Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops (12777 Views)

Photos: Lagos Computer Village Razed By Fire / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / About Computer Village,ikeja,lagos State.(largest I.T Market In Nigeria)pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by buchai: 1:20am On Jul 29, 2012
Me i likem but it wont be long dey wl converged dem again. It has happen b4 ard 2008 n 2009 dis latest one now bi say one of d area bobo no pay area papa for 3 gud mnths na so dem talkam, i cum carry all d whole moni cum travelld out d tin cum vex d papa na him dey cum scatter d area himsef na him we cum dey here dey rejoice just gv dem few dys mk d bobo cum bk cum settle d mata mk u thnk sy 4 ur domot dem no go rentam put show grass.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by samkoro: 1:56am On Jul 29, 2012
olaheavy: (a Igbo cannibal's quotesmiley
''For over 60 years Igbo people have been trading and giving 'freedom' to their boys. In years gone by, Freedom meant opening a shop for your boy. How many shops can you open for the tens of 'boys' that will do apprentice with you? Left to you the boys should go and rent shops in their villages, because rent is cheap. And we will alll leave computer village to go to individual villages...''

(a Yoruba landowner's responsesmiley
You got it damn right! Yes, get the fvck back to your hellholes in the accursed East. B.itch talking about teeming Igbo youth running about the Yoruba streets - do we really give a fvck about them or any of you ignorant Easterners? All we want and asking for is for you cannibals to leave our lands and fvck off to either Abuja or Calabar or Onitsha. LEAVE OUR YORUBALAND ALONE! Way to go Mr. Raji Fashola. Next port of call is Alaba Market then Ladipo and, later, Mile 12. If we attempt to dislodge those human eaters peacefully and they fail to budge then I think when we go BokoHaram on them they'll take us seriously that we really want them to leave the Yorubaland and fvck the hell off to their erosion drenched caves in the Bight of Biafra. These Igbo cannibals are laughable indeed - they abuse and deride us daily, but are crying that we should build shanty towns for them to dwell and flourish in. Heck no! Go back home, cannibals! Your home is in the hellholes called the Eastern Nigeria. Why are you thieves so obsessed with the Yorubaland? In case you Igbo pigs would like to play the blame game of Lagos being a former FCT and some s.hit like that, I tell you what: Calabar was also an FCT - and it's right there in your landlocked East. Abi, what happens to your land of milk and honey and the rising sun? You should all be ashamed of yourselves!

U are so myopic.This thread was moving on fine before some yorobo pigs introduced their usual tribalistic views they are known for.If the reason hidden reason Fashola did that was to get at the Igbos,well I doubt he succeeded.I will give you reasons

1) There are thousands of yoruba youths in that village hustling for a living.many are on the roadside,selling softwares,phones,doing repairs and uploading music and other phone APPs.

2)Money is mearnt to go round ok.If those youths are not empowered,the yoruba market woman somewhere will lose a customer.Which implies that Fasholas action on a particular group is affecting some other people by extention.Its a multiplier effect.Those yorobo area pigs that collect daily taxes from the roadside traders will see nothing to collect again.

3)The displaced traders will always find better alternative.TeJuosho market is a good example.The ultra modern tejuosho market is "empty" and looking for traders to occupy it.I know some people that a doing better since they left Tejuosho.

4)Tribalism only begets more tribalsm ,it doesn't profit on the long run.Igbos are not interested in tribalism while the main religion of the Yoruba is tribalism.Yorobos invest so much in tribalism and gains only hatred,envy,bad belle,running stomach and high blood pressure.

