Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,427 members, 7,901,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:26 AM

007gal's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 007gal's Profile / 007gal's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Romance / Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 007gal(f): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
matiandu:
10 years is ok grin or you both date till death do you part

You no well o.. grin but really it should not be a very long affair if the both of you are well matured and ready, six months should be just right to know if you want to spend your life with this person or now.
If the there are young couples, then about a year .. all depends on the circumstances .. college, unemployment, age.. e.tc
Celebrities / Re: Paul Okoye's Funny Reaction To The Food In DUBAI (photos) by 007gal(f): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
cnwamo:
Bros your name na Lion aka Lionel Maga... grin grin grin
you too lie abeg
smelling lie
i don dey China close to a year now and the worst thing wey i see na frog o!!!!
Where for China you dey sef? abi na dat your website wey dey for the 2nd picture be your China?

Maga Oshi!!!!
in Chinese

你是不好人。

LOOL. some pple can lie.. he said he snapped it meanwhile he googled it. grin grin grin grin
Celebrities / Re: Finally! Linda Ikeji Is Now Engaged? [PHOTOS] by 007gal(f): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
OP... nice one.. grin grin grin
Celebrities / Re: Linda Ikeji Launches New Website's by 007gal(f): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
Truly, serious guys won't be on LI everyday.The first thing I was told to do by professionals who are successful was to stop wasting my time on gossip mags and cheap talk.

Instead, focus on real news like CNN, Bloomberg, Forbes and Documentaries to broaden my intellectual skills. undecided

4 Likes

Family / Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by 007gal(f): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
sandijey:

Learn to read and assimilate. You don't have to agree to my post. But I won't waste my time typing bull shit. I stand on my assertion and I won't apologise for that. If u believe otherwise fine. How many men climbed the ladder of success through women. The society has nothing against men being successful. Man's progress most of the time cannot be stifled by any woman. Not to say it's not happening but it is rare. But for women starting from secondary school men are already stiffling her progress. Molestation of all sorts. The train continues into the university and then the real world.

I am not agreeing to your post hence my opinion. From your reply, it seems you grew up pretty much with competition/ stifling around you from guys. It's not the same for some you know.
Celebrities / Re: Linda Ikeji Launches New Website's by 007gal(f): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2014
joseph1832:
Really we Nigerians never can see what's in front of us even if that thing is staring right at us.
Google accused her of committing an offense, before they close her blog they must have carried out an investigation which in time must have lead to the closure of her blog.
We all know how many of these bloggers live of the sweat of many gifted and not too gifted writers.
I hope this her website will not repeat the mistake of her blog. My advice: Go out their and get the news Linda instead of doing copy and paste or putting it in your own words. If you can buy a jeep worth millions, I wonder why you can't employ writers and journalist who'll go out there and get the news for you.
A word is enough for the wise but its never enough for a Nigerian.

I certainly do not hate Linda. In fact in a way am proud of her because she was able to turn things around to favor her. The only grouse is what you said in the last sentence. When the going start getting good. Use your resources and look for better way to improve. I was highly disappointed that she did not take that vital step to defend herself. I am shocked that she has no well meaning IT friends to tell her the truth about her site.
She should know that really CHANGE is the best. Really I wonder why she didn't take this opportunity to make it better and bigger.

I hope she learns from this. Am sure shoe would.
Family / Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by 007gal(f): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2014
sandijey:

My dear, u have said it all. The problem is women who are even qualified indulge in it out of fear, poverty and lack of options. I am yet to see any man that will help a woman climb the ladder of success for free. Its not only happening in naija. Even abroad. I must say I have first hand info about most successful women in naija. They might seem brave now to a lot of novice but they all have a past. For this reasons, I have narrowed my definition of a successful woman to someone who never ate grass. Someone who was always in grace. Someone that has a background. Someone that has name. Ultimately someone who comes from a family that is ok, those kind of successful women hardly have stories. They really don't have any reason to sleep their way to the top because of their family influence.

