Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,724 members, 7,879,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (389947 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hi house. Scanned my lion yesterday to solve an abs fault poping up. P2000 revealed a faulty left rear wheel speed sensor. Sadly I can't find it here in makurdi and may have to source from jos or Abuja. In the main time I still have to move around. Hope its relatively safe? Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
wisesystem: Hi house. Scanned my lion yesterday to solve an abs fault poping up. P2000 revealed a faulty left rear wheel speed sensor. Sadly I can't find it here in makurdi and may have to source from jos or Abuja. In the main time I still have to move around. Hope its relatively safe? Thanks.

You can own and run a car without making use of the ABS for years. ABS usage only comes up when in an emergency situation. ABS is there to prevent you from hitting an object in an emergency situation, by steering away without the wheels locking. ABS function is not to reduce the stopping/braking distance.

When ABS malfunction, your brake still work as conventional brake, which is good enough. But ABS has it's advantage over conventional brake system, though.

Over here in Abuja, a set of 406 ABS wheel sensors (4 of them) is about 5k, I think.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ikenna351:

You can own and run a car without making use of the ABS for years. ABS usage only comes up when in an emergency situation. ABS is there to prevent you from hitting an object in an emergency situation, by steering away without the wheels locking. ABS function is not to reduce the stopping/braking distance.

When ABS malfunction, your brake still work as conventional brake, which is good enough. But ABS has it's advantage over conventional brake system, though.

Over here in Abuja, a set of 406 ABS wheel sensors (4 of them) is about 5k, I think.

Ikenna.

thanks a lot for the update, am not into over speeding and not hoping to travel anytime soon. So l LL just use the car like that for now. Looks like the abs sensor rarely gets faulty and that accounts for the scarcity of the part unlike most other sensors. Had to settle for a used one yesterday for 4000k and after all the stress removing the factory fitted one, the used one didn't solve the issue as the fault reappeared on the screen. Hard to believe the four sensors won't exceed 5000k though else it means auto part sellers in makurdi are really having a field day. Kindly confirm the cost anytime u go by gudu market please. Thanks for the Info once again...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2013
wisesystem:

thanks a lot for the update, am not into over speeding and not hoping to travel anytime soon. So l LL just use the car like that for now. Looks like the abs sensor rarely gets faulty and that accounts for the scarcity of the part unlike most other sensors. Had to settle for a used one yesterday for 4000k and after all the stress removing the factory fitted one, the used one didn't solve the issue as the fault reappeared on the screen. Hard to believe the four sensors won't exceed 5000k though else it means auto part sellers in makurdi are really having a field day. Kindly confirm the cost anytime u go by gudu market please. Thanks for the Info once again...

Myself, I was surprised when the guy told on the phone that "New" ABS sensors cost 5k. So, I called him yesterday to be sure he heard me right. Hmm! He said he didn't understand what I meant by ABS sensor. So he gave me a price of something he thought could be the sensor I was referring to ABS sensor. This people eh!

Usually, I go to the part shops with the failed part or show them picture of the part in my phone, because most of them, if not all, don't know these injection sensors/components by their true names. For example, they know oxygen sensor as Exhaust sensor.

Anyway, from what I gathered yesterday, he doesn't have it. Don't mind him! And it appears new ABS sensors are not that available over here too. Though, I didn't go to the market. I made the enquiry through phone. They seem to have only used ones.

I called ASD Motors this morning, few minutes ago. The store guy said it cost 28k per a pair (a pair is the 2 fronts or 2 rear sensors). Though, he said it's out of stock for now. But will order for one, if interested.

Good morning.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2013
Ikenna351:

Myself, I was surprised when the guy told on the phone that "New" ABS sensors cost 5k. So, I called him yesterday to be sure he heard me right. Hmm! He said he didn't understand what I meant by ABS sensor. So he gave me a price of something he thought could be the sensor I was referring to ABS sensor. This people eh!

Usually, I go to the part shops with the failed part or show them picture of the part in my phone, because most of them, if not all, don't know these injection sensors/components by their true names. For example, they know oxygen sensor as Exhaust sensor.

Anyway, from what I gathered yesterday, he doesn't have it. Don't mind him! And it appears new ABS sensors are not that available over here too. Though, I didn't go to the market. I made the enquiry through phone. They seem to have only used ones.

