Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,521 members, 7,885,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? (1424 Views)

"Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) / This New Niaraland Layout Is Like That Ghana Forum / I'll Like To Start A Petition To Ban Alj Harem Permanently From Niaraland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by hardywaltz(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
Are my the only one getting this funny mails coz they have kinda quadrupled of late, these are a few of what i have received this week.

1) HOW ARE YOU MY DEAR?

I, am miss jamila ,interested in you, and wish to have you as my friend,
please could you get back to me for more details of my self and all maybe
necessary in this relationship, including my picture,if this interest you
get back to me. yours jamila.

2) Hello my dear
i am Sonia by name and i just went to your profile at nairaland.com
and saw how you are explain your self i feel to reach you please try and get
me
back so that i can explain to you my feeling about it and also from there we
can know each other ok yours Sonia

phinakimudu@yahoo.com
Compliments to you and i hope you are doing great. It is a pleasure to come a long your profile at www.nairaland.com. Please Can we be friends? I am looking for a true and sincere friend for relationship. I will tell you more about me when i get a reply from you ok. this is my email (phinakimudu@yahoo.com)
Regard
Phina

3) my dearest from www.nairaland.com

My dearest,
I am Jenifer, I saw your contact and get interest actually, i seek for true friendship and
partner so i contact you and it pleased me to email you please contact me to know more about you,I know a true friend is a gift from God. I will be happy to see your mail and also to send you my pictures and more details about me! contact me direct on this my id ,

jeniferpeterson1@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you

Thanks Jenifer

4) Dear Beloved,

As you read this, I dont want you to feel sorry for
me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. My
name is Omar Hasan a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I
have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer. It has
defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now
I have only about a few months to live, according to
medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life
so well, as I never really cared or anyone (not even
myself) but my business. Though I am very rich, I was
never generous, I was always hostile to people and
only focused on my business as that was the only thing
I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know
that there is more to life than just wanting to have
or make all the money in the world. I believe when God
gives me a second chance to come to this world I would
live my life a different way from how I have lived it.

Now that God has called me, I have willed and given
most of my property and assets to my immediate and
extended family members as well as a few close
friends. I want Allah to be merciful to me and accept
my soul so, I have decided to give also to charity
organizations, as I want this to be one of the last
good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed
money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E,
Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health has
deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself
anymore. I once asked members of my family to close
one of my accounts and distribute the money which I
have there to charity Organization in Bulgaria and
Pakistan , they refused and kept the money to
themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as
they seem not to be contended with what I have left
for them.

The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge
cash deposit of Thirty Five million dollars
$35,000,000,00 that I have with a financial Security
Firm abroad. I will want you to help me collect this
deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations. I
have set aside 35% for your time and service. Please
reply me with honesty as soon as you receive this mail.

God be with you.
Omar Hasan

Is Nairaland truly full of fraudsters like most people suggest? Coz i have been in this forum long enough and only recently did i start receiving this mails..
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by 190theclown: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
I'm same one and only 190
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by hardywaltz(m): 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
190-the-clown:
I'm same one and only 190
190 i know; 190-the-clown mmmhhhh *scratcheshead* i know not smiley
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by r231(m): 12:09am On Jul 26, 2012
Whateva 190 you are, take ya time o

@op
I think a lot of people her get that same email cus I get a lot of them everyday myself
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by hardywaltz(m): 12:27am On Jul 26, 2012
Why is my post hidden naaaa, abi did i say anything wrong? undecided or are the mods in on it? lipsrsealed make i close my mouth kukuma go sleep b4 them ban me.
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by r231(m): 12:34am On Jul 26, 2012
hardywaltz: Why is my post hidden naaaa, abi did i say anything wrong? undecided or are the mods in on it? lipsrsealed make i close my mouth kukuma go sleep b4 them ban me.

Cus 190 was accusing another MOD wrongly and you quoted him so I have to hide them both
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by hardywaltz(m): 12:54am On Jul 26, 2012
r231:

Cus 190 was accusing another MOD wrongly and you quoted him so I have to hide them bot
ok didn't realize u were a mod.
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by empron(m): 2:23am On Jul 26, 2012
I receive a call too."hello my name is Engr John I worked with shell development company,can you handle a contract?get a pen and jotter,I will call you back to give you the contract details".The dude never call back and I didt bother to call him back cos i didt apply for any contract in shell. ;DI receive a call too."hello my name is Engr John I worked with shell development company,can you handle a contract?get a pen and jotter,I will call you back to give you the contract details".The dude never call back and I didt bother to call him back cos i didt apply for any contract in shell.
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by mafioso2(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
Is Nairaland selling our emails to this people?....how did they get our email?....just saw this on my email

phinakimudu@yahoo.com
Compliments to you and i hope you are doing great. It is a pleasure to come a long your profile at www.nairaland.com. Please Can we be friends? I am looking for a true and sincere friend for relationship. I will tell you more about me when i get a reply from you ok. this is my email (phinakimudu@yahoo.com)
Regard
Phina
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by hardywaltz(m): 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
mafioso2: Is Nairaland selling our emails to this people?....how did they get our email?....just saw this on my email

phinakimudu@yahoo.com
Regard
Phina
Exactly my point coz i don't even have a profile pix yet they keep telling me that they like my profile pix.
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by ice234: 6:38am On Jul 27, 2012
you get the scam mail cause you never learn. stop posting your email on forums. even if you must ask for anything. you can simply paste something like nairaland[at]nairaland dot com this case the spam robots dont get to pick your email

1 Like

Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by PRD(m): 7:50am On Jul 29, 2012
thanks@ice234, I have also received similar mails as Mafioso wondering where they got my mail from.
Infact I have seen post of people writing there emails as you suggest and wondered why on earth would they write their email like that.
Now I know better. Cheers
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by hardywaltz(m): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
We have different emails for different purposes, so if I receive a mail from that said email account I know d person doesn't know me.
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by nedostic: 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
As a matter of fact just got a mail from this same person,phinakimudu@yahoo.com. Love scam. Please others should take caution of this email. I think this is one of the evils of social sites.
More so,its always advisable to use a pseudo email for all social media sites.
Finally, try doing a Google search on emails like that, for instance, you can type "phinakimudu@yahoo.com+scam", with or without the inverted comma. It helps a great deal!
Re: Is Niaraland Full Of Fraudsters? by ice234: 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
PRD: thanks@ice234, I have also received similar mails as Mafioso wondering where they got my mail from.
Infact I have seen post of people writing there emails as you suggest and wondered why on earth would they write their email like that.
Now I know better. Cheers

you welcome

(1) (Reply)

Pls, I Need samples of Bond Of Good Conduct / Saying "Goodmorning" In Nigerian Society Is Over Played / Nigerian Beggar With His Intestine Outside His Stomach Tells His Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.