks are spitting on our faces. I beg of you, south east, south south, south west and middlebelt folks, let's stop fighting each other for one minute and face these guys and chase them out! I am crazily serious! Its just enough!

Our continous fight is giving these guys an edge to mess with us. They either let's up have our peace or get the heck off our backs. This is nonsense. And before I forget, where is musiwa2 and those sattelite pictures! Musiwa oh! Where are you?
Nice one my brother!, Hausa/Fulani elites wants to capture the entire Nation of as their inheritance. How on earth will they believe they can graze on another man's "Ancestral Land" just like that? it happens in my Home Town of Sagam in Ogun state in 1998 and we killed Hausa's em-mass!!! They are devils in nature when you slightly offend them, they will forget you're their host!. "They are Land Grabbers".
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by icez: 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
"National Grazing Reserves Commission"

From one commission to another commission
The salaries of Federal Civil Servants is almost half of the federal budget. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
Apart from trespass law in many states there is something called development or planning code which designates what kind of use land in particular areas may be used for.
Even if you own the land you cannot establish a poultry or an abattoir in a residential area.The fact that law enforcement is slack does not mean government cannot wake up any time e.g Makoko or Gbundu waterside.
Go and graze in Ikoyi and see what's up
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
edicolove:

As in I cant understand us sometimes. Its as if we are in 1952. I mean just like that? Acquire grazing lands across the country? Like are we southerners that dumb? I am still trying to figure out how someone thought this up let alone write it down painstakingly as a bill to be passed into law. My head cant get around it still. I am beginning to see clearly that these guys have an agenda. They want to occupy, simple as ABC. get into or lands, breed like locust and secure indigine status.This is not a joke oh. We better open our eyes very wide. Else when the war starts, they wont be marching down south to fight us, they will just emerge from our own back yards! To be forewarned is to be forearmed. He that hath an ear, let him pull it hard and hear double oh!!!
You've said it all bro!
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Abagworo(m): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2012
9ja voice:
This guys has ulterior motives can't we see it?
Buhari said during election that if he becomes naija president "that state of origin should be replaced with state of birth".

1st off. It wasn't Buhari that gave that excellent Idea. It was IBB and I'm in total support. Why are people so stuck on land and tribe?
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Ufeolorun(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
Childish paranoia over minority bororos? Na wa o grin
Abẹ́re sọ̀ nu ẹ́ gbé Sango.

Should be up to the states,really.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by tribalism(m): 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
to prove that the bill is the solution to the continued clashes between the herdsmen and the host communities, let them put the bill to use in the core north for about 30 years and see what happens. tu.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by unclenna(m): 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
Look at their plan...Imagine when Nigeria will later split we will have southern fulani with equal right...TUFIAKWA
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by tribalism(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
Abagworo:

1st off. It wasn't Buhari that gave that excellent Idea. It was IBB and I'm in total support. Why are people so stuck on land and tribe?
who are you asking or decieving. no land, no tribe, no nigeria!
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by rhymz(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
Abagworo:

Are you sure you understand the implication of your suggestion. So you are saying that in order to stop Nomadic Fulani herdsmen every state or region should provide them with free grazing land? Why have you not made thesame suggestion for your fellow Igbo brothers trading in other parts of Nigeria especially in the North.
Are you suggesting that Fulani herdsmen should be pacified? Do you know that by doing so you will be unwittingly giving impetus to the general belief that to get FG attention and sympathy a group or tribe will have to indulge in violence?
What exactly is your rationale for making such an argument for them.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by delpee(f): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
IMO cattle ranches yield far better quantity and more nutritious meat than the long suffering cows trekking all over the place. Enlightened northerners have cattle ranches, why cant they educate their people? For instance it seems Maizube farms which produces fresh milk etc is owned by Gen. Abdusalam.

