Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,994 members, 7,880,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:31 PM

~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ (8527 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
Do Igbo Men Have Higher Rates of Homosexxuality than Yoruba Men and Other Groups?

Are there other Ethnic Groups Prone to Higher Numbers of Homosexxuality?

Is it More Acceptable in Igbo Culture to be a Homosexxual?

Is it more Frowned Upon within the Yoruba Community to Be Gay?

Are More Yoruba Men hiding in the Closet while Igbo Culture is more Acceptable To Being Gay?....

Educate Us.

Ileke-IdI:
I'm saying the truth. even Afam4eva can't dispute the rate of homosexxuality amongst Igbo men grin

Ileke-IdI:
By an Igbo man. I beg to disagree. Igbo men look like pretty gays, so it's not surprising they have high percentage of homosexuals in NIgeria. I'd take my manly Yoruba men anyday anytime.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by onila(f): 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
undecided
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
Nigerians must speak on this subject....Nigeria is voted one of the worst places to be gay....

The backwards culture that exist there must be discussed, much of the world views their views towards gays as very primitive and not progressive at all

The gay Guy in the third video is a warrior.

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
"Nigerians are Afraid to Speak on Homosexxuality"....~Forum Member

Ibime: Gay people always love to believe that many others are closet gays besides themselves. . . . lol. . . . well, newsflash: 99.5% of Nigerian men are straight, whatever you think.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Afam4eva(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
Royal-VII:
Do Igbo Men Have Higher Rates of Homosexxuality than Yoruba Men and Other Groups?

Are there other Ethnic Groups Prone to Higher Numbers of Homosexxuality?

Is it More Acceptable in Igbo Culture to be a Homosexxual?

Is it more Frowned Upon within the Yoruba Community to Be Gay?

Are More Yoruba Men hiding in the Closet while Igbo Culture is more Acceptable To Being Gay?....

Educate Us.

Abeg, help me ask her oo.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
LOL @ this topic.

Royal are you hiding in the closet? tongue

There's a saying that goes like this: "If you have a friend named Uche, watch your azz"

My Igbo brothers call it open mind and democracy (abi what's that excuse una like to use?). Homosexually is more open and acceptable in the East.

There's currently a Gay bar (one of the first in Nigeria) planning to be built in the East, by Kenneth Okafor.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
My Igbo brothers call it open mind and democracy (abi what's that excuse una like to use?). Homosexually is more open and acceptable in the East.

There's currently a Gay bar (one of the first in Nigeria) planning to be built in the East, by Kenneth Okafor.

^Ahhh see now we are getting somewhere.....

Knowledge is beautiful...

So because it's more "open" and acceptable in the east......you think the Yoruba from the south west are Less gay?

Or Are they just hiding in the closet?....
wink
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUAkmW2PEgk

I bet you, that's an Igbo man.

I give it up to my Igbo brothers for fighting for homosexuality.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
Not saying there aren't other homosexual Nigerian men, but I'm saying it's higher in one part of Nigeria than the other.

1 Like

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
“My husband padlocks my private parts” ~ Chika

You’re complaining now but were you blind when your penis was being padlocked?

I did it out of love charm not knowing I am imprisoning myself. I am trying to break that key and once it’s done that means I am done with him. I am sick and tired of this suffering and smiling marriage because he cheats and still picks on me as if I am a kid and yet padlocked me. This is prison.

Chika

http://omojuwa.com/2012/06/my-husband-padlocks-my-private-parts-chika/
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
One of The first gay bars?....In Nigeria?

I call that Social Progression cool

Do you Believe Yoruba Men on average are not often seen as being "as gay" because of genetics or because of culture?

Could it be that the culture which is less progressive in their regions be preventing them from being as gay as they want to truly be?

Just like the AA community in America...Black men are just hiding in the closet more....

It's very obvious on this side of the ocean
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
It's indeed social progression grin

That's why I give it to them grin
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Not saying there aren't other homosexual Nigerian men, but I'm saying it's higher in one part of Nigeria than the other.

if i am a governor for a state....

and i make smoking marijuanaa Legal....

Does that mean my state has more Weeed Smokers than Another state that outlaws it?

or is it that you just see it more "openly" because it is acceptable?.

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
cheesy
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Do you Believe Yoruba Men on average are not often seen as being "as gay" because of genetics or because of culture?

Could it be that the culture which is less progressive in their regions be preventing them from being as gay as they want to truly be?

If you read what is written on NL by by SE brothers, you'd not mention social progression.

As for Yoruba men, if it has to do with culture, then we'd hold culture accountable for other parts of Nigeria. In every region of Nigeria, homosexuality hold the same degree of taboo. One section is just more homosexually oriented than the other.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

if i am a governor for a state....

and i make smoking marijuanaa Legal....

Does that mean my state has more Weeed Smokers than Another state that outlaws it?

or is it that you just see it more "openly" because it is acceptable?.

Homosexuality is not legal in any part of Nigeria.

If a Yoruba homosexual wants to build a gay bar, nothing can stops him. Society (as like other part of NIgeria) will look down on him.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

If you read what is written on NL by by SE brothers, you'd not mention social progression.

As for Yoruba men, if it has to do with culture, then we'd hold culture accountable for other parts of Nigeria. In every region of Nigeria, homosexuality hold the same degree of taboo. One section is just more homosexually oriented than the other.

I understand that most of the world being gay is Taboo, so logically that would apply to all of nigeria

But you have said it yourself.."it's more acceptable in the east"..and they have started one of the first gay bars in nigeria..

