Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,092 members, 7,896,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:20 PM

042web's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 042web's Profile / 042web's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Religion / Notice To All Adorers by 042web: 10:18am On May 11, 2021
Our Spiritual Director, Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka wishes to inform his beloved adorers that he has embarked on a private prayer retreat that will end on 10th June 2021. Consequently, no ministry activities shall be held in the ministry ground pending his return. He directs that members of the ministry are to observe this period of his retreat as they used to do during the usual January breaks of the ministry, by praying at their homes, being charitable and fasting according to their ability.
Adoration! Holy Spirit is our Power.
Religion / Fr Mbaka Is Too Busy With The Works Of God To Be Distracted by 042web: 11:38am On Dec 14, 2020
Our attention has been drawn to the report in a section of the media alleging that Fr Mbaka, the Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry Enugu, attacked BBC team that came to Adoration ground on his invitation to interview him.
We make haste to state that the report was a carefully crafted mendacious narrative calculated to tarnish the image of Fr Mbaka who in his amiable nature could not have done or directed any of those alleged acts of assault on the BBC team or anyone as alleged against him
An eye witness account of what happened reveals that one Fr Obiekeze who estranged himself from the ministry and made a viral video with BBC recently abusing Fr Mbaka and his perceived romance with President Mohammadu Buhari, came to join Fr Mbaka at the altar during his last Wednesday's weekly ministry programme. The said Fr Obiekezie persistently insisted that Fr Mbaka should grant him interview at his altar. Fr Mbaka in his loving, forgiving and welcoming nature embraced the the said priest but however declined the priest's demand to interview him at the altar wondering when the said priest became a media practitioner and the organization he was working for. Unknown to anyone in the ministry, the said priest came with some persons with unknown identity who were secretly recording the day's ministry programme until they were accosted by the ministry security suspecting them to be assassins on a surveillant mission. The said ministry security seized the equipment of the strange fellows and sought to know their identities. Later in the evening after Fr Mbaka was through with the programme and retired to the fathers' house to continue his consultation with worshippers waiting to see him, an altercations between the fellows and the security men at Fathers' house drew Fr Mbaka's attention to them and his timely intervention helped to save the situation. Fr Mbaka was surprised when the unknown fellows identified themselves as coming from BBC with Fr Obiekezie. Surprised by such obvious betrayal and stagemanaged visit from a fellow priest, Fr Mbaka directed that every of their seized equipment be returned to them and made sure no one hurt either the priest or the unknown visitors he surreptitiously came with.
Fr Mbaka nor the ministry never invited the said BBC team to the ministry neither was Fr Mbaka nor the ministry notified of their presence by anyone as alleged.
Fr Mbaka welcomes all guests to the Adoration Ministry with open arms, media men inclusive and have never been reported to have assaulted anyone inspite of the negative media reports against him by some hatchet media practitioners that are being sponsored by the enemies of the ministry to publish false report against Fr Mbaka. Adoration Ministry is a loving and welcoming ministry to all its true worshipers and guests. The twist of the entire story as reported in the media and the antecedents of those involved clearly portray the ill and satanic intent of the masterminds of the said unsolicited visit.
Fr Mbaka is now so preoccupied with his 2021 agenda and vision of providing job opportunities to 50,000 youths of this country in addition to the over 20,000 workers in his monthly payroll. Fr Mbaka's good dreams for the less privileged, widows, orphans and his prayers for Divine healing, interventions and miracles upon the lives of the multitude of suffering people of God are his preoccupations for now. We frown at anything that will distract Fr Mbaka in his good works for God and for humanity at this time and warn any one by any appellation being used to distract him to desist from such unwholesome mission. People should not take Fr Mbaka's silence, mien and humility for timidity or weakness. Imbedded in Fr Mbaka's seemingly humility lies a den of the Roaring Lion of the Tribe of Judah whom his detractors cannot withstand. People should fear God and touch not His anointed to avoid the wrath of God.
Ike Maximus Ugwuoke
Media Chief,
Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria.
Crime / Nigeria Police Declares Ugochukwu Anioke Wanted by 042web: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
Dateline Enugu ,Nigeria POLICE DECLARES UGOCHUKWU ANIOKE WANTED by Ifed I Oriafo,Enugu

Police formation in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu of Nigeria has declared one Ugochukwu Anioke,32,male from Mgbowo community in the area,wanted and issued a wanted person alert on him.
This is in connection with the civil disturbances and crisis that arose in the community October8,2019 at about 9.50 am which resulted in the death of one. OKafor Atuegbu, 47 male.

