Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,674 members, 7,902,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

0225front's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0225front's Profile / 0225front's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Politics / Re: Dan Orbih's Hotel Building On Adesuwa Road In Edo. Photos Shared By APCNEWSBLOG by 0225front: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
Obaseki focused on GOOD GOVERNANCE
PDP focused on PROPAGANDA. No amount of propaganda will match the laudable and impressive showing of the governor.

2 Likes

Career / Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by 0225front: 8:05am On Feb 23, 2018
predmine20:
The sole reason of posting this topic is due to my recent experience during my job hunting.

Nairalanders do you know that all the companies i went to submit my c.v is manned by a woman as their receptionist.

The painful thing is that some of them are rude.

These corporate policy is prejudice because we have many women in the army fighting alongside their male colleagues as combatants so why the policy of only female receptionist.

Let's consider four reasons;

1. Women are more agreeable, friendly by nature

2. Both sexes generally find women more attractive

3. More women would rather take less stress-related jobs and do not mind easier jobs with lesser pay

4. Executives would rather have female secs (for all the right or wrong reasons!)

But our uber-feminists will argue all these

1 Like

Politics / Re: Edo State Govt. Mulls Jail Term For Perpetrators Of Violence Against Children by 0225front: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2018
This scourge is very prevalent both in Edo state and Nigeria as a whole. The govts at state and national levels should take a cue from this and tackle it holistically. Failure to act expediently will jeopardize the future of our children and that of our nation.
Politics / Re: All Relief Items For IDPs Were Judiciously Distributed - Obaseki's Aide by 0225front: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2018
Some people cannot disappoint sha... OBASEKI 10 - EdoPDP 0
Politics / Re: Contributory Pension: Only Edo Govt. 11 Others Fully Remitting Contributions -FG by 0225front: 7:57am On Feb 22, 2018
A big KUDOS to Anambra, Delta, Edo, Ekiti, FCT, Jigawa, Kaduna, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Rivers state governors. Other governors should not complain when their citizens and workforce act against them in the future. These governors obviously appreciate the need to be responsible for the welfare of their people, both for the present and for the future.
Politics / Re: Contributory Pension: Only Edo Govt. 11 Others Fully Remitting Contributions -FG by 0225front: 7:47am On Feb 22, 2018
Chufomat:
Have you keenly observed that Edo, Delta, and Anambra capitals lie on a stretch? Another irony is that the 3 governors all have their surnames beginning with later O..

Can anybody explain that?

Oga you get eye. It's the mid-west trade wind blowing sense in Edo and Delta and spreading to Anambra! LOLZ
Agriculture / Re: Agripreneur Project: Edo State Govt. Calls For Maize, Cassava, Rice Off-Takers by 0225front: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2018
This is the real "stomach infrastructure", not doling out nylon bags of rice and N2000 to uninformed and sycophant voters. Well done @GovernorObaseki

1 Like

Politics / Re: LENT: Obaseki enjoins Catholics, Christian communities on Spiritual Rebirth by 0225front: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2018
Chufomat:
This is the first write-up I am seeing today about this year's lent.

To be sincere, I was not even aware today is Ash Wednesday until now.

Another plus for the governor, that's a thotful leader for you
Family / Feminist Reluctantly Admits Women's Fight For Equality Has Gone Too Far by 0225front: 9:28am On Feb 13, 2018
Men are now the downtrodden sex: Feminist (and mother of a son) reluctantly admits women's fight for equality has gone too far

(Excepts from original article)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3988030/As-provocative-film-argues-women-s-fight-equality-gone-far-emasculated-men-one-feminist-mother-son-reluctantly-admits-Men-downtrodden-sex.html

By Linda Kelsey for the Daily Mail

Have men really been disenfranchised by feminism?
There is a new film called The Red Pill which makes a compelling case

Looking back, I can pinpoint the precise moment I became a feminist. I was 17, a bright-eyed student at Warwick University, with a well-thumbed copy of The Female Eunuch clutched in my hand. During the years that have passed since — some of them spent as the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine — the advances made by the women’s movement have been extraordinary.

The Red Pill film has provoked outrage among women’s groups. Its feminist director, Cassie Jaye, has been pilloried for questioning her own beliefs about women’s roles in society and the consequences of feminism for men.

I’ve witnessed the introduction of the Sex Discrimination and Equal Pay Acts, the recognition — and criminalisation — of rape in marriage, the right for women to be taxed separately from their husbands, not to mention massive improvements in maternity rights.

