Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,865 members, 7,966,232 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:05 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? (10243 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is 59 Years Old Today / Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World / Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by dedeike: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2012
onomeasike: while this woman NGOZI okonjo-iweala shamelessly flaunt a dubious 56% ,which in real terms,is actually 11.9% in July,Lagos state made 75% budget performance as at June under Ben Akabueze,Lagos state commissioner of economic planning and budget who is not a stupid ex-this,ex-that!
http://www.naija247news.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8313:2012-budget-lagos-state-records-75-half-year-performance-&catid=92:news&Itemid=271
onomeasike: while this woman NGOZI okonjo-iweala shamelessly flaunt a dubious 56% ,which in real terms,is actually 11.9% in July,Lagos state made 75% budget performance as at June under Ben Akabueze,Lagos state commissioner of economic planning and budget who is not a stupid ex-this,ex-that!
http://www.naija247news.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8313:2012-budget-lagos-state-records-75-half-year-performance-&catid=92:news&Itemid=271

They have started betraying their identities one by one. The 40 man ACN laptop squad. We always knew it would come to this. Breeze don they blow small small and fowl Nyash just dey open.
Let the blackmail and propaganda begin.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Lordave: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2012
1 thing I'm sure of is that your bleatings & gruntings, grumblings & rantings won't even be considered a menace to her post, it can't even tarnish her image. I'll advice you guys bleating here to think of a better thing, better still you can start roaring who knows government may hear u out.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by gegee(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2012
[quote].

education is defective as the one GEJ got from glorified secondary school uniport.I will quote her press release and explain the facts

[quote]

na which school u dey call glorified secondary school ? sey u dey mad
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 31, 2012
If u dey vex for NOI Go Kis Super Glue 101(I can buy one for u).... Is NOI the first Finance minister in Nigeria? why crucify her like say na she keep Nigeria the way it is?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by dedeike: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2012
superior1:

Laptop 15, the OP has been giving facts backed by newspaper articles. You need to state contrary facts (backed by newspaper articles) to make your statement a little sensible.
You call that rubbish from a phantom online newspaper facts? No independent analysis, no sensible statistics just the excerpts of a press conference issued by the Lagos state govt by itself.
It's akin to marking and scoring your own script by yourself. If this self assessment is what you call proof then, I don't know why you are tearing your pants over Okonjo's self assessment of her performance too.
Okonjo's press statements where she scored budget performance 56% abound in our major dailies, not in phony online journals.
And given the time frame of the passage of this budget, which was in April, Okonjo deserves an Olympic medal for achieving 56 % in July.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by kettykin: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2012
The real problem with these loafersis that they will leave incompetent non performing ministers like the Minister for sports who has over seen the worst olympic outing in the history of Nigeria that Nigeria's olympic delegation for Table tennis has been ousted just 2 days from the take off date and be attacking performing and credible ministers. to make matters worse this people do not want to form their countries where they can be on their own .

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by otokx(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2012
Nice thread
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by ballabriggs: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2012
Only an idi0t would think the OP is not asking reasonable questions.

There is a problem with fiscal policy implementation.

What has gone wrong?

What is the problem?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Silva79(f): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2012
The only thing 9jirians can say bout noi is she and her gang during obj's era paid off d debt they swallowed. I wish i could just lay my hand on some bombs!! Useless woman
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by superior1: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:
You call that rubbish from a phantom online newspaper facts? No independent analysis, no sensible statistics just the excerpts of a press conference issued by the Lagos state govt by itself.
It's akin to marking and scoring your own script by yourself. If this self assessment is what you call proof then, I don't know why you are tearing your pants over Okonjo's self assessment of her performance too.
Okonjo's press statements where she scored budget performance 56% abound in our major dailies, not in phony online journals.
And given the time frame of the passage of this budget, which was in April, Okonjo deserves an Olympic medal for achieving 56 % in July.

