Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,552 members, 7,972,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:01 PM

Halle Berry Sought By Obi Emelonye For Next Movie Titled 'safari' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Halle Berry Sought By Obi Emelonye For Next Movie Titled 'safari' (976 Views)

New Movie Titled Don Jazzy / Predict Baba Suwe's Next Movie Title / The Next Movie Star Reality Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Halle Berry Sought By Obi Emelonye For Next Movie Titled 'safari' by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2012

Worth-listening to conversation with Nollywood director Obi Emelonye , whose follow-up to his 2011 fantasy/adventure hit The Mirror Boy , titled Last Flight To Abuja (the priceydisaster/thriller, said to be the first of its kind in Nollywood, inspired by true events), opened in London last week Friday.
In the 13-minute interviewbelow, courtesy of SmartMonkey TV , Emelonye talks about his latest film Last Flight to Abuja , of course; but he also dishes on Nollywood film financing, distribution and exhibition, existing in"2 worlds" (the UK and Nigeria), and on his next film project, said to be an ambitious work titled Safari .
Of most interest to Stateside audiences will likely be his mention that Halle Berry is the actress being sought to star in Safari ; he reveals that the script for the film has been sent to Ms Berry as of the time of the interview, which was uploaded to YouTube just 2 days ago; and if she accepts, then, it'llbe a coup for not only the project, but for Nollywood cinema as well, as he suggests.
Halle Berry in a Nollywood film? Maybe... I haven't seen Last Flight To Abuja yet (it hasn't played in the USA, although it opened in London last week Friday, after a hugely successful world premiere at The Troxy Cinema in East London in front of over 1300 guests). So I'd like to check it out, despite not being turned on by the trailer (embedded below).
It won't be the first time we've seen this kind of cross-continental Diasporic collab; specifically, Isaiah Washington , Vivica A. Fox , Jimmy Jean-Louis , Bern Cohen , Genevieve Nnaji and Stephanie Okereke in Tony Abulu's upcoming Doctor Bello ; Kimberly Elise in award-winning Ghanaian-American filmmaker Leila Djansi's Ties That Bind ; Vivica Fox, Mbong Amata , and Hakeem Kae Kazim in JetaAmata's Black November , to name a few; and I expect that we'll continue to see even more of them, which is a good thing, in my humble opinion.
Will Halle Berry bite? I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see. If she digs the script and the money isgood, she just might... ya never know.
Watch the 13-minute interview with director Emelonye immediately below (he talks about Safari and Halle Berry in thelast minute); he does say that the script is being pitched to " very-well known A-listers, " suggesting more than 1. Sothere could be others in the mix that we'll find out about eventually.
He doesn't say what the film is about however.
Underneath the interview, you'll find the theatrical trailer and poster for Last Flight To Abuja:

_
SOURCE
Re: Halle Berry Sought By Obi Emelonye For Next Movie Titled 'safari' by yommy2sure(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Its all progress in my judgement...enuff with the regular crap littering the market.
Re: Halle Berry Sought By Obi Emelonye For Next Movie Titled 'safari' by enomakos(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2012
good move
Re: Halle Berry Sought By Obi Emelonye For Next Movie Titled 'safari' by semid4lyfe(m): 11:24am On Jul 29, 2012
If it's the same Obi Emelonye that did Mirror Boy, he has nothing to offer and Halle Berry is better off rejecting the role tongue

(1) (Reply)

Sexiest In Nollywood / Bigg Boss Season 8 / Download Music Video: Pepenazi-high Go (mp4 / 3gp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.