Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,594 members, 7,944,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools (21051 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Photo News:osun Huge Model Schools : Shoes Have Sizes!!! / One Of Governor Amaech's Model Schools In Ebubu, Eleme Local Government Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by amakenny: 11:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imanuelle: The article was on and on about owerri, with just a few lines talking about the school.

I think the governor has reduced imo state as a whole to owerri.

Hotels, hotels and more hotels.

Just a few things about the other parts of the state are worthy of note.

Yeah, reducing Imo state to Owerri is a grand survival tactic for government to save money. Next stage is to find any available excuse to finally abandon started and promised projects in the rest of Imo state outside Owerri. Dancing to the gallery, Politricks.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Biafradiplomat: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
jbaur24:

Is this 120 schools built by okorocha? He built this one lumped up hot in the name of school. okorocha is a failure. That is a fact! There is no amount of propaganda that can change the fact that imo state has been unlucky with leaders from ohakin and now okorocha. You people should wise up and elect a fraud-free gov.
You're a very dishonest man, Imo has not lacked good leaders except perhaps Achike Udenwa, even Ohakim was not performing badly but he was unfortunate to be up against an institution in the mould of Okorocha. Okorocha has not disappointed the Imolites in terms of performance but his greatest undoing is dining with the hypocrites called ACN. Imo is a PDP state but APGA equally has a large following and Igbos are emotionally and sentimantally attached to the party. I hope Rochas would jilt ACN because the party is now seen as being controled by their enemies. 2015 is unpredictable and Imo is a highly enlightened and literate state, he will not be giving the presidential ticket of ACN or is it APC for obvious reasons.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Abagworo(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
Biafra diplomat: You're a very dishonest man, Imo has not lacked good leaders except perhaps Achike Udenwa, even Ohakim was not performing badly but he was unfortunate to be up against an institution in the mould of Okorocha. Okorocha has not disappointed the Imolites in terms of performance but his greatest undoing is dining with the hypocrites called ACN. Imo is a PDP state but APGA equally has a large following and Igbos are emotionally and sentimantally attached to the party. I hope Rochas would jilt ACN because the party is now seen as being controled by their enemies. 2015 is unpredictable and Imo is a highly enlightened and literate state, he will not be giving the presidential ticket of ACN or is it APC for obvious reasons.

Even Udenwa didn't perform badly. He built the present secretariat and actualized New Owerri which remained a dream 23 years after its planning. He also maintained Owerri well.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Sommy47: 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imanuelle: This was the class block that was being used while ohakim was in office, it was so messed Up until UBE intervened with 2 classroom blocks and a staff room.

Below it is the recent one by rochas .

It's just 2 blocks.

A total of 12 classrooms altogether.

And still UNDER CONSTRUCTION! !
N the buildings are structural (I mean fixed), I woke up one morning and saw 1 across the road side where I live n d old 1942 huts the call skul has been totally erased. That man is good.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Biafradiplomat: 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
greatgilbert:

Let me give you a few examples of what is wrong with that environment:
1- tarred major road adjacent to classroom windows
2- distractions from people doing PE (Physical Education is a subject at school or you don't know)
3- you have only 8hours per day for effective teaching/learner so that environment is not so arranged
4- 2013, technology, technology. I will tell you that I have been searching to see what was installed outside boy nothing oh I saw water-tank. No technology
5- somebody is confusing entrance/exit with fire-escape
6- ability for modern crowd control and security not visible

Do you want more
What are you yapping about? I don't think you're making sence at all, that school has been on that site for ages, Rochas only demolished the old structure to build those new ones and what do you mean by water tank and technology? Dude I hate your type because you think you're wise whilst you know nothing! You discredit those that are trying to give democracy a meaning while you turn a blind eye to the other governors looting our collective patrimony, hhow many governors have performed as much as Rochas in Nigeria today? While you ignore the likes of T.A Orji, E. Uduaghan, Idris Wada et al including Bayelsa. Your type are the problem we are having in Nigeria, SMH at you.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Sommy47: 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Abagworo:

Even Udenwa didn't perform badly. He built the present secretariat and actualized New Owerri which remained a dream 23 years after its planning. He also maintained Owerri well.
Udenwa archived little or nothing after graceful EIGHT good years in the office. Believe it or not!
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by millionaireman: 12:05am On Aug 05, 2013
Biafra diplomat: Rochas did not reduce Imo to Owerri, rather on the contrary he took development to the hitherto abandoned glorified villages like Orlu and Okigwe, today, those two places can be termed emerging cities.

