Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,598 members, 7,941,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (513035 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by EfemenaXY: 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Okay Efe, here's out it'll go:

I'll create an initial thread where I'm gonna solicit for the participation of interested writers. Each writer would have to drop his e-mail address where I'd be able to reach him privately and tell him what chapter he'd be updating and the date he'd post the chapter.

A minimum of five writers is required or as much as ten or fifteen. This would give a writer enough respite after posting his own chapter. So, after the writers are assembled through e-mail network (that is, every participant would be linked through mail so as for the members to know who would be posting for the week, they could even interact and share ideas via e-mail before the chapters are posted). My job, however, would be to post the first chapter for the others to create their plots from. After all the members have posted their chapters, then the next chapter shall be posted by me and it continues from there. We may have as much as thirty or fifty chapters, depending on the number of participants.

A new thread would be created for the story itself. However, a stipulated number of words for each chapter must be strictly followed, and two writers may collaborate to write a single chapter, provided other participants are aware of that and an agreement is made.

What do you say?

I say it sounds interesting, but really complicated (to me).

And you say the theme is based (strictly) on Fiction? I'm not really that much of a fiction fan, so I don't know if I'll even be able to make any intelligent contributions...

I think it might be best if I sit on the fence and see how it goes (for the time being...)
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:35am On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Okay Efe, here's out it'll go:

I'll create an initial thread where I'm gonna solicit for the participation of interested writers. Each writer would have to drop his e-mail address where I'd be able to reach him privately and tell him what chapter he'd be updating and the date he'd post the chapter.

A minimum of five writers is required or as much as ten or fifteen. This would give a writer enough respite after posting his own chapter. So, after the writers are assembled through e-mail network (that is, every participant would be linked through mail so as for the members to know who would be posting for the week, they could even interact and share ideas via e-mail before the chapters are posted). My job, however, would be to post the first chapter for the others to create their plots from. After all the members have posted their chapters, then the next chapter shall be posted by me and it continues from there. We may have as much as thirty or fifty chapters, depending on the number of participants.

A new thread would be created for the story itself. However, a stipulated number of words for each chapter must be strictly followed, and two writers may collaborate to write a single chapter, provided other participants are aware of that and an agreement is made.

What do you say?

hmmmm Larry u beat me to this but its all good, I like it. I was thinking we could have one theme and then all interested writers write a short story that they feel connected to, in a form of fiction or true story. Like the short stories that were done by sadc countries on h.I.v and Aids.

Anyway your concept is also good, I wanted to wrap up Home at last before that though

@ house wonderful day
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by kpolli(m): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2013
Cuddles sweetie, please when ur thru with them come to the "room", we have gists we have to exchange b4 play time starts... And please remind me about this cos u know how forgetful I can be
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 8:33am On Feb 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: hmmmm Larry u beat me to this but its all good, I like it. I was thinking we could have one theme and then all interested writers write a short story that they feel connected to, in a form of fiction or true story. Like the short stories that were done by sadc countries on h.I.v and Aids.

Anyway your concept is also good, I wanted to wrap up Home at last before that though

@ house wonderful day
Thanks, HBG. I understand the one about the short story though, which could still be done. But this one is a little bit more than a short story because each participating writer will have to continue the story from where a particular writer stops (by adding his own chapter). In the end, volumes of chapters would have been written. The writers must have enough imagination to thrill the readers (which I'm sure you've got). I'll be creating the thread later in the day.
Good morning, ma'am.

Efe, it's alright. The collaboration is going to be based on a fictitious storyline. I'm sure it's going to be fun. Of course, you may watch how it turns out. I wouldn't want to force your hand into doing something with which you aren't familiar.
Bless you.

And Mynd, I'll like to have you there too (I'm hoping to gather as many Nairaland literary giants as I can wink )
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:21am On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Thanks, HBG. I understand the one about the short story though, which could still be done. But this one is a little bit more than a short story because each participating writer will have to continue the story from where a particular writer stops (by adding his own chapter). In the end, volumes of chapters would have been written. The writers must have enough imagination to thrill the readers (which I'm sure you've got). I'll be creating the thread later in the day.
Good morning, ma'am
Ok I'm in..but I think you should finish the sequel first you know. I hate starting something and leaving the other behind
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

And Mynd, I'll like to have you there too (I'm hoping to gather as many Nairaland literary giants as I can wink )
Me a literary giant?
**Head swelling**

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by EfemenaXY: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Efe, it's alright. The collaboration is going to be based on a fictitious storyline. I'm sure it's going to be fun. Of course, you may watch how it turns out. I wouldn't want to force your hand into doing something with which you aren't familiar.
Bless you.

Thanks for the encouragement Larry smiley

Yes, you do have a great idea here, but I still think we / you should give it a trial run, just to make sure people like me have got what it really takes to be part of this team / group of writers. I'm sure I might be able to pull up something buried in the deep, dark alleyways of my memories based on the Nick Carter novels I read all those donkey years ago - in primary / secondary school cheesy cheesy

I'm willing to give it a shot, but not before I tread the waters...you know, to ensure I can handle it and don't drown in the process... grin grin

What d'you think?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 11:36am On Feb 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Ok I'm in..but I think you should finish the sequel first you know. I hate starting something and leaving the other behind
The Paradox will still take a while to finish; do not worry, that one is my personal work and I'm still replotting the plots.