But for many years now — and as the mother of a son in his late 20s — I’ve had a growing sense of unease about what these achievements have meant for men. If, over the past half a century, women have been noisily smashing through glass ceilings in almost every field, then at the same time it seems as if men’s voices have been slowly drowned out.

We may have been building a better world for ourselves, but men, it seems, have been left behind in a way that will have negative repercussions for us all.

A controversial new film, The Red Pill, due to be released next month, has raised hackles by taking a closer look at today’s gender wars and questioning whether or not it is men who are the real losers in the battle of the sexes.

With the gender pay gap still yawning wide and men showing no sign of relinquishing the top spots in business around the world, it’s easy to scoff at the very idea of them being at a disadvantage.

But the fact is, in some crucial areas, they are. Take, for example, the fact that, according to the Higher Education Policy Institute, ‘a boy born in 2016 will be 75 per cent less likely to attend university than his sister if the present trends continue’.

That’s no feminist victory, it’s a terrifying prediction which will have widespread ramifications, not just for men in the workplace, but for relationships between men and women as well. There are theories that the paucity of male teachers in primary schools is holding boys back and that a lack of male role models at secondary school is also discouraging them from applying to university.

Which leads to another ‘tug of war’ men find themselves in: on the one hand, they’re encouraged to look like pumped-up superheroes, because for girls today, nothing less than a David Gandy lookalike will do. On the other, they must be kind and sensitive.

They must also be brilliant fathers — and put in as much work as women when it comes to parenting — but when it comes to break-ups, it is mothers who often have the upper hand.

So have men really been disenfranchised by feminism? The Red Pill certainly makes a compelling case. Its title is taken from another film, The Matrix, in which Keanu Reeves’ character takes a red pill to see ‘the truth’.

By daring to make a sympathetic film about the men’s rights movement, the 30-year-old has been shocked to find herself verbally attacked and ostracised by members of her own sex. Jaye described herself as a feminist when she set out to investigate the ‘hate groups’ of the men’s rights movement.

For more than two years, she spent hundreds of hours with the internet’s most notorious activists (for balance, she also interviewed the group’s fiercest opponents among feminists).

It changed her entirely. ‘When I started this project, my perception of men’s rights activists (MRAs) was definitely negative,’ she said. ‘I thought it would be a peek inside this mysterious, misogynist community.

‘All I knew of them were the cherry-picked, shocking comments used on feminist websites. But when I really started to listen to them, I started to emphathise with a lot of their issues. Our cultural conditioning is that women have been oppressed and that men are the oppressors. But I saw that wasn’t so.’

When backers got wind that Jaye had begun to question her own feminist principles, the money soon began to dry up.

The project was on the verge of being scuppered before the financial hole was filled via crowd-funding — putting a plea out on the internet, proffering a sob story and a virtual begging bowl — and loans from family and friends.

Jaye gathered support from all over the world. ‘People were disgusted that one side was trying to silence and prevent this film being made.’

According to Richard Elliott, the man who bought the rights to screen the premiere: ‘No one ever looks at the ways in which men are powerless.’

Elliott is a semi-retired handyman whose interest in the men’s rights movement stemmed from his own experience. He and his partner separated around the time their son was born, 19 years ago.

‘If it had been a 50/50 arrangement, I wouldn’t have had to pay my ex anything,’ he says. ‘But by restricting my access to two nights a week — which was not my choice — I was required by the courts to pay £230 per month.

‘I’ve had to get past a lot of bitterness in order to reach a calm point and I want to look to a future where men and women can resolve differences without throwing rocks at one another.’

Elliott acknowledges that there’s aggression coming from both militant feminists and some men’s rights activists. He says he doesn’t ascribe to the misogynist views of some of the extremists within the men’s rights movement.

The issues are complex, but they go right to the heart of the question of whether feminism has disenfranchised men.

At the end of The Red Pill, there is an extraordinary moment when film-maker Jaye states: ‘I can no longer call myself a feminist.’

I have watched the film and although, unlike Jaye, I have no intention of renouncing the feminist beliefs I have held since I was 17, there can be little doubt that, nearly half a century on, it’s time to listen to the other side of the debate.

Personally, I see no conflict between my feminist credentials and recognising the need to face up to the disadvantages faced by men in today’s society.

The time has come for women to recognise the ways in which boys and men are missing out, because what good will it do any of us if future generations of men are under-educated, angry and unable to provide healthy role models for our — and their — sons?