Okigwe and Orlu as once glorified villages but now emerging cities? Well, provided the road projects Governor Okorocha started in them are not abandoned at the long run. Late Gov. Ikwechegh started major drainage and road works in the two cities, but as soon as he left office, the jobs were abandoned. Educational institutions opened outside the state capital by past governors beginning from Mbakwe era were closed up and transferred to Owerri after any of the governors left office.

Okigwe, Orlu and Owerri - there were little or no differences in sizes between those three towns when Imo state was created in 1976. Issue has been that some people in Imo state made it a point of duty that every state governor must be cornered to accept that all there is in a state for development is the state capital alone. Thus Okigwe and Orlu have remained under-developed ever since. And that factor has made Imo the least developed among those states created at the same time with it. Wonder why the two cities of Okigwe and Orlu had engaged themselves in a long race to exit the present Imo state to form the nucleus of any new state to be created in the southeast.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Biafradiplomat: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:

yea, though he was lopsided, concentrated at Orlu axis, built the teaching hospital there, stadium and regional market also( even when Eke Onuwa market Owerri is congested).
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Biafradiplomat: 12:23am On Aug 05, 2013
millionaireman:

Okigwe and Orlu as once glorified villages but now emerging cities? Well, provided the road projects the governor started in them are not abandoned at the long run.
Okigwe, Orlu and Owerri - there were little or no differences in sizes between those three towns when Imo state was created in 1976. Issue has been that some people in Imo state made it a point of duty that every state governor must be cornered to accept that all there is in a state for development is the state capital alone. Thus Okigwe and Orlu have remained under-developed ever since. And that factor has made Imo the least developed among those created at the same time with it. Wonder why the two cities of Okigwe and Orlu had engaged themselves in a long race to exit the present Imo state to form the nucleus of any new state to be created in the southeast.

paucity of funds is most likely the reason why the Okigwe and Orlu roads are on hold, its apparent that Rochas is in a haste to develope Imo state which informed his decision to state so many projects at the same time, at a point I began to wonder if Imo was this rich for him to be financing all these projects simultaneously. There was a song I used to hear when I was young and it goes thus; Obodo n'ile emepechala.., ya afo Okigwe na Orlu.., ndi na achi ha amaghi ihe! But Rochas has come to change that mantra for good.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by millionaireman: 12:34am On Aug 05, 2013
Biafra diplomat: yea, though he was lopsided, concentrated at Orlu axis, built the teaching hospital there, stadium and regional market also( even when Eke Onuwa market Owerri is congested).

But Owerri hosts practically every good thing Imo state has.
Huge sums of Imo state's revenue were put by Udenwa govt into building: new Owerri capital territory, the state's glittering secretariat, expansion of educational institutions in Owerri, boulevards and drainage all over the city of Owerri, provision of modern amenities all over Owerri;

yet you are apparently perplexed that Udenwa converted the old general hospital in Orlu to a teaching hospital after building a few houses there; perplexed that a regional market that had been on the drawing boards for decades before Udenwa became governor was actualized, perplexed that Udenwa refurbished old Orlu township stadium that had existed for decades?
Imo must be better once people like you acknowledge the fact that Imo state is larger than Owerri.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by millionaireman: 12:41am On Aug 05, 2013
Biafra diplomat: paucity of funds is most likely the reason why the Okigwe and Orlu roads are on hold, its apparent that Rochas is in a haste to develope Imo state which informed his decision to state so many projects at the same time, at a point I began to wonder if Imo was this rich for him to be financing all these projects simultaneously. There was a song I used to hear when I was young and it goes thus; Obodo n'ile emepechala.., ya afo Okigwe na Orlu.., ndi na achi ha amaghi ihe! But Rochas has come to change that mantra for good.

...and there is no paucity of funds as the state government now gives road contracts all over Owerri and order that they be completed under, say six months - and they are completed on schedule. Imo must be better once its governors realize that the state must have close to uniform development. If all the rich and middle class in Imo state must be forced to go to live in Owerri where modern infrastructure only exists for now - as it is unfolding before us - Imo cannot be better.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by An0nimus: 1:20am On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:
Project has over-stayed. Show me any other governor that has built 120 schools since 2011. All the schools are not same size though. I believe they were built according to the expectant population of each area involved.
Chill chief no be fight. I just stated what I know.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by acidiczuzzee: 1:24am On Aug 05, 2013
Okorocha is d best tin dat has happend 2 imo state,if u say he is not workn den u re not in imo state,he has made orlu d latest city in Imo state,and created othr channels of road in rural areas,buildn various round abts arnd owerri metropolice.if not 4 anytin am enjoyn his free edu policy,although we pay 20k 4 wat I dnt knw but its bettr compaird 2 wat we used 2 pay,Plz giv me rochy n I will vot 4 him a million times
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by anonimi: 1:33am On Aug 05, 2013
taharqa2: And a large chunck of these schools wud have bn built with FG's 50% UBEC Counterpact fund... Can't just undastand why many State Govts wud not just acknowlege this. It took a long time and lots of arguments b4 Baba Oshio grundgely admitted the contribution of UBEC funding in most of d schools he is renovating/rebuiding in Edo State (and he has done a pretty impressive job so far)!!..... Anyways, congrats to d people of Imo, and God bless Okorocha and others pushing this

Thanks for pointing out this FACT that the so-called "progressive" will rather wish we do not know about.