Investigation has been on since that time and the prime suspect, Ugochukwu Anioke could reached by the Investigating Police Officer, IPO, in charge of the matter despite several appeals to present himself to the Police.
Ugochukwu has since then disappeared into thin air and has been seen within the locality and environs.
In a latex dated October 12,2020 and signed by the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the area and sighted by this reporter, the police appealed to the general public or any person with any valuable information on the where about of Ugochukwu Anioke to report same to the nearest police station within Nigeria.
Meanwhile, community sources insist on Ugochukwu's innocence as the deceased may have shot by trigger happy police SARS,called to intervene in the crisis.
It is not known where Ugochukwu is now and whether he alive or dead,and family members are in a quandry

Politics / Enugu Apc Crises And The Caretaker Committee Option by 042web: 10:40am On Sep 08, 2020
It is common knowledge that the Enugu State APC is engulfed in intra party crises that has continued to rock the party since after the 2018 Congress of the party which produced two factions led by the two factional State Chairmen Dr Ben Nwoye and Deacon Okey Ogbodo respectively. This was the state of the party in 2019 when the party went into 2019 general election with two parallel lists of candidates and came out with zero success as it lost all the elective positions in the state namely, 260 Councilors, 17 Local government council Chairmen, 9 House of Representative Members, 3 Senators and the State Governorship positions to People’s Democratic Party (the PDP). The party could not even secure the minimum percentage of vote for the Presidential election from the state, yet party parades membership names of high ranking personalities in the state such as, Barr Sullivan Chime, former Governor of Enugu State, Senator Ken Nnamani, former Senate President, Onyemuche Nnamani, Osita Okechukwu, Emperor Baywood Ibe to mention but a few. It is a thing of concern that inspite of the presence of those supposedly political big weights in the party the party had remained at best an appendage of the PDP in the state under the tutelage of the PDP Governor of the state. It is obvious that the problem of the party in the state is with its leadership and not with the followers. Eighty percent of Candidates that were drawn to contest the 2019 election in the state by Dr Ben Nwoye led faction of the party were PDP moles who have long returned to their PDP fold and received their rewards as SPAs and PAs to the Governor of the state for their hatchet job well done to the party. Many of the so called stakeholders of the party in the state besides being on the payroll of PDP in the state, also have their cronies, allies, and relatives appointed into juicy positions in the state by the PDP led government. As a supposed main opposition party in the state, the party has never issued any statement criticizing any of the programmes or project of the government because the party leaders who are meant to do this are silently observing table manners on the dining tables of the PDP Governor. This is the sorry state of the party in the State.
With 2023 General election in view, and with the need for the party to capture Enugu State as the heartbeat of South East geopolitical zone, there is no ray of hope that Enugu State APC would do better than its shameful outing in the 2019 general election as crises in the party had continued to worsen despite the reconciliation efforts by some genuine members of the party to unite the party. Just recently, there was a publication by the Dr Nwoye led faction of the party claiming that the party in the state is now united to the knowledge of the Leader of the Party in the state, the Minister of Foreign Affairs Geoffrey Onyeama and other notable state holders of the party in the state, after it inaugurated her Contact and Mobilization Committee led by the Pioneer Deputy Chairman of the Party Comrade A.C. Ude who was hitherto the henchman of the Ogbodo-Led faction of the party. In less than 48 hours after the said publication, Deacon Okey Ogbodo debunked the merger rumor with Nwoye’s faction. In his reaction, he wondered if anything would motivate him to relinquish his acclaimed free mandate given to him as the State Chairman of the party Chairman in the 2018 congress of the party and warned the other faction to desist from “dropping the name and office of the Leader of the Party , Geoffrey Onyeama at every opportunity.
With every effort to end the lingering crises in the state coming to a deadlock, there remain only one option and (best option at that) which is to dissolve the entire state working Committee of both factions of the party and set up a Caretaker Committee for the party in the state that will salvage the party and return it to the path of sanity by conducting fresh state congress to usher in a new brand of leadership of the party in the state. It was the same measure the National Leader of Party, President Mohammadu Buhari took to salvage the party from the crises that bedeviled its national leadership.