1 Like

Politics / Re: 2019: Nigeria Will Regret Having Youth As President — Sagay by 0225front: 9:23am On Feb 13, 2018
Old or young, we need a president that will emerge from a merit based democratic system. NO TO RIGGING, GODFATHERISM, CRONYISM, RELIGIOUS AND ETHNIC BIAS...

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: 'We Wont Kill You, We Will Shoot Your Vagina'- Philippine President To Feminists by 0225front: 8:36am On Feb 13, 2018
This is worse than Trump and Bubu put together
Literature / Re: 10 Genuine Websites You Can Write For And Get Paid Instantly by 0225front: 8:34am On Feb 13, 2018
czarina:
most of those websites listed above outrightly reject non-native English writers, I'm not discouraging anybody oo, but I'd advice you not to waste time on those, while it's possible to visit these websites and view the contents, once you eventually click the 'write for us' icon, the bot detects your IP address and then you are shown the door. Pretty fast at that. I wouldn't waste time on those myself. But good luck if you decide to try cool

Nigerians are capable of a lot of stuff; the good, the bad and the ugly
Politics / Re: Paris Club Refund: Edo Not Among States Owing Teachers - EIE by 0225front: 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2018
Very commendable. I wonder how many state governments can boast of this

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Obaseki Reminisces On Old Bendel State, Calls For Focus-Driven Leadership by 0225front: 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
O my Bendel, I remember those years of greatness
Politics / Re: Edo's Alleged Herdsmen Killings: Edo PDP Surely Behind False Alarm by 0225front: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2018
PhilipIdaghosa:
Edo people, do not mind Edo PDP or you will get yourselves worried over nothing.
The truth that there was never any such killing, or ir would have been all over the place.

The Holy Book says that 'the truth shall set you free', so follow the truths coming out from Governor Obaseki and you will be free indeed.

Edo PDP, bunch of nincomp**ps
Crime / Re: Edo Govt Calls For Calm On Recent Police Killing by 0225front: 6:30am On Feb 07, 2018
Adieza:
*Police/Youth Clash: Edo Govt. calls for calm, assures justice will be done*

Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has called for calm over the clash between some youths and mobile policemen at Upper Igun area, by 3rd East Circular Road Junction, in Oredo Local Government Area, Benin City, over the alleged killing of a man in the area on Tuesday.

In a statement in Benin City, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Communications Strategy, Mr Crusoe Osagie, Governor Obaseki called for calm, urging aggrieved parties to “allow for justice to run its due course, as efforts are underway to ensure that those liable for the crime are brought to book.”

The governor condemned the fact that the incident degenerated into civil disturbance, noting that there were better ways to resolve the scuffle.

According to him, “The relevant security agencies are on the alert to quell further breakdown of law and order in the area. We also appeal to the people to be calm and cooperate with security agencies to bring in those responsible for the unrest.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be27SKjAKZg/

cc: lalasticlala and mynd44
cc: seun and maclatunji
Politics / Re: Edo PDP: Of Rogues Who Lacked Purpose & Insight While In Power -Nosakhare Festus by 0225front: 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
The difference is 7up
Politics / Re: Edo LG Polls: State Assembly Can Validly Amend Electoral Law - Lawyers by 0225front: 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2018
satelliteDISH:
Why amend the law now. Seems apc are trying to amend it to their advantage.

That is the beauty of democracy, PDP should take the matter to court if they are serious
Politics / Edo Civil Society To PDP: Disrupt Council Polls, Face Wrath Of People by 0225front: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
Edo Civil Society to PDP: Disrupt Council polls, face wrath of people

…advises N/Delta militias to turn down PDP’s ‘deal’ to cause mayhem

Following media reports that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State, is plotting to disrupt the forthcoming local government elections in the state, a coalition of civil society groups led by the Concerned Citizens of Edo State (CCES), has warned the PDP not to test the will and might of Edo people by destabilising the electoral process that has the blessings of all well-meaning Edo people.

“We have read news reports of a clandestine design by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to subvert the forthcoming local government elections, using the instruments of the court and where that fails, recourse to arm youths and engage Niger Delta militias to stop the election.

“We have commissioned an independent investigation to establish the veracity of this report and a cursory appraisal of our findings validate the fears raised by the Edo State Government, that there is indeed a grand plan by the PDP to sabotage the election. We wish to put on record that we have reasons to believe the reports because the PDP had earlier kicked against the planned elections and told Nigerians of their plan to approach the court to challenge the planned local government elections,” President of the organisation, Aghedo Ogbewi said.