If the genocide and post war tribalist machination of the yorobos cannot bring the Igbo man down,then nothing will.So do not waste your time,just be positive

1 Like

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by phoneport(m): 2:10am On Jul 29, 2012
Nigeria what a funny country.
Well I think it's been long over due.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by rman: 2:41am On Jul 29, 2012
Royals1st: Fashola of Lagos Govt or what ever the fact is the ACN are only trying always step into matters that people can easily notice ..Please where is the shops build buy lagos state GOVT for computer village guys that they can rent and even the computer village shops are completely full and the rent for small shop it very costly and how on earth do you expect everyone to get such amount of money to rent shop in computer village when rent of shop for a year is between 500k to 700k if those selling by the road are able to raise money to rent shop they will not stay by the road and hustle everyone like to be in office and who like to suffer ? standing in the sun from morning till night and hanging around in when it rained ..I understand the road need to be free and clear but before such action is taken they most have make a arrangement for the stress sell or road seller ..And for those of you comparing europe or usa or any other country that there roads is free and there is no road side seller please stop comparing nigeria with those country because there GOVT have fear of GOD and they are lawful country un nigeria ..In all those western word people has right been a citizen to get business loan and so on ..So student loans so why on earth with some compare nigeria to those country ..All fingers are not equal is not everybody that will be able to raise lager capital to rent shop so GOVT should reason well before they take any action when this guys do not have means to support there living then i more robber and all the rich guys in computer village won't be able to rest and more robber computer village has really helped lagos and so many unemployed graduate even hustle in computer village so the govt you reason before all this silly action is taken .

So it is right to block the roads completely because they can't afford the shops?

Lets reason logically abeg.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 29, 2012
i only hope they can keep it up

the problem is the greed of lg officials.

its the same story of all over lagos - almost like cancer. someone sets up a shop on a road, and the touts rather than chae him/her away, collect daily settlement from them, conferring a dubious form of legality, the next thing, the entire road becomes a congested mess where you struggle to get from pt a to pt b

the eradication of street traders will also bring in a higher degree of certainity. once you buy something from a street trader, and you get home and it doesnt work or fails in 10 minutes - money don enter bush, unless you took the fellows phone no. tracing the guy will become another nightmare. i almost wish they would do the same at 2nd gate in festac. there too, the entire sides of the road are now the 'property' of traders.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by jossy26: 5:56am On Jul 29, 2012
Too many tribalistic bigots on NL these days, its so disheartening to see a thread moving well and will be derailed totally by just a silly and stupid comment from someone...shows the level of reasoning of an average Nigerian. We definitely can't develop like this.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by francis4real(m): 6:20am On Jul 29, 2012
Some are pitying those guys i will urge u 2 save ur pity. guys that most of them makes thousand of naira, why sum millions
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by cypherz: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2012
Great! Would reduce the number of criminals the mingle in.

A few moths ago, I was walking towards Ikeja bus-stop from computer village and was hailed by a semi-scruffy guy. Foolishly I replied. Next thing I know scruffy guy is trailing me and asks for money. I ignore him till he jabs me in the side. Not wanting to cause a scene, I crossed the road and the retard followed me pressing my side. Oh dear! I lost my temper and the idiot suddenly stopped in his track, looked at me as if I had a bum on my head and my head as my bum then walked away. At this point a random trader ran up to me and said 'guy, check your phone, that man na pick pocket'

Usually keep my phone in my pocket so it was safe. So they know he's a pick-pocket and they were just watching all along. Now that the crowd is minimal I don't see what happened to me happening again

PS that's how my mum lost her phone. While arguin wit a riff raff, another ran off with her phone....and a portion of her bag was torn
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by antitpiah: 8:08am On Jul 29, 2012
oyb: i only hope they can keep it up

the problem is the greed of lg officials.

its the same story of all over lagos - almost like cancer. someone sets up a shop on a road, and the touts rather than chae him/her away, collect daily settlement from them, conferring a dubious form of legality, the next thing, the entire road becomes a congested mess where you struggle to get from pt a to pt b

the eradication of street traders will also bring in a higher degree of certainity. once you buy something from a street trader, and you get home and it doesnt work or fails in 10 minutes - money don enter bush, unless you took the fellows phone no. tracing the guy will become another nightmare. i almost wish they would do the same at 2nd gate in festac. there too, the entire sides of the road are now the 'property' of traders.