It would appear that the party is already thinking in this direction from a hint traced to one of the Chieftains of the party in the state, Osita Okechukwu who recently took to social media to call on the party faithful in the state to beware and prepared as according to him, “some Abuja Big Men want to impose handpicked Caretaker Committee on us without consultation. Whereas the Ben Nwoye Leadership is not the best; but do we need worst case scenario?” This kind of statement is least expected of a supposed leader or stakeholder of the party in the state who should be concerned with the sorry state of the party in the state. It betrays his claim of any iota of goodwill for the Enugu State APC as it portrays his wish for the party to continue to wander in its present mess in the state. What success have the so called Leaders or stakeholder of the party in the state (Chief Osita Okechukwu inclusive) achieved that qualifies anyone of them to be consulted before a caretaker committee of the party can be constituted. True APC faithful in the state knows that any consultation with any of the gladiators or so called stakeholders in the lingering crises of the party in the state before constituting a caretaker committee of the party for the state would not only be counterproductive but will also birth a caretaker committee that would further advance the crises of the party in the state. In all, we strongly canvass that a caretaker committee for APC Enugu State constituted without any consultation with any of the so called stakeholders that have failed the party in the state remains the way forward for the party in the state and this has to be done without further delay.
For Save Enugu APC Group.
Barr Clement Ikem and Engr Linus Okorie,
Co Conveners
Politics / Enugu North PMB Solidarity Movement Declares Stand On Recent Appointments In APC by 042web: 6:51am On Jul 13, 2020
The President Mohammadu Buhari (PMB) Solidarity Movement Enugu North Senatorial District Chapter, a political pressure group under the ruling All Progressives
Progress (APC) whose objective include the promotion of the ideals and good works of President Mohammadu Buhari in South East, has Congratulated Senator Ken Nnamani on his appointment as the Leader of South East APC in the recently constituted National Caretaker committee of the party. The group also congratulated other recent Political Appointees of APC in Enugu State.
Speaking at the Zonal meeting of the group held at Nsukka over the weekend, the Deputy State Coordinator of the group Barr. Ike Maximus Ugwuoke (a.k.a Hakuna-Matata) who is also the Enugu North Zonal Coordinator of the movement noted the areas that PMB as the President of Nigeria has done creditably well, pointing out that the Enugu Chapter of All Progressives Congress especially the Enugu North Zone has not felt the impact of the PMB Administration because of the Party leadership crises that bedevilled the State.
He however reiterated their resolve for peace in the group, in his words, “any body in APC Enugu that is still supporting fractionalization of APC Enugu at this point is a very mischievous person and should be watched very closely. He assured the members that peace has taken place in Enugu APC.
On the political appointments made so far, the group thanked The Honorable Minister of Foreign affairs, His Excellency Geoffrey Kwusike Jideofor Onyeama the Leader of APC Enugu State under the distinguished Chairmanship of Dr.Ben Nwoye for their show of good leadership in the state.
However, the group decried the One sidedness of the appointments in APC Enugu State pointing out that Enugu north senatorial zone has not benefited in the series of the political appointments so far apart from Major Gen.Eze.Rtd.who was recently recalled following the appointment of none career ambassadors by Mr. President.
The Group therefore prayed The Honourable minister and the other relevant stake-holders involved to temper justice with mercy and spread the future appointment to other zones for equity and fairness.
Speaking on the state of affairs in the APC in Enugu North zone, the Publicity Secretary Comr.Ifedioramma Okeme Esq. lamented the highhandedness of some leaders in the zone that has left the party disorganized. He therefore called on the newly constituted National caretaker committee to reconcile the various warring interests in the state chapters of the party down to ward levels.
In Attendance were the group Coordinators and members from the Six Council Areas of the Zone, the State Youth Leader of APC under the defunct Okey Ogbodo led APC Structure, Hon.Aka Emmanuel and the Former Ebonyi State PDP Caretaker Committee Chairman and Southeast Organizing Secretary, Professor. Ifeanyi Onodugo who recently defected to APC, he thanked the group for her warm reception and enjoined all the leaders present to work seriously to ensure that the structure is further consolidated.
The group further assured her state leadership under Comr.A C.Udeh of their unalloyed Support and called on other stakeholders of Enugu North Senatorial Zone to join the peace move and consolidate the party in the state.
The Convener in his words thanked the members of the group for their turning out enmass and encouraged them to take seriously the group's ongoing membership registration at the ward levels.
https://amensupernews.com/enugu-north-pmb-solidarity-movement-declares-stand-on-recent-appointments-in-apc-enugu-state-and-state-of-affairs-of-the-party-in-the-state/

Crime / Rescue Of Abused House Help In Enugu, The True Story: Lawyer Calls For Reward by 042web: 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
The case of dehumanization of 10 years old Nneoma, a house help in Enugu has saturated the media with different versions of the story reported in different fronts. In a press briefing on the incident granted by Ikechukwu Maximus Ugwuoke Esq, principal counsel of El-Maximus Ugwuoke & Co, Hakuna Matata Chambers, who is the human rights advocate that actually lodged the complainant that led to the rescue of the girl, he gave a blow by blow account of the true story, debunks the allegation of police recklessness in the case, and rather called for reward of the Police officers in the roles they played. Ugwuoke is currently the Enugu State Support Lawyer for Avocats Sans Frontiers, (ASF) France also known as Lawyers without Borders, on their SAFE project being implemented in Nigeria in partnership with CAPIO and NBA. He is also legal adviser to other humanitarian bodies including the Multi life Savers for the Less Privileged, founded by Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka of Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria, where he also doubles as media aide to the ministry.
