Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,145 members, 7,943,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby (2410 Views)

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja / Her Six Months Old Baby Gazes Sternly At Her During Sex- She's Worried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby by Danesikemi(f): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
house pls help,i av a yr old plus baby,her hair is long n full,but its so strong,she cries weneva i make it.i dont want to cut it either,pls can i do dreadlock for her.she is( 1yr old ))
Re: Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby by shushu(f): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
buy motions cpr to soften her hair and brush gently.
i think shes too young for locks.
there are many products that can help natural hair, you need to go online to search -youtube is your friend.
Re: Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby by Egbagirl(f): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
If you can get the locks done properly and neatly too like sisterlocks or something. Then why not? And if she grows up and wants something different or if after a few years, her hair softens then yea, you can cut off the locks and have about 1-2 inches of hair.

But then again, there are many ways of making hard hair soft. Try using a lot of natural products (aloe vera, coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil etc). Try to google these things. And also watch the type of shampoo and conditioner you use. Try not to use petroleum based products too. And pls pls pls, do not relax her hair for anything. Biko I beg you. Please don't relax her hair.

To ease the pain, you should comb her hair when its wet and try untangling it when you put the conditioner in. Don't comb it when its dry and after appying stuff to it, comb it gently in sections holding the bottom n combin from the tip first. Gently though
Re: Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby by EfemenaXY: 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hi Danesikemi,

I must say I find your post interesting especially as I have a daughter with quite long hair too - though she's just five months old. I am curious though, how did your daughter's hair get so tangled up? Here's the beauty regime I follow for my daughter daily which I'd like to share with you. This should help AFTER you've taken off the dreadlocks:

~ I usually start off by wetting her hair in the bath then use Johnson's Baby Detangling shampoo. Gently massage the hair with your finger tips for 2-3 minutes then rinse off thoroughly with warm water.

~ After her bath, pat her hair dry with a soft towel then apply some baby petroleum jelly and gently massage her hair and scalp. I use the Boots brand but Vaseline is just as good too.

~ Pour a few drops of baby oil onto your palms, rub them together then massage gently onto baby's hair and scalp (I use the Boots brand but any other oil say, Johnson's baby oil for example should suffice). I find this even helps her relax and she coos contentedly. (Maybe I need to charge that girl for my services sef) grin grin

~ Then gently comb her hair with a plastic (not wooden or metal o!) comb. Although I've not started plaiting her hair yet, you might want to do that for your daughter. Is this something you might be able to do on a daily basis?

*****************************************************************************************************

I also found this on the web, perhaps this might help with loosening her locks without having to resort to shaving her hair. I've included the link for this bit further down. Good luck! smiley wink

1. Try spritzing a detangling spray on baby's wet hair. Many detangling formulas offer slight conditioning properties that not only serve to lubricate the hair to help remove tangles, but also coat the hair with a mild ingredient that can prevent future tangles.

2. Gently work tangles out with a detangling comb, beginning at the ends of the hair. Starting at the top can lead to breakage of baby's delicate hair strands. Broken hairs have microscopic jagged ends that can lead to more tangling in the future. Being gentle preserves the strength of baby's hair strands.

3. Use a rinse-out conditioner whenever you shampoo baby's hair. These products protect the baby's hair from damage due to tangles, improper brushing and the environment.

4. Monitor baby's sleep surface and the carseat cover. Is the texture of these areas causing more tangles? You can lay a silky scarf over the back of the carseat if you believe it's the source of tangles. If it's baby's favorite blanket causing troubles, try laying a silky piece of cloth in the crib to lessen the friction.

Tips & Warnings

* Grown-up detangling combs have very wide teeth, but for baby's fine hair it's OK to use a smaller toothed comb.

* As baby gets older, braiding the hair at bedtime can prevent tangles.

* Keep detangling spray out of the eyes, it can cause irritation.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2322195_detangle-babys-hair.html

Re: Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby by Danesikemi(f): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2012
nairalanders u guyz r d best.@ Efemana,honestly u r d best mother to ur daughter,tanks wil luk for those products u posted.tankx
Re: Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby by gunuvi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Actually, all the above suggestions should be able to help. Meanwhile, if you will like to use Virgin Coconut oil, you can contact me as we manufacture virgin coconut oil and delivers to anywhere in Nigeria.
Call 07026015480 or send us a mail sebasicoconutltd @ gmail . Com
Thanks
Re: Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2012

(1) (Reply)

It Took 12years To Find Out / Brazilian Married To A Nigerian-american Man / Six Things You Should NEVER Do With A Newborn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.