Instead of chasing them away, why cant the govt regulate it and tax it? This is Lagos, selling on the street should be encouraged and regulated.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by samkoro: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2012
rman:

So it is right to block the roads completely because they can't afford the shops?

Lets reason logically abeg.

You are already reasoning illogicaly because,your illogical mind tells you that government is not responsible to the youths/masses ;and that alternative provisions should not be made before driving out homeless people and traders who feed their families by staying under sun and rain.I haven't seen any government in this country that feel the pain of the ordinary Nigerian
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by emsquare(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2012
*dhtml:
That rowdiness too much, last week I was waylaid in broad daylight by them street boys.

Thank you o - Mr Fashola.

Good riddance to rubbish

Hmmmm!!!
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by kaiye007: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2012
mekaboy: [b]NIGERIA THE RICH GET RICHER THE POOR GET POORER, SOME NIGERIANS ARE BUSY STEALING BILLIONS AND GOING FREE, SOME NIGERIANS HAVE REFUSED TO ENGAGE IN CRIME AND DECIDED TO WORK LEGITIMATELY FOR INCOME, AND THE SAME GOVT WILL DESTROY THEIR SOURCE.

TOMORROW THEY WILL LAMENT OVER THE LEVEL OF INSECURITY, WHAT STOPS FASHIOLA FROM BUILDING SMALL SHOPS THERE AND LET THESE PEOPLE PAY INSTALLMENT FOR 10YEARS UNTIL THEY FINISH ?

GOVT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE, YES THE AREA IS CLEAN NOW, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT FEED FROM THAT AREA ? WHEN WILL NIGERIAN GOVT VALUE THE LIFE OF A NIGERIAN CITIZEN MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE?

WHEN WILL GOVT START TO TAKE DEEP THOUGHTS ABOUT PEOPLES HARDSHIP BEFORE TAKING ACTION? WHEN WILL THE GOVERNOR HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHT, THINKING OF WHAT HE CAN DO TO HELP ORDINARY HUSTLING YOUTHS ON THE STREETS?

ALL THEY THINK OF IS DEMOLISH THE STRUCTURES AND LET THE PEOPLE GO TO HELL. IF THE GOVT WAS NOT CORRUPT AND CREATED JOBS AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO ARTISANS, WONT THESE GUYS BE ABLE TO AFFORD A SHOP ? [/b]
Seconded
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by TonySpike: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2012
samkoro:

You are already reasoning illogicaly because,your illogical mind tells you that government is not responsible to the youths/masses ;and that alternative provisions should not be made before driving out homeless people and traders who feed their families by staying under sun and rain.I haven't seen any government in this country that feel the pain of the ordinary Nigerian
You may be correct, sir. But may I tell u that the case of Lagos State is slightly beyond LASG? Do you know how many young and poor folks troop into Lagos daily to start their lives? How do you expect an overwhelmed state government to keep track of their soaring numbers? Would it be possible to grant them all welfare packages? Why are other governors not making the necessary beneficial efforts to discourage them from coming to Lagos to become nuisances?
We must agree that Lagos is overcrowded and needs to be decongested in the coming years!
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by kaiye007: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2012
olaheavy: (a Igbo cannibal's quotesmiley
''For over 60 years Igbo people have been trading and giving 'freedom' to their boys. In years gone by, Freedom meant opening a shop for your boy. How many shops can you open for the tens of 'boys' that will do apprentice with you? Left to you the boys should go and rent shops in their villages, because rent is cheap. And we will alll leave computer village to go to individual villages...''