Here is an excerpt of his briefing:
"About 8am on 1st July 2020, I received a call from an informant who told me that someone gave him my line to report a case of abuse of a girl child who is a house help living with a family at Thinkers Corner Enugu. Upon further inquiry, the caller painted a gory picture of the kind of dehumanization the said girl was subjected to and sought my intervention. I imagined if it were my own daughter, would I pay a deaf ear to it? My conscience and spirit was greatly troubled. I thought of how best to handle the situation. What if the report was not true after all? I also reasoned.
"I thought of referring the incident to the Zonal office of National Human Right Commission since according to the caller, he had sought the intervention of certain NGOs in the State without success. I put a call cross to, Nnamdi, a staff friend at National Human Right Commission in Enugu who expressed their readiness to handle the case and told me to send the details. But on a second thought I reasoned that the best option was to involve the police since the commission does not suo motu have the power of arrest and detention of the suspects if the need arises in the incident. So I went to Area Command Enugu where I saw and spoke with one Inspector Chinyere Apadhini, a police officer at the Command. After narrating the report to her, the Inspector told me that she was to take her sick relation to hospital that morning but that she would leave everything to follow up the case. True to her words after we reviewed the story, she called a male colleague of hers one Inspector Michael Oliji to accompany her and I drove them to the address supplied by the informant for their surveillance. This done, the officers told me there was need for a formal petition to the Command to enable them proceed with the investigations. So I took them back to the station and headed to my law firm where I drafted a formal petition and drove back to the station and submitted it for the approval of the Area Commander, ACP Okenla Seyi. By then the day was far spent so Inspector Chinyere advised that since it was already late we should leave everything till the following day since the police doctor who should treat the girl if she had injuries as related to us by the informant, may have closed work by that time of the day.
"The following day being July 2nd, I had a case at the Court of Appeal Enugu and went for the case while Inspector Chinyere took the case upon herself. She kept updating me on the progress of the case and told me that when she led her team to the address, the woman hid the abused girl in the toilet on sensing the presence of the police. Inspite of this ploy, the officers were able to rescue the girl and arrest the woman and took them to their station at Area Command. The Area commander on seeing the degree of injury and bodily harm inflicted on the girl, promptly directed the Inspector to take the girl to the Office of Enugu State Commissioner for police. It was the police that rushed the girl to parklane hospital Enugu on their own and provided the initial finances needed for her admission at the hospital.
"It didn't take long when the news went viral and the hospital was besieged by people and NGOs wanting to take snap shots of the girl and report their versions of the story.
"By the time I was done from court, I contacted the Inspector and she told me to come to the Area command where for the first time I saw the culprit with three of her little children and her husband. They were writing statement. I questioned the woman on why she had to maltreat the girl and she blamed it on the devil. I asked after the rescued girl and the Inspector Chinyere took me to the Parklane Hospital where I saw the poor girl in a very pitiable state. Her body was lacerated with different degrees of injury and scars. One of her ankles was visibly broken and swollen, her head was bandaged, she looked pale, and her eyes were swollen with some liquid substance running down her cheeks. She was weak as she managed to speak. It was indeed an eyesore. Her relatives were there. Her widowed mother was beside her bed shedding tears. It was such an emotional scene. I could not control my tears either.
"The social media report that the police just dumped the girl in the hospital and that she is not being treated is a contumacious lie. Let's be fair to Nigerian police for once. It was the police that took the child to the hospital in the first place. It was the police that provided the money for the blood transfusion administered on her. The Area Commander himself has been spending his money and time to see to the survival of the child. Yes the police is right in controlling access to the child for her own safety as a girl child and more so the case is still under their investigation. I was so disappointed with the version of the story I read in the media where certain organization published report taking the credit of the child's rescue and another version of report accusing the police of trying to cover the case. Cover which case? If anyone should be commended in this case, it is the informant that reported the case to me and the Police Officers that handled it. I was so impressed with their professionalism and swift action in handling the case. I will write the Inspector General of Police to recommend them for promotion for their selfless service and dedication and as a good ambassador of Nigerian police. I saw so much commitment in them to ensure that the life of the poor girl is saved without requesting for any inducement of any kind to perform their duties. Inspector Chinyere guards the girl in the hospital like her own daughter from intruders. She is a rare breed of police officer. It is also not true that the police drove the girls’ relatives out of the hospital. Assuming but not conceding that they did that, I would still not blame them, after all, the woman in question who abused the girl child is she not the girl's relative too? In the hospital, I saw the girls’ relatives around. Her mother was seated right there at her hospital bedside. So I wonder who was giving such mendacious report.