But u see most of this women wey no get name and no get money from the beginning and became successful. They can never tell u everything. We just see the surface but she will not tell u about the molest. Etc. Not even talking about popular women. Just women who are bosses in different organisations. Even if the woman is brilliant. At a time, her promotion will be hanging on a foolish man's desk. When she gets promoted, novices will say she got there because she has always been exemplary. Lol. They will not no her struggle and pain......

It's a bad thing but that's the reality on ground. It will not change any time soon and it might get worse. Nobody is totally sure of anything. Na my own story sure pass
I

That is all BS. And what about men? Men who had nothing and became something, what pain must they have gone thru to get there in hands of women? The OP's message is clear. Men need women and women need men. That's why God created us as complementary to each other. I am not in anyway supporting promiscuity whether in men or women. But I do not agree with you that all successful women got to their position somehow through sleeping their way to the top. It happens but trust me.. even those women who do that are not DUMB and CLUELESS. At a point I think guys like to prove they are in charge by strong arming women into sex to show dominance and control.
Having said that, my point is, NOT all successful women with a poor background fall for that. Sheer hardwork and prayers work.. FUNNY ENOUGH tho.. it's getting increasingly difficult as the days become more wicked. Integrity is becoming a rare commodity.

I NEED A MAN and am sure A man needs me .. grin

3 Likes

Health / Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by 007gal(f): 1:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Tinyemeka:

Brother, we share the same age down to a few days. May born.
Same thing happened to me severally. Not yet 30 and I already felt old. My colleague would look at me strange.
Get into a serious relationship and get married. Then focus on major targets, life goals. Determine things that give you satisfaction. They are there if you search deep enough. And pursue them. It'll take your mind off those 'mid-life blues'.
You are probably a melancholic like me. I never had any girlfriend till I was 28, didn't party in school or at home and everyone kept yabbing me that my wife danced far more better than me at our trad and wedding. But I can't come and go and come and kill myself.
Like I said, find things to divert your attention and give you joy (not alcohol, parties or p0rn) and long term happiness and pursue your life goals. Forget missed runs and old age and all the things associated with them
They'll come when they'll come. Enjoy your life and hope for a good future now. Your depression is supposed to be a phase. It'll pass with time. Cheers bro.

Telling someone who is already depressed to go and find a wife and get married is NOT the solution. This is a psychological health issue and it could just be MID LIFE CRISIS.. yes! I said it... you will be amazed that this does not only happen to men/women in their 40's anymore. It has been proved that more of our 'google generation' are falling into depression early on in their life. That's why you are having this feeling. You feel at this age you should have ticked everything in your 'bucketlist" but the reality is that you have not and that is setting you into this conundrum of emotion.

I was 32 when I felt this.I stopped working 9-5. I took a break. I was tired of everything. I decided I will live life for a year or two. I had savings.. I enrolled in smaller classes for gardening, piano lessons and flower class. It was therapy for me.. I hung out more with good friends and cancelled my long bucket list of MUST ACHIEVE THIS BY THIS AGE. Created simpler ones. I STOPPED BEING HARD ON MY SELF... I set smaller goals and achieved them one step at a time with flexibility. I stopped seeing life as one ball of complication and competition. I went back to work only part time to top up my savings and I got serious in giving my time to others ( my ministry) I did things that made me HAPPY. I got my life back. Lived a simpler life.. and eliminated that invisible bar only me set up for myself.

I do not know what will work best for you. You need to just find out yourself. Do something.. learn a language, take a hobby, develop friendships, learn to understand that success is not about material riches. Live simple and travel to see the world one step at a time.
Career / Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by 007gal(f): 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
samuel25:
#My small phone cant contain the story at once hence the break. #MyExperienceContinue: I started farming in the village during 2014 farming season but poor market, expensive and inadequate labour, CAPITAL are serious discourager.
In essence, self employed isnt easy in our country especially if you dont have wealthy and influenced background.

I am sorry to hear this but your entrepreneurship spirit is never lost and one can definitely not compare your street skills to a grad in a company. You are still more likely to make it better than a grad in company. It might take longer but when you get there, you realize you will make it even 10x more than the crappy money they make working in a white collar job.