I called ASD Motors this morning, few minutes ago. The store guy said it cost 28k per a pair (a pair is the 2 fronts or 2 rear sensors). Though, he said it's out of stock for now. But will order for one, if interested.

Good morning.

Ikenna.

thanks alot for all your trouble. In the past two days I ve tried three used abs sensors and they were all faulty. While the mechanic was removing the initial sensor of my car, I noticed how difficult it was to get the sensor out and I think that accounts for the many faulty used abs sensors in the market. Would have loved to send for one from Abuja but my experience has thought me one has to be close enough to be able to return it if it fails.meanwhile one of the guys in the only Peugeot dealership inmakurdi has offered me a used one for 7000k which I LL try dis morning. Will keep u posted thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:23am On Sep 26, 2013
wisesystem:

thanks alot for all your trouble. In the past two days I ve tried three used abs sensors and they were all faulty. While the mechanic was removing the initial sensor of my car, I noticed how difficult it was to get the sensor out and I think that accounts for the many faulty used abs sensors in the market. Would have loved to send for one from Abuja but my experience has thought me one has to be close enough to be able to return it if it fails.meanwhile one of the guys in the only Peugeot dealership inmakurdi has offered me a used one for 7000k which I LL try dis morning. Will keep u posted thanks

Removing 406 ABS sensor from the wheel hub can be a pain. The Allen bolt holding the sensor on the hub usually rust and would brake when trying to remove the sensor. And that would make whoever that is doing the job to pull out the hub and take it to a welder to weld the broken bolt out. It can be very time consuming and stressful, I tell you.

Did the mechanic check the teeth on the hub/disc which the sensor is suppose to sense when wheel is spinning? If the teeth is covered with mud or rusted out, the sensor won't be able to sense the spinning of the brake disc and may report to the ABS ECU as faulty sensor. The teeth should be clean and good enough for those sensors to work.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
A Lion fan Diary: Stories of his life with Lions (Pictures attached).

http://www.imageevent.com/dkstef

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by roosebolton: 5:03am On Sep 27, 2013
Mr IK Abeg am new in Abuja and would appreciate if you could recommend to me trusted spare parts dealers where I can get good used parts.. Apo is a jungle and most of the folks I met when last I was there are clowns. Would be nice to meet a good spare part dealer who knows his onions
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:44am On Sep 27, 2013
roosebolton: Mr IK Abeg am new in Abuja and would appreciate if you could recommend to me trusted spare parts dealers where I can get good used parts.. Apo is a jungle and most of the folks I met when last I was there are clowns. Would be nice to meet a good spare part dealer who knows his onions

It depends on which vehicle? If it's Peugeot, what model of Peugeot you use?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by roosebolton: 6:32am On Sep 27, 2013
Ikenna351:

It depends on which vehicle? If it's Peugeot, what model of Peugeot you use?

Ikenna.
It's actually not a Peugeot, perhaps we can discuss this backstage so as not to distract from the theme of this thread? if you could drop me a form of contact? please smiley
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2013
roosebolton:
It's actually not a Peugeot, perhaps we can discuss this backstage so as not to distract from the theme of this thread? if you could drop me a form of contact? please smiley

Unfortunately, I only deal with Peugeot spare parts dealers/sellers. They are the only ones i have their contacts, including one Volvo used part seller at London line.

My contact is in my signature.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Cruisez: 8:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Lately i find myself admiring 407. I have no plans to change my car this year but i sure do have plans to blow. And when i blow, car plans fit join wink. Please share knowledge, experience etc about 407.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Some days ago, a house member visited me with his newly purchased 406 stick with EW12 engine. I test drove it and WOW! The car would fly off at every small flex of throttle pedal. If not that i knew what was under the hood, i would think it was a V6.

I strongly recommend it for anyone who wants a powerful petrol D9, but is scared of V6. Lol! The engine torque at low rpm is wonderful.

Not that the engine has 170 hp, which is the same hp my 505 V6 has. An impressive technology !

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ikenna351:

Did the mechanic check the teeth on the hub/disc which the sensor is suppose to sense when wheel is spinning? If the teeth is covered with mud or rusted out, the sensor won't be able to sense the spinning of the brake disc and may report to the ABS ECU as faulty sensor. The teeth should be clean and good enough for those sensors to work.

Ikenna.

sorry man. Av been away. Yes we actually spent time cleaning the teeth in the disc, we wiped it clean but it just dint work. Most of the used abs sensors have telling marks on them that indicate whoever removed them got tired of trying gently and had to hit it out with force. Tried one I got from the only Peugeot dealership in town over the weekend but that too didn't solve the problem.

