Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,825 members, 7,882,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:21 PM

Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? (1763 Views)

Can You Kiss Your Daughter Like This? PHOTO / Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 30, 2012
There is this pastor living in my compound wit his wife and 10yrs old son.The issue is,whenever this boy offends him,he totures him like a criminal all in the name of parential guide and training and blah..blah. For instance, if the man comes back from work and sees him playin wit other kids in the compound,he will not make him go unpunished, or maybe he sent him on an errand and he did not come back on time.beside that,he starves him wit food a number of time as punishment too. we always hear d boy scream anytime of the day even at midnight sometimes.A sight of the boys bare body will make you poke cos of the Old and new sores all over him. Many a times, people confronts him on this issue but he keeps sayin 'Train up a child in the way he should grow and when he s old.....' The cool and non troublesome boy now sees his father as a marauding beast let loose, he paincs at d sight of him, he stammers when talking to him.he s now become a very dull kid as i suspect he s been affected psychologically.smetimes the father lock him indoors when he s going out wit the mother. His mother weeps most time the man tortures him, i have confront and insults dis man quite a number of times but he still remain stubborn. I'm thinkin of involving the police,i cant bear it nomore, what charge should i lay against him? child toture or abuse? Do the nigeria police take cases like this serious? Pls let's help a child here.
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Chanchit: 6:41am On Jul 30, 2012
This is very bad, how i wish we have a country, where the gov't can take this child and jail the man for a reasonable amount of yrs, bt the only time d police would take proper action is when the man succeeds in killing the boy...

1 Like

Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 30, 2012
Child abuse sadly isn't something the Nigerian police are likely to get involved in. Aren't there any organisations in Nigeria that protect vulnerable children?
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by ITbomb(m): 9:13am On Jul 30, 2012
A pastor for that matter.
SMbigH
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2012
If you are living in Lagos,there is an NGO that take care of cases like this,they work with state government which means they have government backing and the office is located at Alausa close to gevernor office,the boy will be taken away from him and placed in government care.

If he is serious he can get him back after tens of court appearances but if not the boy belong to the state forever.

Nigeria Police don't get involve in family matter
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by gulfer: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2012
honeypie311: There is this pastor living in my compound wit his wife and 10yrs old son.The issue is,whenever this boy offends him,he totures him like a criminal all in the name of parential guide and training and blah..blah. For instance, if the man comes back from work and sees him playin wit other kids in the compound,he will not make him go unpunished, or maybe he sent him on an errand and he did not come back on time.beside that,he starves him wit food a number of time as punishment too. we always hear d boy scream anytime of the day even at midnight sometimes.A sight of the boys bare body will make you poke cos of the Old and new sores all over him. Many a times, people confronts him on this issue but he keeps sayin 'Train up a child in the way he should grow and when he s old.....' The cool and non troublesome boy now sees his father as a marauding beast let loose, he paincs at d sight of him, he stammers when talking to him.he s now become a very dull kid as i suspect he s been affected psychologically.smetimes the father lock him indoors when he s going out wit the mother. His mother weeps most time the man tortures him, i have confront and insults dis man quite a number of times but he still remain stubborn. I'm thinkin of involving the police,i cant bear it nomore, what charge should i lay against him? child toture or abuse? Do the nigeria police take cases like this serious? Pls let's help a child here.
Yes and very very quick. You've seen it, so say it. My sister will tell me that if such happens in the US and you are privy, the onus is on you to report or else in a situation of fatality or serious injuries to the kids; you might be labelled an accessory.
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
thats pooo. arrest the man first and then report to any child abuse org around, they will take over the case
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
get the police ASAP....dis is very cruel....and he calls himself a pastor

what example is he leading to others
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by feminineA: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
The lagos state social welfare are very effective. Can't lay hold of their add and contacts number right now but when you get to alausa secretariat you will be directed accordingly.
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Tnkx all, you ve helpful.i ll take an action ASAP
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by ifyalways(f): 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
Go to the police and risk being the one thrown in cell. . . "if you no get strong leg and heavy hand"(parable)
Best move:go to office of the public defender @ alausa, ikeja and report.
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
The way some people beat their kids will make you think that they have no biological relationship. I belive in punishing a kid when he's done something wrong but not to the extent of treating the child like a slave.
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2012
gulfer: Yes and very very quick. You've seen it, so say it. My sister will tell me that if such happens in the US and you are privy, the onus is on you to report or else in a situation of fatality or serious injuries to the kids; you might be labelled an accessory.

Your sister is correct. I am wondering how long the @OP has been watching this and why this questions is still being asked. I do hope the child is not dead by tnow

@OP, do you really need people to tell you that when you see a crime against humanity, you should report to the police? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Johndoe100(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
afam4eva: The way some people beat their kids will make you think that they have no biological relationship. I belive in punishing a kid when he's done something wrong but not to the extent of treating the child like a slave.

Why should anyone care what you think. You are not married, have no idea what pressures parents are under.

@OP
I am not sure it is your place to interfere with and in that family. Sometimes we must know our boundaries.
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Oluwa4Sure: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2012
08052004698 hey bro. Call this number.
They will sure take care of the man.
I got it from a radio station.
When they were talking about stuffs like this.
You jus call them and see. Also, you don't have to give them your name.
Re: Should I Get The Police Involve In Issue Like This? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
sadly many have been raised this way and BELIEVE in the deepest of their heart that this is the right way the educate and teach a child about the rights and wrongs of life........the important question IS: how can parents educate their children when they are "uneducated" themselves?

many NL have been raised that way, with FEAR and PAIN....and some may have come out of the ordeal with no trauma whatsoever......BUT, if no one ever told them that it was wrong, AND GIVE THEM THE PROPER TRAINING, then how can they possibly know how to raise a child of their own?!

as for the police, they are as inadequate as these donkey parents.......i mean, ask yourself this simple question: what would you most probably get when you enter police station or jail cell? yep, A BEATING by these same police officers!

(1) (Reply)

Family Planning Method / mm / Are You Looking For An Alternative To Help The FAMILY? Check This Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.