Most of his citations were from Tribune, punch, the nations and the vanguard newspapers
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Ghogs(f): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2012
Now,wat has Uniport got 2 do wit this?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by gbadexy(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2012
Billyonaire: The Opposition can only make noise as usual, nothing dey happen. I advise you have an election winning strategy. The fact that you can not win an election or you are a chronic election loser seems to Nigerians that you are either, sectional, partisan or lack the foresight to rule.
You couldn't even respond to any of the op's accusations, but you are quick to blame it on the opposition!
What has election have to do with the allegations made against unappointed minister
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by flexya: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2012
Its obvious none of the commentators av worked in govt and don't understand some points. Before any money can be released 2 a contractor, the Minister needs 2 be "settled" ie the contractor needs 2 go thru due process. NOI needs 2 space some of these settlements over a period 2 avoid suspicion from EFCC ie give them a cut. Secondly, she also needs 2 "vet" the contractors afterall, she can't be seen 2 be demandin documents (ie money) from certain companies. The person who drew a comparison wit lagos was only half right. Before the contract is awarded in Lagos, the contractor who av shown all his "papers" 2 Asiwaju andgone thru due process. This helps speed up release of funds once its awarded. So u think NOI will just sign releases for Billions just 2 aid development? Is she there for development or herself first? When she leaves the post, she (and the rest of the country) expects her and her next two generations 2 live in opulence. Hate it or like it, its reality. Now don't shoot me, I am only a messanger wit some insight into govt operations. If we want things changed, we must rise up as a unit (not sit as armchair critics) OR pray for soldiers!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by dancewith: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2012
This topic is deceitful and obviously a poor analysis from a layman's point of view. The fact is that there are various dubious contractors in Nigeria. Most of the contracts awarded have not been executed satisfactorily. A DG in Budget planning office last week warned that there may not be any capital votes in next year's budget as there are so many on-going and uncompleted projects already awarded. Unless the OP is of the school that what matters most is simply to continue to award capital projects at the detriment of actual execution and monitoring, I cannot see how the OP has made any meaningful point. Fine, it is good for mass award of contracts. This can only impact on the lives of Nigerians if and only if, the overwhelming practice of seeing contract monies as a share of national cakes ends. I am all for prudence in spending, execution and monitoring of contracts already awarded, rather than throwing money around like the OBJ administration did with the IPP project of which 80% of the funds expended lined the pockets of few politicians like Abdulsalam Abubakar that got $12m for a contract he never did till date.

Capital expenditures has become the cash cow for politicians in Nigeria. This is the root of all corrupt practices in our polity. It is also clear that any attempt to introduce prudence and accountability in it will be severely resisted by the status quo, who, like the OP, will do whatever it takes to whip up the sentiments of the already battered psych of the Nigerian people
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by 401kk: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2012
I think you really need to understand how government MDAs operate before you begin to castigate the woman unfairly.
There's a federal bureau called the bureau of public procurement. They vett and ratify contracts before payments are made( based on their judgement and certifiaction).
The other issues you raised like the CBN/bank lending case does not concern Mrs Iweala.
If salaries are not being paid, the blame does not ultimately go to the finance minister, rather to the minister of said ministry. He is in charge of the ministry and the finance minister and should be the one to tell you why salaries are not been paid.

Okonjo Iweala has done nothing wrong to deserve all these insults, she is a good woman who cares about the welfare of the citizens. Peddling cheap lies to taint her image is evil.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by oritim: 11:57am On Jul 31, 2012
It's all about corruption, the woman is in the cabinet to service the interest of the world bank and the capitalist west.
It's so unfortunate that we are in this position in Nigeria.
We were even doing better when ordinary school cert holders were ruling us with even less funds to throw about.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by dedeike: 11:59am On Jul 31, 2012
onomeasike: This thread will thrash out how Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala in her capacity as the minister of finance has been very wicked and untruthful. The bible asks us to guard our loins with the truth. Truth is divine and constant. Mrs Okonjo-Iweala sadly is untruthful and ungodly so far in her conduct in managing our collective wealth

Firstly, I will not bore you with the unsettled allegation that the celebrated paris club debt exit facilitated by her was to buoy up her dream of clinching the plum job of the world bank president,that the dream failed to materialise can be left better imagined.In life,even dishonest people ,when the chips are down,will never entrust that valuable assets to dishonest people.