Perhaps its time southerners realised that there's need for more cattle ranches down south to provide beef/fresh milk for the populace. Times have changed and this nomadic stuff simply doesn't jell with today's realities. Moreover a combination of Boko Haram issues and nomadic Fulani carrying AK47 about to kill unarmed farmers spells doom for the unity of this country.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Beync(f): 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
Tufiakwa this animals should not near my state with their diseases infested cattles. they should carry their cattle back to niger repubic
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Elueme: 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
I SmH.what rattles me is the suspicion that these Hausa Fulanis think they are sensible than others whereas in the actual sense they have a cow brains.. A bill seeking exclusive preserve of grazing land across the country? What an insult on our collective sensibilities.. They should never make mention of that absurdity cos it ll never work or they sacrifice their savannas for this. Let them know that we are now wiser
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by vladimiros: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
any southern senator that votes for this should have his house burnt down
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
vladimiros: any southern senator that votes for this should have his house burnt down
+100 . I totally agree . i made a post similar to yours earlier on.
Mr.chippychappy:

If they want grazing fields then how about they turn one of their northern states into a TOTAL GRAZING FIELD ! Bauchi , Gombe , Sokoto , Katsina , Niger , Yobe , Adamawa , Borno , Kebbi , Kwara etc they should choose one of these states and TURN IT INTO THEIR GRAZING FIELD . If they come down south THEY WOULD DEFINITELY ATTACK THEIR HOSTS and then all hell would break lose , It would be so bad that west africa and indeed africa at large would feel the impact of this . I would also suggest that ALL SOUTHERNERS keep an eye on their REPRESENTATIVE IN THE SENATE and if by some dubious means (ghana must go exchange) any southern senator votes YES for this Bill and the bill is passed , then i would urge southerners to HOLD THAT REPRESENTATIVE IN THE SENATE responsible for any action the herdsmen carry out on their hosts , An eye for an eye and if the herdsmen kill or r.ape any of their hosts then the Southerners should burn down that senators house , attack and if possible kill that southern senator who voted in favour of this bill because that senator is a traitor who betrayed his people and he too must suffer
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Abagworo(m): 12:42am On Jul 22, 2012
rhymz: Are you sure you understand the implication of your suggestion. So you are saying that in order to stop Nomadic Fulani herdsmen every state or region should provide them with free grazing land? Why have you not made thesame suggestion for your fellow Igbo brothers trading in other parts of Nigeria especially in the North.
Are you suggesting that Fulani herdsmen should be pacified? Do you know that by doing so you will be unwittingly giving impetus to the general belief that to get FG attention and sympathy a group or tribe will have to indulge in violence?
What exactly is your rationale for making such an argument for them.

My comment was on "State of residence" proposal by IBB. It will help reduce tribalism and discrimination in Nigeria. I seem not to have that sort of what I consider ethnic bondage I notice among Nigerians and hence see things from a neutral point of view. We should all see ourselves as Nigerians.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Crayola1: 12:58am On Jul 22, 2012
Abagworo:

My comment was on "State of residence" proposal by IBB. It will help reduce tribalism and discrimination in Nigeria. I seem not to have that sort of what I consider ethnic bondage I notice among Nigerians and hence see things from a neutral point of view. We should all see ourselves as Nigerians.

As much as I agree the problem is they way that Nigeria currently is, residency as it is practiced in the US would be abused very quickly in Nigeria. Before an election a unscrupulous politician can call his neighbors from a nearby state to take up temporary residence to sway an election in his favor. The situation in Plateau state would be several times worse if residency was in place.

The system to keep people honest is not in place unfortunately

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by ebere1712: 1:10am On Jul 22, 2012
If Biafra can raise an army to fight the world in 3 months, south Nigeria would obliterate any fulani offensive anytime with bare hands. Fulani retrace your steps. Choose peace and embrace your African brothers. Don't wage a war you can't win. Word is enough for the wise. Even if you were a billion people. Retrace your steps.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by igboboy1(m): 3:40am On Jul 22, 2012
Anunam...Ok no problem, then there should be a bill to give:
1. Our Igbo brother's land in each state to set up shop
2. Our Ijaw brothers access to all land along the River Niger & Benue from the N &S of the Country to setup fishing centers
3. Our Yoruba brothers to set up Amala & Ewedu Shop in each state

Arrant non sense....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash / About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner / 2023 Presidency: No Difference Between APC And PDP - Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.