I have been thinking, why don't we attempt to put together a link where we can order genuine Peugeot parts cutting out as much middle men as possible. I can't help but imagine what the actual cost of a pair of abs sensor would be coming directly from the producer. Just imagine all thread members buying parts from the same genuine source with minimal added charges, it would be definitely worth the cost since we would be sure of what we would be paying for. I know genuine Peugeot parts are like u LL u,say pricey, but the price we hear from places like asd Motors are surely painful, while the majority of chinese parts available in the market simply dont inspire much confidence. All am saying Is, Is There anyone in the house with a relatively cheap yet genuine link where we can get parts? Have a nice
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
AL4 issues: Solutions that could work

I have posted provided this information before. But I needed to post it again, with update. So if your AL4 is having similar issue in the quoted post below, try the solution in the post. It could solve the problem. But you may have to source for the fluids mentioned outside the country.

jae656:

AL4 Auto issue - finally smooth shifting! 26th June, 2013.

After driving countless Pugs and Cits with juddery, hard shifting and prematurely failing auto boxes I realised it was something to put up with....until my wife's 306 2.0 litre convertible started going into the infamous limp home mode... not worth rebuilding.... hard to even have the fault codes read.... so after much googling and with nothing to loose....I did an ATF flush with Mobil 1 synthetic ATF....without success....so last throw of the dice...Amsoil synthetic ATF together with 1 bottle of Lubeguard ATF protectant as well as 1 tube of Dr Tranny instant shudder fix and fingers crossed....drum roll... WOW! Just drove a mixed freeway, twitsty back road and peak hour traffic of 150klms...... and the AL4 is shifting like a hot knife through butter! Not quite but you get the idea.... still early days....of course.... but thought I'd share the initial improvement..... will update as the klms increase.....by the way the 306 has done 170klms with full service history from dealer.....we purchased it from original owner with juddery box and inoperative roof....since reset for no cost in 20 minutes....for $1750.00!

jae656: 4th September, 2013.

Hi all.... been off line for a while and nice to see this thread is still going..... I can report that our 306 with AL4 box that was the subject of this thread has now completed over 5000 klms of mixed city / freeway driving including a few 40 degree plus days in stop start Sydney traffic and the box is shifting smoother than ever....and certainly as well as any I have driven....as for the ZF 4 speed in earlier Pugs and Cits as an owner of a 92 BX TZi auto... Castrol Transmax M or equivalent is the ONLY fluid I would use.....anything else just doesn't give the same performance......I still have about 16 litres in the garage for an emergency and waiting to recommission the old girl....

Source: http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/105534-al4-auto-finally-smooth-shifting.html

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2013
Spark Plugs replacement: ES9J4S

Since I got my SV D9, I observed that she would idle roughly at cold start for some minutes. Sometimes, it would misfire. But would go away until the engine warm up. Well, since I wasn't getting any fault stored in the ECU suggesting an issue, I ignored it.

Last Sunday, I drove to Nyanya for a meeting with the SV. On my way back, some joined me to drop them off in town (3 passengers). From nowhere, the car lost all power while climbing the Kubo hill. She was just crawling, no matter how hard I depressed the throttle pedal. It was the first time I carried such number of persons in her. I was really disturbed. A V6, crawling like a 50 hp car! It was that serious.

Since there was no error code stored, I decided to change what I have been suspecting all these while I got the car: spark plugs. The engine came with Platinum spark plugs: Bosch FR85PP332. Also, two more were recommended by Peugeot: Bosch FGR8MQPE & 9657642680. The Peugeot part number is RP596060. But because of two many fake Bosch spark plugs in the market, I decided to buy NGK platinum that would match. So, yesterday, I eventually bought NGK LFR5AGP, stock # 5018. The 6 of them cost 12k. Yes, N12,000 (it was painful spending that amount on just spark plug. But since Peugeot recommend Platinum spark plugs for that engine, I had to stick to it.

I replaced the spark plugs later in the evening yesterday. Replacing spark plug on ES9J4S can be a pain. To get to the 3 spark plugs on bank 2 , the intake manifold need to come off. It took me 3 hours to get the intake manifold off and the spark plug replaced. But at least, I won't go there again for a very long time, since the Platinum spark plugs last 100,000 km, unlike the conventional or copper spark plugs that last only 20,000 km.

