Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,740 members, 7,898,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:55 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (391032 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by walestega(m): 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hi Ikenna,

I commend you for the wonderful job  and selfless service you've been rendering to nairalanders. Gob Bless U Bro.

I'm having some issues with my 406 D9.

Firstly, when I start up my engine in the morning,  and try to rev it sounds a little odd (to me) until the engine warms up. I only notice this when †̥hε̲ car engine has been off for a long period. Is this a cause for alarm?

Secondly, in the past week my air bag light was flashing intermittently  and is now permanently on. Any quick fix regarding this (maybe some things I need to check before going to scan my lion?).

Thirdly, my ABS lights have been permanently on for a while. I scanned it  and it complained of the passenger rear sensor which I got my mechanic to clean. However the light remains on (haven't gone back to scan it). Do I need to clear the fault with a scanner before it resets or does it clear off automatically?

I love my lion, that car is a monster on the road. I also noticed that at a speed of 110km/h it seems to move faster than other cars @ the same speed. Is it just my imagination.

Thank you.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
walestega: Hi Ikenna,

I commend you for the wonderful job  and selfless service you've been rendering to nairalanders. Gob Bless U Bro.

I'm having some issues with my 406 D9.

Firstly, when I start up my engine in the morning,  and try to rev it sounds a little odd (to me) until the engine warms up. I only notice this when †̥hε̲ car engine has been off for a long period. Is this a cause for alarm?

Secondly, in the past week my air bag light was flashing intermittently  and is now permanently on. Any quick fix regarding this (maybe some things I need to check before going to scan my lion?).

Thirdly, my ABS lights have been permanently on for a while. I scanned it  and it complained of the passenger rear sensor which I got my mechanic to clean. However the light remains on (haven't gone back to scan it). Do I need to clear the fault with a scanner before it resets or does it clear off automatically?

I love my lion, that car is a monster on the road. I also noticed that at a speed of 110km/h it seems to move faster than other cars @ the same speed. Is it just my imagination.

Thank you.

1. You need a PP2000 scan to tell what the cause is. It could be permanent or intermittent fault which generic scanner wont see.

2. There is no quick fix on this until you detect the cause, which likely is trigger 1 or trigger 2 under the two front seats. You need PP2000 to find out the cause.

3. You need to erase the fault on ABS/ESP ECU with PP2000 first. I am not sure it goes off automatically.

4. I think its just your imagination. Lol!

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by walestega(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the prompt response Ikenna.

Just in case. If I find out it's trigger 1 or trigger 2, how do I fix the problem.

Will get the car scanned soonest.

Ikenna351:

1. You need a PP2000 scan to tell what the cause is. It could be permanent or intermittent fault which generic scanner wont see.

2. There is no quick fix on this until you detect the cause, which likely is trigger 1 or trigger 2 under the two front seats. You need PP2000 to find out the cause.

3. You need to erase the fault on ABS/ESP ECU with PP2000 first. I am not sure it goes off automatically.

4. I think its just your imagination. Lol!

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
walestega: Thanks for the prompt response Ikenna.

Just in case. If I find out it's trigger 1 or trigger 2, how do I fix the problem.

Will get the car scanned soonest.

It means you wont have to replace anything. But the two fronts seats will have to come down for the repair to be carried out. A simple fix but not funny while at it.

But you need to find out the cause first. It could be connectors under those seats or COMM2000.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
PEUGEOT OWNERS MEET: ABUJA.

Its happening this Saturday!

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RedReact: 6:42am On Aug 14, 2014
Oga IK,

Is it possible to have the proceeds of the meeting in an electronic form? For the benefits of those of us not near Abuja.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
RedReact: Oga IK,

Is it possible to have the proceeds of the meeting in an electronic form? For the benefits of those of us not near Abuja.

Of course, its possible. Though, I am not sure i can arrange that before the first meeting. But will do my best in subsequent ones.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hope to meet you guys at the Meet tomorrow morning.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
coolOboi this 406 na car o, all hail 406 king of the road
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by LegatusGlaber(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
I recently acquired a Tokumbo 406 D8, I still own a peugeot 406 2001 model. What I realised in this particular D8 is that instead of the rev meter, you have an analog clock there in it's place. What does this mean?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
LegatusGlaber: I recently acquired a Tokumbo 406 D8, I still own a peugeot 406 2001 model. What I realised in this particular D8 is that instead of the rev meter, you have an analog clock there in it's place. What does this mean?