One thing you need to know... some fields leads to bigger material gain than others..I met a guy who got into MLM and in 5 years his name is amongst the top richest in the world.

Keep the faith..

1 Like

Pets / Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by 007gal(f): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
We simply have no heros in Nigeria everybody will rather save their flesh than watch a child die in horror.

I love Dogs. I am a dog-person. I hate cats.. well simplybecuase of an awful experience with cats. Having said that, Dogs are actually one of the best friends humans could have. The owner should be arrested really because those dogs were apparently trained too, ATTACK humans . They were not even trained properly. A trained dog will act on hearing his master's instruction. But I guess instincts in them made the Dogs act that way. Dogs love a good chase. when they see one, they go for it but not with the intention to hurt others so those dogs were trained to do one thing- ATTACK

There are also different species of Dogs. What I dont understand is why most naija guys like the ones that grows big and scary. They make them what they are.. to be hateful.

We used to have a family dog and I remember vividly how he used to protect the baby in the house as if it's his child. Everybody testifies to his protective nature. He doesn't bite anybody in our neighbourhood and he is never on chain. He comes running whenever he hears the last born ( then a baby) if he hears him as much as whimpers or cries while playing. He comes and bark to scare whoever or whatever made him cry. Always by his side. He was family to us. We all loved him till he died. He was very faithful.We all cried when he died.
Pets / Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by 007gal(f): 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
We simply have no heros in Nigeria everybody will rather save their flesh than watch a child die in horror.

I love Dogs. I am a dog-person. I hate cats.. well simplybecuase of an awful experience with cats. Having said that, Dogs are actually one of the best friends humans could have. The owner should be arrested really because those dogs were apparently trained too, ATTACK humans . They were not even trained properly. A trained dog will act on hearing his master's instruction. But I guess instincts in them made the Dogs act that way. Dogs love a good chase. when they see one, they go for it but not with the intention to hurt others so those dogs were trained to do one thing- ATTACK

There are also different species of Dogs. What I dont understand is why most naija guys like the ones that grows big and scary. They make them what they are.. to be hateful.

We used to have a family dog and I remember vividly how he used to protect the baby in the house as if it's his child. Everybody testifies to his protective nature. He doesn't bite anybody in our neighbourhood and he is never on chain. He comes running whenever he hears the last born ( then a baby) if he hears him as much as whimpers or cries while playing. He comes and bark to scare whoever or whatever made him cry. Always by his side. He was family to us. We all loved him till he died. He was very faithful.We all cried when he died.

1 Like

Family / Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by 007gal(f): 11:42am On Oct 06, 2014
If you need to hear God speak to you, then read HIS words the BIBLE. That is the only way you can hear Him speak to you now.
Celebrities / Re: Ini Edo Busted By Her In-law Over Divorce Saga Lies by 007gal(f): 11:33am On Oct 06, 2014
I don't care what is being said about her. When a guy gets bitter, they say anything to spite the girl..

Why did he marry her if he had the slightest reason to doubt her loyalty? You went ahead to marry her STILL despite all.

I don't know what the true story is.. I am not saying she is entirely out of blame. What I am saying is.,

I WILL NOT TAKE YOUR WORDS FOR WHAT IT IS. SO STFU AND DEAL WITH YOUR OWN PROBLEM.

PERIOD!

6 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Robin Williams Is Dead! by 007gal(f): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2014
I feel really sad for him.

Depression is real. It's like a deep well of no ending. A very dark spot where nothing absolutely nothing except God's grace and prayers can bring you back. When someone is depressed, you don't feel, don't find anything funny or amusing. Life is a pain to live thru everyday.

I can tell you this cause have had a mild case of depression that was triggered when I travelled to germany and noticed how clean and organized everyone was in there. It made me crave for normality so much that I fell depressed.

I recovered when I got back home infact when I saw the thatched roof and mud and dirty road .. for the first time in months I laughed and cried at the same time!...

Depression is evil. If any of your family members are showing signs of being everly sad please take them seriously and find out what could be the cause of their being sad.