Ogbewi stressed that “gone are the days our youths were deceived or cowed by the PDP. Edo youths are wiser now and will resist any self-serving plot by the PDP or any other political party or group, to disrupt a process that will bring socio-economic development to the ordinary Edo people in the various local government areas of the state.”

He advised militant groups in the riverine areas and sister Niger Delta states, to “turn down any offer extended to them by the Edo PDP or any other group to unleash mayhem in Edo State, as Edo people are ready to defend democracy with all the resources available to them.”

He further said: “Edo people, with the support of the law enforcement agents are prepared to defend the processes that lead to democratic governance, especially at the local government level, where the mass of Nigerians live and where governance matters most.

“As a coalition of civil society organisations that represents the interests of youths, women, children and committed to the welfare of Edo people, we will not sit by and watch our hard earned democracy to be trampled upon by any political party that is apparently scared of failure because it has not prepared adequately for the forthcoming contest.

“We have the assurances of the Governor Godwin Obaseki-led administration to ensure a level playing ground for all political parties during the election. The stage is set, all political parties should follow the laid down rules and market their plans to Edo people.”

1 Like

Health / Re: Edo Begins Upgrade Of 450 Health Centers, 25 Ready In 4 Months by 0225front: 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
okosunehis:

Another commendable project by Gov. Obaseki. Consider the welfare of the masses who patronize these centres and how important accessibility to basic healthcare is.

Thank you better person. Hope some people will remember to come back and thank the governor by the time we all start enjoying these facilities

1 Like

Health / Re: Edo Begins Upgrade Of 450 Health Centers, 25 Ready In 4 Months by 0225front: 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefanweeks:
How MB the upgrade go consume?

Another avenue of looting

I appreciate your skepticism, that's as a result of the profligacy of previous governments. Embrace the Obaseki era, governance by the people and for the people. Well done gov

1 Like

Health / Edo Begins Upgrade Of 450 Health Centers, 25 Ready In 4 Months by 0225front: 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that the state government is set to complete the upgrade of 25 of the 450 Primary Healthcare Centres (PHCs) across the state in four months, while 200 of the health facilities will be upgraded in 24 months.

The governor disclosed this after receiving the report of the Primary Health Care Development Committee at the Government House in Benin City.

The committee was set up in July 2017 to review and work out modalities for remodeling the 450 PHCs in the state, in line with the state government’s policy to strengthen basic healthcare delivery.

According to Obaseki, the completion of the 25 PHCs before the end of April will serve as pilot stage in the grand-plan to remodel 200 PHCs across the state.

He added, “200 PHCs across the state would be remodelled within 24 months. This is to ensure that access and quality of healthcare delivery are improved at the grassroots. 25 out of the 200 PHCs will be completed before the end of April 2018.”

“Our goal is to reposition the primary healthcare delivery system to benefit rural dwellers. This will also serve as a model for effective primary healthcare delivery in the country.

“The state ministry of health and the Primary Healthcare Development Committee will work together to ensure that there is at least one PHC per ward across the state, which will be our model.”

He stressed that the state government will continue to promote policies that will enhance effective grassroots development, noting, “rural dwellers will be made stakeholders in the management of the PHC facilities sited in their areas.”

Chairperson, Primary Healthcare Development Committee, Prof. Obehi Okojie, stressed that the speedy passage of the amended law establishing the State Primary Health Care Development Board (SPHCDB) will reinvigorate primary healthcare system in the state to deliver quality healthcare services at the grassroots.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: *GELEGELE SEAPORT: China Harbour Arrives Benin, Meets Obaseki, Commences Work* by 0225front: 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
0225front:
Here is a leader with vision, purpose and drive. What ended up as mere campaign promises for previous governors, Gov Obaseki is actualizing in just 14 months. This is really exceptional leadership.

God bless Gov Obaseki
God bless Edo State
God bless Nigeria

Where there is no vision, the people perish = PDP

Where there is vision, the people FLOURISH = APC

3 Likes

Politics / Re: *GELEGELE SEAPORT: China Harbour Arrives Benin, Meets Obaseki, Commences Work* by 0225front: 6:16pm On Jan 23, 2018
Imagine linking the port with a direct route to okpella. I foresee Edo state IGR tripling over Obaseki's tenure

1 Like

Politics / Re: *GELEGELE SEAPORT: China Harbour Arrives Benin, Meets Obaseki, Commences Work* by 0225front: 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2018
Timsally77:

Who is really this Godwin Obaseki? Where has he been hiding all along?

