Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,056 members, 7,970,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:48 AM

Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects (4682 Views)

'Buhari’s Likely AGF Has High-caliber Fraud Suspects, Accused Terror Mastermind' / The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre - vanguard / Where Are The Subsidy Buses?????(safetrip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by Atigba: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Am not expecting nothing from this trial.my advice to the government is to just forget about this subsidy probe of a thing...the court do not have a substantial evidence to nail them. So they should let them go.The federal gov is a fraud... They should be blame for awarding contracts to companies without a propel investigation.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by jobaskia(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
na same same all the time. Let's just for the first time on record hears that someone stole billion of naira was tied to the stake for execution. That's when we have new NIGERIA until that is done all na wash wash. The rich is getting richer and the poor getting poorer by the seconds.

Punitive laws has really helped us in the past , but the sychophants will not let it work. All we have now is OLE GBE , OLE GBA- THief carry am, thief snatch am.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by dedeike: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ortis: Where did we stop on d lawan n otedola bribery case or is any1 gonna tel me wer mrs.ibru is or alo akala,gbenga daniel,demeji bankole n many other hudlum's.....NL GUYZ lets cut d wild goose chase nd face reality here....dis is NIJIRIA wer d rich nd theives ar abv d law.....just sit n watch d verdict...
Its shocking how much ignorance you exhibit on this forum. You have a right to be cynical. But your cynicism should not becloud existing facts.
Mrs Ibru has been convicted and has served out her sentence. Most of the ill gotten assets have all been seized.
Messrs Genga Daniel and Akala are all facing trial by EFCC. Their cases were earlier dismissed prompting EFCC to re institute fresh charges.
Dimeji Bankole was charged to court during the early days of this govt. The trial court has given verdict dismissing the case.

It's one thing to charge, it's another to convict. Where the executive demonstrates its will is in the former. While the judiciary handles the latter.
Everywhere in the world, cases are won in court due to the arguments put forward by the lawyers for both parties. Everywhere in the world, a guilty person can escape conviction by the superior argument of his lawyers. An innocent person could still go to jail due to the weakness of his lawyer. There are no hard and facts rules. It is not a must that somebody charged to court must be pronounced guilty.

So you should not deride the efforts of the state in fighting graft on account of your faulty thinking that anybody charged must be convicted
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by DExplorer1: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
ebamma: the case will die a natural death,
edicolove:

Are you somehow related to the judges?
Good question, that's the same act of corruption GEJ is trying to nullify.

Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by solgee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
Atleast for the fact that these thieves have been identified and facing the law now is a welcome development on the part of GEJ. These same people have been in existance and looting our money for so many years but were not even identified. Therefore i will give kudos to GEJ. My expectation is to see each and everyone of them to be brought to book by the law without fear or favour
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by akin23(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
SADLY THE TRUTH IS NOTHING WILL COME OUT OF IT, WE ARE JUST SEEN THE USUAL DRAMA, NOTHING IS NEW, AFTER BAIL THEN ADJOURNMENT THEN FINALLY PLEA BARGAIN END OF THE CINEMA.GOD BLESS NAIJA WE STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO, WHERE IS THE NNPC STAFFS WHO ARE CHIEF CULPRITS NONE, SO WHAT IS THE CASE ALL ABOUT?
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by yemmyyy(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
"Due to insufficient evidence against the accused" is a common trend in Nigerian courts, the accused will always be discharged and acquitted. we have seen it before, we will definitely see it again especially when the accused are highly placed members of the society.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by charlyP1: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: what is their offence?is it a crime to steal stolen money...or to waste wasted resources....or to cheat a cheat....or to steal from a thief.....abegggggg let us not allow cheap distractions from GEJ and his action movie.....mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I realy hate to use profanities but you give me a great reason to use the worst of them on you.What irritating and nauseating sarcasm your post!
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by emsquare(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
bubadaniel13: Let them face thee wrath of the law,there should not be favoritism or cutting corners,all monies should be collected and channelled towards development of the masses.Na our money.

Na so...
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by ypzilanti: 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
A house divided will surely fall. GEJ is as corrupt as those he is prosecuting.

The best possible outcome is that they finish each other in the corruption crossfire...Nigerians will be better for it.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2012

1 Like

Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by klax(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
What expectation again?? Nothing is going to happen.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by Parnassuss(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
Depends on what expectation' means here. I'm hopeful that this brings some guilty parties to book but I won't hold my breath.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by ariy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
[quote
author=solgee]Atleast for the fact that these thieves have been
identified and facing the law now is a welcome development on the part
of GEJ. These same people have been in existance and looting our money
for so many years but were not even identified. Therefore i will give
kudos to GEJ. My expectation is to see each and everyone of them to be
brought to book by the law without fear or favour[/quote] after reheasal to be display for nigerians
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by Loveaflame(m): 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Really none.We know how they do it.Why bother.But we are watching this action comedy.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by kpozite(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
there is nothing as constant as change Nigeria is no exception so lets just hope and expect something good happens this time and by that I mean convictions. They must pay for the crimes they committed.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by temodent(m): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
Expectation ke, for where those guys are either going to be discharge and acquitted or the case suffers indefinite adjournment. Except this no be naija again. Biz as usual.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by TheMatrix3: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2012
Talking about expectations BTW, wher are we on the Farouk/Otedollar case now? #WeepsFor9ja
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by Orblonde: 10:35am On Jul 29, 2012
Nothing will really happen to them in the end as this is not a civil society where justice applies to all. Even if the are found guilty (highly unlikely with a good Lawyer and enough bribe money ) it will be appealed and they will be free to swagger home.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by diademd: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2012
I expect that tax payers' money will still be expended to conduct the 'WHATEVER' and at the end of the whole stuff nothing positive will be achieved. God bless this nation.
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by touchmehard: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
ypzilanti: Let's outsource the trial to the United Kingdom. Then I will expect justice.

Sad, but true.
Just like the Onanefe James Ibori's case abi.
Shaking my head
Re: Your Expectations From The Trial Of The Subsidy Fraud Suspects by DisGuy: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2014
2014 now

one would expect the FG has irrefutable evidence from all its agencies that will make this case eazy peazy, but what do we have after almost 2 years...

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Assembly Approves N4.9 Trillion In 2013 Budget Amendment / PICTURES OF SARDAUNA AHMADU BELLO / A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.