This one will be a collective work, one does not disturb the other. Trust me smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Me a literary giant?
**Head swelling**
cheesy Are you in?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Thanks for the encouragement Larry smiley

Yes, you do have a great idea here, but I still think we / you should give it a trial run, just to make sure people like me have got what it really takes to be part of this team / group of writers. I'm sure I might be able to pull up something buried in the deep, dark alleyways of my memories based on the Nick Carter novels I read all those donkey years ago - in primary / secondary school cheesy cheesy

I'm willing to give it a shot, but not before I tread the waters...you know, to ensure I can handle it and don't drown in the process... grin grin

What d'you think?
I think it's a good idea. I'm sure that with a few chapters posted up-front, you'd be good to play along. Yes, I'm sure. Carter is a good entertainer...just like Chase grin
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 11:47am On Feb 01, 2013
kpolli: Cuddles sweetie, please when ur thru with them come to the "room", we have gists we have to exchange b4 play time starts... And please remind me about this cos u know how forgetful I can be

Lolz, you remembered me? What's up? I dropped you an offline. I will be online in the evening. Btw, I observed your dealings on the travel section, keep it up wink cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by EfemenaXY: 11:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I think it's a good idea. I'm sure that with a few chapters posted up-front, you'd be good to play along. Yes, I'm sure. Carter is a good entertainer...just like Chase grin

Cool then smiley

Let see how it goes... cool

When are you planning on kicking this off?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

The Paradox will still take a while to finish; do not worry, that one is my personal work and I'm still replotting the plots.

This one will be a collective work, one does not disturb the other. Trust me smiley
ok then
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Cool then smiley

Let see how it goes... cool

When are you planning on kicking this off?
I shall be creating the first thread (the one about a call to Nairraland writers) in a few minutes' time. I'll just copy and paste what I posted on the complaint thread last night, and add a few info.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: ok then
Thanks, HBG. Bless you.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by EfemenaXY: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I shall be creating the first thread (the one about a call to Nairraland writers) in a few minutes' time. I'll just copy and paste what I posted on the complaint thread last night, and add a few info.

Okey-dokey then! cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

cheesy Are you in?
I am in the middle of some assessment right now but I would love to. I might be able to make it work
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
hello peeps...
Nice idea Larry, would av loved to participate if not for some other commitment.
Will follow though.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 12:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
wassup Cuddles!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
sigmundfreud: wassup Cuddles!

hi sig!

I want to take a nap for an hr. I will be right back.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
Not a writer yet,but want 2 be 1, so i must sit on d fence so i can c alot, and @efe, pls help. And continue d lola story.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
sigmundfreud: hello peeps...
Nice idea Larry, would av loved to participate if not for some other commitment.
Will follow though.
Okay, Sig. Thanks. You may, perhaps, join when you're free, as the chapters would be updated weekly.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am in the middle of some assessment right now but I would love to. I might be able to make it work
Thanks, bro. Bless you kiss
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Thanks, bro. Bless you kiss
Aight
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by EfemenaXY: 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
Damex333: Not a writer yet,but want 2 be 1, so i must sit on d fence so i can c alot, and @efe, pls help. And continue d lola story.

You follow that story too? shocked smiley

Already done some updates but will continue a bit later... cheesy

Oh, and for what it's worth, you also make an interesting read. As long as you're able to capture your intended audience's / reader's attention and hold it, then your well on your way to being a good writer. Seen some of your write-ups and I think they're brilliant smiley smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by laykhorn(m): 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
Hello People!
I hope Madam Cuddle and Mynd dont give me a polemic experience today.
Sig! Whats up niggy?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by kpolli(m): 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Lolz, you remembered me? What's up? I dropped you an offline. I will be online in the evening. Btw, I observed your dealings on the travel section, keep it up wink cheesy

I remember u all the time.... Just seeing ur msg from last saturday sef.... Messengers don't love me anymore... Ok, don't keep me waiting

Dealings on travel section ke? I am not a travel agent naa
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
kpolli:

I remember u all the time.... Just seeing ur msg from last saturday sef.... Messengers don't love me anymore... Ok, don't keep me waiting

Dealings on travel section ke? I am not a travel agent naa

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Redmosquito(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
Now I can rest in peace!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by greedie1(f): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
Redmosquito: Now I can rest in peace!

WAT ARE YOU DOING HERE
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 12:40am On Feb 02, 2013
Redmosquito: Now I can rest in peace!
That's scary.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 02, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You follow that story too? shocked smiley

Already done some updates but will continue a bit later... cheesy

Oh, and for what it's worth, you also make an interesting read. As long as you're able to capture your intended audience's / reader's attention and hold it, then your well on your way to being a good writer. Seen some of your write-ups and I think they're brilliant smiley smiley
yeah,i follow the story, and abt my write-ups, as in my write-ups?,

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (725) (Reply)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Man Wey Dey Reason / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.