Can you snap and attach instrument panel picture?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by LegatusGlaber(m): 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ikenna351:

Can you snap and attach instrument panel picture?

Ikenna

Here it is

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
LegatusGlaber:

Here it is

Hmm! First time i am seeing a D8 without tachometer. Could you post or send me the VIN to confirm it was factory fitted.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
The Peugeot Owners Meet in Abuja went well today. Looking forward for next Saturday meet.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by LegatusGlaber(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ikenna351:

Hmm! First time i am seeing a D8 without tachometer. Could you post or send me the VIN to confirm it was factory fitted.

Ikenna

I will do that tomorrow. However, what is the implication if its not factory fitted?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
LegatusGlaber:

I will do that tomorrow. However, what is the implication if its not factory fitted?

As long as the connection was properly done, i dont think there should any problem.

Will get back to you on the factory confirmation.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by LegatusGlaber(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

As long as the connection was properly done, i dont think there should any problem.

Will get back to you on the factory confirmation.

Ikenna

Thank you very much for your time. patiently waiting
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
I forgot to mention.

After the Lion owners meeting yesterday, i drove to a Business partners house for another brief meeting, entirely off Car thing. Lol!

But i got shocked with what i saw and heard when i entered their house. They were having kind of family reunion thing. My Business partner has 407 V6, which i knew already. But i saw Lions everywhere in the compound. When i asked how come, he started pointing at them one after the other saying, " This one belongs to my mother, this 2 belongs to my elder brother, etc. As if that was not enough, when i met the elder brother, he said he plans to add 407 V6 phase II to the 2 Lions he already own, after seeing what his brother's 407 V6 could do, probably.

Honestly, I used to think na only me be Lion freak. But that yesterday, i met Lion freak family. Lol! In fact, it was really a big Lions family reunion, with my presence there as well.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
LegatusGlaber:

Thank you very much for your time. patiently waiting

Your Lion is 406, 4 door Saloon, 1.8 L, 112 hp, 5-speed manual.

Engine is XU7 JP4.

Body colour: Sherwood Green.

Driving Position: LHD.

Badge: ST.

Tachometer: Rev counter with needle.

Clock: Numeric clock.

Etc.

The above showed that clock currently in the instrument panel is not Factory. The car originallly had conventional tachometer.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ikenna351 here is the VIN number of the peugeot 207 VF3WCN6AK33697431, I really appreciate thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
king406: Ikenna351 here is the VIN number of the peugeot 207 VF3WCN6AK33697431, I really appreciate thanks.

Vehicle family: 207 (A7).

Silhoutte: 5 door Saloon.

Engine: TU5 JP4, 1.6 L, 16v, 110 hp.

Transmission: 5-speed manual.

Trim level: Sport.

Body Colour: Manitoba Grey.

Driving position: LHD.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

Vehicle family: 207 (A7).

Silhoutte: 5 door Saloon.

Engine: TU5 JP4, 1.6 L, 16v, 110 hp.

Transmission: 5-speed manual.

Trim level: Sport.

Body Colour: Manitoba Grey.

Driving position: LHD.
wow thanks a lot ikenna, but that car doesn't go like a 1.6 engine ooo, its fast and has road holding ability tech
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

Your Lion is 406, 4 door Saloon, 1.8 L, 112 hp, 5-speed manual.

Engine is XU7 JP4.

Body colour: Sherwood Green.

Driving Position: LHD.

Badge: ST.

Tachometer: Rev counter with needle.

Clock: Numeric clock.

Etc.

The above showed that clock currently in the instrument panel is not Factory. The car originallly had conventional tachometer.

Ikenna

Thanks brother. Can the tachometer be replaced? BTW, aside this, the lion is serving me well like the senior lion I still own although the fuel economy is better than the senior lion.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2014
Good morning house,

A friend picked up a wild animal few days ago. I mean a Wild Baby Lion! cool

He sent me the pictures and i want to share it with all, with his permission though.