(a Yoruba landowner's responsesmiley
You got it damn right! Yes, get the fvck back to your hellholes in the accursed East. B.itch talking about teeming Igbo youth running about the Yoruba streets - do we really give a fvck about them or any of you ignorant Easterners? All we want and asking for is for you cannibals to leave our lands and fvck off to either Abuja or Calabar or Onitsha. LEAVE OUR YORUBALAND ALONE! Way to go Mr. Raji Fashola. Next port of call is Alaba Market then Ladipo and, later, Mile 12. If we attempt to dislodge those human eaters peacefully and they fail to budge then I think when we go BokoHaram on them they'll take us seriously that we really want them to leave the Yorubaland and fvck the hell off to their erosion drenched caves in the Bight of Biafra. These Igbo cannibals are laughable indeed - they abuse and deride us daily, but are crying that we should build shanty towns for them to dwell and flourish in. Heck no! Go back home, cannibals! Your home is in the hellholes called the Eastern Nigeria. Why are you thieves so obsessed with the Yorubaland? In case you Igbo pigs would like to play the blame game of Lagos being a former FCT and some s.hit like that, I tell you what: Calabar was also an FCT - and it's right there in your landlocked East. Abi, what happens to your land of milk and honey and the rising sun? You should all be ashamed of yourselves!
U are really a dissapointment to ur father,mother, ur 2 sisters and ur only brother. Also u are dissapointment to the society and ur environment! Which schools did u attend? U are a dissapointment to the headmaster/headmistress, Principal and Vice councillor of that school. I dont know why seun will allow all this kids that are still living and feeding by there parents to be ranting rubbish in this forum. Hey boy grow up!!!!!!
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
ifyalways: Where they really posing a nuisance to anyone ?
How much does it cost to rent a shop @ the computer village?
Where they duly notified before the demolition exercise?

Are they entitled to trade on the road sides and thus cause traffic bottle neck in and around the environs?

The cost of shops there is a supply and demand issue, if you can not afford to get a shop there, then you look elsewhere..it doesn't have to be there.

Do they have permission to be there?
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by kaaz(m): 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
Thats Nice Mr. Fashola.. buh u for but our ikorodu road on priority the city is growing fast buh the main road is bad talk less of the ikorodu garage which is worst than computer village
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
antitpiah:

Instead of chasing them away, why cant the govt regulate it and tax it? This is Lagos, selling on the street should be encouraged and regulated.

Pray tell...how do you regulate road side trading that have taken over all access routes into that area...God forbid emergency access by NEMA...on a busy week day?
Why do People always encourage illegality and disorderliness just because it "our people" involved
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
samkoro:

U are so myopic.This thread was moving on fine before some yorobo pigs introduced their usual tribalistic views they are known for.If the reason hidden reason Fashola did that was to get at the Igbos,well I doubt he succeeded.I will give you reasons

1) There are thousands of yoruba youths in that village hustling for a living.many are on the roadside,selling softwares,phones,doing repairs and uploading music and other phone APPs.

2)Money is mearnt to go round ok.If those youths are not empowered,the yoruba market woman somewhere will lose a customer.Which implies that Fasholas action on a particular group is affecting some other people by extention.Its a multiplier effect.Those yorobo area pigs that collect daily taxes from the roadside traders will see nothing to collect again.

3)The displaced traders will always find better alternative.TeJuosho market is a good example.The ultra modern tejuosho market is "empty" and looking for traders to occupy it.I know some people that a doing better since they left Tejuosho.

4)Tribalism only begets more tribalsm ,it doesn't profit on the long run.Igbos are not interested in tribalism while the main religion of the Yoruba is tribalism.Yorobos invest so much in tribalism and gains only hatred,envy,bad belle,running stomach and high blood pressure.

If the genocide and post war tribalist machination of the yorobos cannot bring the Igbo man down,then nothing will.So do not waste your time,just be positive

You are worse than the poster you are accusing
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by mikeywise(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
ilugunboy:

You are worse than the poster you are accusing
What school did u attend?
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by bashr8: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
anybody doing buiness by the roadside should have plans cus its obvious govt will pull it down one day.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by olaheavy: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
Tony Spike:
You may be correct, sir. But may I tell u that the case of Lagos State is slightly beyond LASG? Do you know how many young and poor folks troop into Lagos daily to start their lives? How do you expect an overwhelmed state government to keep track of their soaring numbers? Would it be possible to grant them all welfare packages? Why are other governors not making the necessary beneficial efforts to discourage them from coming to Lagos to become nuisances?
We must agree that Lagos is overcrowded and needs to be decongested in the coming years!

