Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,767 members, 7,938,328 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

UK Varsity Offers Four Nigerians Scholarships - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Varsity Offers Four Nigerians Scholarships (586 Views)

Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity / A Nigerian Emerges 1st Phd Pharmacy Graduate In A 49-year-old UK Varsity / 22 Year-old Nigerian Bags Ph.d In Uk Varsity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK Varsity Offers Four Nigerians Scholarships by Slizbeat(m): 5:14am On Jul 26, 2012
THE joy of four Nigerian students knew no bounds when London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom in collaboration with Murtala Mohammed Foundation awarded them post-graduate scholarships to study courses of their choice at the prestigious university.
Speaking at the presentation ceremony in Lagos, the Director, International Development of the university, Mr. Mark Bickerton who was optimistic that the present awardees would do well in their various fields of study, said that the past beneficiaries did well and are back to Nigeria to contribute their quota in national development.
The awardees include Mrs Onyekachi Akwuiwu (PublicHealth), Ayorinde Rufai (Pharmaceutical Sciences), Mr. Babajide Macaulay (Biomedical Science) and Dayo Afolabi (Nursing).
According to Bickerton, “the purpose of the scholarship abroad is to enable the awardees come back to their country and make impact.”
Also speaking, Chief Executive Officer, Murtala Mohammed Foundation, Mrs Aisha Mohammed-Oyebode who sees the foundation as a means of fulfilling her late father’s dream to give qualitative education to Nigerians, commended London Metropolitan University for their gesture to assist Nigerian students further their education, urging the beneficiaries to use the knowledge that will be acquired to develop themselves and the nation.
Good education
Explaining why the foundation partnered with a UK institution, Mohammed-Oyebade said: “It is to ensure that our Nigerian youths were well educated because after the death of my father, our mother gave us the kind of education that made me and my siblings stand tall in the society.”
She added: “I was 12 years old when my father died. When we were growing up, my mother stood by us and gave us good education that made us stand tall today.” She noted that she is always happy when she sees parents supporting their children to get quality education.
In his remark, the Commissioner for Science and Technology, Mr Biyi Mabadeje thanked the institution, reiterating that the scholarship awards will assist the recipients acquire more knowledge both to broaden their horizon and develop the nation.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/uk-varsity-offers-four-nigerians-scholarships/

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Politely Answer Someone When They Ask You Where You Go To School? / Any Available Predegree In South West Universitys Here In 9ja Help Pals / Africa: Re-imaging Education For Young Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.