I started the engine and it rough idled and took longer crank to start. I then knew the ECU needed to re-learn and adapt to the new components installed. So, I took it for a drive, drove back after about 5 mins. I let the engine to idle, left the AC on and came out of the car. But I wasn't hearing the fan spinning. I checked, the fan was on speed 1, but the speed 2 would always come on anytime I switched the AC on (the noisy speed). I was worried. So I checked all the fuses, both on the BSM and fuse box under the steering wheel and they were all ok. I then pulled out the front grille and checked the 3 relays that control the fans. They were all ok. Yet the speed 2 wouldn't come on, only the speed 1 was on. I connected my PP2000 and checked the fans operation. The PP2000 showed there was no fault in the fans system. Then a thought came to me. I switched off the engine, waited for 2 mins or so and started the car again. This time, the speed 2 came on, spinned for like a min and went off, leaving speed 1 on. I did that because when an engine goes off, the cooling system will go hotter since the fans cooling the engine will be off. It will take more mins before the coolant temperature will start going low. So, the test confirmed that the speed 2 was still intact.

What it means is that all these while, the engine was running hotter because of the failing spark plugs, which was why the speed 2 would come on as soon I switched on the AC. Because the engine would have to labour more to power the AC, since the spark plugs have failed, though not completely. But now, the idling is perfect and AC load is no longer an issue.

This morning, I was really amazed on how the car was moving smoothly. I never knew the engine was not running fine all those while. Now, the engine torque at low rpm is really amazing. Am yet to check the fuel consumption since last night. But if the car would average about 39 mpg with faulty spark plugs on expressway, I wonder what she would give now. I love French technology!

So, if your radiator fans switch to speed 2 whenever you switch on your AC, then something is wrong. If you are not too sure when the spark plugs were replaced by the previous owner before you bought her, it would make sense to replace them with quality spark plugs and not with wrong ones. The 12k was worth it.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2013
How to Reset Service Indicator on D9 Instrument Cluster

After replacing the spark plugs, I had to reset the service indicator, the spanner symbol on the instrument cluster, that has been warning me that the car was due for service.

So, below is how to reset it:

1. Switch Ignition off.
2. Press and hold button 000 on the cluster.
3. Switch Ignition on.
4. keep the button 000 depressed.
5. The Display will count down from 10 to 0.
6. After keeping the button 000 depressed for 10 seconds, display will read 0. Release the button as soon as the display shows 0.
7. Switch Ignition off for 5 seconds, and switch it back on. The spanner symbol will now be reset.

The display is now showing me that the next service will be due in next 30,000 km.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ikenna351:

The display is now showing me that the next service will be due in next 30,000 km.

Ikenna.

I changed the original plugs that came with my car in error while trying to solve an engine rough idling and jerking problem, which a scan later revealed was caused by a failed lower lambs oxygen sensor which i fixes. Well that not withstanding I left the new plug I, the car- brand name was segal with ref no.rfn: 58hz. Fr 8 sc. The plugs came highly recomended by my mechanic who i must say has really impressed me since i started patronising him. Well over time i noticed That my car's fuel consumption has increased noticeably and i suspected the culprit to be the spark plugs rven with my limited
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ikenna351:

Ikenna.

k
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ikenna351:

Ikenna.

I changed the original plugs that came with my car in error while trying to solve an engine rough idling and jerking problem, which a scan later revealed was caused by a failed lower lambs oxygen sensor which i fixes. Well that not withstanding I left the new plug I, the car- brand name was segal with ref no.rfn: 58hz. Fr 8 sc, at the cost of 6000k. The plugs came highly recomended by my mechanic who i must say has really impressed me since i started patronising him. Well over time i noticed That my car's fuel consumption has increased noticeably and i suspected the culprit to be the spark plugs even with my limited. Well i reverted back to the 'follow come' plugs and my car fuel consumption since became optimal.
so i intend to leave the original plugs in the car untill there's a clear need to change in which case i ll need help from the house on which spark plugs to use.
Ikenna thanks for your assist on how to reset service indicator, Just serviced my car and its now reset for another 30,000km.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
wisesystem:

I changed the original plugs that came with my car in error while trying to solve an engine rough idling and jerking problem, which a scan later revealed was caused by a failed lower lambs oxygen sensor which i fixes. Well that not withstanding I left the new plug I, the car- brand name was segal with ref no.rfn: 58hz. Fr 8 sc, at the cost of 6000k. The plugs came highly recomended by my mechanic who i must say has really impressed me since i started patronising him. Well over time i noticed That my car's fuel consumption has increased noticeably and i suspected the culprit to be the spark plugs even with my limited. Well i reverted back to the 'follow come' plugs and my car fuel consumption since became optimal.
so i intend to leave the original plugs in the car untill there's a clear need to change in which case i ll need help from the house on which spark plugs to use.
Ikenna thanks for your assist on how to reset service indicator, Just serviced my car and its now reset for another 30,000km.