Specifications:

1. Vehicle: 206, 3 Door Saloon.

2. Trim Level: Level GTI/S16.

3. Engine: Injection EW10 J4, 2.0 L, 16v, 138 hp.

4. Transmission: 5-speed Manual, BVM5 (Stick). cool

5.Badge: Grand Tourisme (GT).

6. Wheel type: 17" Alloy Wheels.

Etc.

Enjoy the pics below

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RapzyJ: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2014
Hi All,

Quite a very long time, I guess I just disappeared.

Sure also nobody missed me cos I was a new member before I vanished again.

Long story short, I was involved in an accident, not with my 406 but with my Honda CBR600Fv/F3 Power bike. Thank God am still alive and very well now.

rapzy

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RapzyJ: 7:19am On Aug 20, 2014
@ Ikenna:

Sorry for not sending the electrical contact cleaner as promised, I actually got them but then the accident happened.

I still have them if you are still interested, could send them sometime this month.

Hope its been all good with you and the rest.

Have a great day!!

rapzy
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
RapzyJ: Hi All,

Quite a very long time, I guess I just disappeared.

Sure also nobody missed me cos I was a new member before I vanished again.

Long story short, I was involved in an accident, not with my 406 but with my Honda CBR600Fv/F3 Power bike. Thank God am still alive and very well now.

rapzy

Yes, you actually did disappeared. I tried to reach in several ways, but no response from you.

Actually, I missed you because I was hoping to get the Electric contact cleaner from you. Lol!

Sorry about the accident. We didnt know. If I had your phone number, I probably would have known, because i have most of house members phone numbers, we discuss offline and always in touch. Hope you are well now to drive your Lion and still enjoy all the goodies life offers?

How did you solve the Immobilizer issue with the Lion?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
RapzyJ: @ Ikenna:

Sorry for not sending the electrical contact cleaner as promised, I actually got them but then the accident happened.

I still have them if you are still interested, could send them sometime this month.

Hope its been all good with you and the rest.

Have a great day!!

rapzy

Please, I am still very much interested. I dont know why the damn thing is not available in Abuja.

Would really appreciate it when i lay my hands on the can. But take your time to send it/them.

Well, as you can see in the thread, we are doing fine. In fact, these days, we talk more off the forum. Its been a big happy family. cool

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
A lot of people have been calling, wanting to purchase Diagbox (PP2000 & Lexia3). A Diagbox dealer sent me 1 yesterday, incase anyone in Abuja needs it.

So, if you are interested, you can come for it. Luckily, its has the latest version of interface and software that works with windows 7 32 bit. Also gathered it can work with windows 8 32bit as well. So no need for the old windows xp.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
Also, I have been buying Peugeot parts and sending to different parts of the country for house members. But to make it easier for me and for the parts to get to you faster & safer, find out for me Transport companies in your locality that do courier services as well, that have branch in Abuja. Because I would rather go to their Abuja branches, any time of the day, register and send those parts, than Driver arrangment. The "Driver arrangement" thing is not my thing; not comfortable with it, since its not guaranteed the parcel or parts will reach the receiver/owner.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
I have been receiving calls from people, asking i locate a 406 V6 for them for purchase. On my way home from work this evening, i spotted one. A D9 V6. But i didnt stop to check the transmission and the rest. I couldnt tell from behind the wheels whether it was tokunbo or Nigerian used. But it has no number plates on it.

So if you are in Abuja and you are interested, the Lion is in front of ASD Motors, Area 10, where dealers sells tokunbo Lions.

D9 V6 is a rare car to find. I knew what i went through before i got mine. So...

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RapzyJ: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ikenna351:

Yes, you actually did disappeared. I tried to reach in several ways, but no response from you.

Actually, I missed you because I was hoping to get the Electric contact cleaner from you. Lol!

Sorry about the accident. We didnt know. If I had your phone number, I probably would have known, because i have most of house members phone numbers, we discuss offline and always in touch. Hope you are well now to drive your Lion and still enjoy all the goodies life offers?

How did you solve the Immobilizer issue with the Lion?

Ikenna

I bought 10pcs of the stuff but used 4 already, will make it up back to 10 and send.

I posted long ago that the BSI reset worked for me.

Will give you a call once am set.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.