Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,291 members, 7,934,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:21 PM

My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly (2034 Views)

Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water / My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by Aigbehis(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
I recently changed my 2000 model Camry one-cell radiator that was working faultlessly about a month and the half ago to double cell, like i was advised. But lately, I just observed this funny behaviour of my radiator. I opened my radiator and discovered the water was very down. On filling it, it took quite more water than i expected and the Reservoir coolant container was also dry.
Today, I saw an up-shoot of my thermometer needle and felt hot air from the A/C vent by the dashboard. On checking, I discovered the radiator was fully dried and the reservoir inclusive.
On reaching, my Mechanic said he couldn't find anything wrong with the radiator as there were no leaks, etc. On leaving the mechanic shop (10mins drive), the water ran dry; i filled it and on my way to work (12mins drive), same happened.
Please friends, I very much do need your advice on how to go about it particularly from those who have experienced such or have a helpful knowledge to share.. Thanks!
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by kuntash: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2012
I get so upset when I hear such stories, especially when many car owners yield to silly advices from mechanics.

you can however, check your car floor mat/carpet/rug if soaked, perhaps your heater core just behind the AC vent/fan is leaking

you can also idle the car after a radiator fill, physically check for leaks around the engine and especially from d under,

I hope the next thing they would advice u now would NOT be to remove the thermostat!

always get glued to OEM from manufacturers, that car was probably made in the US, and with the climate of Florida and Arizona envisaged... why swap a working radiator? Oyinbo no dey craze O angry angry... haba!

best of luck...
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by ask4double(m): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2012
I had similar experience with mine too,and i can confidently tell you that the radiator you bought is faulty or already damaged.

Get another good and working double cell radiator, the problem will be resolved.
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by jaybee3(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2012
Ask your mechanic to pressure test your radiator.
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by pannyman(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
Looks like you replaced a perfect working radiator with a faulty,used one. Simply have the original one fixed back and save your engine.

Meanwhile, if you ever need to buy a radiator, never buy a used one. I am telling you from experience.

(1) (Reply)

2012 New Hyndai Elantra Or Tokunbo 2005 Toyota Avalon, Which Should One Go For / HELP... 2004 Rav4 Not Accelerating. / How To Enter Into Your Keyless Entry Car When The Battery Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.