Progression...

One section is just more homosexually oriented than the other.

^You believe Igbo men and ethnic groups of the east are inherently born "more gay" based on number of births and population?

You sure those Yoruba brothers aren't just hiding in the closet at allot higher rates?....

My mother told me never to sleep with a white woman.....

Till this day she still believes i never slept with a white woman... grin
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
But you have said it yourself.."it's more acceptable in the east"..and they have started one of the first gay bars in nigeria..

It's more acceptable, but socially, no one will admit it.
It's one of those things you know is happening, but everyone wants to talk against it as if they're not doing it.
95% of the Nigerian homosexuals who come out in Western nations are from the East. It's something, if society accepts, would be done openly.
Okechukwu , I believe was living in Germany before he came back to Nigeria.

^You believe Igbo men and ethnic groups of the east are inherently born "more gay" based on number of births and population?

Born gay? Is there such thing?

When you have men admiring how beautiful they look and admiring other men, what do you get? grin
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
You sure those Yoruba brothers aren't just hiding in the closet at allot higher rates?....

If they were, they'd have come out of it in Western world where it's more okay like my Igbo brothers.

Remember, I never said there aren't gay Yoruba men.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
My Igbo brother planning on builing a gar bar in the east.
"Social progression" cool cool

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ashy azz skin with the nastiest set of toes.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
Is there a such thing as "being born gay"...absolutely....

LmL@The Picture...

My thing basically is, it seems as if the "progressive minds" of nigeria are being condemned by the "coward minds"

Scientist all know...being gay has no relevance to ethnicity...

Those yoruba men are flat out hiding in the closet...They are suckin on the low..

Meanwhile a portion of the population is "trying" to come into the new world with "progression"

But it is being prevented by the cowardice closet gays.

Progressive Minds>Regressive Beliefs

Especially when they are both engaging in the same exact act

Royal aka The Liberal Leader.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:
Is there a such thing as "being born gay"...absolutely....

LmL@The Picture...

My thing basically is, it seems as if the "progressive minds" of nigeria are being condemned by the "coward minds"

Scientist all know...being gay has no relevance to ethnicity...

Those yoruba men are flat out hiding in the closet...They are suckin on the low..

Meanwhile a portion of the population is "trying" to come into the new world with "progression"

But it is being prevented by the cowardice closet gays.

Progressive Minds>Regressive Beliefs

Especially when they are both engaging in the same exact act

Royal aka The Liberal Leader.

You're contradicting yourself. Calling the same progressive minds coward minds at the same time.
The same Igbo men who'd come and attack their homosexual brothers on NL and offline are the ones you call progressives.
I, on the other hand, was not attacking them. Just stating what other part of NIgeria has observed.

Just because other men tend to like women does not implicate them as closet gays.
A Yoruba was a gay advocate for LGBT in London.

Like I said, some part of Nigeria are more oriented towards homosexuality than the other. If you want to call it "genes" you can go ahead, but I doubt it.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
You're contradicting yourself. Calling the same progressive minds coward minds at the same time.

First things first...Show me where i contradicted myself.

The Progressive Minds are the Homosexxuals who are going about Open Homosexxuality...who are trying to promote "freedom"

The Cowardice Regressive Minds are the "Closeted" Gays (Yoruba Men on DL/any male on the Dl) who are engaging in the same act yet condemn "openly gay behavior"

I clearly wrote this above, Show me where is the contradiction.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

First things first...Show me where i contradicted myself.

The Progressive Minds are the Homosexxuals who are going about Open Homosexxuality...who are trying to promote "freedom"

The Cowardice Regressive Minds are the "Closeted" Gays (Yoruba Men on DL/any male on the Dl) who are engaging in the same act yet condemn "openly gay behavior"

I clearly wrote this above, Show me where is the contradiction.

And because you're sure that they're closet gays? One could foolishly say Chinese-americans men are cowadice minds just because they have low population of homosexuals. Does that make sense to you?
The same Igbo men who'd come and attack their gay brothers on NL and offline are the ones you call progressives.
The same Ibime you quote is an Igbo man, one of many that looks down on homosexuality. Plz redefine progressive minds.

1 Like

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
I personally think Nigeria, has just as many gays as Amsterdam or any where else in the world...

It's the "culture" that breeds and tolerates acceptance...

any many women, fall victim to the fallacy of believing "their men are less gay"

No...they are just more cowardice.....LoL

The Number of Gays by male population is something like 1 out of 10 or such...depending on whose research...

You think these statistics just "skip over" the legendary immortal Yoruba Male Masculine Warriors?

sure....

Babii..the Yoruba males are just "lying" allot more than others lol

Some gays walk the streets in drag....

while others wear drag in the bedroom.

Either way, it's still being gay. lol
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bawomolo (RIP) was a Yoruba man that used to come on NL to support LGBT openly while their Igbo brothers attacked Ogechukwu. No, he was not gay.

Like I said, when boys start talking about how pretty they look and how one man's azz is flabby than the other, you're bound to find them shacking themselves in the. . . . . cool
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
Babii..the Yoruba males are just "lying" allot more than others lol

Yorubaland is not Amelikka where the black male gay population is 5 to 10 lol grin

Yoruba men are as heterosexual as can be. Tape a puzzy on a broom stick, throw it inside a Nigerian male pool and see if a Yoruba man does not start banging it grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group / Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? / Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.