Very well said, sir. I don't know if you're Igbo or not, but if you happen to be one of them I give you kudos for not being as myopic as most them. Your answer to that fool was spot on. That's exactly my argument: nothing less than 100 luxurious buses (and other ways of moving folks) enter the Yorubaland (especially Lagos and Ibadan) on a daily basis. What are those Igbo governors doing to stop this madness or at least nip this crazy mass Exodus of the Igbos out their so-called land of milk and honey and the rising sun in the bud? After all you all claim (in your nightmare) superiority over all the races/tribes in Africa, so why are you trooping daily into our lands? Some foolish Igbo said that Yoruba youth are also constituting nuisance on Lagos streets by selling and hustling - well this is not true because more than 80 percent of those on the streets of Ikeja, Oshodi, Alaba, Iyana Ipaja, Agege, Abule Egba, and Toll Gate (that I meet daily) are the Easterners especially the Igbos. Even if Yoruba youth are among them that's the more reason why we're saying that the invaders (Igbos) should stay put in the East. I mean if a place is full of milk and honey what are you rushing to the Yorubaland for? Leave our lands so our youth don't become hustlers and are boys in their lands. You Igbos always put up silly defenses ranging from Lagos being a former FCT to the Yoruba getting jealous of you cannibals. So, why don't you stay in your region?
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by omoijoba1: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
Although, I don't encourage lawlessness, Nija govt need to realize that the country is now a jungle as a result of institutional failure and gross mismanagement of our commonwealth. I have a close friend with whom I graduated two years ago hustling on the street in this same computer village. A first class graduate for that matter forced by joblessness to be on the street. If govt is up and running as expected I see no reason why somebody like this guy should be on the let alone govt taskforce destroying his only mean of livelihood..
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by highyo: 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
UNCLE FASH THESE ONE NO BE OSHODI O
I GIVE U THREE WEEKS, THEY WILL BE BACK cheesy cheesy
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 30, 2012
mikeywise:
What school did u attend?

Your open roofed school in your cannibals infested erosion laden village. Idotta!
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by dyomo(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2012
Wat of d area boys walking d length n breath of computa village?wat as happened 2 dem?d guys who sell fake and bad phones,hw many hs d govt arrested?d ones who rob and molest ppl in broad daylight,are they not walking free? The guys I just mentioned are d real ppl who disturb d peace in computa village.they dnt av a structure any govt can demolish.their jobs av bin made easier.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by lovelyS(m): 7:17am On Jul 31, 2012
I pray that some of you in support of demolition of some people means of livelihood in the name of street trading will never experience what it takes to hustle on the street of computer village. some of you just comment in support of the demolition because you are doing fine and never experienced or understand the bitterness and agony this people are going through caused by unemployment in the country.do you think is easy to have a table by the road side repairing phones ? I want you all to understand that some of them are brilliant graduates but they found themselves in that situation because their fathers are not in government stealing money.
Believe it or not, the guy that owned SLOT (one of the largest phones distribution coy in Africa) ones started on the street of computer village.I know this because i have been working in and out of computer village since 2002 but i later joined a computer manufacturing company in lagos, i worked for with them for 7 years and im now back in computer village owing a small computer repair shop.
My point here is that not all of them street hunters are bad and this people can't be blame.the government should do something for them fast before the wrath of God befall them for stopping people's dreams.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Requirements For Expatriate Quota and Business permit In Nigeria. / BUA, MMM Erba Makina Sign Agreement To Construct Plaster Manufacturing Plant / Mowe Situation Report: No Injury Or Death Recorded - Lagos Fire Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.