I guess it does not fit the FALSE stereotype that the southern press, especially those on the Lagos axis have built about Jonathan being clueless and non-performing. Liar Muhammed has done a beautiful job of keeping that FALSE image while his ex-PDP equivalent, Metuh was sleeping on duty.
Nevertheless, slowly but surely the TRUTH shlall emerge and set those who want to be free, FREE.

Does anyone remember how many such schools were funded by UBEC under OBJoke's miserable eight years
Or during Yaradull's tenure

BTW, I guess it would be better to have the story headline as Imo & FG build 120 new schools or at least FG assists Imo to build 120 new schools.
Just to keep the records straight.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by anonimi: 1:38am On Aug 05, 2013
Imanuelle:

actually, I just visited the village,
I'm from mbaise , the things that are of note are, a round about, built at ahiara junction, but since it's on a federal road, then I believe it's got little or nothing to do with the governor.

The primary school is the only change I have noticed in my village so far, alongside the flagging off of a road construction from afor-ogbe to aba.
however, all the trucks and machines have since disappeared after the flag off.

As for owerri, I think it it neater, there's a junction that cuts accross wetheral and bank road, another monumental round about has been erected there.

Douglas road may never change, probably due to the market there. it's both dirty and always a no go area if you are driving.

These are the few things I've observed in my short stay. I may not know about policies and other things, I definitely cannot see the whole of the state , but I've just explained my day to day observations.

Updated with Pictures

as at the time of this post, the truck wasn't there, but by the time I went back to take pictures, the truck came in.

Some security guys also.

However, it is obvious that this is a federal project.

Thanks for the live report with pictures to deflate the PROPAGANDA of the pseudo-progressive politrickians.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by peruso: 6:11am On Aug 05, 2013
Pix of the schools?

1 Like

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by ceejayluv(m): 6:25am On Aug 05, 2013
Lordjunta: Pls we ar no longer kids here,any report or claim without any action pictures is as good as a Biology teaching without illustrations,history without dates. Rochas played into d hand of Gen. Buhari in 2003 and he was taught a red letter lesson. Now he has once again played into d hands of d combined Evil of Buhari and Tinubu. I weep for him. He wants to be president of Ogboko abi? Time wil tell.
Fact...
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by bruno419(m): 6:57am On Aug 05, 2013
Imanuelle: The whole article was about owerri.

I'm gonna snap the almost completed school close to my house tomorrow.

Sorry about the picture quality , I had to crop, due to nairaland's 200kb limitation.
yea i am 4rm ogbe in mbaise,owelle is really trying but the contractors had to use wood on ours instead of the lite metal used by others
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by jbaur24: 7:18am On Aug 05, 2013
Imanuelle:

the school you have in the picture you uploaded is probably the best he built .

I know that one on wetheral, that's even why the pedestrian bridge was constructed.

But I hope you will agree , that the school structure on wetheral is not same for all 120..

some others are just 2 classroom blocks . some are more, some are less.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 05, 2013
bruno419: yea i am 4rm ogbe in mbaise,owelle is really trying but the contractors had to use wood on ours instead of the lite metal used by others

such evil,
even the governor wouldn't be aware .
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 05, 2013
jbaur24:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by joshyjags: 7:58am On Aug 05, 2013
bla bla bla , all d same story,okorocha shld plz provide jobs for imo youths asap.......
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by ohil: 9:16am On Aug 05, 2013
I am disappointed on the quality of work. Poorly finished building. it doesn't really resemble schools. Or is it nomadic schools?

1 Like

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by MizCiNdYpWaY: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2013
Thumbs up!! Rochas, kip it up
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by macjive01: 9:52am On Aug 05, 2013
sherbol: What 120 schools?I reside in Owerri n I work in d educational sector,there is nothing like that.d nature of ma job carries me around schools in Imo state n I ve nt seen what u r talking abt.apart 4m d OWERRI CITY SCHOOLS on Wetheral there is nothing like dat.pls don't misinform piple hear.

God bless you!

Leave bloody Internet paid troll to sell their birthright and concisence for a plate of cold porridge .

