Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

04March22's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 04March22's Profile / 04March22's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Nairaland / General / Re: A Kind-Hearted Nairalander Enrolled Me For JAMB by 04March22: 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
opera1:
Wow! That is amazing.
May God continue to keep watch over him and prosper him in all his way.
Thanks to him.

Amen.

immortalcrown:
May God bless the person. Try to reciprocate it by helping people you are better than. Do not later intimidate people and claim self-made.

Noted. Thanks.

uncleck:
Congratulations!!!

But if you're not going to study tech related course, better tell him to use that school fees to sponsor you in acquiring trade and setting you up instead. Just my little advice

It's computer science, bro. But please why do you say so — if I may ask?

1 Like

Nairaland / General / A Kind-Hearted Nairalander Enrolled Me For JAMB by 04March22: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hi all,

I'm pleased to inform you that a Nairalander has enrolled me for the upcoming JAMB examination. Pls kindly join me in thanking him.

Some weeks ago, he called to ask if I was still interested in going to school, which I answered in affirmative. And when I'll register for JAMB if he sends money for it — I told him right away. It didn't take up to five minutes for me to receive the alert.

To be honest, I kept on gazing at my phone's screen for a long period of time. My mum's joy knew no bound when I told her of how the money came to be. Infact, If someone had told me that I'd be a jambite this year, I wouldn't have believed it a bit.

In addition to that, he said that if I should pass the exams and get admitted, some enquiries would be made and after which my school fees will be paid, and I'll start school.

I hope you get to see this post, sir. This is just my little way of showing appreciation — I can't thank you enough. May heaven replenish your pocket in multiple folds.

7 Likes

Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2022
DAVE5:

Do what you love that gives you happiness in as much as it is good, mechanic is a very good profession if you have where you want to be, there are big names in the mechanic industry, those guys are rolling in serious money and I’m tryin to understand how being a mechanic would make someone dark cos that’s absolutely false, pay less attention to what people say man cos you won’t go far if you do.

I myself I’ve always wanted to do either mechanic work or gadget repair but I graduated as an accountant which was my first love but dreams changed when I saw I enjoy working on things like either gadgets or car, so after working for 6 years in an office, I quit my job and today I’m learning gadget repairs, already done learning laptops repair and game repair now I’m on phone repair skill acquisition and trust me, it makes my soul happy, I could have been in the car repair side of things but I chose the other.

Everything in life depends on where you see yourself: check out yianimize on YouTube, he’s a “mechanic” I guess

Content writing is good too and those are skills that could lead to the future, all in all, do what you love and have passion for cos that passion would keep you going, don’t limit yourself because you see other mechanics being dirty and acting raggidy, fvck what people say

Thanks brotherly.

1 Like

Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
@Uhreme
@beephresh

I saw your PM's, unfortunately I longer have access to this email. Please you can reach me at chemistrytechnologies@gmail.com or you can drop yours. I hope you understand.
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
Aaay:
Auto

Pls why do you say so?
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
SmartyPants:

No, it is not.

Both require your focus unless you want to be good at one and mediocre at the other.

Content writing is not the easy gig that it used to be - it's super competitive now so if you don't want to work for peanuts, you need to be very good.

That takes time, and effort - not half-hearted scribbling after a long day under the hood of cars.

More importantly, you have to have a certain level of talent to start with.

Thanks for the clarification.
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Professorcplus:

04March22 Happy birthday in advance.

With due deligence, You might need to learn both online and offline skill for better chances and exposure.

But let me change your perception about certain posts.

First of all Contents writing isn't get quick money. You master the act with long time of consuming intellectual materials. And for you to venture into KDP, you have to have money to advertise and do ads or have a website, for your books to continue selling. This is why majority books contain links of author linking to their business/website to get more customers.

Truth anybody can write and publish on KDP in less than 5min which makes competition very high. It is more easier for early birds as of 2013 to 2020. Back are those days where people game the system with kpng reads. Amazon don wise now.

I'm sure you don't want to do long hours of research and writing, publish just to make few 0.9$ to 2.99$ and your book fade and goes to the bottom of ocean of Amazon book.

KDP is a business so you treat it like one and don't let anyone fool you to training by collecting your money. Easier teaching people than actually doing the work. Where what they will teach you is just 25%, 75% is into marketing.

Secondly, Auto mechanic in Nigeria is an occupation that requires hard effort and might exposes you to harsh working environment.

If you hope to work on a rich man car then be ready to tender job application with auto company.

Learning with road side machanic might might affect your psychology. You have to behave like one especially in cities like Lagos.

So what can you learn. It would be more easier if your single mum isn't putting pressure on you to fend for yourself. Then you have enough time to improve on any digital skills you choose.

If you want to learn mechanic, look for any reputable and professional ones and stick to any branch of speciality they are into.

