Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,363 members, 7,910,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:16 PM

Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics (21217 Views)

Pro-Biafra Supporter Buried With Biafran Flag In Abia (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle / I Traded With Biafran Pounds Just Yesterday- Gbenga Osinaike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by ITbomb(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
So much about London organization .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by ITbomb(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
I pledge to Niger my country

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by basisop(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
Which kin thing be this now? angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Kolade9(m): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
Dis london olympics sef...so so disorganised

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Acidosis(m): 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ok
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by tpia5: 12:03am On Aug 01, 2012
i find it hard to believe someone didnt do this intentionally.

sabotage.

they need to get to the root of this and discipline whoever is behind it, even if the person is a nigerian or ghanaian.

even on tv you see green white green all the time.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by ikee(m): 12:21am On Aug 01, 2012
So out of many flags there, only nigeria's own was misplaced undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by ITbomb(m): 6:00am On Aug 01, 2012
I heard it happened to North Korea as well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by hollandis(f): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2012
Na wa o ,uk is so incompetent angry
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by babarazy: 7:33am On Aug 01, 2012
This news is as old as the poster

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by cyril83(m): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2012
Diz one na joke or wetin?
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Emmy9ite(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2012
We dont always win gold na,how will they know us! Poor organisation on the part of the computer operators!

#Emmy9ite cool
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by lafuria1(m): 7:42am On Aug 01, 2012
na wa o. Same thing they did north korea by replacin their flag with south korea.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Shaw007(m): 7:43am On Aug 01, 2012
Seriously how can this possibly happen Nigeria's flag is one of the most conspicous one in the olympics infact in d word"Green-white-green" its that simple and straightforward. . .its either someone did it on puporse 2 make Britain or Nigeria Look bad or some Machine or human error. ..BOTTOM LINE-The host is disgraced and disorganized(London right?) grin
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by EzePromoe: 7:44am On Aug 01, 2012
I think say oyibo no dey make mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Chanchit: 7:44am On Aug 01, 2012
This is the second time this british people will be doing this nonsense, with south korea being the first... The only thing they are good for is collecting money, i remember that we've been watching all the Olympics free on tv, bt now that its the turn of UK, Nigerian TV could only give us highlights.... BTW the games sef no sweet, n i'm sure its because we neva win common copper wire..... Bt don't panick my fellow Nigerians, we'll get @ least 2bronze medals...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by blessed4ril(f): 7:44am On Aug 01, 2012
Dem Dey Madt! Wot d F«»ck! Wot an insult 2ma MotherLand!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by rocka: 7:45am On Aug 01, 2012
I guess to a layman,Naija and Niger are spelt the same grin. On a more serious note, this says a lot about the organization.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2012
Shaw007: Seriously how can this possibly happen Nigeria's flag is one of the most conspicous one in the olympics infact in d word"Green-white-green" its that simple and straightforward. . .its either someone did it on puporse 2 make Britain or Nigeria Look bad or some Machine or human error. ..BOTTOM LINE-The host is disgraced and disorganized(London right?) grin

I hope the Nigerian officials in charge of how we are represented in the media are calling in to correct this anomaly?
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by tarfaadam(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2012
Weitin come join Naija with kind yeye flag
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Henrick007: 7:53am On Aug 01, 2012
thats how they changed MICHEAL obi to MIKEL obi

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by nerodenero: 7:54am On Aug 01, 2012
Some explanations need to be done.If it is a human error,then the fellow should be held accountable or even sacked.If na African do dis now,dem go say we b 3rd world country and we shouldnt have been given the right to host.Nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by DiyaDayo: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2012
One thing i see about this is that Nigeria is a confused country so i just believe that the spirit of that confusion as gone with us to the Olympic game and it has affected our flag display. may God help out from this traumatic situation.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by sumgelem(m): 7:57am On Aug 01, 2012
i wonder who is behind this shit.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Clemzy16(m): 7:57am On Aug 01, 2012
This is a taboo. As a matter of fact, It's a total embarrasement to All Nigerians, both home and diaspora, born and yet unborn. How can the organisers of this event be so incompetent as to interchanging our national flag for another. Just like my fellow Nairalanders earlier said, It's either it was done intentionally or it was caused by a system error. However, it would be good if they found the caused of the problem and replace with the normal flag before It's too late.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by tonyx4x44(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2012
I pledge to niger my country! Bleeping lunatics
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Clemzy16(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2012
Diya Dayo: One thing i see about this is that Nigeria is a confused country so i just believe that the spirit of that confusion as gone with us to the Olympic game and it has affected our flag display. may God help out from this traumatic situation.
You Chop Dry Shit This Morning?
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Ortis: 8:01am On Aug 01, 2012
Our nija team wil neva leave d pitch lyk d korean women did.....unpatrotic nijirians bt anyway i tin london olympics is just disorganised....bt cum 2 tink of it i tink we suld accept dat flag cos i may b a luck flag nd our problem may just disappear if we accept d flag
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by SmoothCrim2015: 8:01am On Aug 01, 2012
Imperial Niger has finally Overran Nigeria!! Well done to them!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by camary(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2012
where re d haters of GEJ. I tink he shud b held responsible 4d flag swap grin
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Shaw007(m): 8:05am On Aug 01, 2012
nerodenero: Some explanations need to be done.If it is a human error,then the fellow should be held accountable or even sacked.If na African do dis now,dem go say we b 3rd world country and we shouldnt have been given the right to host.Nonsense!!!
exactly. . .GOD bless YOu jAre!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight / Impeachment: Police Beef Up Security In Ekiti / PDP Bot Sends Sheriff, Makarfi Out Of meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.