"I was elated to read the news report of the promises made by the Igboetiti Local chairman being the girls Local Government of origin and the Executive Governor of Enugu State, His Excellency Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi where they promised to take care of the welfare of the rescued girl. I pray that such promises come to fruition; handsome rewards should be extended to the Officers and the informant too. Without them the story would have been something else. There are other house helps undergoing this kind of maltreatment in different corners of the country. Government should alleviate the plight of the poor in our society. If not for poverty, why this girl child should be made to undergo this kind of inhuman treatment. I understand her father is late and the poor mother had no option than to give the fatherless girl away, not to a stranger, but to a relative as a house help. That was the only crime of this innocent poor girl.
"For now, the the police and everyone is battling to save the girl's life. I spoke with the Doctor on duty the day I went to see her and he assured me they will do their best to save the child. I also spoke with Dr Edeoga, the President of Association of Resident Doctors Association (ARD) ESUT Hospital, fortunate enough, I am the Association's Lawyer, and he assured me they will do their best to save the girl's life. I was made to understand that the Chief Medical Director of the Hospital is also on the situation. So the paramount thing now is the survival of the child."
https://amensupernews.com/rescue-of-abused-house-help-in-enugu-the-true-story-lawyer-calls-for-reward-of-the-police-officers-informant/

Religion / A Disclaimer From Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria by 042web: 8:36am On Mar 30, 2020
Our attention has been drawn to the claims being peddled on public domain and social media that the Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria, Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka, had ministered that people should check their bible to find a strand of hair which they should put in water to wash their face as the solution to the COVID-19 global Pandemic.
This claim credited to Fr Mbaka is false, mendacious, unfounded and is hereby refuted. Rev Fr Mbaka as a priest of the Holy Roman Catholic Church is not associated with such occultic and satanic utterances or practices in his ministrations. The claim is a handwork of enemies of Adoration Ministry seeking to dent the good image of Fr Mbaka. Those spreading such rumours are agents of darkness, witches and wizards from the pit of hell with a demonic assignment of misleading people over such a global life-threatening pandemic. Consequently Fr Mbaka enjoins all true Christians to ignore these agents from the satanic kingdom and to share this message to counter their antics.
To keep the records straight Fr Mbaka has been ceaselessly praying for the healing of the World of the COVIC-19 global pandemic.
Prayers, Fasting, Charity and Calling on the Precious Blood of Jesus are the Spiritual solutions Fr Mbaka had proffered to all in the situation while giving directive a few days ago for suspension of all the ministry's programmes pending further directive. In addition to this he had also recommended that people should adhere to all measures from World Health Organization in contending the spread of the COVID -19 virus.

Barr Ike Maximus Ugwuoke,
Media Aide, Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria.
Crime / Two Gay Friends Wanted In Enugu by 042web: 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
The usual end of the year celebrations in the sleepy Umuoha Community in Awgu Local Government of Enugu State of Nigeria in 2018 turned sour and hysteric following the uproar generated by the discovering of two male members of the community said to be allegedly involved in homosexual activity.
The entire community was thrown into confusion around mid morning on that fateful day when the news broke out that two young men, James Obi and Okwudili Anioke were found stark naked in an abandoned uncompleted building in a manner suggestive of engaging in homosexual relationship
In Umuoha as indeed many parts of traditional Nigerian society, homosexuality is viewed as a taboo which incurs the sanction or instant death or banishment on discovery. More so, this traditional norm was amplified by the enactment of the anti gay law by the Nigerian National Assembly in 2014 and this law prescribes a 14 year jail term for any person apprehended in homosexual act.
James and his Okwudili narrowly escaped being lynched and had ran away from the village and to this date, their whereabouts has remained unknown even as both have been declared wanted.
Even their parents affirmed that they should die for committing such a bad act or go into exile for bringing such shame on the family and for profaning the community.
As it stands now, both lives remain in danger because they have been declared wanted. He cannot expect any protection from the law enforcement agency as they would rather arrest or kill him.
Meanwhile, the divisional police in Enugu have received the complaint against them from the traditional head of the community HRH Igwe Odinaka Udo and has consequently declared them wanted for charges of homosexuality.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.