Look at their working environment and how long has the person been into the skills. Look at the life standard that will determine how your future might be in coming years too.

Cheer ignore typo.

Thanks a lot for this invaluable advise, sir. I really appreciate.
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mata0147:
Brother if you real and want to study, I will help sponsor u to university. Especially because of your mother and ur future. Call me on 08058366726. God bless

Greetings sir,

I am real and I want to study, sir. Please I will put a call across tomorrow morning. Thanks.
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
xandy84:
I have an advice for you bro. I have a Master's degree in education in US and also an associate degree in Diesel technology. I used to teach in trade school in Virginia and I quit on them cos I can double my earning working for myself. There is lots of money in auto repair, most especially heavy duty. I own my business and I charge $100 an hour, minimum of 2 hours to look at a truck. If you learn auto repair, most especially diesel side and you ever leave Naija today, job will be looking for you. As I am typing this message, people calling me to come look at their truck but I am not working today. Hit me up if you need some advice.

To say I need your advise is an understatement.

Pls how can I reach you as I no longer have access to this email?

1 Like

Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
webincomeplus:

Send me an email (basicfreelance@gmail.com), and I'll send you a free copy of my ebook on how to make money as a freelance writer on Nigeria. It should help you immensely.

I will do that right away, Sir.
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 10:08am On Mar 06, 2022
iLegendd:
I did, but it's been deleted after 24 hours. Anyway, go with one of the answers above.

All the best.

Pls I didn't get to see it.. I know your opinion can really help a lot. Pls consider dropping it again, Sir.

I'm patiently waiting for it..
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Technical writing is a branch of content writing that focuses on tech. A lot of startups are looking to hire technical writers. If you are tech-savvy and can write well, it's a great field with a ton of prospects.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. But please how can I master the art.. like is there a go-to place for it? Blog or forum?

One more question, are you into it? If no, what field do you specialize in? (Pls don't get pissed off by my questions).
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2022
iLegendd:

Good morning, Sir. I'm happy to see you here.

Pls what advice do you have for me in regards to the writing niche.. your suggestion would be highly appreciated.

I look forward to your response.
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2022
emmyN:

Co-sign as a former mechanic.
tensazangetsu20:
Go for content writing. I am telling you as a former mechanic. Nigerians don't have Shishi. Focus on the technical writing niche.

Noted. But pls what do you mean at the bolded?
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Lordswazz:

Maybe, but not advisable. Whatever you're doing in life, being focused on that thing solely is key to being successful at it.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2022
LikeAking:
Just go for both.

Pls why do you say so?
Career / Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 8:20am On Mar 05, 2022
Lordswazz:
Both are good skills to acquire and nurture. However, I would recommend you choose content writing and KDP self-publishing. You don’t need to be a sage or have a wild imagination to make a living with content writing. Focus on non-fiction writing, where you can write “how-to” books. Provided you do good research before writing on a topic, you’ll be fine.

Additionally, you can offer your content writing skills for hire on Fiverr and Upwork. If you’re exceptionally gifted at multitasking, you can pair the content writing with the auto-repair training, where you learn auto repair during the day and write at night. However, nothing brings good results or turns fortunes for the better as fast as focus. Good luck!

Pls do you think this is achievable?
Career / Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
Greetings all,

I'll be brief. Pls pardon any typos, am not good in writing.

Like the topic implies, I'm confused on which to learn between Auto repair and Content writing.

I'll be turning 22 this month and am yet to enter the university due to lack of funds. With the help of God, it's been my mum alone catering for I and my little sis(She'll be 15 this year) since my dad left some 12 years ago.

So, recently I've decided to acquire a skill Auto repair commonly known as Mechanic cum Generator repair if time permits. I really want to acquire the both skills, but the problem is that most people don't like the idea of the former whenever I let them know my intention. Some are saying it's very hard to learn and would take me a long time(minimum of 4 yrs) to know my onions, while others are saying that I'll be very dark a few months along the line being that am light skinned, but none of these seems to deter me a bit. I love the idea of going under to fix cars. I've thought of every other skill, but non interests me like mechanic. �

Secondly, I see people on this forum advising young fellows to learn online skills for financial freedom and I think I have a thing for writing, I seriously want to write on Amazon KDP, but I don't think I can make a good writer because I can't really express myself through writing or tell a story the way it happened, the little I learned was from here. I see there are a lot of bosses in the field(My regards to ILegendd, HeloisHay, ladywriter and the rest).

TBH, I have lots of interesting stories which I think will sell in the KDP space, but I don't really know how to go about it. I'm afraid I will flop in the writing field, but also strongly believe I can get better in a short while.

So this makes me to ask, Pls which should I choose between online(Content writing) and offline(Auto repair) skill? And kindly give your reason. I'll be reading from the comments. Thanks.

I'll be elated if the mods can help move this thread to FP.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.