3 Likes

Sports / Re: Nigeria Wins Gold On Commonwealth Games. by 007gal(f): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
why does it always have to boil down to tribe? Igbo or yoruba how does that affect the resulting truimph??

Even if she is not 16 years old all this talk might make someone open a probe on her age and maybe disqualify her.. then y'all will be happy abi?
Romance / Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by 007gal(f): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
redgem:
Lol...we don't form, we know how you guys behave
Firstly, no manner of approach
Secondly. Sorry to say but your male folks behave like kids

Guys are just too vain.. that's why I don't feel sorry for them when their relationship burns.. not that I wish that on anybody but on a guy that ditches the best girls for another because of yansh.. when it goes awfully wrong.. I always almost like sticking out my tongue..
Crime / Re: Nigerian In UK Caught In 4 Million Pounds Biggest Education Fraud by 007gal(f): 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
I am so glad I am not back in the UK.. Going to work this morning with this news would have been a painful monday morning!
Family / Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 007gal(f): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=lrguru] sir/madam, how many ladies wear high heels inside their house or room? They only wear it when goin out, and we all know that even if their husband is with them who is the centre of their world, he is not the only one seeing her on the road, n like I said, most people lookin at her always look at her lustfully, cos there's no lady that is young or old who wears high heels and her n.yash does not bounce or move .....

Abeg I do.. I do wear high heels inside my room and walk around in it..stop being myopic pls. The only thing is like I say try not to stumble others out of love for others and glory to God. If wearing high heels in your village would make people curse you and make your ministry suffer (not accepting God's words) then please don't but if it's an acceptable norm then please go ahead.. if anyman wants to be stumbled cos of high heels he should go check himself properly. There's an underlining factor to that.

As long as you are dressed within the limits of God's standard as stated in his words, you are fine ( no mini skirts, side boobs and frontal boobs and drop waist ) (moderate and decent cloths with high shoes is fine jo)
Family / Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 007gal(f): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2014
All of you making points about God's principle on makeup and not.

I can state clearly that God is not against makeup or wearing jewelries. The Bible clearly makes the point that ..that is not a criteria for salvation but it does not give us the instruction to avoid them. God gave guidelines on how to be balanced in a way that would be pleasing to HIM.

The watchword is balance. I remember the apostle paul saying something about marriage he said if you can be single... then its better for you. But if you marry , you have not sinned either.. so this issue of makeup and no makeup.. is a matter of conscience and balance. I will not criticize people who feels funny about makeup.. it's their conscience and I respect that. I love makeup and I use it not in a way that would stumble others when am in my christian service or while preaching.

What I know God will not like is being dirty. My God is not a dirty God. Infact if you respect Him, you will never be a dirty person and be a spiritual man at the same time both Physically and Morally.

@OP JUST TELL HER YOU ARE UNHAPPY ABOUT HER unkempt state . They are some nude makeup she can be comfortable with..

Anyways !! I love this Indian Inspirational makeup tho..( saw it on myweddingnigeria)

Family / Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 007gal(f): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2014
First of!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING LEAVING YOUR WIFE BECAUSE OF THAT!

I have only one question to ask!

DID YOU MARRY HER FOR BEAUTY OR FOR WHAT SHE STOOD FOR, HER PERSON?

It's obvious you are the kind of man that would dissolve a marriage if your wife is going through any form of disability!

What of making her see reasons from God's viewpoint? After all you are the head of the home and you need to tackle spiritual things, in a spiritual way with a mild temper and LOVE! Geeze!
Career / Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by 007gal(f): 7:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
If you have a passion for something that you know can bring in cash.. Give yourself a time plan in researching and making enquiries while saving as much as you can.
This could be a period or 6 months or more.During that period, if time allows, start the process and get a feel of working on your own. Then plan a clean break from the grind called 9 to 5.

Better still get a less demanding job that would booster your career even if they pay less. Just for some time to get yourself back. I know of people who go on career breaks but that won't apply here in Naija cos of the expenses and all.
Nairaland / General / Re: See What Happens To Those That Insult People On Social Network: Photo by 007gal(f): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
abi o! I was looking for photos o.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.