back to the Budget 2012,okonjo's role is very pathetic.That even with her Harvard qualification,she could still deceive her compatriots shows that education

This is where the malice started. Perhaps this foolish writer was not in Nigeria when we were appropriating billions yearly for servicing of debts.
Just like subsidy, almost a quarter of our national budget went into servicing debts. The Paris club was on our neck.FDI was hampered.
Okonjo Iweala came and bailed us out of this cloak.
It was now decided that the monies saved from the debt relief package be utilized to set up the MDG office.
The MDG is now fully established and running several projects across the federation.
The FG and the world bank now run counterpart funding of the MDG projects
Before you post your lies and propaganda, you must bear in mind that we are not all gullible as you think on Nairaland.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by 2rut: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
onomeasaka stop deceiving us with your analysis.what have you contributed to nigeria economy ?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by IleIfe2(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mallam Dauda Dan Akuya (Onomeasike) You created your account on the 5th of January 2012 and dedicated it to smearing GEJ. Mdn Okonjo and GEJ are doing something right because obviously, people like you are discontented and ranting all over. No matter how bad GEJ is, he is better than anything the north has to give. you wrote Mdn Okonjo said

“Our objective is to achieve both higher budget implementation and better management of the country’s resources”, declared Dr Okonjo-Iweala. “We will not toy with public resources because they belong to all Nigerians”. You have liberated her, since she has decided to thoroughly scrutinize almost every penny being spent.

You wrote the minister of health said "He[minister of health] said rather than allow the existing projects to be completed, the lawmakers would want projects in their name, so as to remain in good standing with the electorate, adding that the Federal Government would prefer that ongoing constituency projects be completed before new ones could be selected." is his statement not true? Why are the law breakers makers all out with guns blazing. Someone is obviously doing something right and they are discontented.

Since Nigeria was created, how has The common man benefited from the budget the way you are putting it. you talked about the housing and urban development ministry's in ability to access it's desired capital allocation. Is Nigeria a welfare state? Do we have a public housing scheme? oh, they just use #49 billion to plant flowers and pay salaries for one year.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Wadosky(m): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2012
HAVARD NONSENSE,theory of demand and supply is the same everywhere
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by akintun: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
I think d woman is doing a good job, and she should be left alone. I think she did not handle d debt repayment and d subsidy issue well. Anyone dat understands finance would know dat our debt was not cancelled, but refinanced into future debt . Nigeria was virtually d only country dat did not receive 100percent debt cancellation during dat period. Heavily indebted south American
Countries received 100percent cancellation during dat same period. The real issue here is dat western countries control smaller countries via borrowing dem money at high interest rate whereby small European countries with smaller income are borrowed money at a very low interest rate.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by TeskyMan(m): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
Common guys, we have to stop all theses trash.

I understand the fact that social media has actually help to put public office holders on their toes but then we need to criticize constructively. Somebody said something, "We are busy driving away the few patriots we have left and encouraging the thieves to remain in office". Take a critical look at your comment, see if actually N O I is patriot or not. She really is to be sincere.
Lets assume we chase her away with all our rigor for being incompetent, who do you think Jo boy should appoint as her replacement being the carrier of the transformation agenda of JO boy? Is it the "Shamusideens' "? or the "Riliwan Lukmans' " ? or the "Dr. Kalu Idika Kalus' " ? or the "Chief Anthony Anis'" ? or the "Mr. Mansur Muhtars'"?. These people are nothing but selfish greedy looters.

We all need to be sincere with ourselves the way we comment, how on earth is it possible for someone to walk without having his/her head shaking! N O I is human and you cant rule away the natural human tendencies from her. She has made mistakes which normal human being could have done but then, she's performing right as far as her role is concerned.
The TRUTH is the House Of RepresentaTHIEVES are complaining because the front companies aint getting cash to spee @ parties, period!! We all know that since the Facrook episode, the House Of RepresentaTHIEVES have been looking for ways to bring N O I down because she advice the presidency with respect to the subsidy scrap. Remember when you fight corruption, It fights back.