Rochas is a grand failure, those saying otherwise, what does it take you to snap these " worthy " developments and publish ?
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by 0monna: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2013
taharqa2: And a large chunck of these schools wud have bn built with FG's 50% UBEC Counterpact fund... Can't just undastand why many State Govts wud not just acknowlege this. It took a long time and lots of arguments b4 Baba Oshio grundgely admitted the contribution of UBEC funding in most of d schools he is renovating/rebuiding in Edo State (and he has done a pretty impressive job so far)!!..... Anyways, congrats to d people of Imo, and God bless Okorocha and others pushing this
Yes o! congrats to them and to you too! Maybe you can go and enrol too??
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by somegirl1: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
gidson12:
Mrs know all......now without basic education who's gonna work in that your job creation, and who's gonna have the knowledge to create and manage a job well, on the contrary underdeveloped countries needs basic education to be creative inother to develop itself, people shouldnt wait for government to creat jobs for them all the time education can develop your mind to creat a job for yourself thereby reducing unemployment....
for on your point about roads and electricity, BASIC EDUCATION is very important.
every government has his plan and road map on how to govern, maybe this guy just want to start with education and gradually take it up from there touching every other needs.....remember this is just 2yrs into his administration don't be so critical.......

use your head

I used my head. See the emboldened part of my comment.

some-girl:

I do mind very much and I have yet to give you permission to do so, so don't thank me yet.
You may refer to yourself as such however.

Education and the abundance of SECONDARY SCHOOLS is less important in an underdeveloped country with little job prospects after graduation.

Upgrading existing secondary schools and perhaps adding a few extra schools in target areas, and providing goods roads to facilitate transportation to and from these schools would have sufficed.

You are the type of person nigerian leaders like; those who, like them, have trouble focusing on the big picture.

Now I would like to ask of you the same favour, i.e that you use yours.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by somegirl1: 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
kel4soft:

Without education you won't know that, Education is less important to roads and electricity. So you have finally contracdicted to yourself.

My point, which you and your cohorts have failed to understand, is simply that the state doesn't need so many NEW secondary schools. He, like most Nigerian governors, do things like this to make people believe they are doing a lot when in fact they are doing very little.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Lordjunta(m): 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
Imanuelle: The whole article was about owerri.

I'm gonna snap the almost completed school close to my house tomorrow.

Sorry about the picture quality , I had to crop, due to nairaland's 200kb limitation.
if dis is wht u tagged, Okorocha has completed 120 modern schools in Imo den u need to visit Amechi's Rivers and c wht is d completion of modern schools. No doubt, empty druns makes d loudest noise bt a drun filled wit somethin doesnt make sound.U should be ashamed of urself dt a man is sucking and blowing breez to educated-yet unconscious and unsuspected Imolites. 2 yrs LG allocatns embezzled,Ministries and parastaters subventions crippled,ITC sold, Adapalm sold,Lamonde real estate biz liters evrywh in d state,Imo educatn trust fund duly funded is whr. My friend pls remove d scale in ur eyes,and knw yee dt all Nigerian Politicians ar d same,bt some ar diplomatic thieves dan d others.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
Lordjunta: if dis is wht u tagged, Okorocha has completed 120 modern schools in Imo den u need to visit Amechi's Rivers and c wht is d completion of modern schools. No doubt, empty druns makes d loudest noise bt a drun filled wit somethin doesnt make sound.U should be ashamed of urself dt a man is sucking and blowing breez to educated-yet unconscious and unsuspected Imolites. 2 yrs LG allocatns embezzled,Ministries and parastaters subventions crippled,ITC sold, Adapalm sold,Lamonde real estate biz liters evrywh in d state,Imo educatn trust fund duly funded is whr. My friend pls remove d scale in ur eyes,and knw yee dt all Nigerian Politicians ar d same,bt some ar diplomatic thieves dan d others.

read my post again
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Abagworo(m): 12:03am On Aug 06, 2013
some-girl:

My point, which you and your cohorts have failed to understand, is simply that the state doesn't need so many NEW secondary schools. He, like most Nigerian governors, do things like this to make people believe they are doing a lot when in fact they are doing very little.

You need some enlightenment on the topic. Those schools were already there but dead due to old age and attendant decay. Some were too small and needed expansion. He actually did what you are advocating for which is to upgrade the existing schools. The picture posted by Imanuelle is that of uncompleted school and should not be used as a basis to judge the final looks. I posted pictures of a completed one. From Imanuelle's picture you could deduce the previous state of the school though.

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by LuluSparklez(f): 6:35am On Aug 06, 2013
blah blah blah, has Rochas Seen the state of the Road leading to the ''Federal'' university of technology until that is fixed, he hasn't done shxt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials / VIDEO: Tight Security In Maiduguri As Buhari Visits / Tribunal; Protesters Barricade Osun Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.