Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,585 members, 7,944,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

0monna's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0monna's Profile / 0monna's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Politics / Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by 0monna: 4:47am On Aug 06, 2013
1soul:

If at all you're truely an Ijaw...

Then I need to tell you this.......if you guys end up in thesame country with the Igbos you would only become a serious liability at the longrun. You speak with this much bile because all you can see and think right now is OIL! And to you the Igbos are after it, and maybe that's why they always talk of a united old-Eastern region.

My guy with the projection on Shale oil to tripple the output of crude oil world wide, quality human resources and technology is the future. If not that you are somewhat drunk with this your "our-oil" mindset......you wouldn't have spoken of the Igbo in that derogatory tone. After all the blabing igbos still have more evidence to prove we are good on our own! While for you the fear of the
US recently projected Shale oil boom to pump tripple of crude oil output by 2018 is your greatest nightmare lol. Don't worry we've got industries to absorb you..

To be hornest, I don't wish to share a country with your people "Ijaw" I know them to be so lazy and totally dependent on handouts in form of amnesty and the likes for survival.
At best we can only have good relationship and even that would be to attract cheap and unskilled labour to run our large-scale manufacturing industries for optimum output!

Talking about dominance......I think your people need to deliver yourselves first from your elders before coming to scream all over the place as if your problems starts and ends with the word Igbo!

When you said Igbos would be at your mercy I'm sure even you yourself did not believe it. We can't be land-locked when Ibaka seaport operates! Too many options but you guys are just too blind to see it......by the way I'm not even an advocate of seccesion, I strongly believe we're winning this silent war in this country, and that's the source of all these bad-blood. You all will get used to it and give up finghting a force bigger than you. By then both micro and macro economy of the country are all at our mercy.

YOU ALL WILL GET USED TO BEEN DEFEATED WHILE WE LEARN TO CONTROL THINGS FROM A SAFE ANGLE.....The learning will soon be over!
Perhaps learning to respect others will improve your relationships with them. "Yorubas are lazy,South Africans are lazy,Ijaws are lazy.". You are the only ones that are hardworking and clever !! You consider others to be inferior to you and are never shy to tell them.I wonder why you have few friends.Unfortunately you just don't get it

2 Likes

Politics / Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by 0monna: 4:34am On Aug 06, 2013
Let us remind ourselves how well the Ijaws did under the NCNC government in terms of political positions either in the Regional Asssembly or from Federal Ministerial Positions accruing from the centre coalition Names and numbers in comparison to the Master Race of Eastern Nigeria.
Why is it that the abandoned proprty saga happened in Port Harcourt in this same Eastern Nigeria whilst there was no such thing in Lagos.
Why were the Rivers people so quick to rename Oyigbo or every town from Umu to Rumu. Does anyone remember the name Eyo Ita
Let us contemplate these inconvenient questions
Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 1:02am On Aug 06, 2013
bashy_demy: But any development like this during OGD era?
Am I OGD's spokesman? Guy please don't ask me stupid questions.

Nigeria made more money from oil during OBJ's time than any other period so much that they could pay off a $30 billion debt .Did we make so much money because of something OBJ did?
Did Amosun put limestone in Ewekoro
The M&B plant if I am not mistaken was commissioned by GEJ. When was that started? probably during OGD's time but still I do not think we should be politicizing these things or claiming credit for private sector business decisions unless there is VERY CLEAR justification

Did the WEMPCO steel mill come about through Amosun's efforts in 2 year

Can we stop this unnecessary politics or save it for people who cannot ask questions

Do you think Serious businesses like Dangote which is listed made a decision to come to Ogun Yesterday or because of Amosun? I am not interested in OGD or Amosun so do not try to get me talking about either of them. Serious businesses take their time before investing so I find it hard to attribute credit to politicians besides once you start doing that even GEJ too can claim credit.
Let us salute progress without colouring it with party politics.Must every Yoruba be APC ?
Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 12:18am On Aug 06, 2013
I agree that we should not play politics with this.Some of us are champions of progress in the SW and are neutral politically while others are ACN sympathizers.THat is a legitimate right but we must respect each other we all cannot and will not be ACN sympathizers. Amosun has not created a miracle in Ogun in two years.Ogun state is what it is because it is where it is and that is why the British fought the Ijebus over a hundred years ago . We are happy to see progress but if it is politicized then expect opposition. Ogun state has been a leading agricultural state and industrial hub long before Amosun
Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
sheyie2007: it's a lie... blatant one
Sounds like a joke to me let's lighten up
Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
The Party that has run the FG so far maybe but not the FG otherwise one would criticize Ogun State which was ruled by PDP for 8 years. Ogun State can surpass Lagos State if it starts to think like a business. Starts to cater to the needs of those that pass through the State bringing farm produce or imports from the ports .It has Land so think storage distribution.
Sadly it is difficult to do much without electricity and that is a problem that must be cracked
Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
pullyacap:

My bad....sorry for the outburst! I was consumed by a righteous indignation to shoot down that comment which I thot was literary!