I have come to learn somethings about criticism since the episode of "Hembe and Madam Oteh" before the cruel-some display of the SEC Staff, i have had this bad opinion about Mrs Oteh as someone corrupt especially the way media hyped up her bad behavior. It was at the point of the protest by the SEC Staff that i came back to me senses, I knew that for this people to stage a protest, then there is more to this than meets the eye. Alas, when an external body(PWC) was engaged to look into her activities, she had since being vindicated and in my humble opinion when i read the report i have to start asking God for forgiveness. If we push out the good and patriotic Nigerians we have left, we will end up shouting and screaming but you know what............WE MUST LEARN TO ACCEPT CHANGE BECAUSE WHOEVER IS COMPLAINING ABOUT A POSITIVE CHANGE DEFINITELY IS BENEFITING FROM THE CORRUPT PROCESS(s).

A word they say.......

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by DeGrace01(m): 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
Noise maker leave the woman alone, she is not the problem of Nigeria. If really she is unfaithful Nigeria will not go and plead her to come back and mend the economy ur senseless sponsors had mess up. Silly thread.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by airfinance(m): 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
For the tears sadness sorrow grieve rejection decepTion unemplyment poverty and so on that they all have sujected innocent citizens to by their political greed and power accumulation. Hell is your calling. Gbabe.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by dublinkmy6: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
mehn!!!
This op is hillarious.
What's all that madness for? OK, you are sooooooooooo interested in infrastructural developement of the nation but did you just wake up recently to realize that this country is in existence? Where have you been all these years during previous administrations?
Can you please, dig out information concerning previous administrations, thier approved projects and percentage project execution and preformance? At least, you should have started from there so that we can compare performances of previous governments against this present one because Nigeria was not born yesterday- it was born in the year 1960 and GEJ have not been president since then, just for your information.
One last and important thing-- try and employ common sense when next you make an OP.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by dvee2: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
It doesnt take any rocket science to descern those ministers that are brilliant and working for nigeria. they have nothing to loose,they are just doing their part in the transformation agenda of their fatherland. i believe NOI is one of them. SLS is one of them even though i know ethnic warlords will disagree with me. You cannot give kudus to NOI without acknowledging SLS because there duties compliment each other. However some people will come here and crucify SLS while trumpetting NOI. thats blatant dishonesty rooted on ethnic biggotery.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
Trust Onuotu Nwachukwu (Okija_juju) to yarn opaks on this thread as usual.
Instead of doing your work as a contract staff in Total, you're here yapping out of your nostrils.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by chucky234(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2012
Billyonaire: The Opposition can only make noise as usual, nothing dey happen. I advise you have an election winning strategy. The fact that you can not win an election or you are a chronic election loser seems to Nigerians that you are either, sectional, partisan or lack the foresight to rule.
Look who is talking,one of GEJ/PDP's loyal house boys.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by chucky234(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
dvee2: It doesnt take any rocket science to descern those ministers that are brilliant and working for nigeria. they have nothing to loose,they are just doing their part in the transformation agenda of their fatherland. i believe NOI is one of them. SLS is one of them even though i know ethnic warlords will disagree with me. You cannot give kudus to NOI without acknowledging SLS because there duties compliment each other. However some people will come here and crucify SLS while trumpetting NOI. thats blatant dishonesty rooted on ethnic biggotery.
You must have been living under mount Everest for too long to have mentioned SLS as a performing CBN governor,SLS with all his failed policies turned our banking sector from the highest employing sector the highest sacking sector with well over 50,000 already sacked by banks in 24 months and you dumbly refered to such a person as being effective.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Pergrace: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2012

You are so wrong...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Pergrace: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2012
alaoeri: All i 'll say is GEJ cabinets are doing more harm than good for his administration.

I CONCUR
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? by Pergrace: 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
De-Grace01:
Noise maker leave the woman alone, she is not the problem of Nigeria. If really she is unfaithful Nigeria will not go and plead her to come back and mend the economy ur senseless sponsors had mess up. Silly thread.

we are used to recycling our leaders, politicians etc...they know how to play the cards.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Rotimi Amechi Releases His Phone Number And That Of His Cabinet / #revealed: Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu First "Igbo" GMD Of NNPC - The FCT Post / Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.