Congratulations Edo people! Its your lucky days..

As in, when God says its your time, its your time. God has blessed Edo people with Gov Obaseki. This is time for Edo state to reclaim her lost glory

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Council Polls: Edo Govt. Uncovers Plot To Disrupt Process, Cause Mayhem by 0225front: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
Suniyamu:
Detractors should leave us alone naaaa!

Edo's rise through Obaseki should not be truncated ooooooo..

We use God beg them

1 Like

Politics / Re: Council Polls: Edo Govt. Uncovers Plot To Disrupt Process, Cause Mayhem by 0225front: 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2018
My Edo brothers and sisters, make we shine our eye well well. We know how much pain and struggle we went through to get here, so we must defend and protect the present development, engendered by good leadership choices our beloved state is currently enjoying under Obaseki

1 Like

Politics / Re: *GELEGELE SEAPORT: China Harbour Arrives Benin, Meets Obaseki, Commences Work* by 0225front: 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
Here is a leader with vision, purpose and drive. What ended up as mere campaign promises for previous governors, Gov Obaseki is actualizing in just 14 months. This is really exceptional leadership.

God bless Gov Obaseki
God bless Edo State
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Politics / Governor Obaseki Welcomes China Harbour As Work Commences On Gelegele Seaport by 0225front: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2018
Following the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the construction of Gelegele Seaport between the Edo State Government and China Habour Engineering Company (CHEC) Ltd., in China three weeks ago, senior officials of the company arrived Benin City, Tuesday, to commence preliminary development.

The Executive Director of the company, Mr Jason Wang, led the team of engineers from the Chinese firm to begin the execution of the project with the development of a masterplan for the project, feasibility study and an in-depth assessment of the Gelegele Seaport Report submitted by the Engr. Greg Ero-led Technical Committee on the Actualisation of the seaport, to the state government.

Exactly 21 days ago, China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd., the most renowned marine engineering and port development company which constructed over 90 percent of the seaports in China, signed an MoU with the Edo State Government to develop the Gelegele Seaport.

The company with over 90 branches and operating in about 100 countries across the world commenced operations in 1994, handling various projects in Nigeria including Calabar, Warri ports and most recently, the $1billion Lekki Deep Seaport.

During the meeting with Governor Obaseki and other senior officials of the Edo State Government, Wang explained that apart from the Gelegele Seaport, his company will also carry out other infrastructural projects including access roads and rail projects as well as the dredging of 35 nautical miles of the seaport.

In his response, Governor Godwin Obaseki, welcomed the members of the CHEC team and stressed that the speedy implementation of the MoU shows the commitment of both parties to the actualisation of the project.

“We signed the agreement exactly 21 days ago and our Chinese partners are here today to commence preliminary work on the project. This shows the seriousness of both China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd., and Edo State Government. It also shows that we have chosen the right partners. 90 percent of the ports in China were built by this company.

“In terms of experience, there are not many companies in the world that can match CHEC. The governor stressed that another unique advantage of the partnership is that the Chinese company will help to raise the financing as they have done for many other projects in Nigeria, including the $1billion Lekki Deep Seaport that they have helped to finance at an interest rate of 2.5 percent with facility from the China EXIM Bank.

“We are excited to be working with people like you. Under this project, we want to build road and rail access. We want to use this access to build a toll road from Benin to Okpella. You have taken the project very seriously and we want to assure you that we have the political will to execute this project,” Obaseki said.

The governor hinted that the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, has assured that all the approvals needed for the project will be given at the federal level.
Politics / Re: *Edo State To Verify & Pay Arrears Of Batch 40 Pensioners From January 24* by 0225front: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
A very sensitive govt indeed. Only a wicked and heartless govt will make life difficult for aged men and women who have sacrificed years to the service only to be shortchanged and pushed around for what is due to them. We have witnessed this with past govts but the Obaseki team is really performing creditably on just about all fronts.
Politics / Re: *Oshiomhole Salutes Obaseki’s Accomplishments, Commissions 75 New Intra-city Bus by 0225front: 2:28am On Jan 20, 2018
o boy see tear rubber! shocked shocked shocked
With this Obaseki has shown once again that the masses deserve the best. That is true governance. Na so governor suppose dey be

4 Likes

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.