Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,452 members, 7,929,507 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:27 PM

She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans (1335 Views)

I Thought She Was A Friend,now She Wants Sex in return for a Favour. / She Wants A Sugar Daddy Without Sex, Guy Replies Him / Is this One Of The Signs To Know She Wants Sex When Going To A Guys Place (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Beowulf(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
So a friend of mine has been having issues with what he termed ladies being quick to rush him into the marriage direction.
He broke up with an ex because 2 months after they met, the lady started talking about being with him forever and all that. My friend got spooked and told the lady that he was not interested in marriage and that it does not figure in his plans at all. Understandably, the lady took it the wrong way and they broke up.

Recently, he meets another girl and they have a mutual liking for each other. My friend told me he was slow to commit to a relationship for fear of the girl seeking marriage as an end. He said he informed the girl that he liked her and all that but that he does not want a relationship now but the girl was like they should give it a shot. Well, he tells me now that the girl just informed him yesterday that she would like to know where she fits in his plans and if she does, how she can help him achieve it rather than compete with them. I think this is a noble thought on the girl's part but my friend is having non of it because of his aversion to marriage.

Needless to say, my friend is a bit irritated because it seems to him like he can't just be in a relationship with a lady no more without their wanting it to be defined along marriage lines in the short run.

However, he needs to respond to this girl and wants the most diplomatic answer possible because (1)Marriage is not part of his plans for the foreseeable future and (2) He likes this girl and wants the best way to convey this message to her without hurting her so she can move on.

Thanks for your contributions
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Sijo01(f): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Your friend, your friend......well tell your friend to get lost.
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Mynd44: 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
Before I reply, the OP has to admit that he and his friend are the same person.
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by omega25red(m): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
your friend needs to open his mouth from the start by letting these women know that he is not trying to be married soon.

Tell him to decide if (1) he just want to date casually or (2) if he is looking to date one person while waiting to see if she would be the one.

if he is about option 1 then he needs to quickly break it off with this new girl and not waste her time any longer.
if he goes with option 2 then he can tell the girl that he likes her, but he would like to take it slow to see where things go. It's only been a couple of months and they still need to really get to know each other. Just because you get some azz from a girl doesn't mean that you automatically have to start planning your future together
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by MMM2(m): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
Op
Who is dat ur friend self?
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Beowulf(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2012
omega25red: your friend needs to open his mouth from the start by letting these women know that he is not trying to be married soon.

Tell him to decide if (1) he just want to date casually or (2) if he is looking to date one person while waiting to see if she would be the one.

if he is about option 1 then he needs to quickly break it off with this new girl and not waste her time any longer.
if he goes with option 2 then he can tell the girl that he likes her, but he would like to take it slow to see where things go. It's only been a couple of months and they still need to really get to know each other. Just because you get some azz from a girl doesn't mean that you automatically have to start planning your future together

Thanks buddy. Will do

Mynd_44: Before I reply, the OP has to admit that he and his friend are the same person.

Dude, I would have said it was me if it were so. It's childish hiding behind third party pronouns.

Sijo01: Your friend, your friend......well tell your friend to get lost.

It is not compulsory to post. You don't have to be rude.
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Sijo01(f): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
Beowulf:

It is not compulsory to post. You don't have to be rude.

u call dat rudeness dude....o o, sorwie.
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Rocktation(f): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
It is a good thing that he's always been honest with them and there's nothing more to do really, than to continue being honest. But trust me, relationships need certain kinds of nurturing to last. A little fluffing of the truth every once in a while will not be a bad thing to do. He doesn't always have to be so blantant when he tells about his plans or lack of them thereof, or he's going to maintain his single status for a looooong period of time.

Everyone has got their own goals in life. While marriage may be the ultimate prize in a relationship for some, it isn't the same for others. So for the majority that take this as a priority, he would come across as selfish and as one who wants to just waste their time and seperate them from their goal...which they're infact entitled to.

Answering these questions should be done subtly. He should make them see that there's a need to get really acquainted with each other and that everything will fall in place with time. Give them hope...a reason to want to try. That shouldn't be too hard to do. Brutality will get him no where.

And of cos, the epiphany will eventually come someday, when he's gonna have his rude awakening as to why he's not ready and actually feel ready. So then, what is he gonna do? Walk into his farm and pluck himself a wife? No. Now is best to start working at having one.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
One of the qualities of a REAL MAN IS OBJECTIVITY....women dont mind EVEN IF U TELL THEM TO BE A SECOND WIFE...BUT keeping a woman in USELESS STUPID unreasonable SUSPENCE is realli juvenile...SO PLS like u have been adviced by
Sijo01: Your friend, your friend......well tell your friend to get lost.
TELL ur self...oops your FICTIONAL Jagged as.ss friend to TRULY GET LOSTTTTT!!!!!
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Beowulf(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Rocktation: It is a good thing that he's always been honest with them and there's nothing more to do really, than to continue being honest. But trust me, relationships need certain kinds of nurturing to last. A little fluffing of the truth every once in a while will not be a bad thing to do. He doesn't always have to be so blantant when he tells about his plans or lack of them thereof, or he's going to maintain his single status for a looooong period of time.

Everyone has got their own goals in life. While marriage may be the ultimate prize in a relationship for some, it isn't the same for others. So for the majority that take this as a priority, he would come across as selfish and as one who wants to just waste their time and seperate them from their goal...which they're infact entitled to.

Answering these questions should be done subtly. He should make them see that there's a need to get really acquainted with each other and that everything will fall in place with time. Give them hope...a reason to want to try. That shouldn't be too hard to do. Brutality will get him no where.

And of cos, the epiphany will eventually come someday, when he's gonna have his rude awakening as to why he's not ready and actually feel ready. So then, what is he gonna do? Walk into his farm and pluck himself a wife? No. Now is best to start working at having one.

Thanks Rockstation! I will prolly invite the guy to come read your contribution himself. Makes a load of sense.

Gabriel_sylar: One of the qualities of a REAL MAN IS OBJECTIVITY....women dont mind EVEN IF U TELL THEM TO BE A SECOND WIFE...BUT keeping a woman in USELESS STUPID unreasonable SUSPENCE is realli juvenile...SO PLS like u have been adviced by
TELL ur self...oops your FICTIONAL Jagged as.ss friend to TRULY GET LOSTTTTT!!!!!

Glad you got that out of your system. Got any more gibberish to spout?
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Dimples316(f): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
I think Rocktation has given very sound counsel, I couldn't have said it any better.
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by ayox2003: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
chaircover: He should date younger girls who are not ready for marriage

Abi? Those early 20 girls would do.

Frawzey.
Re: She Wants To Know How She Fits Into His Plans by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
wat ur friend needs is fone book of love peddlers in his city.

(1) (Reply)

My Bestfriend Younger Sister Is In Love With Me / Laziness After Marriage / Letter To My Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.