Chop Knuckles!!!
Twenty push ups
Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
RedReact: Oga Gbawe, CyberG and other South Westerners, kindly let's talk about our land, her progress and her future as we have been doing. Massive industrialization is needed and I would like all the 6 states to intensify more on that aspect. All hands must be on deck to drive the region forward, as well as other regions in Nigeria too, but our first berth is Yorubaland.
Is there any update of the Olokonla FTZ? Scanty information on that. Furthermore, I never knew anything about Oluyole FTZ until I saw something like that not long ago. Is there any info on that too?
It is the job of a visionary to see tomorrow.Really we neet to be thinking of further integration with Benin and Togo. The world is changing fast and if we do not integrate across West Africa we can never be a major player.How to make that happen is what a true visionary should be contemplating. Eastern states should be encouraged to integrate further with Cameroun.The Enugu Bamenda Road is an exciting opportunity and we need to think beyond Nigeria but this Western initiative is a step in the right direction.Still we cannot really prosper if Benin and Togo do not as Boko Haram demonstrate clearly. Just improving the road networks can double trade very quickly
Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
Please share it with us ,once again is it a secret. We have moved far away from you just quoting spurious if not fictional studies and expecting us to swallow it.That is why we went to school

Abagworo:

There was a UN sponsored program in Nigeria which aimed to identify potential areas of development and funding which took census of industries in the areas of interest which included Ogun, Abia, Anambra and Kano. Abia emerged tops in small scale because of the shoe, bag and garment industry. I believe Ogun has that advantage of larger industries because of its proximity to the economic capital of Lagos. Abia also enjoys its place because it lies between Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States which are Nigeria's oil hub.
Politics / Re: Jonathan Condoles Fashola Over Father’s Death by 0monna: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
This is where small Nigerians lose the plot.Tinubu and Jonathan are friends and have a laugh at our expense while clowns are fighting endlessly

5 Likes

Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
dolphinife: The Ogun state's industrialisation project has received a strong boost as thirty-five new firms have opened their production plants in the state's industrial estates in the last two years.

Some of the new companies are WEMPCO STEEL MILLS, DANGOTE CEMENT, MAY&BAKER and GOLDEN PASTA. Others are GOODWILL CERAMICS, ADE DISTRIBUTION AND INVESTMENT LIMITED AND AFRICAN FOUNDRIES LIMITED. Apart from that, 80 new companies presently have their applications before the state government via the ministry of commerce and industry. This disclosure was made by the State's commissioner for commerce and industry, Bimbo Ashiru, "We need to realise that commerce and industry is the key. Let me put it this way, if you are talking about internally generated revenue, it has to be driven by commercial activities in the state.

The state, in its bid to maintain its position as the largest industrial estate in Nigeria, has introduced many incentives for investors and this include a one-stop shop which has reduced bureaucratic bottlenecks in seeking the necessary permits to do business in the state. Mineral resources in the state include Limestone, Bitumen, Phosphate, Kaolin, Tar sand and clay some of which can be mined for the next 500 years, according to analysis.

The State's industrial estates include Abeokuta-Lagos/Abeokuta estate, Ota-Idi Iroko estate, Agbara-OPIC estate, Ijebu Ode-Ikangba estate, and Ogijo-Ikorodu estate, others are Ilaro-Ibeshe estate, Sagamu-Benin road estate and Ijebu Igbo-Oru estate.
Lagos State and Ogun State need to pursue a greater integration agenda. Two things that should happen urgently a joint Housing Strategy that will aim to house workers within the Lagos metropolis in Ogun State and perhaps further and a Transport strategy that will make this possible rail,road and air(creative thinking) The FG should consider a Container logistic centre in Ogun State; from a legislative perspective and the states should seek investors to actualize it. The idea is a rail link from the port shifting containers to Ogun state so that the owners and transporters never have to enter Lagos but go and clear them maybe in Sagamu.Potentially that link can be extended further.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I believe Ogun tops at the moment in terms of medium and large scale but Abia still leads in small and medium scale though..
How does one make a statement like this.Surely the source of your information is not a secret? You just wake up one day and say there are morehairdressers in Kwara State.Without data and sources of data we are indulging in witchcraft .I do not know which state has more but I will like to know regarding your claim HOW DO YOU KNOW?

1 Like

Politics / Re: Beat Your Woman In Lagos And Go To Jail by 0monna: 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Some women beat their men too!
Politics / Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by 0monna: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2013
taharqa2: And a large chunck of these schools wud have bn built with FG's 50% UBEC Counterpact fund... Can't just undastand why many State Govts wud not just acknowlege this. It took a long time and lots of arguments b4 Baba Oshio grundgely admitted the contribution of UBEC funding in most of d schools he is renovating/rebuiding in Edo State (and he has done a pretty impressive job so far)!!..... Anyways, congrats to d people of Imo, and God bless Okorocha and others pushing this
Yes o! congrats to them and to you too! Maybe you can go and enrol too??

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.