As far as EW series engines are concerned, don't go beyond Bosch and NGK spark plugs.

Peugeot designs their engines to work better with Bosch spark plugs heating ratings. Not all spark plugs will start EW series. The other day, someone put wrong spark plug in his EW10 307 and the car started smoking. So, the so called "Segal" spark plugs should have no business in that your engine.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
Update on SV D9 Spark plugs replacement

The fuel level on the fuel gauge refused to drop since morning I was moving about with the Lion. Even if it did, I couldn't tell, because it was at the same spot I met it this morning while driving in into my office compound this evening.

As for the mpg, am yet to take the car for a long drive, since the engine needs to warm up to get the true mpg out of it. The coolant temperature, including the engine temperature, would have to warm up to optimal temperature before the fuel consumption reduces. It will take long drive on expressway on highway to achieve that.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MacEmeka: 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
pls I drive a peuguot 406 1.8litre engine salon ...i notice that sometimes when I want to brake my engine goes off completely while in motion .. As in" Brake and Quench " does anyone have a a similar experience and solution to this problem?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mac Emeka: pls I drive a peuguot 406 1.8litre engine salon ...i notice that sometimes when I want to brake my engine goes off completely while in motion .. As in" Brake and Quench " does anyone have a a similar experience and solution to this problem?

Clean your Stepper Motor or IAC with carb cleaner and lubricate with WD-40 before putting it back.

The steeper motor is on the throttle body. But what's your engine model?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mac Emeka: pls I drive a peuguot 406 1.8litre engine salon ...i notice that sometimes when I want to brake my engine goes off completely while in motion .. As in" Brake and Quench " does anyone have a a similar experience and solution to this problem?

Find below a link to 'How to clean stepper motor'.

http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3489

I have posted this link before in the earlier pages of this thread.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MacEmeka: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ikenna351:

Find below a link to 'How to clean stepper motor'.

http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3489

I have posted this link before in the earlier pages of this thread.

Ikenna.

Thanks bro ... I know where the throttle house is ... But can I do it myself ?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mac Emeka:

Thanks bro ... I know where the throttle house is ... But can I do it myself ?

Yes, if you have the right tools, you can.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
Find in the link below pics I took while replacing the spark plugs on my ES9J4S yesterday. It will help who will like to do the same.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/107287-es9j4s-spark-plugs-replacement-awesome-effect-engine.html#post1198840

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:26am On Oct 04, 2013
@ Mac Emeka,

Would suggest while cleaning the Stepper Motor, use that opportunity to clean the Throttle body as well.

Will post how to clean the Throttle Body: Conventional Throttle Body and Motorised Throttle Body. The two have different method of cleaning.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 10:26am On Oct 04, 2013
Ikenna351:

As far as EW series engines are concerned, don't go beyond Bosch and NGK spark plugs.

Peugeot designs their engines to work better with Bosch spark plugs heating ratings. Not all spark plugs will start EW series. The other day, someone put wrong spark plug in his EW10 307 and the car started smoking. So, the so called "Segal" spark plugs should have no business in that your engine.

Ikenna.

my broda you are so right, just that the unavailability of the right parts in small towns like where I stay sometimes leaves one with little option but to patronize readily available yet untested parts. The solution for those of us not close to big auto markets is to do preemptive buying of parts in line with a real time preventive maintenance schedule... But na moni Mata...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by oladele007: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
oga ikenna, pls my 406 1996 model (petrol) is killing my battery, the 12 volts is dropping when i raise the car engine and when drive it for longtime the battery became hot and water comes out of it. i can not drive it in the night cos of the full light, when i drive it and put on the headlight for even 10 mins and i off the engine, the car engine will not start again or lease i start it with another battery. what is the cause and the solution? thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.