Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,303 members, 7,881,120 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:58 PM

Question For Owners Of Fashion Related Business Owners - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Question For Owners Of Fashion Related Business Owners (683 Views)

Fashiontush: Buy And Sell Fashion Related Product With Us!! / Would You Do This Hairstyle All In The Name Of Fashion / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Question For Owners Of Fashion Related Business Owners by 9jabizinfo: 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
Online shopping is becoming more and more popular in Nigeria. However, as a business owner of a fashion related business (clothes, make-up, assessories, hair, perfumes, cosmetics etc)what is your take on having an online presence for your business? Do you think it is necessary for your company? If you already run an online store, can you please share your experience (negative and positive) and your challenges so we can learn.

I am asking for your experiences as I am thinking of starting an online business in Nigeria and trying to get some tips on how best to be positioned for success as well as get a feel for what the Nigerian market reacts best to. The business I am thinking of runs like ASOS or AMAZON where a vendor gives me (and I store in my warehouse or they can have it in their store) their products to sell on my site and I get a percentage of the sale - I handle everything from marketing and order processing to shipping and returns. As a business owner:

1. Would you be interested in such an arrangement - is this a waste of time? Does it make sense for your business? Why or why not.
2. How much % of the cost of the good will you be willing to give up as commission. What do you think is reasonable.

Thanks in advance for giving 5 mins of your time to educate me.

(1) (Reply)

Makeup Products And Their Expiry Dates / Beautyglows ,1week Action Skin Whitener', & Soap'scrub / Men On Heels: Fashion Or Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.